PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs. Sri Lanka. 2nd ODI, Sep 02, 2005 - BD in SL 2005

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Dhakablues
Remember Bangladesh is the sringboard of stars...Harmison, Taufiq Umar, Pathan ( U19), Farhat etc. I wouldnt be surprise if Tharanga becomes a regular member of Srilanka team.

Yes, I notice that you are quite right.

BonBon
September 2, 2005, 01:26 AM
tharanga ke out korar ei shomoi..

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by abherath
Remember Bangladesh is the sringboard of stars...Harmison, Taufiq Umar, Pathan ( U19), Farhat etc. I wouldnt be surprise if Tharanga becomes a regular member of Srilanka team.

Yes, I notice that you are quite right.

How can you forget Graem Smith and Rudolph . Banglades made them superstars .

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:28 AM
If and when Tharanga gets 100, the floodgates will open again. He might also get out soon after 100 trying to go for massive hits. Just a prediction. Let's see how it goes.

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2005, 01:29 AM
Rafique at last got one. Now it is Rana's time to get one.

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:29 AM
Can one of you please tell me what SABAASH means ? Does it mean "Well done !" ?

Dhakablues
September 2, 2005, 01:32 AM
Man.. this feels like a test match not an ODI. Why is Srilanka batting like this? and Bangladesh bowling defensively? No wonder those only spectator kids are falling asleep

rafiq
September 2, 2005, 01:32 AM
very nice century by tharanga...well played

we need to get aftab in for a few overs....

Baundule
September 2, 2005, 01:33 AM
yes!

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2005, 01:34 AM
I think Bangladesh should have batted first today. This is a batsman's paradise.

This shows how talented our selectors are. Anyways, Good night all. Since video dekhtey parlam na, poor fielding are portey ichha goray na.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 01:34 AM
Man.. this feels like a test match not an ODI. Why is Srilanka batting like this? and Bangladesh bowling defensively? No wonder those only spectator kids are falling asleep

They are waiting for Sangakarra and Jawardene to score runs .

rafiq
September 2, 2005, 01:36 AM
manjerekar makes a good point - subcontinental players dont get enough match practise at home in the slips....because there aren't too many overs when you are in the slips.

that miss by rana was just horrible

ReckmyBack
Run rate is till over 5 an over why is that ?

istiak

They will reach within 300 with this pace so why they have to hurry they are not like our ASH:D

abu_akif
September 2, 2005, 01:37 AM
I am not a supporter of Chacha.. but Chacha could not have done any worse than Nazmul today...

I guess not.. Sometimes I feel that we are unnecessarily harsh to him..

having said that, one benefit in Nazmul's inclusion today is that he would learn more when he gets more chances to play..

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 6:40 AM GMT, by abu_akif.

Fazal
September 2, 2005, 01:38 AM
:fire::fire: Gone

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 6:39 AM GMT, by Fazal.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by abu_akif
I am not a supporter of Chacha.. but Chacha have done any worse than Nazmul today??

having said that, one benefit in Nazmul's inclusion today is that he would learn more when he gets more chances to play..

Chacha never would have any wickets though , what Nazmul had .

abu_akif
September 2, 2005, 01:39 AM
well played Tharanga..

Baundule
September 2, 2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
I think Bangladesh should have batted first today. This is a batsman's paradise.

This shows how talented our selectors are. Anyways, Good night all. Since video dekhtey parlam na, poor fielding are portey ichha goray na.

After beating Aus, the management think we are better at run chase :)

The only positive side is that the bowlers are getting match practice and the duration of the game is increasing. Not a bad thing.

abu_akif
September 2, 2005, 01:40 AM
I am not a supporter of Chacha.. but Chacha could not have done any worse than Nazmul today...

abherath
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Upul Tharanga is from a poor family. It is great to see him shine like this. His parents back in his village must be happy.

They were affected by the tsunami too.
I wish him to score well against other teams, but not against Bangladesh ;)

Is he really good? He didn't get any decent score in the Tri series.

Yes. He's the latest find.

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 6:45 AM GMT, by abherath.

ReckmyBack
At the end , Rana got his wicket but , it's too late already . Tharanga didn't play well at all . That's what his luck what favoured him today to score 100+ .

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:41 AM
My prediction has come right. Upul tried to go for the big one soon after getting 100 and Mashud did the rest.

