PDA

View Full Version : The cracks are showing

samia
April 7, 2003, 12:43 PM
so what happened to kenya after their 'spectacular' performance in the wc? they lost all the matches in the sharjah cup so far and that too, with a big margin...

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by samia]

Sham
April 7, 2003, 05:06 PM
This was bound to happen sooner or later. That doesn't matter though. What we need to do is play well ourselves and not bother about Kenya. As far as the world is concerned, Kenya is better than us and they are. The only way we can change that is by beating Kenya and other top teams regularly.

DOORBIN
April 7, 2003, 06:02 PM
I am not really sure about that.

With Javed Omar, Mehrab Hossain and Akram Khan in the team, I guess we have a stronger team.

As a matter of fact, I guess we have a good chance against this Indian team without Tendulkar and all. One win against India is reasonable in our home ground.

Of course, one of my weaknesses (or strengths) is that I am a bit too optimistic.
But overall, this has always gone in my favour!!!

shahid
April 8, 2003, 12:58 AM
Doorbin,

I like your optimism. Kenya are as good as Zimbabwe and everyone knows it. It was just that they couldnt keep on the pressure and made 1/2 misfields under pressure in the match against Zimbabwe. It was a close match. Kenya crushed Zimbabwe in the WC match.

Just wait for a year and we can show that BD is better than Kenya and Zimbabwe.

Even i am optimistic too. I say that BD would beat SA 2-0 in tests and win the tri-series as well !!!

fwullah
April 8, 2003, 01:16 AM
Excuse me, but I think that Kenya misfielded at the crucial stage is because they had some YOUNGSTERS in the side - who are nervous playing a BIG match (BIG match = a potential winning situation). In that match, it was Jimmy Kamande who were at faulters.

In addition, before the world cup, there was no expectation for Kenya against Zimbabwe, after the world cup, there was expectation for Kenya to win against Zimbabwe - and that made the difference in this Sharjah cup.

Tehsin
April 8, 2003, 05:08 PM
I am sorry - just because Kenya was on their lucky streak and beat Zimbabwe (convincingly though) in the World Cup, does not mean they are better then Zimbabwe. One off things don;t make it a rule. Just lie if we beat Kenya once, it won't prove that we are better then them. We have to beat them in a series or so to get that satisfaction.

Like Sham - i say, forget Kenya. WE have to win our matches, we have to play our games and that's how we have to change the worl's view about our cricket.

Ehsan
April 8, 2003, 06:54 PM
I insist that our team will really get into a good form just after 3-4 years. Look at the number of clubs we have, the competition among our players, brilliant youngsters and the last but not the least the cricket fans like us. :)

We will get far ahead of Zimbabwe and Kenya in the next 3-4 years but still I would say we are better than Kenay at least, just don't compare our current form but we are better than them. :cool:

We just need sometime to show up, for the kenyans it was there third world cup so obviously they were suppose to do better. Just watch when our third world cup comes.

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by ehsan]

shahid
April 9, 2003, 12:30 AM
ehsan, kenya are better than zimbabwe at present and way better than us as well. after 1 year, we would definitely be better than these 2.

Ehsan
April 9, 2003, 07:51 PM
Kenya is no way >>> a way better than us. If they were we wouldn't have lost them in a some what close match. We lost to them by 32 runs which is not a big deal. We would have win that easily but its just our current batting which is unfortunately not in form. Our current batting really sucks.

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by ehsan]