PDA

View Full Version : Will Ashraful lose his head again?

fwullah
June 21, 2005, 12:03 AM
It has happened before. In fact, it had been happening before for such a long time that I am getting quite suspicious as to whether our hero of the other day - Mohammad Ashraful had lost his head again or not - which we will observe today.

After his debut century all those years ago, and also after his recent 158* against India - Ashraful even could not play an innings of over 50 runs afterwards against other teams or against the same teams.

At this moment, I don't want to speculate whether Ashraful was too much over-confident or anything else after those 2 centuries, and also I don't want to speculate as to whether Ashraful will be too much over-confident right now - today after his match winning ODI hundred against Australia the other day.

I know that scoring a hundred today again would be quite impossible, but at least if he doesn't get out playing a poor shot - that'll be my 'little' ambition for today.

AussieBloke
June 21, 2005, 12:15 AM
Good question. records would show that after every good knock there are 4-5 blips in his batting. But the way he batted that day, I would certainly hope that he performs well today. The question that remains to be asked is: after that performance, everyone has praised him, showered him with felicitations and called him world-class. Would he start thinking that the bowling attack of Eng is crap? if he did that...o boy, we may be revisiting history.

thebest
June 21, 2005, 12:21 AM
i think he will. so better drop him for the series.
ok last sentence is joking. but my head say he will lose his head

ReckmyBack
June 21, 2005, 12:24 AM
After a big score normally players gonna come back in form not gone back in past ....

BanglaMusic
June 21, 2005, 12:24 AM
I'd love to think its history... but i am not sure if he'll feel "confident enough to feel not over confident". But I'd love him to prove it all wrong and I hope he is feeling good about today!

TheWatcher
June 21, 2005, 12:40 AM
Ashraful jodi abar pocha khele, Whatmore tahole or sathe abar aari debe:D

I found this funny news (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=14098&iCategoryID=1&iColumnistID=)that DW and Ash were not on talking terms before the last match because of Ashraful's whimsical shots:lol:

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 5:43 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.

TheWatcher
June 21, 2005, 01:23 AM
On a serious note, Ashraful was under immense pressure to perform in this match which he was not handling well in his previous matches.

The night before the match, he called his mom looking for some consolation, she said "The guys you are playing are lot bigger than you in size. So, it is impossible for you to succeed", he just laughed.

I guess Ashraful came to realization that he had nothing to loose in that match. No one was expecting him to win that match against Aussies, DW already had someone lined up to take his position. The result- a great show of composure.

Unfortunately, Ashraful is back again in his saviour of the team mode, the pressure of expectency is back on him. How well he will handle the situation this time? Time will tell.

crickwizard
June 21, 2005, 01:30 AM
50-50, heard to say. But fortune may be with him this time. Imagine the very first ball he played that day, could easily go to stamp. He was extremely lucky not to get out. If that happened, he would have been super torned inside and probably would have dropped for the rest of the series. Ashraful, i think has serious problem during the first few balls he faces. To tackle the tension he plays aggressive lofted shots which in most cases get him out. If he survives few balls, he will again score big:cool:

Mahir
June 21, 2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
I know that scoring a hundred today again would be quite impossible, but at least if he doesn't get out playing a poor shot - that'll be my 'little' ambition for today.

It's quite improbable, but not impossible. Anything can happen on any given day in cricket. Yes, our little genious Ashraful too falls under the category of "anything".

bourny3
June 21, 2005, 04:19 AM
Maybe it works in opposite. Maybe he loses his head after scoring so little runs that he goes out and makes a 100. Then he goes back to normal and makes no runs. Either way he wont make many runs.

yaseer
June 21, 2005, 04:24 AM

that is the key........me also not expecting another big one from ASH.........but at least want him to look greedy for runs as he looked against aussies......no poor/irresponsible shot plz.......

thebest
June 21, 2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by bourny3
Maybe it works in opposite. Maybe he loses his head after scoring so little runs that he goes out and makes a 100. Then he goes back to normal and makes no runs. Either way he wont make many runs.
I seconded it

BanglaMusic
June 21, 2005, 05:15 AM
:sorry:

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 10:17 AM GMT, by BanglaMusic.