Baundule
Manja Rana :joy:

imran78
nice innings from tharanga. seems like another class batsman for the Sri Lankans.

abu_akif
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
I am not a supporter of Chacha.. but Chacha have done any worse than Nazmul today??

Chacha never would have any wickets though , what Nazmul had .

hey, once in a while, Chacha used to take some wickets too..

obernell
September 2, 2005, 01:42 AM
what happen to chobi

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Upul Tharanga is from a poor family. It is great to see him shine like this. His parents back in his village must be happy.

They were affected by the tsunami too.
I wish him to score well against other teams, but not against Bangladesh ;)

Is he really good? He didn't get any decent score in the Tri series.

He has played very well for Sri Lanka A. Interestingly, he is the nephew of Saman Jayantha (heard of him ?) whom he replaced in the Sri Lankan ODI squad ! What a way to treat his uncle !!! When Upul was drafted into the side for the recent tri-series, he made a hash of it. The selectors has however kept faith in him and now it seems to pay off. Pretty much like Marvan's test debut. Marvan was selected as he was seen as a very good batsman. In his first two tests he made 0,0,1,0. If I am not mistaken, in the next he made 0 and 6 but he went on to be a player with one of the highest numbers of double-centuries in test cricket.

Remember, Upul Tharanga got a 100 in the practice match with Bangladesh too.

By the way, Upul has got his 100 in this match too. Cheer him for his hard climb up the ladder. This poor boy deserves it.

imran78
chobi is gone :(

pilot fan
hi guys went to slut hour and half ao and now we are in a slightly better postion

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 01:45 AM
Srilanka already made enough runs to win ? 200+ runs enough to win the match against Bangladesh . Why they are not declaring the innings :D

Fazal
September 2, 2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by pilot fan
hi guys went to slut hour and half ao and now we are in a slightly better postion

then go back again

obernell
September 2, 2005, 01:46 AM
chobi back hoi na kan?

imran78
September 2, 2005, 01:47 AM

"slut hour"? do we want to know what that is? on second thoughts..maybe not :P

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 01:48 AM
Why Aftab is bowling so late ? I never seen a captain bowls their part-timers into last 10 overs . Now Aftab is gonna for heaps of runs .

pilot fan
How many catches have been dropped?

Baundule
Man, this is getting on my nerves! They are already 200 up. Losing toss and going to get 320 :(

abherath
Srilanka already made enough runs to win ? 200+ runs enough to win the match against Bangladesh . Why they are not declaring the innings :D

Just don't give up mate. This is a batsman's paradise. This is the day all your batters should get going. They have it in them.

Whatmore should remember to give Ashraful a thundering slap before he goes out to bat so that he won't do anything silly.

Fazal
Originally posted by obernell
chobi back hoi na kan?

Its back

imran78
September 2, 2005, 01:49 AM
10 overs left, 7 wkts remaining. looks like they will get something around 300.

ReckmyBack
How many catches have been dropped?
It's always uncountable .

Baundule
Why Aftab is bowling so late ? I never seen a captain bowls their part-timers into last 10 overs . Now Aftab is gonna for heaps of runs .

he he, HB has very little in head as a captain

Fazal
September 2, 2005, 01:50 AM
Atapattu looks pereshan.

Fazal
September 2, 2005, 01:51 AM
We need the dangerman (Sangakkara ) out asap.

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:52 AM
Looks like Bangladesh's target is going to be 275. Sri Lanka will now try to accelerate and lose wickets like in the first match. They will get around 60 runs losing a few wickets in the process, in the remaining overs.

Zunaid
September 2, 2005, 01:53 AM
With Nazmul out - HB does not have too many options - he will have to use up Aftab

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 01:53 AM
Azaan dei money hoi . Allahu Akbaar .

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Fazal

then go back again

:fire:

Some of you guys sure have some good humour. This is better than the cricket itself. You Bangladeshis are just like we Sri Lankans.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 01:55 AM
Ekhon abar automatic ntv tey chaila gelo keno ? Kotodur aar kotodur .ei shob ki ?

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:57 AM
Good time to bring Rasel back.

Atapattu seems to have lost the accelerator. Will have to install a new one. Mahela with Sangakkara at this time would be better for Sri Lanka. So doesn't matter if we lose Atapattu now. Country before self. :)

Baundule
September 2, 2005, 01:58 AM
Looks like Bangladesh's target is going to be 275. Sri Lanka will now try to accelerate and lose wickets like in the first match. They will get around 60 runs losing a few wickets in the process, in the remaining overs.

