PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to 2007

rafiq
March 24, 2003, 12:39 PM
Missed the final as i was away on a business trip. Now I am trying to decide wither to erase all the taped BD games to free up valuable VHS space.

Looking ahead to 2007, I hope some of you guys will make it to the Caribbean in 2007. Especially people in the US since it is not too far away. Would be fun to run into some board members down there. I saw my old college buddy Chris Dehring on TV during the Cup. A big shot now, he is running the WC 2007 for the WI board. Here's hoping he will send some tickets this way... or at the very least will have a few cases of Red Stripe waiting when I get to Kingston.

shahid
March 24, 2003, 11:44 PM
I would come for the BD v Ind match, Ind v Pak match or the BD v Pak match (If its held).

James90
March 25, 2003, 05:57 AM
That would be an interesting triangular series

India Bangladesh Pakistan

DOORBIN
March 25, 2003, 05:11 PM
When will this series be held ?

rafiq - I may be there in the Caribbean during 2007, if I can make a nice and comfortable life for myself like the wealthy people do. In my dreams, I see myself travelling around the world every 2 years or so.....therefore, in one trip, I might see 2 or 3 ODI matches in different countries ...

Oh yeah. Nothing is impossible.

In the meantime, as an Australian (as well), I invite you all to this part of the world during August 2003 to view the WIN OF THE CENTURY. That will be on 6th August at Darwin. This is what I am hoping :

1) Bangladesh will be extremely lucky that day. They will have their best team playing.

2) Australia, on the other hand will be unlucky.

3) Bangladeshi openers will play their best game.

4) Bangladeshi players will remain highly motivated and desperate to win this last ODI in Australia (to take home some pride)

5) The stadium will have 90% Bangladesh team's supporters and 10% Australia supporters. The supporters for Bangladesh will comprise of some supporters coming from overseas, from different countries of the world (to see the WIN OF THE CENTURY). Plus, the Indian, Pakistani and Sri Lankan people (mostly local) who will also support Bangladesh.

6) It will be a nice sunny day, perfect for a game such as this.

==== REALLY BANGLADESH BEAT AUSTRALIA?
==== OH YEAH

(Arnab, sorry I have used CAPS LOCK a few times !!)

shahid
March 26, 2003, 12:16 AM
DOORBIN bhai,

Don't dream too much. BD can't beat Aus (atleast not until 2010). I think we might have a close game that day. BD might lose by 10 or 20 runs or 2 wickets. I think the win of the century will be on 20th April when BD will win the tri-series.

You can continue with youe dreams, no one will charge anything. Good Luck for your dreams. Hope it come true and also hope we win the tri-series.

Nasif
March 26, 2003, 09:58 AM
James:
BD IND PAK triangular series happend during 1998 Independence Cup in Dhaka.

Independence Cup (http://www-usa.cricket.org/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1997-98/OD_TOURNEYS/SJIC/)

[Edited on 26-3-2003 by nasif]