PDA

View Full Version : 2005 NFL (National Football League)

Tigers_eye
October 19, 2005, 03:56 PM
Week 7:
NFC East: Dallas on top 4-2. This group is back. All have winning record. (Washington, NY Giants, Philly)
NFC North: Worst in the entire league. All have losing record.
NFC South: Rooting for Tampa (5-1). Hotlanta and carolina are not far behind.
NFC West: One word. Seattle.

AFC East: New England goes. Although Buffalo is also 3-3.
AFC North: Never thought Cinci would be leading with 5-1. Pitt would challenge by the end of the season.
AFC South: Go Manning. I hope they win it all. Don't see a better guy coaching than Tony Dunge.
AFC West: Denver looks strong. KC is getting better. Hard to believe Raiders are 1-4 with Moss.

To me AFC is still stronger than NFC. Cinci looks good. For the first time Indi has a real shot. Their defense is much improved. Although they have not played anybody yet. There is Denver, Pittsburg. They will make noise. Can't count Tom Brady (New England) out. Come December they will be ready.

NFC: hard to tell. Up for grabs. Dallas, Jags, Tampa, Seattle, Philly, carolina, Atlanta anyone can run away in the second half of the season.

So who do you think will win this years super bowl? Indi is my pick.

Edited on, October 19, 2005, 8:59 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Faceoff
October 19, 2005, 05:38 PM
Dallas Cowboys all da way :cool:

http://www.bobanddan.net/pics/TeagueOwens.gif

Tehsin
October 19, 2005, 07:09 PM
Cowboys ... RedSkins (my home team) are two of 5/6 teams that I am rooting for this year.

But this is early prediction. I need to watch a few more games before I pick anyone.

AsifTheManRahman
October 19, 2005, 07:19 PM
Buffalo Bills.

(notices that everyone in the room is throwing weird glances at him....) Yeah I know. Can't help it. Live right across the border.

akabir77
October 20, 2005, 10:05 AM
Chiefs baby..

The X Factor, Priest and Tony is gona get U

Fazal
October 20, 2005, 02:34 PM
Any one except....

Philadelphia Eagles

Tigers_eye
October 20, 2005, 03:14 PM
Kansas city don't have a prayer unless their defense steps up.

I use to be Bledsoe fan. After how bills treated him nah!!! K Holcome can't get them to playoffs let alone winning it all.

Philly has a self destructive time bomb (TO). Watch faceoff's video. He is just nuts. What goes around comes around. A sound thumping by dallas was great to watch.

Beamer
October 21, 2005, 03:05 PM
Steelers....Steelers....

Faceoff
October 24, 2005, 02:55 PM
just a heart breaking loss for the cows. I am still depressed. We went from 1st place to last in a matter of week. NFC East is the toughest division in NFL.

Tehsin
October 24, 2005, 08:57 PM
Skins skinned (sorry, couldn't help it) the 49ers. Giants are next. It'll be a tough one and I got my faith on Brunell, Portis, and Moss.

Tigers_eye
October 25, 2005, 08:27 AM
The only good thing happened this week was Houston staying winless. (Jim Rome)

Indi has a bye week, then starts its NFL (most of the teams Indi played (7-0) were cupcakes).

They play at New England, Cinci, Jacksonville, seattle and plays at home Pitts, Tenn, San diego, Arizona.

How can Giants beat Denver???
Drew wake up???
Why are Pilly so lucky???
Rest not worthy enough for any comments.

Edited on, October 25, 2005, 1:30 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Fazal
October 25, 2005, 10:56 AM
Before all set and done.... the Redksin will be back to square one fighting for a 8-8 season. They are just flirting with the fans. don't forget they are just one hit away (to Brunell) from total disaster (Ramsey). And I am not sure that Brunell has the gas to carry them all season.

Tehsin
October 25, 2005, 08:48 PM
Fazal - I was trying to stay upbeat. What did I ever do to deserve this ? Brunell's a big question mark and Ramsey ? YIKES. Still, as a Virginia/DC Metro native, I feel compelled to get behind the Skins. :)

Tigers_eye
October 26, 2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by akabir77
Chiefs baby..