Long live abherath!

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:58 AM
Cricinfo guy has gone to the loo. No updates.

imran78
September 2, 2005, 01:59 AM
Ekhon abar automatic ntv tey chaila gelo keno ? Kotodur aar kotodur .ei shob ki ?

it was drinks break thats why.

abherath
September 2, 2005, 01:59 AM
There is some delay in play, first Helmet comes than water and now
thd umpire with the box of balls, ball is going to replace

That explains the delay on Cricinfo.

Fazal
September 2, 2005, 02:00 AM
So another hard chance?

sadhat
September 2, 2005, 02:01 AM
300+?

obernell

ReckmyBack
So another hard chance?

if you want to count the chances then get a calculator please . It's way too many .

imran78
September 2, 2005, 02:02 AM
300 will be hard i think. 48 balls 73 runs. lets start the countdown :lol:

abherath
These guys are batting well. No boundaries but frequent 1s and 2s, Ranatunga / Miandad style.

obernell
rafiq and javed should open today, then aftab, then ash, then bashar, mashud, ....

sadhat
September 2, 2005, 02:03 AM
anyone watching CBN in Toronto. They put some stupid still ads. They were supposed to broadcast the game. Moneey hoi ganja tanse shalara! Background e abar cricket commentrary shuna jai

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:04 AM
These guys are batting well. No boundaries but frequent 1s and 2s, Ranatunga / Miandad style.

It's Jhonty Rhodes style as always . Mike Hussey in the modern cricket .

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:04 AM
It will be between 270 and 275.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:05 AM
But we have to bat like "Lance Klusner" to win the match .

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:06 AM
Bangladesh can still win this. The score has not really gone out of control for them. Bangladeshi batsmen have to do their job today.

We (Sri Lanka) should get at least 285 to be totally safe.

sadhat
September 2, 2005, 02:06 AM
Current Partnership: 45 runs, 6.0 overs, RR: 7.50
Scary!

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:07 AM
42 balls enough to score a 100. it could go anywhere from 270 (if we get EXTReMELY lucky) to 350. Either way, it'll just be a batting practice for BD cause anything over 200 is hard for us.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:07 AM
What's wrong ? Why they don't get any more wickets ?

sadhat
September 2, 2005, 02:08 AM
Hello Bangladeshlive. Chobi nai.

abherath
But we have to bat like "Lance Klusner" to win the match .

See, Shahriar, Ashraful, Thushar (is he playing ?) can really bat like that.

Tehsin
what is wrong with our bowlers ? why can't they take wickets ?

Baundule
Why not Nazmul yet??
The game is getting too much professional and boring. Want to watch some boundaries

ReckmyBack
Bangladesh can still win this. The score has not really gone out of control for them. Bangladeshi batsmen have to do their job today.

We (Sri Lanka) should get at least 285 to be totally safe.

Srilanka already made more than 200 . So , how can we win ? We already lost . 200 is enough to win against us . Srilanka should declare the innings now :lol:

imran78
September 2, 2005, 02:09 AM
36 balls 54 runs. looking possible now.

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:09 AM
The game is not over for you yet, my Bangla friends. The higher the Sri Lankan score, the more batting you can see from your stars.

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:10 AM
rasel did good in the morning but paposh let the batsmen get in early on. Masr needs to come back and give paposh some much needed rest.

Fazal
September 2, 2005, 02:10 AM
The game is not over for you yet, my Bangla friends. The higher the Sri Lankan score, the more batting you can see from your stars.

Ya !!! then let them score 400 then. We may see a double century by Ash:fire::fire:

pilot fan
September 2, 2005, 02:11 AM
rana caught one at last

imran78
sangkaraa out! :fire:

abherath
Still looks like 275. What do you guys think ?

sadhat
44.2 Mohammad Rafique to Sangakkara, OUT: short in length, goes for the
pull shot, misstimes it, Majural Islam Rana runnings back and
takes a good diving catch at short midwicket

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:12 AM

Game is already finished when you guys had 200+ . We can't score 200+ anyway . We already lost the match .

obernell
September 2, 2005, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Tehsin
rasel did good in the morning but paposh let the batsmen get in early on. Masr needs to come back and give paposh some much needed rest.

well u can't reallly blame taposh, he almost got thalanga whatever out, but rana missed the catch...taposh has always been a wicket taker

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:13 AM
well done rafique. Now, open with golla and koi ekta char chokka pitaya 15 over e 100 kore dao. match will get exciting.

shuffiman
kew ki bdlive theke shorashori chobi pachche?

pilot fan
well bowled rafique good 10 overs

ReckmyBack
Rafique's magic alrwady started but it's too late for him . Never know , what Murali gonna do to us .

