PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough!

Zobair
April 2, 2003, 02:00 PM
This "war of the posts" is getting really annoying...in the beginning I used to find the naive comments and childish reactions of a certain new member(s) sort of refreshing...certainly had a good laugh or two at their expense....but now (you know who you are) stop it! call me snobbish...but this board does aspire to some class i.e. some good educated discussion mostly on cricketing issues...not hankering over who posts what and no personal attacks ...so please stop and also leave James out of it.

Tehsin bhai where are you?! HELP!!!!!

On a cricketing note: Independent reports that even Saurav Ganguli might not show in Dhaka. What say Rajputro bhai? :cool:

Ehsan
April 2, 2003, 04:14 PM
The Indian newspapers say Saurav might not participate in Bd tour. But I think these Indians won't take that big risk as SA is also in this series. I think Sourav will play after all his nakhra.

Sham
April 2, 2003, 04:22 PM
I totally agree. The people who started this farce are now attacking others. Kotha ache na - 'chorer mon pulish pulish.'

Pompous is right, this board does aspire to some class, and till not too long ago, we did maintain a degree of class. Even when people disagreed, and sometimes the debates were quite heated, we never resorted to personal attacks or engage in this sort of useless bickering. We disagreed, debated, and then moved on as friends. That sort of thing seems to be a thing of the past nowadays.

Ehsan
April 2, 2003, 04:30 PM
I know I'm not the administrator but still I would like to request people that just forget debates, personal attack and every useless things for maintaing the peace in this board. I know I had debates before too but I cutted it. Just focus on cricket and don't go off-Topic plzz.

I know this board is very hot now but I don't mind as long as the posts make sense.

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by ehsan]

Tehsin
April 3, 2003, 12:16 AM
Sham and Pompous ... sorry that I have been away. It's all timing. I'm having to cut down on my online activity (even checking emails) to about 1 hour or maybe 2 every day or every other day. With the number of useless posts, it's hard to cover all those. My apologies. Besides, I figured I was clear about the issue but some folks just do not comprehend.

Sham, When did you become an administrator ? Khek.

Ehsan - point taken. However, sometimes it's good to read your own posts bhaiya. Sorry about the password, no hard feelings.

ehsan2k
April 3, 2003, 01:04 AM
Tehsin bhai its ok don't get me my password back and I would never get back to this board.

Sorry I registered another name just to clearify something that Sham and pompheus none of them were talking about me and I was the one who was trying to settle the post fight which again started between two ppl. Won't like to mention their names.

I never said anyone to do anything I have rquested but not only to Sham and pompheus but to everyone.

And I wasn't even making useless posts from a long time after I got settled with Shahid. But wanna thank you Tehsin bhai for giving me this great respect and letting me know how Bdis really care for their own ppl. You made me realize not to come to this board again and not to even think of BD cricket. Well thanks a lot tehsin bhai for teaching me dat great lesson which I would never forget. And I would aslo like to thank you for calling me 'bhaiya' I love that attitude.

To everyone my last Salam and anyhow ppl if I misbehaved ( not intentionally, unless I was chalenged or forced) with you and killed your important time ...I appologize.

KhudaHafiz

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by ehsan2k]

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by ehsan2k]

DOORBIN
April 3, 2003, 03:22 AM
Ehsan,

Please don't learn to become too emotional in life. That way you will only harm yourself.

Come back to the board. Let's discuss more cricket and have fun. If someone tells you something that doesn't mean too much. Interpret information, don't misinterpret. Tehsin Bhai is quite a nice person.

There will be many people and not everyone will make you happy. You will only be happy if you know how to manage life. Life is like that. Sweet and sour.....

Oh yeah
Just like Bangladesh beating Australia

TAKE IT EASY. If not as Ehsan, write some posts as Ehsan2K. Please don't get lost.

James90
April 3, 2003, 03:30 AM
Ok i missed a whole lot then

Tehsin
April 3, 2003, 11:36 PM
Not LEAVE. If I felt like removing you from the board, I would have done it 2/3 weeks ago. I just gave you the time to settle in and learn. Unfortunately for you, you have missed the actual interaction between the members of the board.

