PDA

View Full Version : Why does Bangladesh have test status ?

hahaha
April 4, 2003, 06:54 AM
Can anybody tell me why does Bangladesh have test status even when they are comfortably beaten even by 3rd placed ICC associate teams like Canada and also with the fact that even teams like Kenya have beaten 2 strong test-playing nations in this world cup without even having test status ?

Bangladesh's test status is a big JOKE for cricket and it is not good for the progress of cricket at all. It has reduced the charm and passion of test cricket greatly.

Bangladesh are yet to win a test match despite having played 17 test matches. They havent won any ODI since their sensational win against Pakistan 4 years ago in the 1999 world cup.

Mahmood
April 4, 2003, 09:58 AM
I will give you only 2 points. That should be enough.

1. 140 million cricket fans. And they just love the game. In time with proper cricket exposer, this nation will produce one of the most dominant cricket force. ICC looked at this strength. Look at WI, Zimbabue. Cricket is losing more and more fans. Even Kenya dont have much cricket fans. With in 2 generations they will probably go to Canada Level. Bangladesh in contrary, has a very bright future. Cricket is growing, everyday.

2. When Srilanka or Zimababue got test status, not all voted in favor. But for Bangladesh, it was voted anonymously. May be you failed to realize the potential and the future in this investment. But every ICC member did see it. Thus BD got the test status.

Let me as you this... If America get 4 immigrant all of a sudden, Shachin, Ponting, Murali and Mcgrath and starts to beat any test team, will you give them test status? Even though no one plays or likes the match in USA and once these 4 retires, the team will lose to UAE/Nepal regularly. Do you understand the difference between a team beating test nations and deserving test status? In Kenya, only 3-4 family plays cricket. Not even 10 cricket teams and only one League. Bangladesh has million fans, thousand cricketers and thousands of clubs. Do the math.

This years performence of BD is disappointing. However, there were many bad reasons for it. Specially, selection was really bad and there were bad management in the team. Just look at how Good Namibia did, and BD just beat them 4-1 pre WC.

Hopefully my long reply will wise you up and you will finally understand what test status roots for, and may be turn into a BD cricket fan like others did (i.e James - aussie, WIFAN - west indian).

Welcome to the board.

fwullah
April 4, 2003, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the board.

Because simply put, there is nobody else.

Sham
April 4, 2003, 04:35 PM
Its pretty obvious from his chosen screen name that HAHAHA is here to do nothing but mock our team. We've had the likes of him before, and I can bet money he is Indian as well. Anyway, just want to put him on notice. If you have anything to contribute to this board, you are more than welcome. If not, your days are numbered!

Nasif
April 5, 2003, 02:49 AM
Rajputro bhai your long reply will fall on deaf ears. Mr. Hahaha isn't here to understand anything. His mission was to throw some salt at us "kata ghaaye lobon chhitano".

<font color=red size 3>Bangladesh has test status becuase Bangladesh deservs it. Thats it. Bottom line. No more discussion needed. </font>

[Edited on 5-4-2003 by nasif]

shahid
April 5, 2003, 02:57 AM
Hahaha bhai,

Bangladesh has 140 million fans whereas Kenya has just 6000 whereas around more than double of the total Kenyan fans can be found in a stadium as BDi fans when a BDi match is going on.

We have had lots of people like you on this board and i am sure that you are an Indian or a Pakistani.

Some facts about Kenya:

I can agree that Kenya has some world class players, but once Tikolo and Odumbe retire, even Nepal can beat Kenya easily.

James90
April 5, 2003, 04:21 PM
Wow that post looks a lot like the one posted after we lost to Canada

shahid
April 7, 2003, 11:19 AM
James90,

Do you think that "amit" and "hahaha" are the same guy ? They both had similar posts to start with.

amit
April 9, 2003, 08:11 AM
I am not this "hahaha" guy. I don't know him. Maybe some other Indian came to this board as "hahaha" and posted it.