PDA

View Full Version : Dileep on our victory

James90
June 21, 2005, 12:30 AM
When the whipping-boys hit back (http://content.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/211522.html)

mahbubH
June 21, 2005, 12:39 AM
>> Dileep on our victory

Just curious.

How did you find BD victory over Aus, H_fan? Did you celebrate?

sadhat
June 21, 2005, 12:39 AM
" Right from the first spells bowled by Mashrafe Mortaza and Tapash Baisya to the coup de grace so thrillingly applied by Aftab, this was as good as it gets, a victory earned by inspiration and perspiration, rather than one gifted away by complacent or corrupt opposition. "
I like this one. Actually article is very charming. Thanks.
Currupt opposition? I think he is pointing Paki... He he he

sadhat
June 21, 2005, 12:42 AM
Once again. Well written.
"And while legends and journalists are entitled to their beliefs about Bangladesh's status in cricket's grand scheme, we may be guilty of taking them too seriously. After all, which sadist would put the opinion of a few elitists over the happiness of over 130 million people?"

James90
June 21, 2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
>> Dileep on our victory

Just curious.

How did you find BD victory over Aus, H_fan? Did you celebrate?
I loved it. Not as much as I enjoyed the win over India but I celebrated none the less

oracle
June 21, 2005, 01:17 AM
I loved it. Not as much as I enjoyed the win over India but I celebrated none the less

HF- I had absolutely no doubts about that mate. Know you too long.:up:

Tehsin
June 21, 2005, 01:22 AM
Let's not forget Habibul (H_fan = Habibul Fan) got us there with a remarkable 47.

Dileep's been amazing over the year and I salute him for being a gentleman. Good read too. Thanks neighbor. :)

(In case you didn't know, Dileep does drop by BC from time to time)

CTazim
June 21, 2005, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Habibul_fan
When the whipping-boys hit back (http://content.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/211522.html)

Thank you Dileep!! A grateful Bangladeshi appreciate defending us. Thanks for resonating our points of view. It was a nice read!!

Regards

Azim

thebest
June 21, 2005, 02:37 AM
thanks Dileep for the write up. It is one of the best for a long time in Cricketinfo.

PoorFan
June 21, 2005, 03:03 AM
Those who have been to Bangladesh will tell you that cricket is far more than just a game for the people. Like football for the kid in a Rio favela, or basketball for a child of America's most violent ghettos, cricket is a harbinger of hope for the average Bangladeshi. And while legends and journalists are entitled to their beliefs about Bangladesh's status in cricket's grand scheme, we may be guilty of taking them too seriously. After all, which sadist would put the opinion of a few elitists over the happiness of over 130 million people?
Very nice and kind article for Bangladesh Cricket. I think this population number is becoming confusing.
This article says 130 millions, I heard Dav says 140 millions and Atahar Ali says 150 millions, which one is correct?

Fortuner
June 21, 2005, 04:50 AM
dileep is too good but that Tapan Joshi of www.cricketnext.com
is a []

he rote negative comments on Bangladesh as country....

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 9:54 AM GMT, by Tintin.
Reason: Language

Fortuner
June 21, 2005, 04:52 AM
Tapan Joshi always criticizes us....i hate him...Dileep being an Indian is too good...

insideedge
June 21, 2005, 05:10 AM
I am disappointed that the resident conspiracy seekers have failed to notice the one line in his article that proves that Dileep is as anti BD as any indian:

... a victory earned by inspiration and perspiration, rather than one gifted away by complacent or corrupt opposition

where corrupt = Pakistan
complacent= India

StoneCold
June 21, 2005, 07:48 AM
"After all, which sadist would put the opinion of a few elitists over the happiness of over 130 million people?"

couldn't be a better ending to a well written article.

Zobair
June 21, 2005, 12:13 PM
Thank you Dileep! made my day.

And to all our members...Dileep is indeed a proud Indian. Let us remember that. :)

Spitfire_x86
June 21, 2005, 12:19 PM
Usually I like his articles, even when he calls us "ugly sister of the test family" :)