PDA

View Full Version : 2nd practice match

bd_cricket
April 8, 2003, 02:50 PM
Does anybody know the detail about the 2nd practice match of Bangladesh team which was played under lights at BNS?

Mahmood
April 8, 2003, 04:42 PM
All I know is BD was 81/8 at one point. And Pilot did good.

Zobair
April 8, 2003, 04:54 PM
they had a target of 241...but failed to make it...according to the Independent. Sujan is worried about the top order batting. They haven't still decided about promoting pilot up the order yet. From what is available about Imran the coach...he has impressed me. He is obviously trying hard, and sounds very comitted as well. May be if we improve sufficiently under him, we should extend his contract.

Tehsin
April 8, 2003, 05:46 PM
He has been working with the national team for quiet some time now. I believe he has a very good understanding with the players. When he is not doing national duty, he coaches Abahani. Has been with them for a while also.

If memory serves me, Imran was the asst coach of the world cup 99 side among other teams and during the interim periods when we did not have a coach.

Ehsan
April 8, 2003, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know the scores of the 2nd Practice Match? If so pls post the scorecard here as we didn't get to see the scores in any newspaper.

Sharek
April 8, 2003, 09:33 PM
Chasing a target of 241 they were all out for 166 in 47.3 overs. According to Ajker Kagoj THE NEW TEAM lost 5 wickets before reaching 40.

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Sharek]

Tehsin
April 8, 2003, 10:01 PM
In case some folks are wondering - the target is a bogus number set by the coach. They are not playing against each other, they are being set a target by Sarwar Imran and while they met they mt the target in the first match thanks to Pilot, even Pilot could not save this match. I believe one of the posts suggested that the team lost 8/9 wickets by the time they 100.