PDA

View Full Version : congrats to bd for beating aus

June 21, 2005, 03:25 AM
its totally amazing,

doorbin, in 2003 had predicted that bangladesh will win the 3rd odi in bds tour of aus that year. if u guys dont know it, u can dig out 2003 posts.

doorbin, would have had little expectations that the big win will come in the very next bd-aus match.

the biggest difference between this win and other upset wins is that this is the only upset win to have happened while chasing a target all other upset wins, were achieved defending targets which were most of the times very low targets.

this shows that if bd can chase 250, yes 250 to beat aus in an odi, then they can beat any team on any day in cricket.

also, when mahrab hossain hit bds 1st ever odi 100 against zim in 1999, nobody would have expected that bds 2nd odi 100 will be a really special one from ashrafuls bat and it will happen when bd will do the unthinkable by comfortably beating aus. there were many discussions ever since banglacricket forum began about bds next odi 100s with people saying that the next 100 will come against hong kong in the asia cup 2004, but then bd had reserved its next odi 100 for a very special occasion.

also, the same bd team, who had won just 9 matches out of their previous 107 odis with 3 of them coming against non test teams like ken, sco and hk and 4 against zim and 2 against fellow asian teams ind and pak. the same team, who could manage only 221 against hong kong and couldnt even chase 180 against canada and with only 4 250+ scores with 3 of them against zimbabwe and 1 against ind, would do this -

chase 250 to defend aus

this, when bd has failed to chase targets even against teams like zim, kenya and canada and has failed chasing targets of less than even 225 against those teams.

this win, has taken bd cricket from a level to another level and has changed the "top 8" thinking of the cricketing world to a "top 9" thinking with bd also being accepted as a part of the elite group.

now, there will never ever be any doubts raised on bds test status and nobody will ever say that the bd wins were gifted away. aus, is a team which takes all its matches seriously and never gifts away matches.

a win over aus, has transformed teams always. the 1996 wc final win over aus transformed sl cricket and this win over aus will transform bd cricket.

June 21, 2005, 03:28 AM
guys, i am amit from new delhi, india and i had to post using many diff ids here because everytime i got banned without any reson. most of the bannings came because i supported india on this board in a highly optimistic way.

i came here only to congratulate u guys on ur teams extraordinary win and if u guys want, u can ban me again. if u guys have accepted ur mistake, then it is great.

my new id tells it all - "i was banned many times"

nasifkhan
June 21, 2005, 04:08 AM
ok... yeah....thats it.....Mods ....Ban him.......:D:D

Welcome back Amit......long time no see....

Hopefully u fixed yourself now.......

jabbar
June 21, 2005, 04:14 AM
fair enough you were banned for supporting a team other than BD - this is a fascist forum, is it not? ;)

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 9:15 AM GMT, by jabbar.

James90
June 21, 2005, 04:15 AM
You're handle is enough to get you banned, mate. You should probably do a bit of research before making claims such as:

"This is the only upset win to have happened while chasing a target "

June 21, 2005, 04:23 AM
nasif khan and james90, if u guys think that i should be banned, then go ahead and ban me. i have already been banned many times and i wont mind another ban. this forum is already racist enough that indians are banned for supporting india on this forum.

james90, u can read the list of top 10 upsets on cricinfo and u will c that this is the only upset win to have happened while chasing a target. all other upset wins came batting 1st. if u think that this is wrong, thewn do give some examples of upset wins which happened while chasing a target.

PoorFan
June 21, 2005, 04:40 AM
ha ha ha, Let me take it this way, you love and miss this forum so much which bring you again and again in this forum after get banned several time. I like to accept your congratulation and hope you enjoy this forum without getting banned again.:)

btw,
this forum is already racist enough that indians are banned for supporting india on this forum.
It's not true.

June 21, 2005, 04:43 AM
what i have said was 100% true. the last time i got banned during the ind-bd series, i got banned only because i gave my view that the 2nd odi which bangladesh won was fixed.

if members are banned for just giving their views about a match, then the forum has got to be racist.

i do not mind if i get banned again. i just want the mods to realize their mistake.

Mr-khan
June 21, 2005, 04:52 AM
Hahahah..Amit is back.Its another upset.:lol:

yaseer
June 21, 2005, 04:58 AM
ya.....a indian is saying.......indian people sell their country for money :) why he should be banned

:P

you ppl are really.......

yaseer
June 21, 2005, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by i_was_banned_many_times
what i have said was 100% true. the last time i got banned during the ind-bd series, i got banned only because i gave my view that the 2nd odi which bangladesh won was fixed.

if members are banned for just giving their views about a match, then the forum has got to be racist.

i do not mind if i get banned again. i just want the mods to realize their mistake.

ya.....an indian is saying.......indian people sell their country for money :) why he should be banned

:P

you ppl are really.......

yaseer
June 21, 2005, 05:07 AM
sorry.....double post.....my mistake.........

June 21, 2005, 08:21 AM
guys, i used to post as "amit(a huge bd fan)" and that nick got banned bcoz i said that "ind will crush bd by an innings within 2-3 days". that prediction almost came true as ind won both tests by an innings in the 4th day and the matches reached the 4th day only bcoz of some delay in the start. this time even my name got banned and i couldnt create any new nick with my name in it.

after that, i came on as "bd_fan_from_india" and that nick got banned bcoz i said that "the 2nd bd-ind odi was fixed".

in both occasions, i got banned for supporting india, so i dont mind if i get banned this time for supporting india.

i have come here to make the mods realize their mistake and if they want, they can ban this id as well.

i hope that the mods realize their mistake.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 1:24 PM GMT, by i_was_banned_many_times.

Zunaid
June 21, 2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by i_was_banned_many_times
i hope that the mods realize their mistake.

The mods made no mistake. You are just a troll and a bloody annoyance who has been banned from many other sites including Indian ones for rapidly degrading the quality of the forum by posting utter drivel.

Keep this charade up once again the dodo will become extinct.

prasad
June 21, 2005, 09:47 AM
.indian people sell their country for money

would u care to clarify.we dont rent the nation to the terrorists and help them start training camps.now who is selling,renting,lease .....:wow:

Mahmood
June 21, 2005, 10:13 AM
Actually he gets banned for insulting Bangladesh, not praising India.

Last time we decided not to go give him any more chances, as soon as he gets a new IP to come back, we ban him again.

mwrkhan
June 21, 2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by prasad
.indian people sell their country for money

would u care to clarify.we dont rent the nation to the terrorists and help them start training camps.now who is selling,renting,lease .....:wow:

Well neither do we ....we are no Afghanistan. There is a difference between perception and reality. An Indian poster called Amit said India threw away the match they lost to BD because it was fixed, we didn't say it. It was an Indian who implied your country was sold. Not us.