PDA

View Full Version : Toss is an important factor today

crickwizard
June 21, 2005, 01:49 AM
It always is but the forecast today is dry, so if BD win the toss, are they going to bat? If England wins toss, they will surely field first regardless the weather. If BD bats first, lets hope they get a respectable total. Otherwise loosing early wickets will reduce the sprit of the game :flag:

ReckmyBack
June 21, 2005, 01:52 AM
But BD is better on chasing the runs . I hope they chase the run today as well . Put England on Bat first is very important to see English players on the crease .

TheWatcher
June 21, 2005, 01:55 AM
On a day-night match it is always good to bat first, I hope BD will do that if they win the toss.

ReckmyBack
June 21, 2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
On a day-night match it is always good to bat first, I hope BD will do that if they win the toss.

It's very good to bat first but the problem is with Pietersen , This guys avg is world's best already with 104+ strike rate . If he gets in he can challenge any total . The biggest worry . So , if we chase then restrict England in 250 somehow then chances are there to have great fight you know .

Mind it last time we batted first and what happened . We can't even bowl the openning players out of England .

cricketboy
June 21, 2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
But BD is better on chasing the runs . I hope they chase the run today as well . Put England on Bat first is very important to see English players on the crease .

Why Bangladesh won against India batting first and also won nearly against Pakistan and WI doing it. So, I think we should bat first in a day-night encounter. :cool2:

ReckmyBack
June 21, 2005, 02:46 AM
Whatever they wanna do just get Pitersen out . Batting second this guy won't come on the crease you know .

theTiger
June 21, 2005, 02:52 AM
we tried batting first agaisnt england in da first odi so i guess dis time around we shud turn it around and try our luck.

ReckmyBack
June 21, 2005, 02:53 AM
Batting first with England wasn't good for us . That Pietersen won't come on the crease . This guy has to come on the crease today somehow !!!!!!!!!

theTiger
June 21, 2005, 02:56 AM
i think they should bawl and try to get regular wickets and keep dem in control and chase runs da way dey did agaisnt da aussies who turned out to b sum pussies.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 7:57 AM GMT, by theTiger.

PoorFan
June 21, 2005, 03:22 AM
If we have to loose the game in a respectable way, we certainly should bat first in a "Day-Night" Match.
Pietersen is not the only danger man for BD in ENG, they will go for 300 to 400 if they bat first. But our players don't do good under lights, let alone against ENG bowling or ENG condition. Simply we should bat first to post 200+ respectable runs on board and bat through 50 overs. Let the result decide when ENG play under light, I am sure it will be better looking result for us.

capslock
June 21, 2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Originally posted by TheWatcher

It's very good to bat first but the problem is with Pietersen , This guys avg is world's best already with 104+ strike rate . If he gets in he can challenge any total . The biggest worry . So , if we chase then restrict England in 250 somehow then chances are there to have great fight you know .

Mind it last time we batted first and what happened . We can't even bowl the openning players out of England .

and......he won't score runs if England bat first?

yaseer
June 21, 2005, 04:18 AM
if the condition is dry...........we must bat first..........

dorbesh
June 21, 2005, 04:51 AM
I think we should BAT first. This is a day-night match and pitch will be better in the afternoon then in the evening. ball will have some movement in the second innigs so i hope BD will go for bat.

Thing is, Bashar never wins a toss in this tour. Is it because he can't call the toss or he's been unlucky?
Lets hope that his toss luck favor today!

Fortuner
June 21, 2005, 05:15 AM
We need to Bat 1st as its a day night game. In day night game its not so easy to bat underlights i.e. when ur batting second and Bangladesh batsmen i feel will find in difficult.

So, lets bat 1st and score 290....and then restrict Eng to that, given the condition that Naz, Mash, Tap give the fast yorker often and u see the English batsmen wont find it easy to play those as becasue of thier tall hieght theier reaction wont be too fast agaisnt Mashrafee's fast yorkers...and yes...we need to bowl good line length....coz English batsmen slaugters anything short and wide outsiede the stumps...so..we gotta be careful over here...

Sorry
June 21, 2005, 06:15 AM
i am actually thinking how long the team batting 2nd will bat under the lights. the match start at 2.30 and in the UK sun sets at 9.45pm. so there is virtually no affect of flood ligts until last one hour. given that, the team who perform better should win tonight regardless of any influence of the condition.

theTiger
June 21, 2005, 06:18 AM
whe does da gme start in usa time

imran78
June 21, 2005, 06:22 AM
9 am eastern. hour and a half away.

BioMEMS
June 21, 2005, 07:20 AM
I hope England bats first today. Take a look at this:

Oct 2000, Nairobi : England won by eight wickets
November 2003, Chittagong :England won by seven wickets
November 2003, Dhaka :England won by seven wickets
June 2005, The Oval : England won by 10 wickets
Source:BBC

We should try something different for a change and see if luck goes our way. As someone already mentioned, if we can restrict England below 300 we can at least give them a fight.

gobdgo
June 21, 2005, 07:30 AM
Todays performance depends on how long they have celebrated....We failed to resist trecothick before century in all innings of this tour. They (BD) must to see the attack of mcgrath against him on last sunday...I hope our bowlers did.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 12:32 PM GMT, by gobdgo.

salin
June 21, 2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by BioMEMS
I hope England bats first today. Take a look at this:

Oct 2000, Nairobi : England won by eight wickets
November 2003, Chittagong :England won by seven wickets
June 2005, The Oval : England won by 10 wickets
Source:BBC

We should try something different for a change and see if luck goes our way. As someone already mentioned, if we can restrict England below 300 we can at least give them a fight.

:up:let them beat us by run this time. :lol: