PDA

View Full Version : Call a nick by any other name

Zunaid
June 23, 2005, 02:03 PM
Some of you might have noticed what appears to be new moderator, webmaster or staff nicks. No, we have not suddenly doubled in size. Some of us are switching from "typical" nicks to using our real names as nicks.

We will keep you posted as to who was who and who still is who...

The prince is no longer with us. Rajputro is now Mahmood
The Matrix has been destroyed: AgentSmith is now Rubu
Pompous has turned humble: Pompous is now Zobair
Radicalism lost to moderation: radicalsami is now Sami
ghor_jamai decided to make me his idol: ghor_jamai is now ZunaidH

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 2:49 AM GMT, by Mahmood.

Rajputra
June 24, 2005, 09:22 PM
You Guys should have reserved those nicks.
Casue over the time those nicks earned some brand value. Pleople already started to take those "Brand Name" nicks. How confusing this can be? Just look at me.

Mahmood
June 24, 2005, 09:45 PM
Rajputra is not Rajputro, that nick is taken. This is a impersonating attempt by creating a similiar nick and using the same avatar, anyone can do that anytime to any nick and we can choose to ban the offender.

babubangla
June 24, 2005, 09:51 PM
Is it possible to take similar nick by more than one person?

Mahmood
June 24, 2005, 10:15 PM
Definitly. Someone can register a nick babubanglar anytime. The thing we look for is if this is a coincidence or intentional, it someone is trying to take the identity or just happen to have a similiar nick.

Zunaid
June 24, 2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Rajputra
You Guys should have reserved those nicks.
Casue over the time those nicks earned some brand value. Pleople already started to take those "Brand Name" nicks. How confusing this can be? Just look at me.

Now now babu moshai :)

Tehsin
June 24, 2005, 11:03 PM
Geez, i have to remember new names now ? What is wrong with you guys ?

By the way, I sold out to <b>T</b>ehsin

bdbazar_com
June 25, 2005, 12:16 AM
I go to 10-12 forums a day and this is one of my marketing policy to keep username the name I want people to remember..

:))

Shahed

Sami
June 25, 2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by babubangla
Is it possible to take similar nick by more than one person?

The same nick can NOT be registered twice but as you can see a small variation (see the RajputrO and RajputrA...). A quick look wont see the difference and the added fact that both have the same avatar makes the situation rather confusing.

Dhurr
June 25, 2005, 11:15 PM
why the change?

Locutus
June 27, 2005, 08:31 AM
I am confused. Don't know who is who!

Sami
June 27, 2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Logen
I am confused. Don't know who is who!

Did you know who was who? If you did... then refer to the top of this thread.

Mahmood
June 27, 2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Dhurr
why the change?

Some of the Staff felt, since BC is now a respectable website, it might be proper to have Staff nicks with real names rather than phony fictional nicks.

Zunaid
June 27, 2005, 12:30 PM
Just to add - BC was never a "non-respectable" website. :)

We are now more universally known as the place for almost all things Bangladesh Cricket.

say
June 27, 2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Mahmood
Originally posted by Dhurr
why the change?

Some of the Staff felt, since BC is now a respectable website, it might be proper to have Staff nicks with real names rather than phony fictional nicks.

hmmm... chinabhai is still chinaman. So hold back your comments till he changes.

Mahmood
June 27, 2005, 07:20 PM
Thats why I said "Some of the staff"...

Rubu
June 27, 2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by say
hmmm... chinabhai is still chinaman. So hold back your comments till he changes.

Bull's eye! :lol:

Sami
June 27, 2005, 07:57 PM
btw what makes you think that's not his real name? huh?

Zunaid
June 27, 2005, 08:08 PM
Chowdhury Imtiaz Nafizul Manzur orfe Chinaman

Edited on, June 28, 2005, 1:09 AM GMT, by Zunaid.

Rubu
June 27, 2005, 08:14 PM
then it need to be changed to ChINaMan. ;)

Sami
June 27, 2005, 08:43 PM
CM bhai: come man kisu bolen... u are like the most talked about figure on BC.

mini interview of a BC celeb:

Q: To Chinaman bhai, apni kotodeen dhore BanglaCricket er forums e bichoron korchen?

Q: How did you reach the amazing heights of being what you are at BC?

Q: word on the street is that you can see each and every post as they get typed and you smyte the offenders with your lightning mouse and keyboard... is it true or just a myth?

Q: Why did you cry and make such a scene when the selectors decided to drop you from the bangladesh national team? (oh thuri... wrong question card... oi abdul, puran card gula falas nai ken? hmmm abdul re ajke khaisi...)

Q: So last but not the least... the million dollar question... who is the man behind the legendary name? Is your name Chowdhury Imtiaz Nafizul Manzur as someone (from an anonymous but a very reliable source) claims?

Rubu
June 27, 2005, 08:48 PM
you missed to real question:

Q: why did u chosen the nick "chinaman"? Does it has anything to do with your "thabra" nose, or it has something to do with the spin bowling?

Mahir
June 27, 2005, 09:40 PM
moderators keeping their real names as user ID in this forum is something, which I think, gives a bit more dignity to each of their roles. I mean, one would like to be known by one's real name if one does something that is significant, instead of being recognized by a phony of fictional name.

