PDA

View Full Version : stamp for cricketnext.com????

urnonav
June 21, 2005, 01:04 AM
"The Government of Bangladesh conferred a special honour on Cricketnext.com by bringing out a Postal Stamp highlighting the website's role in development of cricket in that country."

I found this on the homepage of CricketNext. Is this preposterous piece of information true? Or do they like to make themselves better with sarcastic news like that?

:fanflag:

Zunaid
June 21, 2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by urnonav
"The Government of Bangladesh conferred a special honour on Cricketnext.com by bringing out a Postal Stamp highlighting the website's role in development of cricket in that country."

I found this on the homepage of CricketNext. Is this preposterous piece of information true? Or do they like to make themselves better with sarcastic news like that?

Kind of stretching things a bit here. CricketNext had sponsored the ICC 2000 cricket week in Bangladesh and our government saw fit to act as an ad agency. :down:

http://www.cricket.uk.com/147A.jpg

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 6:13 AM GMT, by Zunaid.

Tehsin
June 21, 2005, 01:11 AM
It has been there for at least 4-5 years now. I don't know how they came up with it but cricketnext has been nothing but crude and demeaning to Bangladesh cricket during the last 4-5 years that I have followed (just to see how low they get - and they get pretty low) them. They are pathetic.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 6:12 AM GMT, by tehsin.

urnonav
June 21, 2005, 01:33 AM
depressing to see how low our own govt can go. it's our backboneless govt that makes the rest of the country look like puny ants. (then again, we vote these idiots to power!) sad.... sad... but true.

Nocturnal
June 21, 2005, 02:00 AM
I'm just wonder do you guys read the below links.
These Indian journalists are nothing but a yellow journalists.
Plzz send your feedback and let the writer know they are doing Yellow Journalism.
Link:
http://www.cricketnext.com/news1/next/joshi/tap1076.htm

Zunaid
June 21, 2005, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Nocturnal
I'm just wonder do you guys read the below links.
These Indian journalists are nothing but a yellow journalists.
Plzz send your feedback and let the writer know they are doing Yellow Journalism.
Link:
http://www.cricketnext.com/news1/next/joshi/tap1076.htm

This has been "dicussed" to death in umpteen million threads. Please look around at ALL the threads posted within the last 2 days.

rafiq
June 21, 2005, 02:09 AM
wow what a senseless, poor article. Joshi is so bad that he sounds like the "poor Bangladeshis" he is trying to depict - ie he can only smile if he writes the most baseless, derogatory, unrelated-to-cricket things about Bangladesh. He displays a deep seated anti-Bangladeshi sentiment uncannily analogous to the deep-seated anti-Indian sentiment of some of our BC members here. Couple that with the fact that he seems to be an unimaginative, really poor writer, and you have a garbage article.

Let me cut and paste that over to his feedback link...

btw cricketnext is good for one thing - fast text updates of scores relative to crickinfo