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 7:14 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.

Tehsin
paposh does get wickets ... he just gives away too many runs.

roc
bangladesh bhai ra ki khela bondo kora dilen

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:14 AM

Ya !!! then let them score 400 then. We may see a double century by Ash:fire::fire:

You can negotiate to pay back in installments !!! :joy:

Sangakkara's gone. Should get a pinch hitter now.

Baundule
September 2, 2005, 02:14 AM
I am not thinking about winning or losing. Just play the natural game with good sense, be positive and don't give away cheap wickets, that's what I want to see from our batsmen.

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:15 AM
Dilhara strike rate - 87%
Attapattu strike rate - 67%

ReckmyBack
Originally posted by Baundule
I am not thinking about winning or losing. Just play the natural game with good sense, be positive and don't give away cheap wickets, that's what I want to see from our batsmen.
We don't think about nothing . But Bashar already thought about winning today in the newspapers .

abherath
Dilhara lokuhettige is supposed to be a pinch-hitter but unfortunately, in the tri-sries he only pinched himself.

Fazal
September 2, 2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by roc
bangladesh bhai ra ki khela bondo kora dilen

Kechui Bujlam na. Shostar tin obosta.... ar magna genesher to kothi nai:(

ReckmyBack
Damn we already lost the match . Score is too high to get .

imran78
Originally posted by Baundule

i dont think anyone expected a win against SL. they are too strong for us. as long as the batsmen dont collapse like last match and make 200+ runs i will be happy.

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:17 AM
will we be able to play tusher today ?

mwrkhan
5 overs left 280+ a possibility

abherath
Sri Lankans are hitting the ball out of shape. I suggest that they use discs instead of balls. Remember, Ashraful is yet to come.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:18 AM
What's wrong with Rasel ? He's not getting wickets in his last over as well . Come on BD boys .

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:18 AM
imissed the first half of the match - was fielding better then the last match ?

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:19 AM
Sri Lankans are hitting the ball out of shape. I suggest that they use discs instead of balls. Remember, Ashraful is yet to come.

What Ashraful ? What he scored in his last 3 matches ? Duck , Duck and 4 ..........

Fazal
What's wrong with Rasel ? He's not getting wickets in his last over as well . Come on BD boys .

He got it . Now happy?

obernell
Damn we already lost the match . Score is too high to get .

man, we're all staying up late to watch this game, the least u can do is to be optimistic.................
no matter where u go there is always gonna be someone who is impulsive, and make big comments.

pilot fan
gone syed got one

imran78
dilhara gone. rasel gets his wicket in his last over again.

BanglaCool
September 2, 2005, 02:20 AM
Got your answer!

ReckmyBack

He got it . Now happy?

Ofcourse , as he had to get the wicket you know , atleast one but now 2 more balls to go . Go for one more .

PoorFan

:P:P:P

shuffiman
Dilhara lokuhettige is supposed to be a pinch-hitter but unfortunately, in the tri-sries he only pinched himself.

abherath was right, dilhara just pinched himself yet again!

asif1530
bangladeslive bhai, apni koi gelen ??

pilot fan
September 2, 2005, 02:21 AM
well bowled syed once again a good 10 overs

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:21 AM
Wickets falling like I said. It will be 275.

BanglaCool
September 2, 2005, 02:22 AM
45.6 Syed Rasel to Atapattu, legbye: one run, off the pads to leg

They are taking every run possible!

ReckmyBack
Now "dracula" is on the field . Mahela Jayawardene .do something with him now .

imran78
another good performance for rasel. seems like hes gonna be a fixture in ODIs for BD in the future.

obernell
damn nigga, we're missing all the real action

abherath
Atapattu is not bad afterall. 37 in 53. Not enough balls left for Jayawardane to smash.

PoorFan
September 2, 2005, 02:23 AM
Tapash comming on.:embaressed::embaressed::embaressed:

ReckmyBack
Ahh ekhon Tapash's turn , put all the fielders on the boundary , he will get couple as well .

imran78
tapash given the ball for the last 2 overs? 300 is again looking like a possibility!

asif1530
Aftab or any other partimers has to bowl 2 overs, which might get costly

abherath
This boy Rasel is good. What's with Mashrafe ?

