PDA

View Full Version : Shourav and Zahir is out for next match

Mahmood
April 14, 2003, 04:16 PM
Apperently, Zahir is injured a little and will take rest for next match. And Shaurov decided to give us a break by sitting out the next match.

We better select the next team wisely. I hope they dont do stupid moves like dropping Golla.

All they should do is bring in Opee for Sanwar. Mojur can be brought in for Tarek.

We might get a shot this time.

Ehsan
April 14, 2003, 05:22 PM
This is like the Indian team is gining us open opportunity to win. I hope our bowler, batsmen and the management take the advantage out of it and registar a win. InshaAllah we will do it this time. :)

DOORBIN
April 14, 2003, 05:45 PM
There can't be a better opportunity than this.

The conditions are PERFECT.

James90
April 14, 2003, 09:12 PM
When is the match?

Ehsan
April 14, 2003, 09:15 PM
April 16th

shahid
April 15, 2003, 12:29 AM
Here is the scorecard-

BD 252/7 (50 ov)
Ashraful 83
Salvi 2/47

IND 227 all out
Yuvraj 48
Tapash 3/25

BD win by 25 runs.

fwullah
April 15, 2003, 07:12 AM
Shahid, what will the rest of the Bangladeshi bowlers do? And where is Mohammad Kaif? Where is the Indian captain Sehwag?

Don't forget Sehwag - who scored 60 off 60 balls (approx) against us, don't forget Mohammad Kaif who scored a 95 against South Africa and don't forget Dinesh Mongia, who scored 55 off 30 odd balls against South Africa.

I think even without Mongia, that is, with the 3 batsman (Sehwag, Yuvraj and Kaif) India can score 250 runs and that is when Bangladesh bowls and fields well.

And when Bangladesh bowls and fields well, then we will see a short of effort by our batsman.

shahid
April 15, 2003, 07:39 AM
fwullah,

This svcorecard should tell you-

BD 252/7 (50 ov)
Ashraful 83
Kapali 54
Akram 50*

Salvi 2/47
Agarkar 2/63
Harbhajan 1/30

IND 227 all out
Yuvraj 48
Kaif 34
Harbhajan 30

Tapash 3/25
Sujon 2/40
Monju 2/44

India will give a fight with Yuvi and Kaif. Harbhajan will hit some blows, but it will be too late. Sehwag will be out for 5 earlier and if Kenya could have them at 24/3, then why can't we ???

I know how much talent is in Ashraful and our score after 15 overs would be an incredible 100/3 with Ashraful on 40-something not out before Ashraful and Kapali will build a partnership. After 40 overs, BD would be 180/5. Akram will hit some blows toward the end like he did when we scored that 249 against India to take us to 252/7. If Kenya scored 265/5 against them, why can't we ???

Nasif
April 15, 2003, 07:51 AM
To beat india we need good batting and good bowling. Unfortunately we never get both right at the same time. So for us to win our bowlers have to stick to good line (just out side offstump line, and not bowling short or on the pads), and batsmen need to do better than their effort against SA. Only then we might have a chance of a win.

[Edited on 15-4-2003 by nasif]

rafiq
April 15, 2003, 10:14 AM
after one 200+ score. this bangladesh team will struggle to beat the indian U-10 team right now (that statement is not any more fantastic than some of the scorecards in this thread)

fwullah
April 15, 2003, 10:34 AM
You are forgetting the simple facts - Kenya scored those runs (I assume it was in this world cup?) on African grounds - where Kenya is favorable to those conditions and India is not.

On the other hand, when playing in Bangladesh, Bangladesh's pitches are just as favorable to Bangladeshis as is to Indians. This is the first fact.

The second fact is that Alok Kapali will never score a fifty unless he is not given the ball to bowl at all - only then can Kapali score a fifty - just like in the West Indies tour. But so far in this tournament, Kapali has bowled out 10 overs - which decreases his energy or whatever as a batsman.

Have you seen Akram Khan struggle in the first 2 matches both against India and against South Africa? May be in tomorrow's match, Akram Khan can score a fifty, but that will be off 90 odd balls - not like in 40 balls. And that would mean (considering the fact that Akram Khan has been coming to bat at number six) that nobody in the top and middle order would stay at the wicket.

fwullah
April 15, 2003, 10:46 AM
And also don't forget Kumaran - it was solely because of this poor seamer - who does not deserve to play for India at all - that Bangladesh could score 249 runs against India - and Akram Khan could punish him because of his lack of quality bowling and also may be inexperience at the depth.

Sham
April 15, 2003, 03:37 PM
Fahmida, you are taking Shahid far too seriously. Before every match, he makes this ridiculous predictions that never come true. Let him be and say what he wants to say.

Ehsan
April 15, 2003, 03:44 PM
Sham bhai we do have a chance of winning tonite.

Ehsan
April 15, 2003, 06:42 PM
Inqulab reports that Harbhajan is not likely to play too.

Click for the article (http://www.dailyinqilab.com/april16/pdf/s1.pdf)

Prothom-alo also reports that Kaif may rest for today's match. (http://www.prothom-alo.net/htmlnews/category.php?CategoryID=1&Date=2003-04-16&filename=16h10)

[Edited on 15-4-2003 by ehsan]

James90
April 15, 2003, 08:37 PM
What if the rumours are too

I don't want to loose my head like Shahid but who knows.....maybe we have a chance

fwullah
April 15, 2003, 09:42 PM
Just request Sehwag, Yuvraj and Agarkar not to play - then we have a chance. Because even these 3 players individually are capable of winning a match all by themselves against us.

shahid
April 16, 2003, 12:17 AM
Here's how today's Indian team would look like-

Gambhir
Parthiv(w)
Sehwag (c)
Abhijit Kale
Yuvi
Mongia
Bangar
Agarkar
Sarandeep
Mishra
Salvi

It's nearly a second string team!

We should win comfortably today ;)

Ehsan
April 16, 2003, 12:19 AM
Fehmida I heard you, I would request them the next time they play Bagnladesh ;)