PDA

View Full Version : 2005-06 NBA Season Thread

Tigers_eye
November 4, 2005, 10:13 AM
Can anyone takeaway the ring from Texas? San-Antonio, Dallas and Houston all three title contenders from the west.
I don't see anyone from the west challenging those 3 teams. By the way, do we have anyone who thinks LA making it to the playoffs? I mean Clippers :)

East: Indiana, Detroit, Miami. Nets, Cleveland are not there yet.

Too early but my predictions Dunkin donuts hoists the trophy again by beating Indiana or Detroit. (barring injury)

What do you guys predict?

Edited on, November 4, 2005, 3:21 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Tigers_eye
November 4, 2005, 10:14 AM
Milwaukee or Chicago can surprize everyone in the east.
MVP T. Duncan or L. James
Defensive player of the year: R. Artest
Finals MVP T. Duncan.

Edited on, November 4, 2005, 3:19 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Tehsin
November 13, 2005, 06:12 PM
Went to the Wizards vs Spurs game. Duncan was awful but the game was beautiful, three reasons.

Reason one - Wizards ran away with a 110-95 win after being neck and neck for three qtrs.

Reason two - 43 point game for Gilbert Arenas. He was amazing.

Reason three - see for yourself:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20051113/i/r502224682.jpg

She was there to support her 'man' Tony Parker (Spurs).

cricman
November 14, 2005, 01:00 AM
the knicks got there first win today whew! thought they'd never win one

Tigers_eye
November 14, 2005, 09:55 AM
Reason three: The dance squad or Eva Long...?? :)

begining of the season grade:
East Central: Dang!! The lowest team Chicago (60%)has a better than everyone in the east (except Washington). Detroit flexing musles early.
Atlanta needs TO. :)

West: Houston having a slow start as usual. San Antanio and Dallas leading.

Only 3 teams in the west has 2 loses whereas east has 6.

Mahir
November 14, 2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by cricman
the knicks got there first win today whew! thought they'd never win one

lol... the feeling is about the same, if not worse, for the poor raptors! When will these Raps get their first win of the season... last game was so close, but... 0-6 start to the season.

Solution : New GM and Coach... they stunk last year and they have started this year on the same fashion... don't know why they have still been kept at the helm!

Tigers_eye
November 16, 2005, 11:29 AM
The Raptors will get a win in this season no doubt. They may finish forth in their Atlantic division. :) They are only four games behind the play-off spot lol.

Tigers_eye
November 22, 2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
lol... the feeling is about the same, if not worse, for the poor raptors! When will these Raps get their first win of the season... last game was so close, but... 0-6 start to the season.
Breathe easy! :)
Toronto 107, Miami 94
Now Atlanta is on the watch.

Tigers_eye
November 28, 2005, 01:53 PM
Who would have known Houston starting 3-11. Van gundy is in trouble. They were suppose to be a contender this season.

I love it. LA Lakers are in the last place of their Pacific division. :clap: 5-7. I just want to know what Kobe thinks of Shaq now? Those rings that he got, he need to engrave "I played with Shaq" in it. All those open looks came because of the double teaming of Shaq that is the truth.

Hotlanta!!! 2 in a row impressive. Joe "my main man" Johnson on fire.

Go Clips Go!!! 9-4. Sam "I am" Cassell nasty 12 footer.

Tigers_eye
December 5, 2005, 11:25 AM
East: Atlantic Division leader winning percentage of .444 (Philly) - They should not be allowed to participate in the playoffs if they don't have a winning record. In baseball good teams can't make it to the wild card. In NBA bad teams can't stay away from the playoffs. BTW, toronto back to back wins, impressive.

Central Div. all have a winning record and may make the playoffs.

Southeast: Miami leading. Who would have thought Washington going back to old bullet days.

West:
Pacific: All I can say surprize, surprize!! Clips and Golden state 1-2 from the top. Lakers and Kings are 1-2 from the bottom. lol, love it.

Northwest: Minnesota. Denver is dissapointing many fans.

Southwest: Spurs, Memphis and Dallas. Houston is the biggest flop.

Tigers_eye
December 14, 2005, 01:07 PM
I love NBA. So much so, that I wanted this thread to be my 1000 post :)

Individuals:
Currently, King James is going nuts. He just poured 52 the other day and followed it with a 39. MVP he is. Selfish Kobe don't want to be outdone. 2nd in scoring with 31.4. However he is attempting 7 more shots than his previous years. His shoting percentage, 3 point (27.8%), free throws, rebound, assists, blocks all are down. Personal fouls went up.
My main man Iverson is quitely putting up numbers that is MVP'ish. 33.7 points, 7.9 assist per game. Pound for pound he is the best in NBA.
And there is the normal people Duncan donuts, Garnett, and ofcourse Shaq daddy.

Teams:
Props to Detroit. It will be a great series in the conference finals against Miami. Flip has taken this team to another level.

And Pop and Spurs will deal with all the challenge east can throw at them.

Loving to see "Sam I am" taking clippers where no one could dream before. Mullin a true worrier, has put up a good cast. I like the Fisher add on.

I can't believe how Lakers are above .500. They are suppose to lose. I hope Artest don't end up here.

Houston getting her groove back. won 3 in a row. I have the utmost respect for Larry Brown. Taking a bunch of over paid losers and teaching them how to win. unbelievable.

Last but not least my Mavs are gearing up for the playoff already. I love A Johnson's defensive mentality. May be this their year.

Tigers_eye
December 21, 2005, 04:48 PM
Kobe 62 in 3 quarters. 18 out of 31 shots, 30 points in the 3rd quarter alone. Still this is not an NBA record though. In 1978 George Gervin for San Antonio had 33 in one quarter, and Denver's David Thompson scored 32 in a quarter the same season, and Wilt Chamberlain 31 for Philadelphia in 1962, when he set the single-game NBA record with 100 points.
previously the highest in Staples center was scored by Shaq 61 in 2000.
Anywho, I don't like Kobe and hope they don't make the playoffs.

sadi
December 21, 2005, 04:53 PM
Go Kobe................. who you like cats_eye?

Tigers_eye
December 22, 2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by sadi
who you like cats_eye?
lol, anyone but Kobe. Even Dennis Rodman :) is better.

No doubt Kobe is a great player but he is not the savior as they potray. The rings that he got was for a second fiddle role, just a helping hand of Shaq. All the wide look jumpers was because of the double/triple teaming down low on shaq.

