PDA

View Full Version : Any one play table tennis?

Dawah
September 23, 2005, 12:02 PM
In our masjid, we have a table tennis league going on.
This is not only a cool game, but also great for lossing your extra fat :lol:

Dawah
September 23, 2005, 03:55 PM
Our BD team move to 2nd round by beating Somali team-D.

ekatturerBangalee
September 23, 2005, 05:22 PM
Yes, I used to be a regular at Dhaka College. Ping Pong is a great game :)

Tigers_eye
October 4, 2005, 04:01 PM
I use to play and thought I was pretty good. I could smash both backhand and forehand and play spin until my friend (who lives in Aus now, EE from RIT) beat me with his left hand. He later became Dhaka college champ for the two years he studied. (Arif Ahmed 1988 and 89, by the way, he was SSC 1st and HSC 2nd lol.)

AsifTheManRahman
October 4, 2005, 04:08 PM
i play tt in my free time

ZunaidH
October 5, 2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
I use to play and thought I was pretty good. I could smash both backhand and forehand and play spin until my friend

Real players don't smash with backhand. Real players really don't have to use backhand. Learn how to hold a bat with the middle and index finger and you'll never have to play backhand.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 4:23 PM GMT, by ZunaidH.

Huda
October 5, 2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by ZunaidH
I use to play and thought I was pretty good. I could smash both backhand and forehand and play spin until my friend

Real players don't smash with backhand. Real players really don't have to use backhand. Learn how to hold a bat with the middle and index finger and you'll never have to play backhand.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 4:23 PM GMT, by ZunaidH.

woah man calm it, hes only playin himself up

chinaman
October 5, 2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Dawah
In our masjid, we have a table tennis league going on.

I thought masjids are for something else! Boy, I'm in big trouble, already started hearing things :(

reverse_swing
October 5, 2005, 12:22 PM
I had seen few world cup cricket matches on a wide screen TV organized by a local church few years ago when I was in Bristol. Now a days many churches use this kinda unconventional methods to attract people. This thread just reminds me that church experience.

Tehsin
October 5, 2005, 10:37 PM
Haven't played in a long while. I've got plans for my next place tho. I'll prolly set up a pool table and one of the foldable table-tennis tables in the basement. You guys are welcome once I get it done, just keep 'party' politics and religious beliefs at the front porch. ;)

Tigers_eye
October 6, 2005, 09:33 AM

That's really hard and need lot of practice, man. And also I am not a chinese. Although, I agree it can produce killer top spin.

Edited on, October 10, 2005, 2:02 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Fazal
October 6, 2005, 11:33 AM
... and all those days watching those Chinese dudes I thought table tennis is for sissies.

ZunaidH
October 6, 2005, 01:48 PM
for those who are interested in the art of playing with two fingers it is engraved in the same art of holding the chopsticks. If you can do chopsticks properly you can be an ace table tennis player. Chinese are really the master of reflexes.

Huda
October 8, 2005, 09:00 AM
[

Edited on, October 15, 2005, 10:10 AM GMT, by Huda.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2005, 09:08 AM
Mr. Huda,
In the month of Ramadan I ask your forgiveness. I didnot intentionally do that. I was replying to Mr ZunaidH, and trying to keep the post short accidently deleted the wrong lines.

Anyways, I have edited my post and if you do the same the problem will be corrected.
My honest apologies.

Navarene
October 10, 2005, 02:21 PM
Any one play table tennis?
You mean this type of (http://www.funnyville.com/fv/pictures/matrix.shtml) table tennis?

Fazal
October 11, 2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Navarene
You mean this type of (http://www.funnyville.com/fv/pictures/matrix.shtml) table tennis?

:up: Now thats make this game more interesting to watch.

Huda
October 15, 2005, 05:10 AM
Mr. Huda,
In the month of Ramadan I ask your forgiveness. I didnot intentionally do that. I was replying to Mr ZunaidH, and trying to keep the post short accidently deleted the wrong lines.

Anyways, I have edited my post and if you do the same the problem will be corrected.
My honest apologies.

oh ok, no problems, just bit confusin and annoying seeing my name of another post