PDA

View Full Version : Better than our banner?

cricman
June 20, 2005, 03:18 PM
http://www.cricketnext.com/images1/masterhd_bangla.jpg

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/images/genericbanner_wide.jpg

So what do you Think?

Akib
June 20, 2005, 03:20 PM
Nahh i like the current one as it shows the Aussies humiliation and Bangladesh's joy perfectly.

Spitfire_x86
June 20, 2005, 03:26 PM
Our banner is better

Mahir
June 20, 2005, 03:53 PM
BC Banner is much much better!

reverse_swing
June 20, 2005, 04:06 PM
I think BC Banner is 100 times better than Cricketnext Banner.

btw here is their article >> (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=12604)

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 10:09 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Zunaid
June 20, 2005, 04:11 PM
Atrocious article.... no back handed compliment that... full front handed insult...

don't even bother responding here.. not worth it.. folks .. not worth it...

reverse_swing
June 20, 2005, 04:14 PM
Thats true. I posted this as I thought cricman missed this article.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 1:25 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.

CTazim
June 20, 2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Atrocious article.... no back handed compliment that... full front handed insult...

don't even bother responding here.. not worth it.. folks .. not worth it...

And Zunaid knows better than anyone how I am biting my tongue (finger).

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

reverse_swing
June 20, 2005, 04:32 PM
:sorry: already a thread about this article.

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 9:51 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Mueid
June 20, 2005, 04:34 PM
our current banner is wayy better. i just love it!!!

rafiq
June 20, 2005, 06:17 PM
our banner text "Home of the Tigers Fans" needs editing. it should be "Home of the Tigers" or "Home of Tiger Fans"

AdLon
June 20, 2005, 06:31 PM
" Don't say us underdog call us undertiger"

Sham
June 20, 2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
our banner text "Home of the Tigers Fans" needs editing. it should be "Home of the Tigers" or "Home of Tiger Fans"

It ought to really be The Home of the Tigers' Fans. It doesn't make sense without the apostrophe after the s. Our team is know as the Tigers, not the Tiger, and the apostrophe after the s signifies that we are fans of the Tigers.

rafiq
June 20, 2005, 06:52 PM
Sham you're right about the apostrophe that is what was missing. Tigers' fans with the double plural feels like a run on or at least a mouthful ....so therefore i suggested the other option...as long as it is grammatically correct it's Ok,

Sham
June 20, 2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah Rafiq bhai, I know where you were coming from. It doesn't make sense as it is now.

Zunaid
June 20, 2005, 08:42 PM
oi; dont argue over a typo
i will fix it
stirring the pot again sham

Zunaid
June 20, 2005, 09:26 PM
I am stikcing with the "runs" until we get a come up with a better tag line....

amadergaan
June 20, 2005, 10:15 PM
go check out our banner in amadergaan....

Link : AG Banner for BD victory (http://www.amadergaan.com/forum/images/BDwinAG.jpg)

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 3:22 AM GMT, by amadergaan.

mwrkhan
June 20, 2005, 10:20 PM
I like the current banner, I really do. But how long can we keep it up there?

True, we have been pilloried by the Australians and it is nice to see Ponting in embarrassed contemplation but after a while it becomes a little shallow, don't you agree? I like to think BC is the most mature fansite out there.

I would rather see a composite montage of all our victories, both in tests and one dayers, that would be relevant for long periods of time.

capslock
June 20, 2005, 11:42 PM
Edited on, June 21, 2005, 4:43 AM GMT, by capslock.
Reason: never mind

AussieBloke
June 27, 2005, 11:42 PM
I have a question for the mods and the other senior members.

The win against Aus was a historic moment. It changed BD cricket "probably" forever. But since that match we have had two pretty bad losses and three straight losses (not that we didnt anticipate that). But the current banner which was hosted right after the Aus match tells a different story. For a few weeks or until the end of Natwest series, this banner is fine. But afterwards I think the banner needs to be changed so that it only reflects the emotions of our players whether ODI or test.

I know that we received stick from everyone about our team and our place in International cricket. The banner is probably a timely answer to all those critics. But now that we have laid rest to that debate, now that teams like Eng and Aus play cautiously against us AND now that BC staffs have started using their real names (becoz of the status of BC), its time the banner should also reflect a sense of responsibility. Right after the Aus match Ponting's face on the banner was fine, it was a deserving banner. I also think that the Ponting's picture is an awesome sight for BD cricket and the way its shown in the banner is almost irresistable. But now that Aus has recovered from that debacle (and recovered well) , we are still a few paces from where we were. We still are not able to put up a good fight regularly. From that perspective I think this banner is not serving our purpose. There may be some other way to put up scenes from our victory. But I think the main banner (which this one is) of BC should be a more general reflection of our teams victory or emotions. WE have so many options (pictures of Golla, Ashraful, Shariar, Mashrafee, Rafiq). Since BC is the main representatve of BD cricket fans and is mentioned regularly in articles, therefore the main banner should reflect our cricket and not a particular match.

I wonder if the mods have plans to modify this banner to a more general one with only our players shown in the banner.

fwullah
June 28, 2005, 12:27 AM
now that teams like Eng and Aus play cautiously against us

I don't know what others think, but I thought that England had rather very carefree (or don't care?) attitude in our last game?

Zunaid
June 28, 2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by AussieBloke
I have a question ... deleted for brevity

Absolutely.... We create banners and replace them as events warrant. This too has served its time and will be replaced with something more cogent. Perhaps a collage of the best moments of Bangladesh cricket, or a collage of some historical pictures (in full color sepia)...

We all have our day jobs and sneak in an hour here and there while we tend to the other loves and labor of our lives.

So do cut us a bit of a slack when we aren't able to tend this site as often as we would like to. Sure, the banner may get dated quickly, or the multi-media may not show the latest Ashraful heroics we are all clamoring for, or the front page tour section still says game 7, when game 8 is here and gone.

Niceman70
June 28, 2005, 01:01 AM
lets hunt for talents within BC members? Let them design a banner and submit it. The BC staff will then make the submitted banners available for all members to vote and choose only one.