I dont know... just my own thought it was.

Mahir
June 27, 2005, 09:41 PM
by the way, I notice a certain Ahemd_H in this forum nowadays. Would anyone be kind enough to shed some light on this person's "previous identity" ?

Zunaid
June 27, 2005, 09:57 PM
We all strive to reach the horizon - some of us actually succeed.

Ahmed_B was once known as crickethorizon.

Mahir
June 28, 2005, 01:01 AM
good going with your innovative punchlines, Dr. Zunaid!!! :D

say
June 28, 2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Chowdhury Imtiaz Nafizul Manzur orfe Chinaman

Edited on, June 28, 2005, 1:09 AM GMT, by Zunaid.

very innovative Dr. Z. :D

say
June 28, 2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Sami

Q: So last but not the least... the million dollar question... who is the man behind the legendary name?

The answer lies somewhere within banglacricket.com website. If you look hard and you'll find it right here (http://www.banglacricket.com).

Zunaid
June 28, 2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Zunaid later Edited by Mahmood

ghor_jamai decided to make me his idol: ghor_jamai is now ZunaidH

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 2:49 AM GMT, by Mahmood.

Heh, rajputr.. er Mahmood.

Didn't notice this one... :)

Edited on, June 28, 2005, 3:01 PM GMT, by Zunaid.

Tintin
June 28, 2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by say
Originally posted by Sami

Q: So last but not the least... the million dollar question... who is the man behind the legendary name?

The answer lies somewhere within banglacricket.com website. If you look hard and you'll find it right here (http://www.banglacricket.com).

There was a discussion here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=4356#pid37905) . That was a long time ago.

chinaman
June 28, 2005, 12:10 PM
So you wanted to know about chinaman? But are you really ready for it? Well I'll try to give a glimpse of him from the unpublished note of Ibne Botuta.

Cinaman was still a chinaboy at that time. And Botuta would swear by the name of Mohammad Ikhteyar bin Bokhtiar Kheeljy that the name has more to do with left than the land of China. After all, what good was there for a china if everything went right?

So, he was the prince of his domain and was always busy on the go. Tired of running after him, mom summoned him to spend the evening inside the room while she would be polishing her china collection. Then it happened. You know, the itty bitty tiny innocent kind. But the boy made a similar vocal sound in a futile attempt to trick mom. It was never easy to fool those ever present species most unscientifically termed mom. Chinaboy had to carry the shame a long long way, all by himself. At times the evening cricket would offer him kind solace but he remained captive of a fateful moment untill the day his own offspring offered him the same trick. Suddenly a huge burden was relieved and he became a free man again. According to Botuta's footnote, chainaman was last known to be enjoying cricket like never before.

Edited on, June 29, 2005, 3:05 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: decency. very sorry about it

say
June 29, 2005, 08:13 AM
Great!! now I have to figure out what did he mean by 'rosebud' :exclamation:

Zunaid
June 29, 2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
[edit]

This sounds very gross. Open to lots of misinterpretations.

Edited on, June 29, 2005, 3:06 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: edit quote. I shouldn't have write it in the first place. Sorry.

Spitfire_x86
June 30, 2005, 01:38 PM
There are too many mods in this forum, and too many mods = bad

There should be just one universal moderator, and one extra moderator for every forum (maybe two for Bangladesh cricket forum, since it's much bigger)

chinaman
June 30, 2005, 01:40 PM
And who's going to watch you when Rajin goes for a duck again? :)

Spitfire_x86
June 30, 2005, 03:50 PM
that's why I recommended 1-2 forum specific mods, and we will have you as global moderator anyway :)

Don't you think 8 super-admin/admin/super-mods and 10 additional mods is too many for such a small forum?

AsifTheManRahman
June 30, 2005, 05:40 PM
i remember fazal opening a thread titled "too many pagols on one website" or something like that. he made up some nicks that he said would confuse us if they really existed in BC. well, looks like he's gonna have an even harder job coming up with a list of similar nicks now. the variety of nicks that exist currently on this board are too confusing. for example, i can never distinguish between "mahmood" and "Mahmood".

Mahir
June 30, 2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
that's why I recommended 1-2 forum specific mods, and we will have you as global moderator anyway :)

Don't you think 8 super-admin/admin/super-mods and 10 additional mods is too many for such a small forum?

BC is really an "ever-growing" subject!

AsifTheManRahman
June 30, 2005, 06:26 PM
yes, i guess it's a bit too many. even forums like codeguru don't have such a humongous ratio of mods to members/forums.

Mahmood
June 30, 2005, 09:26 PM
Few sites maintain the high level of quality we do and each time we fall behind in moderation, we add more. So it has nothing to do with how many moderators we have or how many we should have, but totally based on how many we need.

The focus should be if the forum is becoming less decent or less friendly and if it does, you should inform us.

Orpheus
July 1, 2005, 10:38 PM
that's how democracy run. Power amonst ppl.......

So more power goes out, the better it is....

Did you know that throwing a gun to everyone is a vital ingredient in democracy?