PDA

View Full Version : Holland beat SA in an unofficial match

shahid
April 12, 2003, 12:12 PM
I am realistic. If Holland can beat SA by 9 wickets, why can't we ???

IF HOLLAND CAN, BANGLADESH CAN.

GET REALISTIC, BANGLADESH SUPPORTERS.

WE ARE GOING TO BEAT SA EASILY

If you think I am joking, look at this scorecard. I am giving the link too.

http://www-ind4.cricket.org/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1994/RSA_IN_ENG/RSA_NL_04SEP1994.html

South Africa in England, 1994
Netherlands XI v South Africans
HCC, The Hague
4 September 1994

Result: Netherlands XI won by 9 wickets

Toss:
Umpires:

South Africans innings
AC Hudson c Clarke b Jansen 0
GFJ Liebenberg c Clarke b Jansen 3
G Kirsten b Jansen 9
*WJ Cronje b Bakker 28
PN Kirsten b Bakker 3
BM McMillan c van Noortwijk b Aponso 3?
+DJ Richardson not out 35
RP Snell c Clarke b de Leede 21
TG Shaw c Lubbers b de Leede 9
CR Matthews not out 16
Extras ?
Total (8 wickets, 40 overs) 134

DNB: PS de Villiers.

FoW: 1-0 (Hudson), 2-11 (Liebenberg), 3-32 (G Kirsten),
4-40 (PN Kirsten), 5-? (McMillan), 6-? (Cronje),
7-? (Snell), 8-98 (Shaw).

Bowling: Jansen 3-8, Baker 2-31, de Leede 2-22.

Netherlands XI innings
NE Clarke c Cronje b P Kirsten 78
PE Cantrell not out 43
RRAF Bradley not out 11
Extras 6
Total (1 wicket, 30 overs) 138

DNB: *SW Lubbers, KJJ van Noortwijk, +RH Scholte, L Leemhuis,
F Jansen, PJ Bakker, GJAF Aponso, TBM de Leede.

FoW: 1-122 (Clarke).

Piranha
April 12, 2003, 01:01 PM
Shahid, you are citing a practice match from '94....being optimistic is a good thing, but being out of touch with reality is generally not!

Orpheus
April 12, 2003, 01:46 PM
Good Shahid, you got us some scoreboards. Congrats!! But let's take a look at it closely!!

How many of the players that played in that match are on current SA team?? Besided the name Conje should ring a bell to your head if there is one. It may well be a well planned lead up to a fixed match. Anyways, I don't wanna spent time on you, I leart the hard way!!!

But - if HOlland can beat SA, yes we can. But that would an upset. You can say things like "uset of the century" ONCE!!! but not repeatedly We are 20 times better than SA. I suggest you STFU!!!!!

James90
April 12, 2003, 06:27 PM
When did South Africa get regiven test status...was it about 91 and ppl like Wessels had retired

Gibbs is a freak
Boucher's a legend
Smith's better than all them
and where's Ntini???

Hansie threw away his career with match-fixing and then to make sure he never returned he went and got himself killed
Surely you don't think we can beat South Africa

Do any of those Dutch cricketers still exist???

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by James90]

fwullah
April 13, 2003, 01:25 AM
NE CLarke - who is actually a West Indian (as far as I can remember).

There used to be a Scholte in the Holland side - I don't know if its the same Scholte guy that is in the Holland side now.

And TBM de Leede is the name that I remember (only the Surname) who played in this world cup.

And since you have brought up the name of Holland, I must mention to you that Bangladesh have never reached 300 in a 50 over match, whereas Holland has scored more than 300 runs against Namibia in the world cup match (I think our highest score against Namibia is in the 260s or in the 280s).

Also, in that match, 2 Holland players scored 2 One Day centuries in the same match, whereas we have only 1 player who have scored a One Day Century and that is Mehrab Hossain, and that is against Zimbabwe. In addition, we didn't win that match against Zimbabwe even after Mehrab scored that century.

shahid
April 13, 2003, 08:56 AM
3 players, TBM De Leede, RH Scholte and KJJ van Noortwijk played for Holland in the 2003 WC.

fwullah,

RH Scholte kept wicket for Hol in the ICC Champion trohy 2002. He is the same RH Scholte in the 2003 WC.