PDA

View Full Version : Lack of exposure for Bangladesh

fwullah
April 15, 2003, 11:37 AM
1) Willow TV does not have Bangladesh versus South Africa's yesterday's match in their list of showing (THE ONLY) match not to show live
- AND is it only Bangladesh's bad luck or is it a coincedence that in that match Bangladesh performed so brilliantly?

2) Widen is the only site that has a positive headline on Bangladesh: "Bangladesh Salvage Pride", whereas on the same article, the headline on Cricinfo is "South Africa Crush Bangladesh by 83 Runs". And BBC's headline "South Africa Too Strong for Tigers".

Here it is worth mentioning that BBC was the only International site that used to praise Bangladesh's good performances. But now it seems that the tables have turned around, when we see Wisden to give positive headlines instead of BBC.

Banglatiger84
April 15, 2003, 11:43 AM
i was really surprised at cricinfo's headline.

India always loses fighting by 100 runs and pakistan beating kenya by 143 runs is a "trouncing", mind u , a much milder expression than"crushing"

fwullah
April 15, 2003, 11:48 AM
There is no "verdict" article written on Wisden about the match between Bangladesh vs South Africa yesterday on the 1st match of the TVS cup when Bangladesh scored 211 all out, whereas there is a verdict "AS USUAL" when Bangladesh played against India when Bangladesh scored 77 all out.

Reuters' headline: South Africa rout Bangladesh to give Smith first win.

But a good headline is (of vivacricket.co.za) Proteas win against Bangladesh but not convincingly

rafiq
April 15, 2003, 03:37 PM
i didn't get your reference to willow tv - what is it that they are not doing? I saw the game live on willow tv yesterday.

I don't see anything wrong with the headline "south africa crushed bangladesh by 83 runs". The text of the article is obviously the same as the wisden article. In it bangladesh's efforts are mentioned.

i think 83 runs is still considered a crushing victory, as in where one team never threatened to win the game. Unless we want them to change the definition of "crushing victory" just because we need a break.

instead of being bothered by what the press has to write, I just hope our team helps itself by playing better.