Fazal
September 2, 2005, 02:24 AM
Ahh ekhon Tapash's turn , put all the fielders on the boundary , he will get couple as well .

But who will stop the over boundaries:info:

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:24 AM
paposh is getting abused as usual

captain_thinking_tank
September 2, 2005, 02:25 AM
khela ki aar dekha jaba?

ReckmyBack
Put 9 players on the boundary , one or two runs are nothing now .

Baundule

Mashrafee is 'better' :)

Fazal
Why Taposh always gives 4s in pairs?

roc
bangladesh bhai plzzzzzzzzzz akta babostha koren bangladesher batting ta dekhanor jonno.

imran78
paposh is getting abused as usual

only 12 runs in that over. good by his standards :D

abherath
Sri Lankans, when being coached by Whatmore, started developing frequent injuries. Now it is happening to your players too. Does whatmore sit on the players back in the pavilion and at practice ?

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 7:28 AM GMT, by abherath.

PoorFan
September 2, 2005, 02:26 AM
Paposh become our usual Chacha.:bravo:

asif1530

Mashrafe is injured

ReckmyBack
Stupid Bashar didn't put his 9 players on the boundary what results 2 fours ...... Bad Luck .

abherath
Hey, whose side is Tapash on ? :fire:

imran78
September 2, 2005, 02:28 AM
and now the other tapash (nazmul) to ball the 49th over. there couldnt be anyone worse.

Tehsin
Pattu's on his way to an easy 50

ReckmyBack

But who will stop the over boundaries:info:

Every one is not "Kevin Pitersen" to hit over the boundaries in last 10 overs of the innings .

asif1530
This is looking really bad

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 7:28 AM GMT, by asif1530.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:29 AM
Why not any more spinners coming now ? We need slow bowlers now .

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 7:29 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.

fab
Why have the bowlers with the worst economy rates today been left for last?!?!?

asif1530
I'm afraid, the total is getting too big for us

Tehsin
270 up. 17 balls to go with Naz and Paposh bowling. 300-320 highly possible.

obernell
come on guys lets have some fun, we'll all predict the total score for Srilanka. lets see who gets closer.

My Guess: 295/7

abherath
Looks like the target will be around 290 now. Enough room for an Ashraful century.

fab
September 2, 2005, 02:30 AM
Bashar is the most predictable captain!

Tehsin
fab - are you questioning SUMON ? (and you're surprised?)

asif1530
[quote]Originally posted by Tehsin
270 up. 17 balls to go with Naz and Paposh bowling. 300-320 highly possible. [/quote

I guess, it will be between 290 to 300. But even that is nearly impossible]

imran78
i predict 312.

shuffiman
i hope we aren't penalized for slow over-rate. what was with the SL players taking that loooong useless break around the 42nd over? even the commentators didn't like that.

kalimdor
September 2, 2005, 02:31 AM
bdlive er ki holo ra bhai?

abherath
Bashar did not make good use of Aftab.

ReckmyBack
come on guys lets have some fun, we'll all predict the total score for Srilanka. lets see who gets closer.

No predict score for Bangladesh 226+ but still we loose .

Fazal
Looks like they will cross 300 and thanks to Tapash and Nazmul.

PoorFan
Looks like Bashar have no choice, but bowl with Nazmul or Aftab at last.

Tehsin
centuries from Ash, Golla, and Tusher will see bd win by 9 wickets.

imran78
September 2, 2005, 02:32 AM
nazmul got injured. aftan bowling now.

ReckmyBack
Looks like they will cross 300 and thanks to Tapash and Nazmul.

It's Aftab not Nazmul ......... Anyway it's Darcula's turn so , we should let him play .

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 7:32 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.

asif1530
Bhai, apnader karo kase ki Bdlive -er phone number ase ?

abherath

No predict score for Bangladesh 226+ but still we loose .

300 for 8 or 9

nsd3
When bowlers do the erratic bowling (too short, too wide of the stumps) no captain can have any clue to use the bowlers rightly.

fab
Anyhow, the way things started off today it seemed like they would make 350+ On the bright side at least that has been avoided (i hate this continual lowering of expectations tho)

BanglaCool
September 2, 2005, 02:33 AM
my prediction: 299/5

kalimdor
cant watch da game on bdlive wats wrong?