From the current lot I like L James, Flash, Carmelo. From the old school still playing AI, Kidd, would love to see Garnett, Dunkin. The ones I saw playing who retired MJ, Magic, Bird, Hakim, Drexler, ... and spud webb.

sadi
December 22, 2005, 04:16 PM
L James is awesome. I think Kobe is a great player and so is Shaq. Cant wait to see who wins when they play each other on christmas day.

Tigers_eye
December 27, 2005, 04:45 PM
There you have it Sadi - Miami won 97-92.

NBA experience: In 1994, drove 9 hours to watch the Dream (Hakim) play at Houston I think it was against the Washington bullets. He scored 41 points and we were all cheering MVP at the stands. It was late in the season. He had moves smooth as silk and unstoppable. Horry was great, cassell, mad max, kenny, thorpe was in the starting line up.

Close encounter: Michael coming to Dallas in '98 with evengence. The ticket price was too high. Scottie Pippen went to my school (University of Central Arkansas - UCA) saw him practice several summers in our Gym.

Pay to see: If I could I would have loved to see Mr. Indiana Big "O" Oscar Robertson and Wilt Chamberline play.

Best of the best: It has to be MJ. Total package.

sadi
December 29, 2005, 11:06 AM
Knicks sucks so bad I am horrified to watch them play. I wish we had Miami's bench player in our starting lineup. LOL.

Tigers_eye
January 4, 2006, 04:15 PM
Calling all Laker haters:
Much to my delight they are back to below .500, lost 5 in a row and out of Playoff picture. The season is long though and Kobe is out. Who knows what will happen when he returns. Lakers trying to get Ron Artest but the pacers wants more in exchange.

Eastern conference hottest team is New Jersey. Won 8 in a row. Western hottest team is non other Utah lol. 5 in a row two against who else, LA Lakers. :)

Det still 25-4, San Antonio 25-7, Dallas 24-8 rest who cares?

al Furqaan
January 15, 2006, 06:29 PM
not a fan of kobe...although his game is like a mirror image of MJ. anyone else notice that?

Tigers_eye
January 23, 2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by al Furqaan
not a fan of kobe...although his game is like a mirror image of MJ. anyone else notice that?
Sorry can't attest to that. MJ was a team player, more of a leader, made others around him better, practice was more important than the real game itself to him, all about striving to win championships. If he had a player half of Shaq in his team he wouldn't let him go at any cost.

Kobe on the other hand can't share the spot light with anyone else. Got Shaq out of LA. Now has problem with Odom. Last night he scored 81 in 4 quarters against Toronto. Ball Hog. Demands the ball everytime they go down the quort. Some of the points he scored when the game was practically over, unnecessary!! Show off. Only two assist??

Anyways more power to Kobe. Cause this way he can only keep his wife happy and can only watch the championship games from his couch. Shaping up to be just like his dad.

sadi
January 23, 2006, 12:19 PM
you really hate Kobe... don't you?

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 01:50 PM
you really hate Kobe... don't you?

me too.... talented no doubt ... but can't stand that weirdo

sadi
January 23, 2006, 02:15 PM
and 81 points in a game doesn't help either

Faceoff
January 23, 2006, 02:16 PM
Mavs finally caught the spurs :)

Tigers_eye
January 23, 2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by faceoff
Mavs finally caught the spurs :)
To be honest with you I am really not worried about Spurs. Dallas matches up well with Spurs and already beat them this season. My worry is Phoenix. With stoudemire back they will be hard to handle. Home court or no, Phoenix has the goods. Playing without their best player and winning this many games is unbelievable. Can't think of D. Nowitzki or T. Duncan sitting and their team performing like this.

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 02:45 PM
and 81 points in a game doesn't help either

Actually I am happy that he did 81.

These kind of 81 points by one players will do more harm than good to the team. He will be more and more isolated within his own team.

This is not necessarily good news for Lakers fans, if they think seriously.

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 06:18 PM
GO MIAMI :bravo::bravo::bravo:

cricman
January 23, 2006, 06:39 PM
Team was down 17 points, and he scores leads his team to a 20 point victory.

81 points, are the lakers a team? nobody(odom sometimes) is good. Kobe keep shooting! maybe when he plays the knicks(No defense) he'll get another 75-80 or even a 100

sadi
January 24, 2006, 09:25 AM
Team was down 17 points, and he scores leads his team to a 20 point victory.

81 points, are the lakers a team? nobody(odom sometimes) is good. Kobe keep shooting! maybe when he plays the knicks(No defense) he'll get another 75-80 or even a 100

How mean! True though... hehe :o

[Edited on 24-1-2006 by sadi]

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2006, 09:45 AM
If Kobe can score 60+ against the Knicks I'll stop posting on this thread. Knicks are a better defensive team and they have wide bodies unlike Toronto. But Kobe can score 60+ against Phoenix and still lose cause the style phoenix play. They probably will have 150 on the Lakers.

Anyways, this years MVP award will go to Kobe. Although, Nash, Nowitzki, Billups would contend for it. Back in the early days the best player of the winningest team use to get the MVP. The only exception was MJ in 1987-88. three players have 5 times gotten the MVP. MJ, Bill Russel, Karim Abdul Jabbar. Kobe does not have any. Wouldn't get any as long as Shaq was around. So....

sadi
January 24, 2006, 03:02 PM
I think you should give him some credit for scoring 81. It's not easy to score to 81 or else Iverson would have scored 80 every other night as he also take so many shots like Kobe.

Fazal
January 24, 2006, 03:27 PM
The way NBA and the referee protect the superstars, it’s becoming a joke like wrestling. The superstars can mug the ball without any fouls being called and if you touch the super star, the whistle blows right away.

NBA is a joke.... and the commissioner & Kobe are the two jokers.

[Edited on 24-1-2006 by Fazal]

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2006, 04:16 PM
I think you should give him some credit for scoring 81. It's not easy to score to 81 or else Iverson would have scored 80 every other night as he also take so many shots like Kobe.
I gave him enough credit for scoring 81 by saying he will be the MVP. What more do you want me to say :)

To make Sadi happy: Kobe is a great scorer. noone has scored 81 except wilt chamberline. who remembers second?

