PDA

View Full Version : SA's BD tour in jeopardy

bd_cricket
March 21, 2003, 11:40 AM
As the war has started - there is a good chance that Sharjah Cup tournament will be cancelled. In that case South Africa's Bangladesh tour will be cancelled too.

Pundit
March 21, 2003, 11:44 AM
Actually, this may not be entirely that bad !!

fwullah
March 21, 2003, 11:53 AM
I think that if all the teams (note - all the teams - not just major and minor teams that counts i.e., if South Africa for example comes to India sometime during the war and does not come to Bangladesh - then that would be a major-minor affair) are affected by the war, then it will be good for Bangladesh in the sense that then teams like India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka will be forced to restrict their movements - in terms of hosting matches as well as going on tours. In that case, the movements of these big teams will be restricted in only one particular region.

If that becomes the case, then Bangladesh will get some adavantage of playing more matches and thus, youngsters getting more exposure than what is on schedule according to ICC's test championship fixture.

Nasif
March 21, 2003, 03:34 PM
If Sharja is cancelled, that doesn't mean that SA tour of BD will be cancelled too.

Ehsan
March 21, 2003, 10:17 PM
I agree with Nasif....BD is on the other side of the world ...So they won't need to cancel their trip in BD

shahid
March 22, 2003, 12:04 AM
Lets have India touring BD. They are playing in the ODI series. Have them for the tests.

James90
March 22, 2003, 02:48 AM
I've always like India & Bangladesh so i am looking forward to them playing

Sharjar Cup was the triangular tournament?

Shubho
March 22, 2003, 04:12 AM
...I wonder whether it would be a good thing if we played fewer international matches.

Ehsan
March 22, 2003, 01:34 PM
May be Shubho in someway you are rite...cz we won't get anymore humiliating defeats :(

James90
March 22, 2003, 06:07 PM
Either they give us a whole lot of international matches for experience (not that they really get experience) or the stop the humiliation by stripping our test status

Ehsan
March 23, 2003, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't say to strip off our test status will be a solution for our humiliation. I would say it will be the worst humiliation in the cricket history if our test cap is taken off. I will be so embarrassed that I can't explain in words...may be by then I won't apear in this board any more :(

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by ehsan]