PoorFan
Bring our substitute Tushar in.

obernell
ore taposh, debo tore paposh

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:34 AM
'Thapasaya' is Sinhalese is a hermit. What does Thapash mean ?

Tehsin
280 up with 13 balls and 5 wickets in hand

Baundule
Looks like the target will be around 290 now. Enough room for an Ashraful century.

I guess, he'll be only 1 run short of the century. I mean leave the '1' from '100':down:

BanglaCool
48.2 Tapash Baisya to Jayawardene, wide: no run, outside off and a slash
at it misses
48.2 Tapash Baisya to Jayawardene, (noball) no run, short and wide
outside off

TAPASH:E

imran78
well with nazmul off the attack i am gonna lower me prediction to 305.

asif1530
Whats going on with Taposh. 'NO' and wide at this stage of the game is really irritating

Dawah
drop Taposh forever PLease

istiak
Put 9 players on the boundary , one or two runs are nothing now .

Can we do that??

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:35 AM
and paposh is giving away wide's and no balls...

ReckmyBack
Originally posted by nsd3
When bowlers do the erratic bowling (too short, too wide of the stumps) no captain can have any clue to use the bowlers rightly.

What can you expect from the Batsmen Like Attapattu avg 46+ in odi and Mahela 40+ in odi ........ Tht's acceptable in one sense .

imran78
tapash catching up with his extras. he didnt ball enough of em earlier

abherath
2 free runs and 2 additional balls from Tapash. We thank him profusely.

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 7:37 AM GMT, by abherath.

obernell
man taposh is really really bad

Dawah
Look at this:

48.3 Tapash Baisya to Atapattu, one run, driven hard to cover
48.3 Tapash Baisya to Atapattu, wide: no run, outside off
48.2 Tapash Baisya to Jayawardene, one run, smashed to cover
48.2 Tapash Baisya to Jayawardene, wide: no run, outside off and a slash
at it misses
48.2 Tapash Baisya to Jayawardene, (noball) no run, short and wide
outside off
48.1 Tapash Baisya to Jayawardene, two runs, on the off stump line and
belted back over the bowler to long-off

BanglaCool
September 2, 2005, 02:36 AM
3 xtras in the penultimate over!!!

asif1530
I still think that we can contain SL below 300

PoorFan
Paposh giving no balls and wide at this moment!:-/

Tehsin
let's trade paposh for vaas for the third ODI .. mix it up a little bit for fun

BanglaCool
no slower deliveries?

ReckmyBack
no 4's as yet .

obernell
September 2, 2005, 02:37 AM
lets pray that taposh can finish his over

al Furqaan
tapash is bangla for 'extra'

asif1530
Originally posted by PoorFan
Paposh giving no balls and wide at this moment!:-/

Paposh sucks

Dhakablues
The bowling quota usage was totally wrong... come to think of it,,, how many times does Bangladesh get things right? We have some very good batsmen, few good bowlers and average fielding... with all these, when they click they win a match. Why can they not click more often rather then being more on the 'catching up' side, I wonder.

ReckmyBack
Wide and no balls are not too bad . Atleast better than 4's .

reyme
September 2, 2005, 02:38 AM
maybe bashar should bowl now :)

Dawah
Tapash Baisya's slog over accuracy:

Recent Overs

2 N. Y. 1 Y. 1 1 3 1

abherath
Come on guys. Give Tapash a break This is his last over and he wants to stay a bit longer.

Tehsin
paposh avg over 7 ... he must be really proud

imran78
well only another 12 runs from that over. no 4s..thats something to cheer about i guess.

BanglaCool
that's it tapash should be out of the team.
Ash should bowl
and we should play an extra bowler

obernell
how many runs in the last over? ?

My Guess: 11 for 1 wicket

Dawah
September 2, 2005, 02:39 AM
Some one said this in England commentry, Tapash Baisya should not be even playing International cricket.

