PDA

View Full Version : TVS CUP predictions- Bangladesh's performance!!!

Zobair
April 10, 2003, 09:34 AM
Time has come once again for some predictions. which one of the following do you think will be Bangladesh's best performance against any of the 2 teams?

shahid
April 10, 2003, 11:35 AM
Pompous, you seem to be a pesimistic guy. I do not see any option like "Win by 100 runs" or "Win by 7 wickets". I voted for "Win by 60 runs" as that's more close to these 2. Create these 2 options if possible.

Zobair
April 10, 2003, 02:03 PM
I rest my case :cool:

Sham
April 10, 2003, 04:41 PM
Shahid, you've lost it altogether man. I was laughing because there was a win by 60 runs option!! And you want more options for wins by larger margins? Hahaha. There is something to be said for youthful exuberance.

Piranha
April 11, 2003, 01:27 PM
Shahid, However youthful (and out of this world) you may be, I suggest that you keep up this practice of showing optimism. Its really sad to see a young man's optimism crushed by our BD team. I have seen it happen to too many people on this board/

fwullah
April 11, 2003, 10:01 PM
Shahid, how would you like to bat for Bangladesh? At least we would get a very confident player in our side.

shahid
April 12, 2003, 05:36 AM
fwullah, I do play cricket and take some coaching, but it is not of a high level. It's just some Club cricket level.

I still can give BD players some tips -

Try and touch every ball with the bat. Don't try to leave any delivery. See what happened to Tushar with this.

Give some guy the job of going after the bowlng in the first 15 overs to try and reach scores like 100/3 or so after 15 overs.

For bowlers, don't try and bowl too fast. Bowl straight and in a good length.

DOORBIN
April 12, 2003, 08:03 AM
It will probably be one win and that will be against SA. If not, there will be no ODI win for Bangladesh in the foreseeable future. (I am not counting wins against ICC associate members).

On 14 April 2003 we have our first match against SA. They are not used to these wickets. Our batsmen need to be confident and the spinners will have to dominate. We have another match against SA on 17 April, which is another chance, however, the first match will be a better opportunity.

Mehrab Hossain will not be excused this time. And hopefully Javed Omar will play. What about Masri.... is he in the squad?

Bangladesh needs a win really badly. We need some pride. We need to be able to breathe, at least for a few months. Beating SA will be considered a major achievement in the world cricket context. Plus this is OUR GROUND. OUR SUPPORTERS.

Is is going to happen?

I guess our chances are 55%.

shahid
April 12, 2003, 08:57 AM
Doorbin,

We would beat SA once and hopefully, we should go into the finals ahead of them. Our chances for 1 win are 95% instead of your 55%.

Ehsan
April 12, 2003, 10:11 AM
Shahid man try to be realistic. There is nothing like 95% chance for us to win against South Africa. And just forget saying "I'm realistic". I know how realistic you are.

South Africa has the ability to beat India and the team which lost to India by 199 runs won't be able to beat SA dat easily. Our chance is 55% which is very correct. Doorbin bhai is absolutely rite.

shahid
April 12, 2003, 12:02 PM
Ehsan, you are too pesimistic. We are going to beat SA twice, I think and India is atleast 20 times better than SA and we are 10 times better than SA.

SA is absolutely nothing and even Nepal can beat them easily. They just did well in non-pressure situations at home. In a pressure situation like the WC or series against Ind or Aus, they choke badly. Holland even crushed them by 9 wickets in an unofficial match.

Zobair
April 12, 2003, 12:13 PM
you might feel like I am picking on you but bro...I can't help it!!!!!

South Africa is still the second best team despite their WC debacle. Why am I saying that? Look at their consistent top performance against all sides at home and away!!! But then this is newish team and we will see how good this team is...but rest assured they are a hundred times better than us....

I would love for your predictions to be true but my natural response to your out and out and "out there" optimism in these sad times is "put a sock in it for a while"

Peace

shahid
April 12, 2003, 12:17 PM
Pompous, Even Nepal is better than SA. Their team is just a bunch of Jokes. They can't even calculate properly and even Kenya are 20 times better than them. Their fielding was poor. I never expected this bad fielding from them. India are the second best team and not SA. Even BD is 10 times better than them. Check out my newest topic ":D Holland beat SA in an unofficial match".

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by shahid]

Shubho
April 12, 2003, 12:29 PM
do you ever talk sense?
you've been talking $hit for so long.
your youthful enthusiasm is having the opposite effect on the rest of the board.
besides, i'm sure most people are thinking that you're buzzing off your tit.
what's wrong with you?
do you even follow bangladeshi cricket?
are you sure you didn't confuse the indian team for the bangladeshi team in the last match?
have you had your IQ checked?

samia
April 12, 2003, 01:37 PM
lose by 9 wickets

Orpheus
April 12, 2003, 01:37 PM
lol, I don't think he even knows what IQ is. For me, it feels good sometimes to know that there are dumber ppl than I am. But unfortunately it's getting annoying! (I am sure it's not only me).
I decided to stay away from topic by him or his peers but unfortunately, he (they) is in all of them! - and not enough replies from ppl like Sham, Shubho, Tehsin, pundit, handle, arnab, Raj, Rafiq and all the other oldies that use to make this board worth while....

I mean this is not the first time. How can a 18 years old and an university college student not have some sense of pride and respect for himself!!! I mean you are not a child anymore!!!
I write a lot of stupid stuff but if someone told me that "you make no sense" - I would actually TRY TO THINK why it makes no sense!!!

I wouldnt be surprised if I get a reply "I know what IQ is and I am a proud man for knowing it, I think a lot too. By thinking I say Bangladesh is better than SA" instead of a reply with statistics and reasoning which will actually make us think why he is claiming BD is better eventhough he just lost all his reasoning by the topic.

RESPECTED members please do tell me if I am getting annoying! - I will just stop.

Banglatiger84
April 12, 2003, 01:38 PM
Shahid,

I am sorry to say but your comments of late is lowering the standard of this discussion board.

saying "we can beat sa easily" may be over optimistic but still has a positive effect on the board.

However when u start posting amitesque posts like

"Nepal is better than SA"

"even Kenya are 20 times better than them"

all they do is make our board resemble a trash msn forum rather than a place where intelligent discussion takes place.

what attracted me to this board initially was the standard of discussion here.

Most posters seemed to respond intelligently in contrast to some forums where the topics may go like ..

INDIA WILL CRUSH PAKIS!!!

PAKISTAN WILL MAKE GANGULY CRY!!!

its bad enuf with amit who claims india can easily trash teams scoring 500, so plz shahid stop saying **** like nepal is better than sa and kenya is 20 times better than sa

Banglatiger84
April 12, 2003, 01:40 PM
on a different note shahid

i dont think india is better than sa.

India were the luckiest team in the tournament along with kenya, they won almost all major tosses allowing them to win. also

s africa went out due to ONE RUN.

Just one run wud mean they went to super 6 with 10 points and effectively go to final match

Ehsan
April 12, 2003, 05:11 PM
Ya Shahid stop day-dreaming and lets be logical. (Peace) :)

But isn't too much, all the ppl against Shahid?

Shahid a tip from me:
When you go to some place where people are different than you... you don't try to or can't change the people. You'll have to change yourself.

You are optimistic so am I and there is nothing bad to be optimisti,c but the thing is to be logical and to make sense. When Amit said they can beat us by 500 runs and you said Kenya is 20 times better than SA.... it makes no difference between you and Amit. I know you are way better than Amit, now just make everyone feel that.

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by ehsan]

James90
April 12, 2003, 06:20 PM
Touch, Touch everyball

That's their whole problem going for ones that have to be left alone.....trying to touch the ball is their main problem

I think they will have 1 good match later on in the tournament where they might come within 40 runs of victory so i voted likewise

shahid
April 13, 2003, 08:31 AM
I apologise if I hurt you guys or said anything $hit or rubbish. It won't happen again. I apologise again.

It was not my fault but you guys were turning too pesimistic. I saw that most of the votes were for "Lose by 9 wickets". I don't know why.

Think this fact that how our cricket is going to develop with this pesimistic support. We seriously need some optimistic support.

See what Ind and Pak are doing with optimistic support. Ind became runners-up and Pak won the sharjah cup. Except for the WC 1999 and the Asia Cup 2000, I never saw optimistic support for BD. With optimistic support, we beat Pak in 1999 WC and nearly beat Ind in 2000 AC. This pesimistic support is going to take us nowhere.

GET OPTIMISTIC GUYS.

Even I am getting a bit realistic but I can't help it. I find no one oprimistic except me and Doorbin in this board. All my Indian friends are like Amit, they all say Ind would beat Aus 3-0 this year. Even my BDi friends out here are a bit optimistic to say that BD would beat SA 2-0 in tests and win this tri-series.

WE NEED OPTIMISTIC SUPPORT TO DEVELOP OUR CRICKET

I respect these boards and won't post things like "Nepal are better than SA" or things like that. I again apologise for it. To be real, SA are 5th best behind Aus, Ind, SL and NZ. Ind are the 2nd best as you can see in the tri-series. (You might talk of indian influence here :D but Ind are 2nd best) Aus are far better than Ind, still.

shahid
April 13, 2003, 08:39 AM
what's wrong with you?
do you even follow bangladeshi cricket?

I am a BDi and follow Bangladesh cricket.

My IQ's average and IQ means Intelligence Quotient.

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by shahid]

Sham
April 13, 2003, 02:45 PM
Shahid, you have not "hurt" anybody's feelings. But you have an amazing knack for pissing people off with your stupid, unrealistic statements and predictions. If you want to be taken seriously, you have to talk sense. Saying that Nepal is better than South Africa is just going to make you look like a fool, which is what EVERYONE on this board takes you to be right now.

Also, why don't you try to learn a little bit from this board instead of offering your tips. Touch every ball with the bat?? Dude, have you really been following Bangladeshi cricket? Fishing outside the off-stump is our biggest problem! And you want us to do more? Jeez.

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by Sham]

Banglatiger84
April 13, 2003, 07:15 PM
i sumtimes get the feeling that desis r much more optimistic than others.

and i dont think india and pakistan were evr benefitted by their fans claiming they will destroy everyone.

In fact if u see when india and pakistan won wc, both times tehir fans were expecting them to lose.

On the contrary in 1987 and 1996 when both were sure they would win the wc they got knocked out in the semis or quarters.

fwullah
April 13, 2003, 10:38 PM
"I still can give BD players some tips -

Tip Number 1: Try and touch every ball with the bat. Don't try to leave any delivery. See what happened to Tushar with this.

Tip Number 2: Give some guy the job of going after the bowlng in the first 15 overs to try and reach scores like 100/3 or so after 15 overs.

Tip Number 3: For bowlers, don't try and bowl too fast. Bowl straight and in a good length. "

Shahid, I know that you have apologized and that others have said the same things too, but here are some things that I had to learn the hard way - I hope like you will someday -

Tip Number 1: Correction should be Try and touch every ball with the MIDDLE OF THE BAT. And about leaving balls, the top and middle order batsman should try it more often, but not like after being Ondho (Blind) like Tushar Imran did. Like someone in this board said that it was a predetermined shot, rather than anything else.

Tip Number 2: Most of our players try to do that - that is, go for their shots in the first 15 overs. Like if you had read the papers after this TVS cup started, you might have read in papers that it was instructed on Ashraful to go for his shots and others were supposed to just stay at the crease. And look what happened - Bangladesh was all out for 76 against India. The thing is that Ashraful was instructed to play shots, but he was not instructed to "Build partnerships" or to try re-building the innings, after Mehrab Hossain was out in the 1st over. So what does Ashraful do? He still tries to play his shots even after the loss of the other opener. At the International stage, this is not on.

Tip Number 3: Our present bowlers like Tapash and Monju doesn't try to bowl fast. But bowlers like Talha Jubair and previously Hasibul Hussain try to did that too often. And about bowling a good length, our medium pacers don't know where they are pitching the balls.

There was once a test for our pace bowlers. The test was like this - The pace bowlers had to hit a 100 Taka note on the pitch i.e., their target was not the stumps. The gift was to earn that 100 Taka. None of our pace bowlers could do that.

So you see, bowling a good length is not asy for our pace bowlers. But that was at the time when our batsman used to score fifties and our team total used to be in the 200s often. Now that is not the case.

James90
April 14, 2003, 02:54 AM
I'd prefer to see sum1 get bowled leaving the ball than fishing outside of stump

When you let it go outside of stump something's just gone wrong to break your concentration or you just misread it

If you're fishing outside off you have no willingness to remain at the crease and deserve to be dropped