PDA

View Full Version : Tri series TV coverage

rezwan
April 8, 2003, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know if the tri series will be shown on TV in the UK?

Tehsin
April 8, 2003, 05:00 PM
Nothing in UK that I know of. Check out homeviewbangladesh.com for radio.
ESPN-Star Sports and Bangladesh Television will telecast all the matches live while Bangladesh Betar will be providing ball-by-ball commentary.

Ehsan
April 8, 2003, 07:03 PM
Nice:) but the problem with the homeview is that it always gets loaded. They don't have sufficient bandwidth to keep up with the non-local BD fans. Why don't we try to mail them abt this and request them to do something abt it.

They might try to open something special bandwidth capacity or something just to support the tri-series matches and let the other things be stopped while the match is goin on.

Nasif
April 8, 2003, 09:13 PM
That has been done. A guy from homeview came here and posted their response. They try to do as much as possible.

fwullah
April 9, 2003, 09:39 PM
I heard reports a few days back that BTV will be on satellite soon. I don't know if it has been implemented, if it has, then you can probably already see BTV in UK - or you have to be patient for a while as it will happen later.

Mahmood
April 9, 2003, 09:51 PM
Actually, I was reading a report on BCB getting 1 Crore (10,000,000) Tk. from BTV for local TV right.

That means, BTV will broadcast the matches in BD while ESPN will broadcast worldwide.

Ehsan
April 9, 2003, 10:15 PM
Does any1 of you know where can I find more information on BTV going Satellite?

If BTV is really going to be on Satellite then when and would it be available in Canada?

rafiq
April 9, 2003, 11:19 PM
sorry if this was already posted elsewhere, but wisden sent an email saying they would have commentary on all the games for $3 (a game?). must be the guys sitting in front of the tv as some of you said during the WC

fwullah
April 10, 2003, 12:35 AM
Except for in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, the Maldives
and Bangladesh, willowTV will broadcast the TVS Cup matches on internet.

The 2 prices that are there are - $30 and $15.

Orpheus
April 10, 2003, 01:44 PM
This is awsome!!!

30 bucks for the whole tournament isn't bad at all!! It's actually good!!

Timing ta ektu shomoshsha... anyone knows how to record from web broadcast to view it later. (don't have tv/video card)

Nasif
April 13, 2003, 03:13 AM
During bd vs ind match homeviewbangldesh BTV webcast was showing some indian channel (some mistake on their part). I was pissed as hell. Today they are showing the "real" btv and thus we have the SA vs Ind webcast. The quality is pretty good. Considering its free :)

Hope this continues.

Runtings
April 14, 2003, 01:06 PM
For those living in UK, u can watch all the TVS Cup games on Sony TV