Faisal
June 21, 2005, 06:28 AM
what if he makes 125 today:P

ehtasum_
June 21, 2005, 07:09 AM
LOL.... dat wud be carzy if he does make 125 today,hehehe.... wat about javed omar? for some reason i alwayz thought of him someoen who can score big..

BanglaCool
June 21, 2005, 07:25 AM
It has happened before. In fact, it had been happening before for such a long time that I am getting quite suspicious as to whether our hero of the other day - Mohammad Ashraful had lost his head again or not - which we will observe today.

After his debut century all those years ago, and also after his recent 158* against India - Ashraful even could not play an innings of over 50 runs afterwards against other teams or against the same teams.

At this moment, I don't want to speculate whether Ashraful was too much over-confident or anything else after those 2 centuries, and also I don't want to speculate as to whether Ashraful will be too much over-confident right now - today after his match winning ODI hundred against Australia the other day.

Forgive me, but you have speculated. Remember: "Past resultsdo not gurantee future performance."

BioMEMS
June 21, 2005, 07:25 AM
I think the English bowlers are bowling a lot better than the Aussies. I'm afraid Ashraful will probably get out trying to hook one of the English bowlers today. Thankfully he would have already scored his century before getting out :P

cricfanz
June 21, 2005, 07:32 AM
well, javed is capable of big scores, but i doubt he can do it in less than 125 balls...no offense to him...its better not to take extreme risks anyway..

gobdgo
June 21, 2005, 07:41 AM
I would love to see shahriar nafees is playing today and make a ton to become another headace/topic of the against media guys...

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 12:42 PM GMT, by gobdgo.

feisal
June 21, 2005, 07:49 AM
as if u get out only by loosing your head...

Ashraful, so far, has lost his wicket only twice because of loosing his head... once in the test match and then after scoring the century...

Duck
June 21, 2005, 08:09 AM
Ashrafool is going to loose his head again, thinking that he is the only savior of BD team, he is the lone gladiator for the whole Bangladesh. For the rest of the series his score should be 0 0 0 0................................by the way where should I put 1??!!

Since BD team is in the process of making some potential match winners like Aftab, Mashrafee, Shumon, and off course, Ashraful himself, I think now is the time for Ashraful to play and enjoy some good cricket. This is the time for him to play without pressure and burden. ..................I know he plays good only when his place is at a stake in the team!!! So, Dav should make some arrangement to feel him the pressure that his place in the team is not assured like that of Masud or Mashrafee!!!! And also Dav should maintain the cold_communication with him forever!!!

:duck:_Pion

Spitfire_x86
June 21, 2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah, he will lose his head again. I have very little doubt about this.

However, I hope he proves me wrong :)

Sham
June 21, 2005, 11:38 AM
He better lose his head today! No point playing sensible cricket chasing 400!

al Furqaan
June 21, 2005, 01:21 PM
i think he realizes that aftab is just as good as him...hopefully that will take the pressure off of him.

ash and aftab need to complement each other.

aftab is our only bat who averages over 30 in ODIs, a solid avg indeed

naheyan
June 21, 2005, 01:42 PM
if a strike rate of 200 means losing his head then yeah....

BanglaMusic
June 21, 2005, 01:43 PM
Lost his head in runs! SOme good treatment for Harminson!!

TheWatcher
June 21, 2005, 02:38 PM
Ashraful's oneday average, 19.85, is almost out of teenage years. Hopefully, he will grow faster from this point.

Fazal
June 21, 2005, 02:41 PM
Looks like its Harmy who lost his head at the hand of Ash.

bangla_amar
June 21, 2005, 03:42 PM
Ashraful really lost his head.

How come he scores 50 of 21 balls, then 94 of 52 balls

How come he gets out playing a paddle leaving all of his stumps wide open only 6 runs away from the third ODI century in the history of Bangladesh?

Having said that, I would love to see he losing his head again like this!

You gave me lot of joy today kid! God bless you!

BanCricFan
June 21, 2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by crickwizard
i think has serious problem during the first few balls he faces. To tackle the tension he plays aggressive lofted shots which in most cases get him out. If he survives few balls, he will again score big:cool:

You took the word right out of my mouth!!:up:

BanglaCool
June 22, 2005, 01:01 AM
fwullah

I thought you might be happy to see he proved you wrong as much as I am happy to see he proved me right.