To make Sadi unhappy: Kobe is not the greatest scorer ever to lace on sneakers. heck not even in the top 5.
1. Wilt Chamberline (Once he averaged 50+ in an entire season) (with averaging 22 rebounds per game as side-dish-same season)
2. Michael (career ave over 30+ per game)
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar (38,387 points)
4. Shaq (Most dominant center of all time)
5. Hakim (I saw him live in his prime, the word unstoppable dream shaker was created for him)

[Edited on 24-1-2006 by Cats_eye]

sadi
January 25, 2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
I gave him enough credit for scoring 81 by saying he will be the MVP. What more do you want me to say :)

To make Sadi happy: Kobe is a great scorer. noone has scored 81 except wilt chamberline. who remembers second?

To make Sadi unhappy: Kobe is not the greatest scorer ever to lace on sneakers. heck not even in the top 5.
1. Wilt Chamberline (Once he averaged 50+ in an entire season) (with averaging 22 rebounds per game as side-dish-same season)
2. Michael (career ave over 30+ per game)
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar (38,387 points)
4. Shaq (Most dominant center of all time)
5. Hakim (I saw him live in his prime, the word unstoppable dream shaker was created for him)

lol... I wasn't saying he is the greatest scorer ever... I would still prefer Jordan over him anytime... thats not the issue... its just that I feel like you guys are too prejudiced about him and not giving him enough credit... yeah true he wants the spotlight and the stardom... but who doesn't?

cricman
January 25, 2006, 08:16 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon still gives shaq nightmares about 1995

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2006, 11:26 AM
3 teams are 9-1 in last ten games. Detroit, Dallas, Denver. All starts with "D". :)

Artest for Stojakovic. A win-win situation for both teams. Kobittami ektu kombey. Couple of hard fouls should do it. Go Kings against Lakers.

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hakeem Olajuwon still gives shaq nightmares about 1995
So does Sir Charles Barkley. In his Alabama bully-days, against Houston, Barkley, the All-american superstar said that every time he would get the rock would dunk on Hakeem. 1st five times he had the ball he tried 5 dunks. Hakeem had 5 blocks. The rest is history. :)

Edited on, January 26, 2006, 4:34 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

sadi
January 26, 2006, 12:26 PM
Two breaking news

1. Artest going to Sacramento
2. Isiah Thomas is screwed :P

Any thoughts?

Tigers_eye
January 30, 2006, 11:59 AM
NBA's new winning formula. winning 72 games in 82 matches had been done by only 1 Chicago bulls team (39-3). The closest to that was Lakers 69 wins (39-3), and bulls 68 (37-5), 70 (37-5) wins seasons. Current Detroit team is a little off that pace. they are 37-5 in half season (42 games). All the teams mentioned above were better or equal half way through. The only other team who had a better stat was Philly's 66-67 team who had 38-4.

Each and every team except the current Detroit team had 1-3 superstars who could take over a game when ever they wanted. This Detroit team don't have those mega super stars yet have achieved the similar feat by team play and role play. This is the new formula of winning.

Last night they beat Kobe's Lakers team. All 5 starters had double figure scoring. 6th man McDyess had 9 points and 10 rebounds in 17 minutes. On the other hand Kobe the selfish king, scored 39 in 8-18 shooting below 50% as usual. This season no one in that team (except the ball hog) scores in double figure. I don't mind Kobe shooting lights out but ill advised comments bother be. After the loss this is what he said about the Detroit pistons.

"They just have more sets now and more options," Bryant said. "They are looser."

We all know who the loser is. In reply Rashid Wallace said, "What rivalry?" Rasheed Wallace asked. "It might have been one back in the day with Joe D, Magic, Kareem and those guys."

That's how kick rear.:clap::clap::clap:

Tigers_eye
January 30, 2006, 05:22 PM
Did anyone catch Lebron James's highlight last night? In 6 seconds he blocked a shot from behind took the ball went 100 feet, head faked and then dunked. That was late in the game and in a crucial moment. This is what he said about the play, "That play was very key," James said. "I just wanted to make a play to try and take the life out of them a little bit."

Thats what he did with his 44 points 11 rebounds and 6 assists. They won against phoenix 113-106.
King James taking over (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AlZ6OWkxXU0tlcbzOyq3yvo5nYcB?gid=200601 2905&prov=ap)

Edited on, January 30, 2006, 10:23 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Reason: Added link

zakir
January 30, 2006, 06:26 PM
I took my son last Friday to the Piston-Memphis game.
Piston was awesome in the 4th quarter. I think they
have the best starting five in NBA right now (Rashid, Chaunsey, Ben Wallace, Hamilton, and Prince). Piston may break the Chicago record of 72 wins this year.

Go Piston

Fazal
January 30, 2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by zakir
I think they
have the best starting five in NBA right now (Rashid, Chaunsey, Ben Wallace, Hamilton, and Prince). Piston may break the Chicago record of 72 wins this year.

Go Piston

And for Wizards fans, the sad part of it is they could have the core of that team (60%). They gave up on them too early.:(

cricman
January 30, 2006, 07:52 PM
why do u guys hate kobe?

Fazal
January 31, 2006, 10:02 AM
why do u guys hate kobe?

Here are some possible clues I guess

1. He is not a team player.

2. He is not friendly with fans like other superstars

3. He cannot give good and intellegent interviews like shak or others

4. He collided with other fan favorites like Shak and the coach

5. He doesn't mix with other players beyond the game.

6. He is a selfish player

7. He is accused of rape. He admit the incident but denied the rape charge.

8. To cover-up and divert his extra marital affairs, he claimed that Shak and other also have same issue in public. Its a NO NO. But it tells his mentaility, he will drag down anybody so save his own a[][].

9. He is not so good looking to say it in a Pleasant manner :P

10. he is a loner.

hey ... I didn't want to open my mouth, but its you who wnated to know.

Edited on, January 31, 2006, 3:20 PM GMT, by Fazal.

cricman
January 31, 2006, 04:43 PM
in other news, how many points will kobe pop on the knicks tonight?