Thought you were a Rams fan. Aren't you guys closer to St Louis? I love D Vermil. Mike Martz just killed the team. But hope he recovers. St Louis need to hire a new coach next year.

Faceoff
October 26, 2005, 11:48 AM
Mike Martz may not be back next year as he is feuding with the team management.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5021732

Tigers_eye
October 31, 2005, 10:22 AM
Crazy weekend. Houston and Frisco won???

Redskin got blanked, Jacksonville lost to St. louis. Denver and Dallas routed Philly and Zona, Bengals won ugly. If Pitt wins tonight, Baltimore will not make it the playoffs.

Fazal
October 31, 2005, 04:49 PM
<b>Redskin 00 Giants 36</b>

Khaise.... someone is in real bad mood this week.

Tigers_eye
November 1, 2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
<b>Redskin 00 Giants 36</b>

Khaise.... someone is in real bad mood this week.
Not so much so, at least his Boys beat the pulp out of Arizona.

sadi
November 1, 2005, 03:07 PM
Go giants baby. Feel bad for the redskin fans. :lol:

Tehsin
November 1, 2005, 08:57 PM
You now what, th eonly reason I decided to follow football more this year is to forget the pain and suffering of following BD cricket. Obviously, it backfired. Good thing is, I am not as attached to skins as I am to BD. Besides, I stil have Dallas to cling on to.

Faceoff
November 1, 2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Tehsin
You now what, th eonly reason I decided to follow football more this year is to forget the pain and suffering of following BD cricket. Obviously, it backfired. Good thing is, I am not as attached to skins as I am to BD. Besides, I stil have Dallas to cling on to.

I welcome everyone to jump on the cow bandwagon :)

Tigers_eye
November 7, 2005, 11:45 AM
Big game tonight. Go Colts! Its a must win for them. The Patriots are a depleted team.

What a win for Vermeil. Good 4th down call. Chargers, Jags almost went down. Giants, panthers are roaring. Falcons, steelers, bengals, sea hawks had their routine wins.

Skins took advantage of suspended TO and no running game Philly.

Browns, bears and vikes are winners but they are losers.

Faceoff
November 7, 2005, 03:11 PM
TO had really screwed up this time. He may have already played his last game as an eagle.I dont think he will get any big bucks from any team after this incident.

Tigers_eye
November 7, 2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by faceoff
TO had really screwed up this time. He may have already played his last game as an eagle.I dont think he will get any big bucks from any team after this incident.
Yes, absolutely right. Philly should suspend him rest of the season and not release him. Then in March before the contract extension deadline release him. Only team can get him then are the bad teams like Texans and Packers. That way no contender can get him. He will not have 5/6 year multi million dollar contracts with huge bonuses anymore. He had his chance and threw it away. I blame his new big mouth agent somewhat.

Beamer
November 7, 2005, 04:28 PM
And T. O has just been suspended by the Eagles for the rest of the season. This guy is a cancer in any team. But, some idiot GM will make the mistake and try to acquire him next year wishing he will change his ways. He won't and will eat away at any team he plays for. What a pity though. He is such a fabulous WR.

I think Carolina is a very dangerous team. Steve Smith is just awsome. They will challenge anyone in NFC and don't be surprised if they go deep in playoffs.

My Steelers just pulled of a difficult win in Green Bay minus Big Ben and Bus. Once Big Ben returns we will be hard to beat. We have a pretty easy schedule from now on except a Monday nighter at Indi. I don't see how we win that game. But you never know...

akabir77
November 8, 2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Originally posted by akabir77
Chiefs baby..

Thought you were a Rams fan. Aren't you guys closer to St Louis? I love D Vermil. Mike Martz just killed the team. But hope he recovers. St Louis need to hire a new coach next year.

What a game last week... Last second touchdown to win against raiders....

Anyway i am in the middle of the state. Same distance from KC and St louis... KC is kinda like BD under dog and don't get enough covers even though they r good team had one of the number one offence for last couple of years...This year they r not playing that good though the diffence is playing much better...dmm just like bd batting bhalo to bowling bhalo na vise versa...

Tigers_eye
November 8, 2005, 03:58 PM
Yes KC had the #1 offense when P homes was healthy. I use to be a Neil Smith (#90 retired with bronco's after winning super bowl) and D Thomas (56# died in a car accident) fan. Those were the years when chief defense was best in the league and offense was at the bottom.

Can't compare with BD team. Bodmash gularey pita diya dorkar. Their batting and bowling is always the worse. Somehow in game day one of the two dips lower. If our boys had only seen the work the effort these professional players put in here.

I watched in the SCenter. Vermeil is a class act. he could have won couple of more super bowls if he had stayed with St Louis.

Tigers_eye
November 21, 2005, 10:05 AM
To Whom it may concern
Colts 45 - Bengals 37
The Colts has a 10-0 record, 6 to go. Remaining schedule is favorable only at Jacksonville, Seattle and at home San Diego merits a challenge.

If I tell you Marvin Harrison this year is not leading in receptions, yards and yard per game in the Colts receiving core, would you believe it? Reggie Wayne has the honors. However, Harrison is the man receiving 8 touchdown passes whereas Wayne has only 4. Those who talk about Brady over Manning must realise one man cannot win championship. Manning this year has what he never had before "Defence".

This Week, Giants, Boys, Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers had their good November Game. Hard luck for Carolina, Washington, lost to Chicago, Raiders. The Jags overcame a gritty Tenn. Didn't watch the Tampa vs Atlanta game. Don't know how Atlanta lost.

Go Colts!!

Faceoff
November 21, 2005, 02:14 PM
Dallas Cowboys vs Denver Broncos
Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving), 3:15 P.M. (Central)

A great match-up between two proud orgranizations. Denver may be the second best team after colts. And for the cows what I can say other than' How 'bout them Cowboys' :)

Beamer
November 21, 2005, 02:45 PM
Cats_eys

Conveniently forgetting Colts next opponent the Steelers? We don't merit any attention? Ben will be playing..enough of this Tommy Maddox joker who lost us two games this year. Will be a great match. Don't take us lightly though I believe Colts will beat us and will win the Superbowl . I don't see any team at the moment who can challenge the Colts...

akabir77
November 21, 2005, 03:04 PM
I don't like colts... I am going to support who ever is playing them... Since they stopped our dream in the playoff two yrs back when kc was 15-1.

Tigers_eye
November 21, 2005, 03:26 PM
Beginning of the season even after 5/6 weeks I pinpointed the game stealers vs colts. Till then all I hear is so and so in the stealers camp got hurt and out for 6/7 weeks or for the season. Too many rotation in a spot hurts chemistry. Ben manages the game well, however, it is an indoor game and I think the colts are too focused.

When P Manning had a 2-14 season I still supported him. can't quit on him now :)
The KC team going 15-1 had a game to forget.

Tigers_eye
November 29, 2005, 01:42 PM
Bill Cowher lost his first ever monday night game as a Pitt head coach in 14 years. Yes, the colts are that good 11-0.

Dallas, Giants lost heartbreakers. The Bengals and Chicago are for real. Good loss for Houston (blowing 21 point lead). They can pick Reggie Bush in the next years draft, lol.

Dec 24, 2005 Kansas City vs Chargers will be knockout game. Whoever loses will not have a post season.

Fazal
December 5, 2005, 10:08 AM

Thanks but no thanks. Atleast not this year.

Faceoff
December 5, 2005, 10:14 AM

Thanks but no thanks. Atleast not this year.

Have faith brother. We shall overcome these hurdles. :)

Tehsin
December 6, 2005, 12:15 AM
As it turns out, i still want Skins to win the rest of their matches. It's a dilemma for me cause I also like the Cowboys. Ki kori aami ki kori aami, ki ki ki ki kori ?

Faceoff
December 6, 2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Tehsin
As it turns out, i still want Skins to win the rest of their matches. It's a dilemma for me cause I also like the Cowboys. Ki kori aami ki kori aami, ki ki ki ki kori ?

Its a no brainer bro. You should go with the 'Americas Team' :)

Tigers_eye
December 14, 2005, 12:42 PM
Its a no brainer bro. You should go with the 'Americas Team' :)
Dallas's post season has already started. They have to win every game from now on. I hope they do, except in the super bowl against the Colts.

Colts (13-0) will play their starters on meaning less games may be few series and then pull them. They have locked home court and the superbowl is in a Dome (detroit). :fire:

bad news for New England, Denver, Cinci :) and Seattle.

Fazal
December 14, 2005, 02:22 PM
[Dallas's post season has already started. They have to win every game from now on. I hope they do, except in the super bowl against the Colts.

... and after they loose with Washington Deadskins they will be playing pre-season games for next year.

Fazal
December 19, 2005, 10:54 AM

... and after they loose with Washington Deadskins they will be playing pre-season games for next year.

<b>Cowboy 7 Redskin 35.... </b>

... ops hi hi e ki holo:lol:

Tigers_eye
December 21, 2005, 04:13 PM
<b>Cowboy 7 Redskin 35.... </b>

... ops hi hi e ki holo:lol:
Ki ar hobey Dallas'er 2006-07 preseason suru hoiya gasey. Ato gula close game harsey. The one with Deadskin at home loss "omargonio".
Shala Colts ra harlo ki bhabey? gelo amar perfect season'er shopno gelo.

sadi
December 21, 2005, 04:55 PM
Go giants.......... get those redskin again :D

Tehsin
December 22, 2005, 07:56 PM
Sadi .... Skins will turn Giants into dwarfs (allah allah kori) this Saturday.

If not, I'll buy you Aladdin's misty next time I come to NY. :)

sadi
December 23, 2005, 10:35 AM
haha..... don't worry I will bring you 36 rosogolla next time I come to virginia... :D

Fazal
December 24, 2005, 12:46 AM
So what is the deal then?

If Readskin wins, Sadi will buy us rosogolla (in Virginia) and if Giants win Tehsin will buy Aladdin's misty from NY for us?

Just let us know from where in VA we will pick up the misti?

sadi
December 27, 2005, 09:45 AM
haha........ you win either way huh....... :D

Tigers_eye
December 27, 2005, 10:05 AM
All the credit goes to me for openning this thread. Otherwise no rosogolla or Aladdin'er misty. Fazal bhai, u2u korey mailing address diyea dibo. I want my share but don't want to travel that far. :) olosh hoiya gesi.

Tehsin
January 1, 2006, 07:31 PM
Sadi ... I am awaiting my roshogolla.

We just beat Eagles (31-20) to go into the playoffs, woooooooohoooooooooooooooooo

I am surprised that we are on a 5 game winning streak (with the way we played). It'll take more then luck to win the next one against the Buccs. Any win from now on will be a bonus. I hope we get a better team for next years.

sadi
January 2, 2006, 02:55 AM
You can always pray for the best.... see u in the playoffs if you do win couple of games...

cricman
January 2, 2006, 12:22 PM
This is how the playoffs will go down

Giants will beat Carolina
Redskins will beat T.B

Giants beat Seattle
Redskins beat Bears

Giants beat Redskins

Giants beat IND/NE in Superbowl

Fazal
January 2, 2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by cricman

Gache Kathal Gophee Tel.:lol:

First let them win the first play-off game

sadi
January 3, 2006, 12:41 PM
Cricman er mukhe fulchondon poruk.... :up:

Tigers_eye
January 3, 2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by cricman
This is how the playoffs will go down

Giants will beat Carolina
Redskins will beat T.B

Giants beat Seattle
Redskins beat Bears

Giants beat Redskins

Pagoley koi ki?

1. Big brother little brother finals deri asey.

2. Alexander will out gain any NFC team.

3. Indi vs Pat, Indi vs Broncos will be at Indi so indi wins. Dome factor baby!!!

Edited on, January 3, 2006, 10:32 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

cricman
January 3, 2006, 05:24 PM
2. Alexander will out gain any NFC team.

I think Tiki can out gain seattle and we had seattle beat last time our damn kicker blew 3 field goals. Plus Eli had a good game vs seattle last time too 350 yds 2 TD.

Just gotta get past carolina first.

Fazal
January 3, 2006, 05:40 PM
Looks like if P. Manning is the Gucci bag from Macy, E. Manning is the fake Gucci bag from Chinatown.

Tigers_eye
January 4, 2006, 09:24 AM
Dad Manning walmart'er kagojer thonga?

cricman
January 8, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'll stop making football predictions

sadi
January 9, 2006, 10:08 AM
I will take a break from watching football.

Fazal
January 9, 2006, 10:39 AM
So looks like E. Manning is "Fal-na"....
Not even "P. Manning" look-like "Khel-na".

sadi
January 9, 2006, 11:51 AM
haha... Lion pore khade, rat o oke mare. :embaressed:

Tigers_eye
January 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
Giants are heading in the right direction. They are missing experience and one or 2 key players. But home shut out will be hard to overcome and will hang around next season a bit.

Cincy losing was a good thing for Indy. Pitt would be an easy prey for them. "Bus"-ride ends here.

Patriots-Broncos will be a heavy weight fight. Bronco's did not lose at home this season. Pats defending champs.

Washington had a great year after a sorry start. Joe Gibbs can still coach. Its show time for Alexander, the Bama back. He will end Tehsin's dream.

Beamer
January 11, 2006, 04:08 PM
Giants are heading in the right direction. They are missing experience and one or 2 key players. But home shut out will be hard to overcome and will hang around next season a bit.

Cincy losing was a good thing for Indy. Pitt would be an easy prey for them. "Bus"-ride ends here.

Patriots-Broncos will be a heavy weight fight. Bronco's did not lose at home this season. Pats defending champs.

Washington had a great year after a sorry start. Joe Gibbs can still coach. Its show time for Alexander, the Bama back. He will end Tehsin's dream.

Easy Prey??!!..not so sure. We are going to lose probably but by no means Steelers will be an easy prey. Thats ok. We prefer the heavy underdog status anyway. Unlike the last game, this time around Ben is healthy and so is the starting left tackle. It might not be enough but NO EASY PREY...

Tigers_eye
January 11, 2006, 04:40 PM
You are right, Pitt may not be that easy but consider this from Indy's stand point. Pitt? New England? which one is harder to prepare for?

Just like Cincy, if anything happens to Payton Manning, E James, or M Harrison early in the game anything is possible. I am a Bus and an Indy fan. He was suppose to end his career 4 seasons back. Yet he is still going. I can't lose either way.

al Furqaan
January 15, 2006, 06:23 PM
the steel curtain has snuffed out the indianapolis ghoras, lol

didn't watch the game, haven't watched many football games since Jevon Kearse left Tennessee.

my thoughts on the season so far (given my limited NFL knowledge):

1) Indy losing has sadly proved a jinx. think about this. in 98 Minnesota went 15-1, only to NOT reach the superbowl. the next year, Jacksonville went 15-0 (including the playoffs) against teams not named Titans, they lost both reg season matchups against above titans and the AFC championship game to them at home as well. last year the Steelers went 15-1 only to lose to the Brady Bunch (thank God they lost this year). now the colts, who were supposed to join the 72 dolphins to go 16-0, were just a coach's son's suicide away from implosion i guess.

2) I mentioned it above, thank God the Pats lost. what a boring arse team. and then won year after goddamn year.

3) the texans have said they will take reggie bush, although what they need is a darn O-line. whoever NO gets, I hope the Titans get Vince Young.

4) The Bengals will be a force to reckon with for years.

5) Will Shaun Alexander follow Jamal Lewis, Priest Holmes, and Terrell Davis, not to mention Jamal Anderson? all these backs had breakout years only to have terrible seasons the very next year.

al Furqaan
January 15, 2006, 06:25 PM
I was a Bettis fan as well. I also was a fan of Kordell Stewart.

cricman
January 15, 2006, 07:59 PM
the wildest playoff game i've ever seen in my life! the refs were against the steelers, but if big ben doesent make that tackle, then indy wins

Beamer
January 16, 2006, 03:21 PM
Cats_eye : Ha ha..it looked like Peyton was the "easy prey", running for his dear life as he was getting smacked around by Joey Porter and co.

This ref was some piece of work though. Shannon Sharpe said after the game that his name is really "archie manning ", not pete morelli..

Anyway..doesn't matter. We are moving on and they are going home. Its gonna be tough beating Denver at home after they sent Brady bunch home early. I like my chances though..GO STEELERS !!!

Tigers_eye
January 17, 2006, 09:15 AM
Hats off to Pitt defensive co-ordinator. Shutting out in the first quarter, just shows what a game plan he had.

Big Ben, can't say enough about him. I thought he was over rated. After that tackle he has the heart to play NFL. Bus ride still going unbelievable.

For Indy, I have no words. At home, playing for Tony, Knowing pats were out could not have gone any better except the game.

P Manning, was a class act all year long, actually his entire career, but blaming the offensive line after the game was not a wise thing to do. Playing catch-up I know but 16-36 rush-pass is not a balanced offense. Offensive co-ordinator is to be blamed for it.

I think Denver and Seattle will play at Detroit. Would be a great game. Shanahan should get his props.

sadi
January 17, 2006, 11:02 AM
Wow... what a game.... Indy could have won the game if Ben doesn't tackle the fumble... Indy could have won the game if the receiver could catch the ball in the last min when it was 2nd and 2....... but Steelers won.... They deserved it

Fazal
January 17, 2006, 12:20 PM
So looks like E. Manning is "Fal-na"....
Not even "P. Manning" look-like "Khel-na".

Thukku,

Now it Looks like

E. Manning is "Fal-na"
Without protection, P. Manning is "Khel-na"
Ben is like fresh hawah from khola "Jal-na"

Papa Manning should adopt Ben as his son.

Tehsin
January 19, 2006, 12:00 AM
Of all the QBs we could have picked, we got an old has been, who really doesn't know how to throw a decent pass. He also loves to run back towards his end for no reason whatsoever.

sadi
January 19, 2006, 11:07 AM
what do you guys think about Jets giving Eric Mangini the head coaching job? :o

Fazal
January 19, 2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by sadi

Doomed for failure.

Tigers_eye
January 19, 2006, 11:55 AM
It would take atleast two years to build that program. need quality personal every where, offense and defense. If they can somehow get Reggie Bush that would be a big step. They may end up with Matt Lienart. I like the Memphis Running back De'angelo Williams. I think he is meant for NFL and better than the other USC running back.

sadi
January 19, 2006, 12:56 PM
They can't get Reggie Bush... Jets have the number 4 pick and Texans will get Bush. I wish they had lost the last game. Atleast they could have tried for Vince Young but I don't think they will get either of them.

Tigers_eye
January 19, 2006, 01:02 PM
They can't get Reggie Bush... Jets have the number 4 pick and Texans will get Bush.
Trade is always an option. It all depends what do they have to give up to get him. Then there is free agency to acquire a decent offensive line. Reggie is Barry Sanders like. Can run without a decent offensive line. But if he has a decent line, look out. 2000 yard would be piece of cake and jets can control the clock and the games.

Edited on, January 19, 2006, 6:02 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

sadi
January 19, 2006, 03:58 PM
I understand what you are saying. I really doubt texan will let him go though. I am more interested in qb as I am not too optimistic about Chad.

Faceoff
January 19, 2006, 05:17 PM
There is a good chance in Texans picking Vince as their no. 1!!!

sadi
January 20, 2006, 10:17 AM
I don't think so.... they have a pretty good QB and they won't go for Vince just because he is from texas.

Tigers_eye
January 20, 2006, 10:50 AM
I see Vince more like Randle Cunningham rather than Mick Vick. Definitely not like Brady or Manning. Speed of the defensive backs, ends and lines in NFL is a notch more than college. So Texans would be better off picking Reggie over Vince. Getting Vince does not solve the running game issues that they have. Also then has to trade Carr out then. No 1000 yard rusher this season. Reggie Bush is a perfect fit. However, the Head coach is a local guy and so is Vince. Both from Houston. If the Texans pick up their $8 million contract option on quarterback David Carr in March, then Bush will likely be the selection.

Fazal
January 20, 2006, 12:02 PM
Why do Jets need a QB ? I thought they had a pretty good one who was injured this season.

sadi
January 20, 2006, 12:04 PM
totally agree with you...... as much as I want Reggie Bush to come to Jets, I don't think it will happen.... I would be more than happy with young or leinart but I don't think anyone will let them go

sadi
January 23, 2006, 12:20 PM
Steelers vs Seahawks in Superbowl

Who you favor?

Go Steelers :up:

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 01:35 PM
Steelers vs Seahawks in Superbowl

Who you favor?

NY Giants.

ops ... they are out.

sadi
January 23, 2006, 02:14 PM
I know how you feel Fazal :lol:

Tigers_eye
January 23, 2006, 02:28 PM
Beamer! Where are you? Your Steelers has redefined 6th seed. The first 6th seed ever to get to the Super-bowl. I didn't give them enough credit but defensive coordinator should no longer stay with Pitts. He should start coaching as a head coach. Simply genius!! In two games two different game plans. Inflicting Broncos their 1st home loss in the season. May be this is the year Bill Cowher wins his 1st as a coach. 3 1/2 points favorites lol over Seahawks. Bus ride continues. Will he get one atlast?

Seahawks as predicted made it to the super bowl. Alexander is showing his class. A SEC back, what else you expect. :) Would be a good matchup.

Although I like the Bus, I think Seahawks will win it all. Coaching staff, running game, defense and special teams all matchup well with Pittsburg.

Beamer
January 23, 2006, 02:44 PM
Cats_eye: I am here, ecstatic and in a jubilant mood after last nights extended celebration! We have done it, made history and will win the ultimate prize. Big Ben is no average young QB. He is a winner. Our defense is playing lights out led by Porter and Polamalu and credit must go to Dick leBeau for different schemes he draws up every week. But, its the players that ultimately execute the game plan and they have been doing that to a tee so far. On both Offense and Defense, we are just unstoppable...

Le Beau doesn't want to be a head coach any more after stints with Bengals. Thats why he came back to the Steelers after a few years away in that position in Cincinnati ( DC and head coach ). However, we are certain to lose Whisenhunt as the Raiders are waiting for him. That will be a big loss. He is very much responsible for Big Ben's prematured but meteoric rise. But, as always, Cowher will find a suitable replacement from within the organization...

I will be heading to Detriot on Friday ( week of Superbowl )!
GO STEELERS!

sadi
January 24, 2006, 09:30 AM
Why do Jets need a QB ? I thought they had a pretty good one who was injured this season.

Thats the problem. He is quite good but injured most of the time.

Fazal
January 24, 2006, 03:24 PM
Thats the problem. He is quite good but injured most of the time.

So you are saying he is another Mashrafee.

Looks like we should also draft a FB also.

sadi
January 25, 2006, 09:22 AM
I wish we could do that.... they have the option... we dun

Fazal
February 1, 2006, 03:36 PM
This sunday I will support Seatle Seahawks.

Even though none of these team is my team, so in real sense I don't care that much. However for fun, I am picking Seatle.

I hope to see a good and competative game.

Tigers_eye
February 2, 2006, 11:33 AM
Although I like the Bus, I think Seahawks will win it all. Coaching staff, running game, defense and special teams all matchup well with Pittsburg.
Let the game begin.

Flipper
February 5, 2006, 07:44 PM
Hey touchdown of the series!

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2006, 12:29 AM
Done! Its the stealers! Welldone Bettis and co.

Hines Ward had two great catch. Every one chipped in. Seahawks interception was costly. The refs weren't sharp. Bad call on the touchdown pass. Steve young in the half time analysis clearly said that it was a touchdown. Anyways, I am just glad to someone other than Tom Brady hoisting the lombardi trophy.

sadi
February 6, 2006, 10:06 AM
looked like referees wanted stealers to win.....

Faceoff
February 6, 2006, 12:02 PM
One of the worst superbowl in recent times. Ben R had the record low QB rating (around 22) in the superbowl for a winning team but his team cruised to victory. The best throw of the game was made by A. Randel L. to Hines Ward for the touchdown. Holmgreen was pathetic in this game. Hasselbeck had a good game but his team let him down with the penalties and dropped catches.

Beamer
February 6, 2006, 01:04 PM
Our defense did it for us this time. Ben had a real bad game. A testament to the defense that we held the hawks for only 10 points. Ben was instrumental in our win throughout the playoffs. He got us there. Defense won it this time. They picked him up last night. Just a great win...

sadi
February 6, 2006, 01:58 PM
i feel bad for seahawks... they were better team yesterday but penalty just killed them... and the decisions that went against them didn't help either

Faceoff
February 7, 2006, 04:36 PM
Roethlisberger admits: 'I don't think I got in'

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5313884