PDA

View Full Version : state of hockey in bangladesh

sajid
June 29, 2005, 10:00 PM
I left bangladesh in 96. I remember that we used to have big time tournaments every year. Uusha (spelling) and mariners were the top teams. A nice change from the usual abahoni mohammedan crap. Lately I've lost touch with hockey. I read prothom alo and other bangla newspapers regularly through internet and they almost never mention hockey anymore. I played regularly in my mohallah and besides cricket, hockey was my 2nd favorite sport. Bangladesh was never a powerhouse when it came to this sport but it is so damn disheartening to see them to lose so badly in intl competition. My question is, what can be done to revive this sport in bangladesh.

Locutus
June 29, 2005, 10:17 PM
Well..... Field is hockey is not a populer sports in Bangladesh. May be the country needs to spend more money on it and get more trounaments.

r56hg
July 17, 2005, 08:53 PM
even we don't have football or cricket field in our country, how could we play hockey where we need a better field for this game.

be_friend_13
July 19, 2005, 05:58 AM
india is the only hockey team in the sub cont that has more than 12 consecutive gold medals in hockey!!
it is also the national game of our country but no 1 follows! lol

Tintin
July 19, 2005, 06:17 AM
>> india is the only hockey team in the sub cont that has more than 12 consecutive gold medals in hockey!!

Where do you get such numbers from ?

desi_pride
July 19, 2005, 09:31 PM
Edited on, July 22, 2005, 11:15 PM GMT, by desi_pride.

be_friend_13
August 10, 2005, 03:13 AM
oh thas true bout india!!
search it out on google! though at this point of time due to bad squad india has slipped to 5 position in the rankings of hockey!!

but lemme rem dat hockey is india's national sport den 2 poor playas suffer for gud endorsements!!
cricket is a barrier between hockey n citizen of india!
thas sad

Tigers_eye
August 16, 2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by be_friend_13
india is the only hockey team in the sub cont that has more than 12 consecutive gold medals in hockey!!

What Gold??? World, olympic ??? If India has 12, Pakis have few I can't find enough tournaments for Aus, England and Germany to share any gold.

Are these coming from a indian gold mine???