Tigers_eye
February 3, 2006, 05:43 PM
in other news, how many points will kobe pop on the knicks tonight?
The lakers managed a total of 79 against the Pacers. That includes Kobe's 26 points. A good defensive team will do that. Unlike against Toronto (who may lose against Duke) - a team with no defense, where Kobe had his way.

cricman
February 4, 2006, 10:56 AM
Isiah Thomas is a _______________!!!!, If he doesent get fired or if the knicks continue playing like __________. I can almost guarantee you

A) Chants of Refund
B) Chants of Fire Thomas
C) Chants of Patrick Ewing and Jeff Van Gundy tommorow vs the Rockets

sadi
February 6, 2006, 10:08 AM
they just suck man..... I don't know if Jalen Rose can help this team....

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2006, 10:18 AM
Knicks have one of the top payrolls. (dumb contracts and trade) Talent wise they have very few. Age wise they have a young core. Larry brown can't make this team competitive with this talent. They need a roster cleanup. not very many Labrone is coming out of college or High school. So no light at the end of the tunnel. Its dark and bleek.

Good news, Lakers dropped 3 in a row. Clipps 11 game over .500 first time ever in their history.

Mavs having a 11 game winning streak still could not overtake Spurs who has a 10-1 run in the same period. Detroit is still rolling, time to time Heat plays enough to keep a distance from the third team in the east. nice to see rockets winning 3 in a row.

cricman
February 6, 2006, 05:15 PM
They need a roster cleanup. not very many Labrone is coming out of college or High school. So no light at the end of the tunnel. Its dark and bleek.

LeBron, any way stupid thomas traded our draft picks for the next 2 years so we can't even draft.

al Furqaan
February 8, 2006, 01:17 PM
Sorry can't attest to that. MJ was a team player, more of a leader, made others around him better, practice was more important than the real game itself to him, all about striving to win championships. If he had a player half of Shaq in his team he wouldn't let him go at any cost.

Kobe on the other hand can't share the spot light with anyone else. Got Shaq out of LA. Now has problem with Odom. Last night he scored 81 in 4 quarters against Toronto. Ball Hog. Demands the ball everytime they go down the quort. Some of the points he scored when the game was practically over, unnecessary!! Show off. Only two assist??

Anyways more power to Kobe. Cause this way he can only keep his wife happy and can only watch the championship games from his couch. Shaping up to be just like his dad.

cats_eye bhai,

i was speaking more in terms of a biomechanical, aesthetic manner.

when you watch kobe drain a jumper, look over at the defender or scorers table, while trotting backwards on D, it looks straight up like MJ.

MJ used to do the same thing. kobe is copy-catting him. he wishes to dominate the game like MJ.

but yes, he is not a team player and doesn't make his teamates better (just more angry at him).

but more than any other player, he physically resembles mike. his shooting form, his drives, the way he arches his back when facing away from the basket. that was all vintage Jordan.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2006, 01:07 PM
when you watch kobe drain a jumper, look over at the defender or scorers table, while trotting backwards on D, it looks straight up like MJ.

MJ used to do the same thing. kobe is copy-catting him. he wishes to dominate the game like MJ...

but more than any other player, he physically resembles mike. his shooting form, his drives, the way he arches his back when facing away from the basket. that was all vintage Jordan.
Yes Sir,
He tries to Copy MJ no doubt. Even his the tongue wagging is compared to MJ tongue streches during dunks.

The Next MJ:
There won't be a next MJ. but the closest anyone get to or in line is Kobe. Even MJ singled out him and Carter (N carolina connection) but said Kobe is a better defender on the ball.

The most dominating player right now has to be Shaq, Amare Stoudemire is not far from him. Then there are the rest.

The most exciting players are Steve Nash (may get the MVP this year too) and Jason Kidd.

Players challenging Kobe for offensive performance: AI, King James, T mac and Wade.

Complete player Must be KG, "Mr. can do it all".

Complete teams East Detroit, West Dallas.

cricman
February 9, 2006, 08:46 PM
Rumor Has it that Thomas is going to trade Channing Frye. If that happens then ....

Tigers_eye
February 10, 2006, 01:28 PM
Calling upon Mavs and Faceoff.

13-0 winning streak. Finally half a game above Spurs. four of the next five is at home. then at Memphis, Toronto, Phoenix and Spurs.

4 detroit players sits in All star bench. wow!!

West All star forwards:
Duncan Starter.
Then Dirk,
KG,
Elton,
Gasol. Who do you play?

The general will have hard time accomodating people some playing time. (Avery Johnson) The other reserves are Ray Allen, Shawn Marion and Tony Parker.

West line up
Yao, T Duncan, T Mac, Kobe and Nash. I hope Nash don't pass it to Kobe.

East line up
Shaquille O'Neal, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Jermaine O'Neal, Allen Iverson. Bench pistons 4 players, Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce and Vince Carter.

In Paper west is just too good. However, I am sure Saunders will put all of his guys together and they play team game so anything can happen.

Faceoff
February 10, 2006, 03:57 PM
I am trying not to get too excited and hope our team does the same. Keep on improving on the defensive end and we should go the all the way inshallah.

GO MAVERICKS !!

mshakir56
February 11, 2006, 11:19 PM
Any Pistons fans in here?

Shakalaka
February 12, 2006, 04:16 AM
Mavericks Fan For Life!!

GO MAVS!

Tigers_eye
March 1, 2006, 10:40 AM
All star weekend is over. 5 teams have seperated themselves from the rest of the pack.

Detroit (east)
Dallas (west)
San Antonio (west)
Phoenix (west - surprising without their best post player)
Miami (east)

Pretenders: Cleveland (east)
New Jersey (east)
Clippers (west - wow! never would have thought that I would say something like this for the clippers)

Dissapointed: Minnesota, Houston, Golden States, Chicago and somewhat Washington.

Very Happy: LA Lakers in the 8 position. All we need is some to knock them further down.

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2006, 10:21 AM
Well all the early season talk of detroit bettering Bulls 72 wins has died down quickly. The fact of the matter is San Antonio is only one game off and Dallas only two off Detroit. I think Detroit just got bored and now there are two teams who are at their heals and they cannot shake them off. Miami 10 - 0 run is still not a treat to Detroit's supremacy in the East. Phoenix is surprizing playing beyond everyone's expectation. Still 5/6 games behind Spurs and Mavs.

Kobe is still lighting up the scoreboard but LA remains in 8 place. The slow start of Sacremanto (9) and Houston (10) is hurting their playoff chances. T Mac is injured again. 76's have gained ground on the nets. Only two games back behind the divisional leaders.

pagol-chagol
March 31, 2006, 12:22 PM
Pistons will turn it up couple of notches in the playoffs and leave others in the dust.

Take it to the bank.

Tigers_eye
March 31, 2006, 12:48 PM
What's the name of the bank? I need to cash the checks right away. Other banks may delay. Piston team is an all-star team. However this is Flip Sanders 1st year with these group of players. Pops (San Antonio) have a big advantage on him in coaching in the NBA finals. We'll see.

Albanycrew
March 31, 2006, 06:27 PM
Yea..... it should be interesting. Nets are playing some good basketball lately. But at the end may not be enough to beat the pistons. Their starting lineup has been playing together for way too long .... no wonder why they keep getting better. But what the hell happened to the Knicks!!!!! If you look at their players, hall fame coach and the money they are spending, you would think they would be a decent team. What a terrible season.... Isiah gotta call it a quit and let someone new take over.

Tigers_eye
April 7, 2006, 04:04 PM
Correct 14 in a row now for the nets. jeferson scored 40+ in the last game. wow! three headed mosnter. Jason Kidd, Vince, and Jefferson. Detroit must not overlook them. Miami is still hanging around. Cavs the other team would be the winners of the first round.

Nice matchup coming up, Mavs and Spurs are going for the western homecourt fight, Lakers and Suns.

Four teams from the western division: Spurs, Mavs, Suns and Nuggets are the teams to move on to the second round. Almost playoff time.

Tigers_eye
April 17, 2006, 09:23 AM
Alright the 16 teams are in for the playoffs. Bulls and Sacramanto are the two last teams. :)

East:
Anyways, the interesting observation is in the east, all five teams from the central division has made it to the finals. wow!! May be first time in the history this has occured (with a 14-15 team in a conference). The pathetic part is half of the teams are .500 or below. In any other pro sports NHL, NFL or MLB this would be a joke.

West:
On the contrary Sacto the 8th seed in the west, has a record of .531 with one game remaining. And Utah with a .500 can not make the playoffs. They would have been a 5th seed if they were in the east. Amazing!!

I am banking on, Spurs and Mavs to put a show in the western conference finals. East goes through Detroit. Would love to see Kobe get beaten to pulp. Let the game begin.

Faceoff
April 17, 2006, 11:10 AM
Here is my 1st round upset prediction: Suns will loose to Lakers.

al Furqaan
April 17, 2006, 09:25 PM
shareef abdur-rahim ends his streak of missing the playoffs...several years ago he was one of the top 5 players in terms of games played w/out a play off appearance.

i was a huge fan of his, but now he warms the bench.

i really feel that miami with shaq, wade, and Zo, should be able to take detroit. but i dont know what their seed is.

out west, i like the suns, but san antonio and dallas have the records to beat. but i hate those 2 teams.

i am becoming a kobe fan, if just to see him score 80 again.

Tigers_eye
May 1, 2006, 12:03 PM
i really feel that miami with shaq, wade, and Zo, should be able to take detroit. but i dont know what their seed is.
OOOps!! Chicago just tied the series.

out west, i like the suns, but san antonio and dallas have the records to beat. but i hate those 2 teams.

i am becoming a kobe fan, if just to see him score 80 again.
Well you are getting your wish fulfilled. Kobe is leading the lakers to 3-1 series over the Suns. I guess he is taking it personally because of the MVP award went to Nash and not him.

Sacto is giving all that San Antonio can handle. Who knows Avery Johnson may turn out to be the Man. Go Dallas.

Detroit from the east is a lock.

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
Detroit, Miami, and nets advanced to the second round. Mavs and Clips are there already. Spurs and suns still have some unfinished business. Kobe's 50 meaned nothing as they were blown away in the OT by the suns. Game 7 Sat at phoenix. Few stats:
Lakers never lost a series leading 3-1. Phil never lost a series while leading. Phil has won the highest # of playoff games as a head coach in the history of the NBA. Phoenix never won a series after going down 3-1. So who is it going to be in game 7?
I'd say .... (better not predict...)

Tigers_eye
May 9, 2006, 12:22 PM
There is always a first. lakers lost a series after leading 3-1. Phil lost a series while leading, Phoenix won a series for the first time coming from 1-3 down.

This phoenix team would have been the best team in NBA if Amare played this season. Even over Detroit. They have the deepest bench even after losing starters as Joe Johnson, Q Richardson. Dallas missed a golden opportunity on Spurs. We'll see how they do in the next one.

Detroit is too good.

Tigers_eye
May 10, 2006, 04:52 PM
The next one went fine. Spurs lost to Dallas 113-91. The series is tied at 1-1. Detroit took care of the king and co. However, this time the king gave them a 4th quarter scare. Detriot vs Cavs 2-0.
Miami is finding difficult to control carter. Nash showing his skills to the clippers. The clipps had 59% field goal percentage yet lost by mile. lol.

Dhurr
May 14, 2006, 08:20 PM
This phoenix team would have been the best team in NBA if Amare played this season. Even over Detroit. They have the deepest bench even after losing starters as Joe Johnson, Q Richardson. Dallas missed a golden opportunity on Spurs. We'll see how they do in the next one.

Not really. The Suns are a good team, maybe even an above-average team, but no way in hell would they have been the best team in the league, with or without Amare. They are definitely fun to watch, and I like their style of play, but the Spurs are head and shoulders above any other team in the league.

Even with Duncan playing on one leg, they can beat any team in the league. They have a great starting five that plays both offense and defense, they have Duncan who can spread out the floor, they have great shooters, they have slashers like Manu and Parker who can create open lookers for the jump shooters. They have Mr. Clutch - HORRY. They have Slick van exel and Finley (a Mavs starter) coming off the bench. They have Mr. defense himself - Bruce Bowen. However way you look at it, the Spurs are the best team in the league. They defend, they have a disciplined offense, they have slashers, they can play on the inside, they have good shooters, they have great on-the-ball defenders and great team defenders. They have depth, which is great for the regular season, and they have a great core, which is crucial for the postseason. I don't like watching them that much any more since they aren't fun to watch, but they are the champions, and until somebody takes the title from them, the Spurs are IT!

The Suns aren't that deep. If you want depth, look at the Mavs. The Suns are not even two deep in every position. The Mavs, under Cuban's ownership, have consistently had depth every year. The Phoenix Suns don't have anything even closely resembling that depth.

Faceoff
May 16, 2006, 03:03 PM
Mavs up 3-1 against the Spurs.

What a game last night !!! It was unbelievable. I almost had an heart-attack.

Tigers_eye
May 16, 2006, 03:33 PM
I watched a little bit in the first quarter and before the end of the half. mavs were down by 1. So thought Mavs would pull out this one comfortably.

I had a detailed response (a huge one) on Dhurr's post. Unfortunately the reply didn't get posted. I put a complaint in suggest forum. :(

Log story short. Phoenix has a deep and better bench than anyone once Amare comes back. Amare is the best player in both end of the floor after shaq (pre-injury). he brings the defensive presence that the suns need in the playoffs. Ask Dallas what happened last year. I can show you the scars its deep. Diaw, barbosa is enough to handle anyone of the bench. I am not even mentioning Tim Tomas.

Take the bset player out the line up for any team and ask them to win 55 games in a season. I don't think anyone can do it. Piston may have a shot at it but others no way.

Spurs:
Horry my man, I have been watching him from his Alabama days and houston days. he was the man to replace Scottie Pippen in NBA. His lack of commitment in the regular season was the down fall. Have you seen his nasty ferocious dunks. This 3 point shooter horry is not the real horry. Old and fading fast.
Bowen the dirty player shouldn't be allowed to play NBA. he and stockton are the two players I have no love for.
Parker needs to go back to Europe and understand what Traveling means. if stricked NBA rules have been enforced SA would have turnovers everytime Parker dribbled the ball.
TD and Manu are class.
Finley, he would be in Dallas bench as well if he played their this season. His days of guarding Michael (the real one) is long over.
Pop, he will learn a few things from the hungrier mentor, the general, once he coached. Thats my spurs story.

Go Mavs.

Tigers_eye
May 16, 2006, 03:46 PM
By the way, Horry shot some important shots for Houston and LA and he has a big heart. But others like Mad Max, kenny smith, Derek Fisher, also did the same for the teams he played. But the Mr. Clutch is reserved for Jerry West. The NBA logo has him dribbling the ball. Yes, that is the real Mr. Clutch.
read his bio.
http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/West.htm

Then there is the rest of them
Bird
Michael as clutch players.

Faceoff
May 16, 2006, 03:48 PM
It was the best 4th quarter in this years playoff. Both teams were swinging at each other with all they got. You missed a great one bro !!!

Dhurr
May 16, 2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I know who Jerry West is. Today, he would not even start for the worst team in the league. He would be a benchwarmer.

Dhurr
May 16, 2006, 05:42 PM
All these so-called "great" players were great for their times. Watch any of the old games, and you can see just how much they suck compared to today's superstars. Except for Wilt, the big O, bill russell, pistol pete and company, I don't have much respect for the players from back in the day.

That does not mean I don't respect the players from the golden age of the NBA. Magic and MJ are phenomenal. Lebron will one day rise to that category. Bird was excellent but I think he gets all the hype because he is white. He does not belong in the same group as Magic and MJ.

Tigers_eye
May 17, 2006, 08:59 AM
UUU! Dhurr,
I beg to differ.
Nowadays, NBA superstar players are better athelete but thats about it. They have very little skills compared to the old great ones. Terrible shooters. And for heart, they have one that only pumps blood to their body. Thats about it. Dunking the ball behind the back, under the leg, spinning 360 gets you no where if you can't win a game. How can you not give credit to Jerry West? Ask Wilt and you will find how much of a Mr. Clutch he was (you can't ask cause he passed away). Wilt didn't win anything until he played with Jerry.

As for bird, without bird there wouldn't be any Magic. Unless you see some of his games you wouldn't know how much clutch he was. Magic (during his career) would pick bird when the game was on the line over anyone to take the last shot. That should be enough for you to understand what Bird was to Magic. Just so that you know Bird and Magic are the only two players who could play all 5 positions. Center, power forward, small forward, shooting guard, and point. NBA hasn't seen anyone like that yet. May be Garnette (4 positions) comes close but he can't play point all game long. Bird wasn't only hype because he was white, he was more black inside than some of the blacks he played with. Get over the race issue once for all.

These great players not would only kick butts of Garnette, Carter, Kobe, Wade, TD etc. but they would take them to school in any shooting competition. Hands down they were better ball hander, fundamentally sound, better free throw shooter, and mostly better clutch players. Bob Cousy would take no prisoners. No wonder they are considered as the great ones.

pagol-chagol
May 17, 2006, 10:07 PM
I have worked very hard to control my temptation and increase my productivity. By resisting from posting here my productivity at work has gone up a lot. Missed you all, but I had to win this. I think I have gained the control that I had lost and in the future I'll keep myself from going overboard. ( OK Vladmamu, I did it without my wife knowing about this)

This is the best NBA article I have ever read. I think all NBA fans got to read this:

Billy Simmon's small ball:

This is pretty long so I edited out some of his griping about the old days:

But that's not that answer. After two depressing playoff seasons (2003 and 2004) sent casual fans scurrying away, the league made a conscious decision to change the overall mentality of the game itself. And this wasn't like Lorne Michaels running an occasional "SNL Digital Short" to make it seem like "Saturday Night Live" was still hip; this was an honest effort by the NBA to change the dynamic of games and make them more appealing to watch. Here's how they did it:

1. They sped up the game by giving teams only eight seconds to get the ball over midcourt and resetting the shot clock to 14 seconds in certain situations (after a foul, a kicked ball, an illegal defense, and so on).

2. They started whistling players for the shoving/grabbing/clutching/mugging crap that had been plaguing the league since the Riley/Daly days (I still think Riley should serve some prison time though).

3. They cracked down on flagrant fouls -- almost too much, actually -- allowing players to attack the rim without worrying about being splattered against the basket support.

4. They relaxed the illegal defense rules, allowing smaller teams to use soft zones and double-team scoring threats more easily (also allowing teams to play more scorers at the same time, since they couldn't be as much of a liability defensively).

5. Referees were ordered to allow moving picks as long as the player setting the pick didn't stick a knee out to trip the defender.

The last one was an unannounced, under-the-table rule change that Team Stern will deny in public to the death, much like Marcellus and Butch always will deny what happened in Maynard's basement with Zed and the Gimp. But it happened. I have more than 200 games on DVD, including just about every relevant game from 1984 to 2004, and players were never allowed to set moving picks before last season. They had to approach the dribbler, come to a full stop, and remain still as the dribbler made his move. Watch an old Jazz game some time -- remember how Stockton and Malone were considered the masters of the pick-and-roll? Well, the Mailman held those picks every time. He never moved. If he did, they whistled him.

With a guy like Boris Diaw setting moving screens for him, Nash suddenly became a lethal player -- and two-time MVP.Now? You don't have to stop -- you can run over, pretend you're setting a high screen and basically careen into the defender. You can pretend to stop and continue moving your feet to sideswipe the defender as he's stepping around you (a Tyson Chandler specialty). You can even set a screen, make a 180-degree turn, chase the defender, then clip him with a moving pick a second time (a Yao Ming classic). All of these moves are legal in a wink-wink way. Boris Diaw raised it to another level -- instead of setting the screen on Nash's defender, sometimes he runs next to Nash, then quickly cuts toward the basket and "accidentally" picks off Nash's defender at full speed, almost like a wide receiver cutting across the field and picking off someone else's cornerback.

I know this all sounds mildly confusing, but the high screen has become the single most important play in basketball. Four teams execute it correctly (by bending the fake rules that aren't actually in place): Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio and Detroit. Gee, what do those four teams have in common? And while we're here, if you ever wondered how Steve Nash played for eight years and never even made second-team All-NBA, then became a two-time MVP in the blink of an eye, it wasn't just because of his hair and his skin color, or because he found a coach that understood how to build a team around him. Nash took advantage of the aforementioned rules that made penetrating guards just as valuable as reliable low-post scorers (as we're seeing in this year's playoffs with Nash, Wade, Harris & Terry, Parker, Hinrich, Billups, even an old-timer like Sam Cassell).

Thanks to those rules, SmallBall has taken over the Western Conference playoffs this spring. Avery Johnson realized after one game that Dallas could only beat the Spurs by playing two point guards (Harris and Jason Terry) and exploiting San Antonio's shoddy perimeter defense; eventually, Gregg Popovich had no choice but to go small himself (even Big Shot Brob is riding the pine). The Suns-Clips series turned into a splendid SmallBall contest in Games 4 and 5, with the notable exception of the Chris Kaman parts (it's simply the wrong series for him, something Mike Dunleavy will probably realize around Game 12). Coincidentally -- or maybe, not coincidentally -- these have been two of the most entertaining and electric playoff series of the decade.

Which raises the million-dollar questions ...

Is this where we're headed? Are teams better off building for SmallBall over a conventional style? If you can only play five players, and you don't have an above-average center on your roster -- which most teams lack, by the way -- why not just play your best five guys regardless of position?

For instance, last summer's most important signing turned out to be Raja Bell, a much ridiculed move at the time. Remember? Twenty-five million for Raja Bell? What was Phoenix thinking? Actually, they were thinking that he's a great defender who makes 40 percent of his threes. Perfect for them. So they started pursuing him on midnight, July 1, then overpaid to make sure they got him. Ten months later, he looked like an absolute bargain even before he saved their season Tuesday night. Meanwhile, the Zydrunas Ilgauskas contract (four years, $55 million) would have been fine in 1998, but it's a roster killer in 2006. Much like in real life, you can't survive with slow big guys anymore.

Just look at this year's draft. As recently as three years ago, LaMarcus Aldridge would have been the first pick, because, after all, you always take a good big man first, right? Not this year. LSU's Ty Thomas (a Marion-like forward) will be the first pick, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Aldridge and Adam Morrison (another player who would have been more effective five years ago) will drop out of the top three, whereas Brandon Roy (Washington's outstanding shooting guard) and UConn's Marcus Williams (yes, the Laptop Guy, as well as the only elite point guard in the draft) will end up going higher than people think (and doing better than people think). In the old days, you needed a franchise player to realistically contend for a title. Now? You need two penetrators (including an alpha dog), three or four shooters and two guys who can rebound and protect the rim. That's it. Just ask Phoenix.

The new breed of NBA player: quick point guards like Chris Paul will become even more valuable in the new-and-improved NBA.It's a different world. Suddenly, Chris Paul and Devin Harris have more value than Chris Bosh and Andrew Bogut. Suddenly, a max contract for Ben Wallace doesn't make quite as much sense. Suddenly, Kirk Hinrich's ceiling has been raised from "multiple All-Star" to "potential three-time MVP." Suddenly, expensive, shoot-first point guards like Baron Davis and Stephon Marbury are untradeable unless you want someone else's junk back. Suddenly, you would be committed to an institution if you drafted Rafael Araujo over Andre Iguodala, and you would throw a three-day long party if Jameer Nelson fell to you at No. 20. Suddenly, it doesn't seem smart to trade Ben Gordon, Tyson Chandler and two lottery picks to Minnesota for Kevin Garnett with about 98,000 miles on his odometer. Suddenly, a team like the 2006 Dallas Mavericks can win an NBA title.

Back in April, I predicted the Mavs would lose to Detroit in the Finals. Now? I'm reconsidering. Can the Pistons really match baskets with the Mavs? How does Ben Wallace have an impact guarding Nowitzki 20 feet from the basket? Who does Rip Hamilton guard? Can the Pistons keep pulling that whole "fat cat" routine -- they assert their dominance one night, then relax the next, and they've been doing it since late January -- against a team as explosive as Dallas? And could the Mavs really end up becoming the first team to win a title solely with outside shooting since the '73 Knicks?

I think they can pull it off. In the meantime, let's kick back and savor a new era of professional hoops. Last night, the Clips rallied from 19 points down in Phoenix by playing SmallBall and out-Phoenixing Phoenix (which should have happened from the opening tip, of course), eventually blowing a three-point lead with a foul to give and 3.6 seconds remaining in overtime, then losing a borderline Stomach Punch Game in double-OT. (Have I mentioned that Mike Dunleavy is coaching this series with both hands wrapped around his neck? I mentioned that, right?) But it was a phenomenally exciting game, and somewhere during the night, I realized that this was the eighth or ninth ESPN classic-caliber playoff game of the spring. This can't be an accident.