When you are new to someplace, it's sometimes wiser to look around and see how everything runs, how everyone behaves. Unfortunately, you jumped in with all guns blazing and along with Shahid started a war of words - which should have been stopped in the first week. My apology for not acting on my instincts - I take the whole blame for not having this talk to you within the first two weeks.

BDs really care for their own people, everytime an older member was insulted, it hurt me. I am surprised that you MISSED all my posts on what not to do. In fact, my request to you was to wait 2/3 days and you coudn't even comply with that. Not the first time either, you have repeatedly failed to LISTEN to reason.

Anyways, you are still naive, your good intentions are getting thrown out by some rash comments. If you read my post to you only 3 days ago, you will notice that I have asked you to approach ME if something bothered you and we will deal with it, instead, you completely ignored it, didn't you ? Did you even read my post ?

While I symphatize with you - I have not seen much effort from you to even consider my suggestions.

Now, instead of taking my advice, you come back with an emotional outburst (which, i had anticipated --- guess why I asked you not to log in with another nick). I wanted to be proven wrong. I expected you to for ONCE listen and understand what I said instead you MISSED THE WHOLE POINT.

Do log in with Ehsan2k and tell me that I am wrong. That, you did listen to me and stayed way, that you did listen to me and came to me with issues or you did not manage to have a situation with atleast 10 other members.

I have only had 3/4 problem childs (ie members) in the past 3/4 years. The one thing that differentiates you from them is that they were simply junkies. You have a good heart, you just need to control your emotion a little bit. (Now, you are making me sound like a cranky old republican).

ehsan2k
April 4, 2003, 07:48 PM
First of all thank you to Doorbin bhai and Tehsin bhai for understanding me and giving me some very important advices.

Tehsin bhai all the time I tried to listen to your advices but dunno something went wrong everytime I tried.

See you guys are like my elder brothers...you ppl can always correct my mistakes and can always appreciate me when I do something good. I never mind that rather I love dat attitude when some one tries to show aponota. Although I'm brought up in Canada I have always respected my elders, do and will continue to do and rather I would say that true Canadians respect elders more than Bds. But when ppl start to use bad words they lose their honors and respect from my site.

Tehsin bhai and Doorbin bhai you ppl made me realize that Bds do care for their own ppl and hope will always care.

I would get back to this board as soon as I'm returned my password back as this is my temporary account and Tehsin bhai don't ask me to use this account plzz I want the old account.

[Edited on 5-4-2003 by ehsan2k]

DOORBIN
April 5, 2003, 03:24 AM
Old account is gold account
Because there are many posts
As far as I can remember
Old account will help me become
A banglacricket VIP member
That will probably be in September
Maximum November or December!!!

Mahmood
April 5, 2003, 03:28 AM
And when you become VIP member
You get the cash, the pass
And the brand new car.

samia
April 5, 2003, 07:22 AM
And yet people forget ,
not all that glitters is gold.
To make you better informed about cricket
is the actual motive of this board.

Arnab
April 5, 2003, 10:03 AM
Kobyalder ashor boshe geche dekhi. Tao abar firingi kobyal. :)

rafiq
April 5, 2003, 11:24 AM
Do people really have nothing better to do?

Does anyone with Dish in US know if the Indi channels like SET are showing their beloved team in Dhaka?

Tehsin
April 6, 2003, 01:34 AM
Check U2U. :)

Mahmood
April 6, 2003, 01:47 AM
Check yours too.

Ehsan
April 6, 2003, 02:10 AM
Thankx tehsin bhai and everyone.

I won't be in this board much after August as I will be starting my university life in September which is very hard everywhere but as I have heard in Canada it is much harder than anywhere else.

School is nothing compared to university. Schools are not very hard here but universities are really hard.

I'm finishing my last year of School in this June. So, please everyone pray for my good marks. :)

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by ehsan]

Tehsin
April 6, 2003, 03:19 AM
You'll have plenty of time to stay active on the board.
Good luck in getting those grades.

Sham
April 6, 2003, 03:55 AM
Good luck dude. Study hard!

