PDA

View Full Version : Holiday report

fwullah
April 3, 2003, 11:06 PM
Holiday says that Khaled Mahmud should have given captancy after Aminul Islam was sacked. It added that Khaled Mahmud was playing at his best at the time and now he is weakened because of his age at present, so he might not be as competitive with the present youngsters in the team now and eventually will be a burden in the team as a player.

It also said that Javed Omar has been always getting the chance to play on batting tracks of home conditions and when he is needed the most like in World Cup 1999 and in World Cup 2003, he is not included in the team. Instead when he is playing on the good batting tracks, his limitation to quick scoring has and this time too will be troublesome to the team.

And Mehrab Hossain, like any gifted talented player is very indisciplined, if he can overcome it, he can be good.

The Holiday Internet Edition is not yet updated with today's paper. May be later they will update it. The address is,

www.weeklyholiday.net

Mahmood
April 3, 2003, 11:13 PM
If I remember correctly, right before the test status, we played the Asia cup where Sujon sucked so bad, he was dropped.

So when Bulbul was relieved and Durjoy was made Captain, Sujon was out of form and not in the team. Thus he wasn't an option.

Sham
April 4, 2003, 01:05 AM
Who wrote that Holiday article? Almer?

fwullah
April 4, 2003, 04:09 AM
No - I have been reading Holiday for a few years now, and I think that Almer writes heavy political staffs now, another guy writes on the sports page of Holiday.

Sham
April 4, 2003, 03:12 PM
Yeah, Almer usually does a front page political piece but he is also in charge of the sports page.