PDA

View Full Version : Can Lightning Strike Twice?

roaring tigerz
June 20, 2005, 04:55 PM
Two days have passed. The euphoria surrounding Bangladesh toppling over the 'invincibles' have started to subside. Tomorrow at Trent Bridge our team will take the field again to take on England for a day and night encounter.It is highly improbable that Bangladesh can sustain their heroics for two successive matches. England are on a high and they dominated Bangladesh on all the encounters so far. So all common sense steers us to the conclusion that this match will be an anti-climax for Bd fans. But will it? The win gave our players the intangible which can only be achieved with such results...self belief. armed with this newly found self belief and with the memories of the historic victory at Cardiff fresh in our players minds, can they repeat their performance and produce another giant upset?

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 9:56 PM GMT, by roaring tigerz.

oracle
June 20, 2005, 05:00 PM
like the title! i hope so:)

Spitfire_x86
June 20, 2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by oracle
like the title! i hope so:)
All bd fans want to hope so, but our team is too unpredictable :(

Locutus
June 20, 2005, 05:46 PM
Bangladesh should do better than the 1st game against England because they have a lot of confidence after beating Australia.

Sauron
June 20, 2005, 05:55 PM
True Story (heard it myself on TV when Mel Gibson came on Jay Leno) :

When Mel Gibson's film "Passion of the Christ" was being filmed in Italy, lightning struck within a couple of feet of the sound technician. This happened two times and both times the sky was cloudless. After the second lightning strike, the sound technician was found shivering inside his parked car and he refused to come out for quite some time.

The moral of the story is -
<font size=+0 color="brown">Yes! Lightning does some times strike twice in the same place!!</font>

... keeping my fingers crossed :)

Sorry
June 20, 2005, 05:58 PM
it can strike twice but not at the same target.
i hope it can strike different target tomorrow.

BangladeshFan
June 20, 2005, 06:29 PM
even though i hope differently but bd hasnt seen best of england yet. they got 2 giants in the middle of their batting order who can crash everything in their sight. fortunately for bd in first match, they just played two mild guys batting gently;)

CTazim
June 20, 2005, 07:36 PM
Actually the probability of lightning striking twice on the same spot is higher than the probability of not striking twice.

Some of you may think I am out of my mind, but it is a statistical fact!!!

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 3:10 AM GMT, by CTazim.

jabbar
June 20, 2005, 08:12 PM
CTazim, I think I recall this too! Hmmm..... prepare for lightning guys!! :E

ReckmyBack
June 20, 2005, 08:15 PM
Today is a must win situations for any team if they want to go to final .

ReckmyBack
June 20, 2005, 08:31 PM
260+ plus will give them a fight . Good luck to BD boys .

Akib
June 20, 2005, 08:33 PM
Well lightning does strike more than twice..........

Up_From_The_Underground
June 20, 2005, 08:41 PM
Why not? Last Saturday, our boys learned that they can take on anyone in the world. We don' t have to look down anymore. The shot that Asraful started and the finishing that Aftab gave are enough to convince anyone that we have A class talent. They know how to play and win. so cheers... :clap: