PDA

View Full Version : Another Idea: For match threads, add brief score summary at head of every post and reply (!)

jabbar
June 24, 2005, 03:27 AM
This would be very cool, if it is implementable. Why not add a service to the posting/replying feature of the forum specifically for match threads (determined by the moderators).

Whenever a post or a reply is made, the service will add a one line summary of the score at the time of the post:

Example:

-----------
Reply:
Member: jabbar

Score summary: 3rd Inns- Ashraful 150* Mortaza 20* BD 400/6

Whoa!! Ashraful is doing so well. He just spanked a six over McGrath's head!!!!!
-----------

This would then put in context (automatically) the forum member's comments, to the current score. You would have to make a service, or agent, that extracts the score from the appropriate source (wouldn't be too hard, but bandidth issues?)

I think this would be an awesome idea, and perhaps a world first. We would be the envy of all other sport fan sites! :up:

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 8:28 AM GMT, by jabbar.

theTiger
June 24, 2005, 03:30 AM
i hve no idea wut ur talkin bout lolz sorry!

jabbar
June 24, 2005, 03:37 AM
Turn your brain on.

Don't worry, I'm hoping the moderators and webmasters will understand what I'm talking about. Please ask me again if you're still lost.

Sami
June 25, 2005, 06:37 PM
Will have to look into XMB hacks for doing this. An intriguing idea to say the least. Thanks. Will be looking into.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 11:37 PM GMT, by Sami.

Mahmood
June 25, 2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jabbar
This would be very cool, if it is implementable. Why not add a service to the posting/replying feature of the forum specifically for match threads (determined by the moderators).

Whenever a post or a reply is made, the service will add a one line summary of the score at the time of the post:

Example:

-----------
Reply:
Member: jabbar

Score summary: 3rd Inns- Ashraful 150* Mortaza 20* BD 400/6

Whoa!! Ashraful is doing so well. He just spanked a six over McGrath's head!!!!!
-----------

This would then put in context (automatically) the forum member's comments, to the current score. You would have to make a service, or agent, that extracts the score from the appropriate source (wouldn't be too hard, but bandidth issues?)

I think this would be an awesome idea, and perhaps a world first. We would be the envy of all other sport fan sites! :up:

Edited on, June 24, 2005, 8:28 AM GMT, by jabbar.

We will have to have a script that will keep reloading the cricinfo score page to get the latest score. This is considered as a server attack and totally illegal.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 11:52 PM GMT, by Mahmood.

Sami
June 25, 2005, 07:20 PM
:sorry:

my bad... Guess we wont be looking into this idea afterall.