PDA

View Full Version : Naimur says no to the selectors

bd_cricket
April 15, 2003, 05:28 PM
Naimur denied to play for the national side. He says he is not physically or mentally fit to play in the international cricket.

Ehsan
April 15, 2003, 05:44 PM
Salam to naimur's honesty and patriotism.

This is a very good thing that when you are not ready or fit you straightly say it. At least he's not like other players who are not really prepared but came to play when the selectors called. Naimur didn't really want our cricket to get any more worse. Thanx to Naimur.

Zobair
April 15, 2003, 05:51 PM
rumour has it that the dude is just frustrated with the BCB selection. He allegedly feels aggrieved that he has not been selected based on his performance in the first 15!!

Piranha
April 15, 2003, 06:22 PM
Whatever the reasons I am very happy to see him out of the BD team. His captancy was bizzare at best and may have been very damaging to our cricket.

Sham
April 15, 2003, 09:29 PM
Naimur is not a bad person to have in the one-day squad. Since we are having this problem with Sanwar, who provides a good bowling option but hasn't been scoring, Naimur seems the best alternative. Especially since he can score a 20 or so, never more, but rarely less. However, he should NEVER be given captaincy again not that thats an issue right now, and he shouldn't be in the Test side either unless he can justify a place as one of the four bowlers!

fwullah
April 15, 2003, 09:34 PM
I agree with Sham that Naimur is not the worst player to have in our One Day squad.

But I would also like to thank him for not taking up the opportunity to play a few games.

He is thinking maturely and wants to stay long, rather than be a temporary player.

bd_cricket
April 17, 2003, 04:10 PM
As Naimur said no to the selectors - Aliul said that as long as he is in selection - he never gonna consider Naimur for the national side in future. An answer for the insult. (janakantha)

Ehsan
April 17, 2003, 05:37 PM
Well dat is unfair. He did a good job by not participating as he wasn't ready "mentally and physically".

I don't understand why BCB has lead to that decission.

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by ehsan]