Dhakablues
Tapash is becoming another Manural/Shanto/Bikash.. he is out of form for a long long time. He is creating his own grave

russellprb
taposh is really a good bowler.......matro 12-15 runs dai every over e

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:40 AM
paposh avg over 7 ... he must be really proud

Sri Lanka who ? :fire:

asif1530
A Very fine last over by Aftab

ReckmyBack
Originally posted by reyme
maybe bashar should bowl now :)

i agree with you , we need spinners now . But then again we will have 6,4,4,3,wide,2,1
21 runs over :P

reyme
And people want to DROP Chacaha. Funny indeed.
:great:

imran78
aftab bowling tight.

pilot fan
September 2, 2005, 02:42 AM
dot ball last ball

296 to win

ReckmyBack

Lucky chacha isn't playing today . Otherwise that would have been over 300 runs :great:

imran78
someone said 295 as the final score. seems like he was spot on.

wohoo 300 averted! :bravo:

obernell
damn i was right
total is 295

fab
Look. Chacha has had his day. Please get over him and move on.

Tehsin
September 2, 2005, 02:43 AM
chacha is too old and doesn't add any additional vlue to the team.

wow, aftab, a part-timer gave only 6 runs n the last over. I hope Taposh was paying attention.

shuffiman
September 2, 2005, 02:43 AM
under 300, not bad.

Dhakablues
September 2, 2005, 02:44 AM
I am hoping to see some Aftab/Ashraful fireworks.. Today is the day to rise and shine. :fanflag:

asif1530
Originally posted by fab
Look. Chacha has had his day. Please get over him and move on.

But the problem is, there seems nobody to move on!
PPl like taposh, nazmul are as bad as Chacha. So, What would we do ??

reyme
21 FOURS and 1 SIX.

Thanks to Tapash and Nazmul

obernell
damn i was right
total is 295

i'm gonna make my next prediction while i'm still lucky:

Bangladesh win today's match
Bangladesh win against AUS in world cup
Bangladesh win World CUp 2007
ash makes century in every match

BDFan
September 2, 2005, 02:45 AM
prediction:: ashraful 10 ball face korar agei out hobe!!!

ReckmyBack
dot ball last ball

296 to win

If BD can win then that will be second biggest upset !!! We are the first nations to hold world's biggest upset to win against Australia . So , now there's a chance to get the 2nd positions .

Tehsin
296 ? Winnable, YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

g'night folks. THE MATCH is ours.

we'll win by 3 wickets with 3 balls to go.

Fazal

Ya and they think 26 runs in 5 overs is too many runs to give. Compared to Tapash's ECON Rate its like "Amritar Pani"

obernell
September 2, 2005, 02:47 AM
what the he.. is amritar pani

ReckmyBack
296 ? Winnable, YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

g'night folks. THE MATCH is ours.

we'll win by 3 wickets with 3 balls to go.

ofcourse it's winnable if Javed Omar knows how to play the odi .

asif1530
damn i was right
total is 295

i'm gonna make my next prediction while i'm still lucky:

Bangladesh win today's match
Bangladesh win against AUS in world cup
Bangladesh win World CUp 2007
ash makes century in every match

I wish u were right my friend . But ...... !!!!

imran78
our bowling attack should be masri, rasel, rafiq and enamul (or rana) with aftab and tushar bowling 10 between them. everyone else is crap.

anik
September 2, 2005, 02:48 AM
I know its impossible to win but plz play good. don't t throw out the wickets.

reyme
September 2, 2005, 02:48 AM
Okay game is over. Who should be dropped in the next match?

PS. moderators, we are having fun, so leave us alone!

imran78
September 2, 2005, 02:49 AM

tapash and nazmul definitely. never liked either of em.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:50 AM

If "ashraful" doesn't get a decent score today , he should be dropped first .
Why we are blamming our bowlers when we can't even reach 200+ against Srilanka ?

PoorFan
September 2, 2005, 02:50 AM
Only one thing Bashar could try couple of overs with Ash, but he never try, I wonder why.

obernell
September 2, 2005, 02:51 AM
i don't know who's gonna get dropped, but lets say taposh makes a century,,,,the most probable thread:

" where are all the taposh haters"
"taposh is the most talented allrounder in modern cricket"
"taposh: our future vass"
"Can't believe they didn't select taposh for world 11"

reyme
September 2, 2005, 02:51 AM
Tapash is out of form. Is it the beginning of an end?

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:53 AM
Bangladesh will get something above 250 today but will fall short of the target. There will be a lot written about having put up a good show and not losing badly. Many will say that Bangladesh will win the next match etc.

Bangladesh is no longer a weak team. So all the above will be useless. Bangladesh needs to win here and today. For that, your bowlers and fielders should have done their job right without putting pressure on your batting.

Let us now look forward to some brilliant batting from your stars. It is a pity though, that it would all be for a lost cause.

Whatmore has a lot more to do to than look angry.

