PDA

View Full Version : Match report: Bangladesh vs. Sri Lanka, First ODI

Arnab
August 31, 2005, 07:01 AM
Read it here:

>>Match report: Bangladesh vs. Sri Lanka, First ODI << (http://banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=337)

Edited on, September 1, 2005, 12:55 PM GMT, by Arnab.

oracle
August 31, 2005, 08:57 AM
Just woke up. I mean literally and reading it was a breeze man!
Have'nt read a more fresh match report in a while. We need more of em.

btw, about "neophyte", the other day i came across, "abecedarian". Just sounds so gay. :)

Fazal
August 31, 2005, 09:05 AM
Yes very good "Match Report". We should do it for each match.

Now about the report

<i>"The <b>speed gun erroneously showed his speed falling in the vicinity of low-70s mph, but the actual speed of his fast balls are in the mid-80s</b>, significantly faster than Tapash, who bowls at upper-70s".</i>

Just wondering, if the speed gun was faulty, then what is the basis of this comment. is it plain author's overservation or there was "tv commentery" to support this?

Arnab
August 31, 2005, 09:20 AM
It was the author's naked-eye observation. The commentators were silent about the speed of BD bowlers probably because speed didn't play a big factor anyway.

To be clearer, the speed gun seemed to work correctly from Tapash's end, but not from Rasel's end. Rasel was significantly faster than Tapash, but the speed gun readings constantly showed him to be bowling at low-70s. When Tapash was bowling it was showing high-70s, which seemed right.

Edited on, August 31, 2005, 2:24 PM GMT, by Arnab.

chinaman
August 31, 2005, 09:39 AM
Brilliant! Please keep'em coming :)

Tigers_eye
August 31, 2005, 10:50 AM
Nice work! Since I could not see the match it was more exciting for me to read it through. I counted 7 easy chances of were wasted. Wow! even 2/3 of them were capitalized SL would be all out by 220 or 230. Now waiting for the other half.

abherath
September 1, 2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
Yes very good "Match Report". We should do it for each match.

Now about the report

<i>"The <b>speed gun erroneously showed his speed falling in the vicinity of low-70s mph, but the actual speed of his fast balls are in the mid-80s</b>, significantly faster than Tapash, who bowls at upper-70s".</i>

Just wondering, if the speed gun was faulty, then what is the basis of this comment. is it plain author's overservation or there was "tv commentery" to support this?

Yes, excellent match report. A pleasure to read.

I don't think the speedgun was wrong unless they repaired or replaced it before Sri Lankans started bowling. Sri Lankans clocked what they usually do.

insideedge
September 1, 2005, 03:28 AM
If Rassel bowled in the mid 80s, then Chacha should also considered a mid 80s bowler. Both bowlers bowled at similar pace.

Edited on, September 1, 2005, 8:29 AM GMT, by insideedge.

Arnab
September 1, 2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by insideedge
If Rassel bowled in the mid 80s, then Chacha should also considered a mid 80s bowler. Both bowlers bowled at similar pace.

Edited on, September 1, 2005, 8:29 AM GMT, by insideedge.

Rasel bowled at variable paces throughout the match.

Early in the innings, he bowled pretty fast. He had two slips in place, way behind the stumps where slips usually stand for a regular pace bowler. And one edge/semi-slash off his bowling did fly to Shahriar Nafees (he dropped the catch) face-high.