PDA

View Full Version : World Cup overall - dissapointing

Piranha
March 23, 2003, 02:31 PM
I think this WC was dissapointing overall. There were not any really exciting matches (except for the first one, and maybe one or two others ). Australia's victory was very predictable and all their games were more-or-less one sided affairs.
All in all, this was a very forgettable world cup. What do u people think?

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Piranha]

Ehsan
March 23, 2003, 04:51 PM
Disappointing only for BD team not for other....oter matches turned out well especially all the kenya upsets plus the 1st Aus vs India match was too good and Pak Vs India too was good match.

Tehsin
March 24, 2003, 12:15 AM
The world cup lost it's charm thanks to Australia. They could have lost a couple of games and make in intersting - eventually winning the final ofcourse.

Seriously though - England and New Zealand share the blame and so does RAIN. Bangladesh players are solely responsible for some of our loss in interest.

Zimbabwe and Kenya rode their luck and the only reason I won't blame them is because they couldn't help it if teams like South Africa and Pakistan flopped while England and West Indies missed their chances.

shahid
March 24, 2003, 12:35 AM
Aussies struggle too but came out very well. See their matches against Eng, NZ, Ken and SL.

Ehsan
March 24, 2003, 12:39 AM
THATS A DIFFERENT STORY... STRUGGLED BUT DIDN"T LOOSE>>>SOMETiMES ITS GOOD TO SEE SOME ONE WIN THE WC WITH NO DEFEATS....JUST LIKE BRAZIL DID IN SOCCER....BUT AUSTRALIA IS A LIITLE TOO STRONG IF WE COMPARE THEM WITH BRAZIL......AUSTRALIA WERE SUPPOSE TO WIN AND THEY MEANT TO WIN AND THEY WON!!!

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by ehsan]

shahid
March 24, 2003, 12:42 AM
they became the 4th team to do so.

Ehsan
March 24, 2003, 12:43 AM
AND YA THE FIRST EVER TEAM TO WIN THE WORLD CUP THREE TIMES...

Nasif
March 24, 2003, 01:01 AM
This world cup was anything but exciting. In the first round I was throughly drained off of my mental capacity by our defeats. It took few days to digest all those garbage batting display. I was in utter shock.

After that when Kenya went into super six, I thought this is plain stupid. And it turned out to be stupid as they went to semifinal. Doesn't matter what anyone say, I (firmly) don't agree that Kenya deserves to be in semis. I have my bucket full of logics for that.

And watching the final I thought hey Zahir Khan was trying to be like Talha, giving all those runs and wides :D . After the first over I told my brother that India will loose and so they did (didn't matter cause I wasn't supporting anyone). At one point I thougt Aus will make 400+ runs, but India did good to restrict them to 359 :o

At the end of the day, I would like to forget this World Cup, for solely because BD was humiliated.

In a year from now if you ask me, hey do you remember so and so's batting during world cup 03? I would say, what are you talking about, there was a cricket world cup in 2003?

shahid
March 24, 2003, 05:00 AM
If i weren't a BD supporter, i would have said that this WC was the best ever. I can't say it now as i am a BD supporter and i take a lot of pride in being a BD supporter.

Now, not considering myself as a BD supporter for a minute, i will tell you guys how this world cup was very exciting.

First of all we had lots of close games like SAvWI, NZvWI, SLvWI, EngvAus and SLvSA. Lots of games were just exciting to watch like IndvPak, etc.

Not to forget Kenya, first ever non-test nation to reach the semi-finals. They deserved every bit of it. Besides the first win over Canada, they defeated 3 strong test-playing nations in SL, BD and Zim(I am calling BD as a strong test-playing nation here as i am a BD supporter), They also gave the eventual finals, India and Australia a rude scare. Australia and India got what they deserved by playing good cricket. Before the WC, Aussies deserved to win it as they were the best team and India deserved to be the runners-up. Eng and NZ got what they deserved after the forfiets. In all, it was the best ever world cup.

James90
March 24, 2003, 05:08 AM
I would have muvh prefered the WC had more games been on TV....had i lived in a different timezone.....if the damn WC final was on the news instead of this F**KING WAR!!!!!

Banglatiger84
March 25, 2003, 01:37 PM
Neutrally speaking, this world cup was much more disappointing than the previous 2.

the 1996 cup saw many exciting games at the later stages, aus- wi semis, lara's innings against s africa, aus vs new zeland and pak- india in the quarter finals.

last world cup saw the aussies lose twice and then come back to win the cup.
We also saw probably the best ever one day game ever, s africa vs australia

fwullah
March 25, 2003, 10:24 PM
This world cup was also soudning to be like even a more exciting one, with the start of Lara making a century against SA.

Piranha
March 25, 2003, 11:02 PM
The Cup was dissapointing not only beacuse BD sucked, but also because most of the good games seem to have finished in the first round. There were of course some good games, but the tension and excitement did not build up and in the end i thought the whole thing was forgettable.
I think Kenya deserved their place fully. Its not their fault that NZ did not play in Kenya. Kenya did very well to beat SL, ZIM (victory against us was easy i think).