PDA

View Full Version : What's your fetish in cricket

Arnab
April 8, 2003, 01:51 PM
I am a sucker for

-- 4-pronged blistering pace attacks a la early windies, pakis, etc.

-- flashy and genius batting that lights up the stadium and forever burns in your memory, a la Brian Lara, Dean Jones, etc.

-- flashy, brave, blithe and non-chalantly lithe fielding by the like of Rhodes, Gibbs and Ponting.

How about you?

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by Arnab]

Zobair
April 8, 2003, 01:57 PM
dude! we think remarkably alike....hahahaa....
The rattle of timber...when a fast bowler strikes..stumps all over the place...or even a well-directed bouncer...I live for those...ooooooooh yeah.....
and lara on song :) sweet bliss!!!! :cool:

Arnab
April 8, 2003, 08:36 PM
Hehe...looks like I have to explain the meaning of "fetish" to these kiddies.

Nope. I won't.

Sham
April 8, 2003, 09:08 PM
Adding to what Arnab wrote, I live for close Test Match finishes. Situations where there are like 20 runs to get and two wickets remaining. I enjoy close ODI finishes as well, but there is hardly as much at stake because there are just so many ODIs played these days. Also, ODIs are over in a day. But when five days of drama culminates in that sort of a hair-raising finish, there are few things better.

Piranha
April 8, 2003, 09:23 PM
Here are my favourites:

1)I love swing. I live to see fast inswinging yorkers.

2) The wild, ripping, drifting, leg-spin of Shane Warne

3) The golden moment of a fast bowler bowling a bouncer after being hit for a four in the previous delivery.

4) Reflex catches at short-square leg.

Arnab's and Sham's choices are good too.

Tehsin
April 8, 2003, 10:04 PM
- Bouncers - lot's of them
- In swingers that blow the middle stump away
- Warne/Murali's turn

More later - my internet access just got violated ...... hate this ....

Banglatiger84
April 8, 2003, 10:10 PM
inswingers that rip the stumps of the ground

wasim akrams ball to lewis in 1992 final wsa a gem too

Arnab
April 8, 2003, 10:20 PM
I need to add one more:

-- Tony Greig's commnetary. Cricket would be an utterly lifeless game on TV without Tony Greig. Honorable mention for radio commentary: Choudhury Jafrullah Sharafat. :D

Orpheus
April 9, 2003, 05:22 PM
When Ashraful pulls down his pant and messages his buttox in front of the whole world
When Alok Kapali falls after a collison with Vaas? with his bat wrapped all over the wrong places.
continued....... and when he gets up and then dives to safety zone with a timid smile on his face and then actually covering his face out of embarrassment ... and all the sweat are dripping down his face!! - Damn it I live for these moments!
when Tapash vigorously wipes the ball on the cloth attached to his pant and you wonder whether he is trying to make the ball shiny or make his pant shiny.
///by the way, what do you call that cloth?
....Finally 99 WC - After the victory against pakistan - the ways our players were hugging Gordon. (and I mean hugGING literally - I think we should ban the word hugging cuz it makes no sense. Once you hug, you hug - how can you be hugging - it's like multiple hugs... like one hug isn't disgusting enough!!)

=============================
Seriously, I hate cricket!!! I am dead serious. I think this is one of the most boring sports on planet. But when Bangladesh plays - it gets irresistible. So basically I like Bangladesh Cricket and thus - anytime when a BD batsman hit 6, 4, 2, and a does a BLOCK - the feeling is awesome, mixtures of pride - hope - joy etc are blended together.

THe only time I don't feel anything is when 1 is taken. That's just pathetic!!!

OUT is just .... well ... Ki ar bolbo!!!

When bowling, a wicket and a dot ball (doesn't matter how)
Fielding - saving runs! mostly with dives - not like paa diya - the way Mashrafe does it!! <--dumb A$$

The things mentioned above are good when ONLY BD does it!! :)
============================
Guys, the first part was written by Fwuallh! I must give her credit for her work. I don't want to plagiarize.
=======================
Edit: Yeah Arnab... Sharafat definitely belong there. That's the only person I heard commenting on games in BD after I actually developed the brain to understand few things!! That guy is just amazing.. Shalar foot thike golf to cricket to basketball - shob kichur commentary dite paare.. Amazing!!

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Orpheus]

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Orpheus]

Arnab
April 9, 2003, 06:18 PM
I LOVE to hug and cuddle. We should do group hugs with Orpheus.

Orpheus
April 9, 2003, 09:39 PM
R1 : That's a vivid picture there... My puke just came up to the throat and went back in!!!

==============================
R2: I LOVE to hug and cuddleAnd you were wondering why you fell off the ladder.... Now you know!! I think you got too much juice from that friendship!!
R3: I LOVE to hug and cuddle. We should do group hugs with Orpheus Arnab - no more fetish from you! End the damn list already!
R4: We should do group hugs with Orpheus. Well I think I can sacrifice myself for a group hug for my people but under certain conditions:
No lafalafi during hug like WC 99.
Either you jump up and down first then hug. Or Hug first then Jump up and down <--- this is an interesting scene. But please I repeat please NO jumping while hugging <--this is just a scene.
==========================
Those were 4 replies that went through my head - but couldn't choose which one to post! - Thus Lame Post # 279. BYE

Arnab
April 10, 2003, 02:11 AM
If I were in your situation and was deciding on which of those four comebacks I should use, the percentage of one of them happening would be:

R1: 30%
R2: 19.99%
R3: 50%
R4: 0.01% (What the hell was that?)

Orpheus
April 10, 2003, 09:08 AM
Well it added up to 100%, so I don't regret posting all of them.

As for R4, you gotta have imagination to understand it. It was not meant for everybody - just like R2.