Zobair
April 6, 2003, 11:56 AM
what university are planning on going to? I go to McGill U in Montreal. If you make it up here, we can meet up...though I guess I am somewhat of an oldie compared to you :) I will be finishing in a year's time! But then I might stick around for grad studies...who knows!
Anyways good luck with your studies....

Ehsan
April 6, 2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone for encouraging me with my studies.

Well pompheus bhai, it would have been nice if I could have come to McGill University but unfortunately my parents won't allow me to leave Ontario. So, basically I'm looking forward to U of T, Waterloo, York and Ryerson.

I have also applied to McMaster, OUIT and Guelph.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by ehsan]

DOORBIN
April 7, 2003, 06:16 AM
I think the best university in Canada overall is McGill. Or is it McMaster? It could even be Univ of Toronto.....?

My knowledge may be out of date.

Zobair
April 7, 2003, 09:34 AM
Doorbin bhai... McGill is still the most prestigious university in Canada...but I have realised...all the pride about attending the best goes down the drain when you struggle to survive the intensely competitive atmosphere here...and of course the tyrant professors... sigh...sometimes I wish I attended a more friendly liberal Arts college :)

Ehsan
April 7, 2003, 03:15 PM
According to a recent Magazine (don't remember the name) the ratings of Uni are as follows:

1) Guelph
2) Waterloo
3) Uni of Toronto (U of T)

This is an overall rating but there are different ratings according to the subject you take. This rating is suggested to be genuine. I don't exactly remember the above rating is for Ontario or for Canada.

In Canada I would say all the universities are more or less the same.

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by ehsan]

DOORBIN
April 7, 2003, 05:49 PM
Guelph and Waterloo may have earned a reputation in recent years, or they may be the best for specific subjects.

The name of McGill has been famous for years, similar to Harvard, Stanford and MIT in the USA.

Zobair
April 7, 2003, 08:20 PM
this debate is redundant and pointless...whatever university you go to do your best!!!... I have long stopped caring about who and what is the best...but believe me... McGill is still the best uni in Canada by far...no other university comes even close...except for may be U of T...in terms of its reputation, prestige, faculty and research. But I must admit that it is not a very friendly university when it comes to undergraduates. There is very little support for newbies. its a dog-eat-dog world. Bunch of serious nerds...except for may be Management (isn't that true for every other school too ;)

Banglatiger84
April 7, 2003, 09:08 PM
Its somewhat inaccurate to make a statement like mcgill is the best by far ,

Mcgill, U of T, and Waterloo are all the best in some field or the other. For CS, waterloo is best, for engineering mcgill or UT

However the difference in actual standard between the top 3 or 4 is inconsequential. And as for magazine ratings , they change every year showing that being no. 1 in a given year doesnt mean that its the "best"

Tehsin
April 7, 2003, 10:33 PM
Do you notice a little bit difference in the attitude on the board ? You treat others the way you want to be treated and voila - it's a good place to be.

By the way, us Bangalis still ike to be respected based on age so keep that in mind when meetig new folks. :)

Keep up the good work guy.

Ehsan
April 7, 2003, 10:52 PM
I agree with both of you pompheus bhai and Banglatiger bhai. Your points are right. As I was suggested by one of my teacher that in Canada most of the Unviversities are the same and advised not to worry about what is the best.

Tehsin bhai I got your point too but if you remember something that I never started anything unless ppl started. I have respected my elders throughout my life and will do so in the future. Anyways thanks for your kind advice.

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by ehsan]

DOORBIN
April 8, 2003, 04:58 AM
One reason I love this website (or board, as some people call it) is because I am interacting with educated and intelligent people. And these people are scattered around the world. These people have seen what I have seen... I mean, we have the same background....

I guess you all know what I mean ?

shahid
April 8, 2003, 05:04 AM
DOORBIN, i understand, i have seen BDi people from Bangladesh, USA, Canada, UAE, Austria, India, Australia, England and maybe 1 or 2 more countries in this board.

Ehsan
April 8, 2003, 07:22 PM
I agree with you Doorbin bhai. This board is a source of knowledge not only for cricket but for everything.

Lookt at all the suggestions, analysis, news and in-depth coverage of some few stuffs we get from this Board. Once again thanks to Tehsin bhai.