PDA

View Full Version : "Take that Australia"--Athar Ali Khan

vindeshi
June 20, 2005, 08:12 PM
At 49.1 over Aftab Ahmed hitted six on Gillespie's bowling. Athar Ali instantly delivered the most daring and courageous comment to Aussie commentator Darren Lehman----" Take that Australia". Lehman really appreciate in his reply saying " Yeah we are taking it......seems we are in trouble now". Thanks to Athar showing his courageous dialogues for BD cricket.
:fanflag:

Up_From_The_Underground
June 20, 2005, 08:34 PM
:bravo: We will do it again
.:fanflag:

ReckmyBack
June 20, 2005, 08:38 PM
We have to get Few batsmen out for today's match . After Pieteresen England doesn't have any good batsmen left but Pietersen's avg is great .

vindeshi
June 20, 2005, 08:59 PM
yeah from now on we've to think positively, I think BD players are spiritidly very high now.....anything can happen!!!!!!!

ReckmyBack
June 20, 2005, 09:13 PM
Not many batsmen in England got great avg in oid. But Pietersen , Strauss , Flintoff and Trescothick .... We have to get them out . We have to do some homework for todays match specially our bowlers . If those guys can't perform then we have a big chance . Can't forget Australia just beaten by us . If we can beat the First rank team then we can beat anyone .

dancin in the rain
June 20, 2005, 09:30 PM
Athahar is awesome......:bravo:

kalimdor
June 20, 2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by dancin in the rain
Athahar is awesome......:bravo:
YES HE IS....

Ejaj
June 20, 2005, 09:46 PM
It was the Incredible commentry of my life and I enjoyed it sooo much!!

ReckmyBack
June 20, 2005, 09:49 PM
I love to see Atahar says the same thing to "Ian Botham" or David Gower tonight .

Rabz
June 21, 2005, 02:30 AM
Atahar's commentary is as classy as his batting...

well done atahar...

at least now we have someone who can also represent us in the behind the mics..

Mueid
June 21, 2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
We have to get Few batsmen out for today's match . After Pieteresen England doesn't have any good batsmen left but Pietersen's avg is great .
looks like the english will reach 400 without pieterson

GuruTM
June 21, 2005, 11:34 AM
Athar Ali Khan rocks.;)

BanglaCool
June 22, 2005, 01:07 AM
:up: Athar

Mahir
June 22, 2005, 01:14 AM
Athar has carved himself a nice niche amongst all these high-profile cricket commentators. Although Shamim Ashraf Chowdhury had much better credibility as a commentator, but it's Athar who has earned that international exposure, and have continued to defend on-spot bashings against Bangladesh, and have done a very good job so far. His statement after Aftab's 6 off Gillespie is an example!

Fortuner
June 22, 2005, 05:31 AM
We need to be proud of Athar coz all this time it was others we were saying us Take that Bangladesh.

Guys, we need more commentators like Athar who can speak Eng well. Who is tall, good looking and over all smart in commentating...

Hats off to Our respected and beloved Commentator...he is the pride of our country as u dnt get to see many persons like him...of his standards....:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:: fanflag::fanflag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::ti ger::tiger::tiger::tiger::karate::karate:

vindeshi
June 22, 2005, 06:52 PM
There is no doubt about Athar's fluency in english as well as his good cricket sense, so I hope that BCB should also find out some former cricketers who have the same calibar like Athar.

ManInBlack
June 22, 2005, 09:42 PM
Athar is really cool....It'd nice if he joins this forum...ain't there any way to invite him here?

syedmahm
June 22, 2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ManInBlack
Athar is really cool....It'd nice if he joins this forum...ain't there any way to invite him here?

It would be really a great idea. However, I like to share with you guys an article with opposite view. Just talking about the article (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=13862&icolumnistid=11&iCategoryID=2) in bangladesherkhela.com. I cannot support this type of negetive writing in any way. The reporter also criticised BD team's manager along with Athar Ali Khan.

Edited on, June 23, 2005, 3:56 AM GMT, by syedmahm.

capslock
June 22, 2005, 11:14 PM
Here is a what a typical Atahar post will look like here:

"Good morning everybody, that was a terrific post by Sham, who is once again in THE THICK OF THINGS, the forum is right now GLUED TO THEIR PCS."

obernell
June 23, 2005, 04:55 AM
athahar: BD captain habibul bashar is on 46 and leading from the front as well...

obernell
June 23, 2005, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by obernell
athahar: BD captain habibul bashar is on 46 and leading from the front as well...

athahar is still one of my favorite commentators..he is awesome...:great::great::great::great:

Fortuner
June 23, 2005, 05:21 AM
Wow! It would gr8 if Athar Ali Khan & Dav Whatmore joins this Forum.

We need to invite them sooner.

Is there any way to invite them. After all we discuss so much bout BD which needs to have an impact.....:tiger:

mwrkhan
June 23, 2005, 06:07 AM
Shamim Ashraf Chowdhury's English was much better. However Atahar will certainly improve with time. I would like him to become more level voiced and analytical. Right now all he does is describe events on the field in an excited manner. He should commentate in matches where BD are not involved to improve his skills.

reverse_swing
June 23, 2005, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by mwrkhan
He should commentate in matches where BD are not involved to improve his skills.

I don't think he will get that kind of opportunity in the near future.

mwrkhan
June 23, 2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by reverse_swing
I don't think he will get that kind of opportunity in the near future.

That would depend upon his employers. I don't know what his current arrangements are. If there is a tournament hosted by Bangladesh then I am sure Atahar should be able to get an opportunity to commentate in matches where BD are not involved. May be the Asia cup sometime in the future.

naz
June 23, 2005, 10:10 AM
anyway he is excellent!!!!!!

Bat-PadTogether
June 23, 2005, 11:46 AM
Quite Ok!

DotBall
June 23, 2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by capslock
Here is a what a typical Atahar post will look like here:

"Good morning everybody, that was a terrific post by Sham, who is once again in THE THICK OF THINGS, the forum is right now GLUED TO THEIR PCS."

Right on target. :great:

vindeshi
June 23, 2005, 05:54 PM
Can any probashi bangali in England make an arrangement to take interview of Athar Ali Khan, that would be awesome then!!!
:fanflag: