PDA

View Full Version : TVS CUP

DOORBIN
April 12, 2003, 07:50 AM
I am interested to know what TVS stands for ?

Which organisation is sponsoring this tournament?

Orpheus
April 12, 2003, 08:55 AM
I don't know what TVS stands for but the second answer may help you:

The game is sponsored by TVS motor company.

Let's guess: Truck Van Service? lol

shahid
April 12, 2003, 08:59 AM
It's an Indian company making scooters and motor-cycles. :D

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by shahid]

Ehsan
April 12, 2003, 05:29 PM
I don't think TVS is an abbreviation of something. Just like G.net or E-tech ....

Arnab
April 12, 2003, 10:48 PM
T V Sundaram = TVS

DOORBIN
April 13, 2003, 02:16 AM
What is the business of TV Sundaram?

Arnab
April 13, 2003, 04:55 PM
I don't know. I basically did a search on google.

Here's what i found this time:

http://www.lucas-tvs.com/tvsgroup.html

DOORBIN
April 13, 2003, 05:56 PM
Thank you Arnab.

I have viewed the website with keen interest. It appears TVS is managed by smart and progressive people.

rafiq
April 14, 2003, 01:12 AM
How much more ineptitude can come out of one place? When ordinary morons are kings, there is no way out.

by Wisden staff
Saturday, April 12, 2003

The winning team of the TVS Cup in Dhaka will have nothing more than a trophy to show for their efforts. Mahbubul Anam, advisor of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and chairman of their cricket committee, has announced that there will be no prizemoney for the winner and the runners-up.
Talking to The Daily Star, Mahbubul stated that TVS had only agreed to sponsor the Man-of-the-Match and the Man-of-the-Series awards. ESPN-Star Sports have signed a five-year contract with the BCB worth US$11.75 million, and are the sponsors of this tournament.

Mahbubul’s announcement comes in the wake of a report in The Statesman, which stated that the BCB had no idea about the total prizemoney of the TVS Cup, or the profits that the board would make out of the tournament.

The report also pointed out the shocking ineptitude of the BCB in signing a contract which ensured that the financial benefits from the tournament would mostly go to ESPN-Star Sports. A Bangladesh board official revealed that the BCB had agreed to certain clauses in their deal which ensured that revenues from advertising hoardings would go solely to ESPN-Star.

The newspaper also reported Ali Asghar Loby, the BCB chief executive, as admitting to the fact that he had overlooked the clauses in question when signing the deal. He, however, promised to learn from this experience: “We’ll be wiser next time.”

Arnab
April 14, 2003, 01:23 AM
wow.

Mahmood
April 14, 2003, 01:37 AM
A Bangladesh board official revealed that the BCB had agreed to certain clauses in their deal which ensured that revenues from advertising hoardings would go solely to ESPN-Star.

Smells fishy. Lobi probably made a fortune off this deal.

Shubho
April 14, 2003, 04:16 AM
Get rid of this board, and bring back the elected officials.

Or, bring back Saber Hossain Chowdhury to run the board.

This is getting ridiculous. Lobi has shown his incompetence every step of the way.

"Next time I won't make the same mistake"!!! What the hell?!?!? You shouldn't be making that mistake every, you goddamn idiot. This guy's got $hit for brains.

rafiq
April 14, 2003, 07:10 AM
And this investigative committee cannot recommend his dismissal?

Why the hell not?