I am not saying this out of disrespect for Bangladesh. Sri Lanka has been down this road too and I know how I felt as a fan.

By the way, Aftab bowled a very good last over, giving away only 6 to Atapattu and Mahela whose engines were roaring. Bashar does not seem to know how to use him better. Aftab is a gem and he should be looked after.

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 7:56 AM GMT, by abherath.

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:53 AM
i don't know who's gonna get dropped, but lets say taposh makes a century,,,,the most probable thread:

" where are all the taposh haters"
"taposh is the most talented allrounder in modern cricket"
"taposh: our future vass"
"Can't believe they didn't select taposh for world 11"

He can't get a century but he becomes the 3rd highest scorer in the match . When the player like Ashraful gets only 4 .......... So , now you can judge who gets dropped first .

Edited on, September 2, 2005, 8:01 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.

Dhakablues
September 2, 2005, 02:54 AM
Man.. disheatend by BDLIVe,, I bought the willowtv package for 50 bux.. There is a special going on now. Includes the 5th Ashes too.

abherath
September 2, 2005, 02:55 AM
The uderstatement of the century, or is this sarcastic ?!

This is how cricinfo.com signed off after the Sri Lankan inning:

Bangaldesh had problems with their bowling line-up and some
fielding lapses but did manage to contain the Sri Lankans to 295
Please join us in about 30 mins, 08:15GMT

Sorry
September 2, 2005, 02:55 AM
guys who are watching channel S shouldn't miss the discussion by "cricket expert" during the break.
sound like some kind of funeral show....

reyme
September 2, 2005, 02:56 AM
I feel sorry for Nazmul. The way he was carried out by his mates was truly sad. Wasn't there any strecher? And what the heck this Physio doing anyways? I heard Masri complained and this physio did not listen. And now masri is out for the entir series. Good job Paul, the useless Physio

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 02:56 AM

By the way, Aftab bowled a very good last over, giving away only 6 to Atapattu and Mahela whose engines were roaring. Bashar does not seem to know how to use him better. Aftab is a gem and he should be looked after.

Aftab is the only bowler to get 5 wickets for bangladesh in odi against New Zealand . So , he is a good bowler but Bashar doesn't know when to use him . He bats alright as well .

reyme
September 2, 2005, 02:57 AM
Bashar is a very good batsman. And thats about it, thats where he belong. His captaincy does more harm than good for this team. Period.

imran78
September 2, 2005, 02:58 AM

well they DID contain the batsmen from breaking the 400 mark in ODI :D

abherath
September 2, 2005, 03:00 AM
He can't get a century but he becomes the 3rd highest scorer in the match . When the player like Ashraful gets only 4 .......... So , now you can judge who get dropped first .

You sure are witty and subtle. You should write some articles here. I like your style.

abherath
September 2, 2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by imran78

well they DID contain the batsmen from breaking the 400 mark in ODI :D

Ohhh I see ! Now that was the point, then. How silly of me !

ReckmyBack
September 2, 2005, 03:03 AM
Who wants to drop Ashraful , if he doesn't get any decent score today ? Watch his last 3 odi's Duck , Duck and 4 ........

Dawah
September 2, 2005, 03:03 AM
Buring Question is, how much BD will score today?

My tip to Dav Whatmore is that his boys should take the rest of the match as a test match practice opportunity and make a goal of putting up 215 in 50 overs without losing not more than 3 wickets.

AussieBloke
September 2, 2005, 03:04 AM
I was just listening to the innings discussion on channel-i (internet). Nannu was giving his opinion. Nanu said that he would have batted, due to their past record on the premadasa pitch. Also by having some kind of total on the board gives the bowlers some confidence and something to bowl at.

I also think we should have batted. We are not good chasers (forget the Aus match). The moisture that was there in the morning is probably no longer there. Batting could become easier in the BD innings. But the problem lies that they have scored a massive total. And if our batsman goes for their "natural game", then we may see another collapse of batting. Hope I am wrong! I think Bashar should lose the toss everytime so that he doesnt have to make any decision. Any decision he takes probably wont be backed up by the batsmen or the bowlers.

Dawah
September 2, 2005, 03:04 AM
Who wants to drop Ashraful , if he doesn't get any decent score today ? Watch his last 3 odi's Duck , Duck and 4 ........

Prediction game:

Ash will hit two fours and get out trying the 3rd one of a 1st time ever bowler.