So maybe it's time to recant my "There will never be another game like Game 4 of the 1984 Finals" proclamation from three years ago. Maybe there won't be another game with that kind of star power. Maybe Kareem and McHale would have sprung for 60 a night against these gimmicky small lineups. Heck, maybe McHale would have been imprisoned for what happened to Rambis nowadays. But Game 5 of the Clips-Suns series was nearly as dramatic, Game 4 of the Mavs-Spurs series was almost as well-played, and with the way these playoffs are going -- you have to go back to 1993 to find a spring with this many high-caliber games, and we're not even in Round 3 yet -- there's an outside chance that one of these games could rival the famous Game 4 in every category but "Hall of Famers on the floor."

One thing is for sure: I'll be watching. As Devin Harris proved on Monday night, with the New-And-Improved NBA, you never know what you might miss.

cricman
May 17, 2006, 11:02 PM
"We are all witness" Lebron 3 - Detroit 2! It just went from 70% chance of detroit winning the series to 50/50.

Tigers_eye
May 18, 2006, 09:44 AM
Fascinating thoughts. My thoughts on back in the days moving screen was too harsh. Come to think of it nowadays, the call has become too linient for sure. Nice Article. But I think the example of Zydrunas Ilgauskas was a cheap shot. The guy half of his career was injured and never could develop as his hype. Second he is an european center for crying out loud. Third he is never the 1st option for the team.

This guy thinks Dallas do not deserve to be a champion with this team. I tell you what, Stacking up pound for pound, they are much better team than the 3 lakers team which won. The only thing this dallas team lacked was the heart and desire. Now they have it.

About Steve nash, I think the writer is upset because his beloved Kobe didn't get the nod for the MVP. The only reason Nash was selected this year because he surpassed the last years phenominal performance and everyone thought that wouldn't be the case with Amare sitting out. The Assist and rebounds has nothing to do with moving screens. If the screener runs side by side with the ball handler then "Stcokton to Malone" is taken away. The only option for the ball handler would be to put up a shot. The 3's that he scored had nothing to do with moving screens. Teams utilize at least 7 seconds to bring the ball up the court from their end. For Nash and Co. they are already under the basket by that time.

My analysis:
1. Early entry in the draft. These boys are still not ready for NBA. Physically and mentally. Specially the big man.

2. Rarity of true skilled Big men: You don't find the Shaq, the hakim, the wilt, the Kareem, The Russell in every draft. They are the rarest breed. So now NBA teams looks at atheletes who can be make shift centers. Powerforwards like Wallaces, Tim Thomas, Brand, chandler, Garnette, Duncan, etc have to do the job.

3. Coaches trying to take advantage of their best player: Don Nelson started it with Nash in Dallas because he didnot have any big man. There is a difference between Iverson and Nash. One is shoot first pass second the other one is pass first shoot second. both are amazing to watch. If you see one game Nash plays then you would know what he does for his team. After Magic he is the best no look passer, hands down.

As for SUNS-CLIPS best series since 84, that tells me the writer is a chicago hater. Didn't he see all those series between the sonics (kemp-payton), suns (barkley), blazers (Potter-clyde "the glide" Drexler), Utah (Malone-stockton), houston (hakim) 90's, or the pistons (bad boys) bulls (MJ-Pip), NY (Ewing), Indiana (reggie) Late 80's and 90's???

As for michale and kareem putting up 60 on these guys, may not be a 60 but they could easily have an average of 40+ in these type of series.

Dhurr
May 18, 2006, 11:59 PM
Cats_eye, simmons is far from being a kobe lover. i've been reading his columns religiously for the past few years, and i can tell you he's no kobe lover. ;)

Tigers_eye
May 23, 2006, 08:16 AM
Whaaaat a gameeeeeee!!!
Dang When I saw the Mavs lead I was concerned. Well, I was on the edge in the entire 4th quarter. The 3 of Ginobli felt like a dagger with edges ripping my guts out. Fortunately, it was Ginobli's foul that gave life back to the Mavs. I felt it was going to the overtime the moment Nowitzki made that free-throw. Duncan and Manu showed their class but the rest of the spurs would be bench players to any other team. I thought the referee had let bowen get away with too many swipes at Nowitzki. What a player he has become. He has matured to be a leader. As it says, sky is the limit.

Mavs can keep up the pace 16 quarters with the suns. My concern is barbosa and Diaw the 2 guys that did the damage to the clips. Lets see what happens. Well rested heat will give the detroit run for their money.

Conference finals:
West: Dallas Mavs vs Phoenix Suns
East: Detroit Pistons vs Miami Heat

Great games will follow.

Tigers_eye
May 24, 2006, 03:30 PM
Miami got the detroit napping in game one and won. This will be interesting. If this series goes to game 7 then Mavs has a great chance. Hoping the Mavs - Suns end in game 5 or 6.

Tigers_eye
May 30, 2006, 08:20 AM
Never in my wildest dream I thought Detroit this season would have trouble qualifying from the east. They are down 3-1. Very few teams came back from a 3-1 down in a 5 game series. Shaq-Wade are for real. The supporting staff is contributing. Suns did that against the LA Lakers this season. Detroit has the players to do the same but the word on the street is, Flip has lost the grip on this team. The players are bickering and he can't fix the problem. Lets see how things work out.

On the Western Conference Dallas has regained the home court (2-1) advantage with a win at Phoenix. Tonight there is a very important game 4 at Phoenix. If Dallas wins then the series is over (almost).

al Furqaan
May 30, 2006, 01:36 PM
i hoped to see a suns-heat finals last year...hope nash and co can stick it to nowitzky and big D.

Tigers_eye
May 31, 2006, 09:41 AM
Amare, Diaw, Marion, Bell, Nash. Off the bench here comes T Thomas, Kurt Thomas, barbosa. Unless injury plays a roll again next season they will dominate the west. They will have the defensive presence (shot blocking - Amare), and offensive nash can win the match without scoring cause Amare may ave 35 a night. The front court of Amare and Diaw would be lethal.

Tigers_eye
June 2, 2006, 11:17 AM
50 from Nowitzki and dallas is one win away from the finals. I'd say he has matured a lot from his spot up jump shooter position. Lets see how the MVP reacts to this performance. Can't wait for the finals. Come'on Shaq. Finish the deal. Fulfill your promise.

I am ready for college football already.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2006, 09:18 AM
Big game tonight. Dallas Vs Miami. Dallas having the Home court to begin with. A deep bench. have at least 3 big men to foul Shaq. That's 15+ fouls. The key is to not let him have the 3 point play. Mr. Wade is super hot. Dallas has not faced anyone like him in this year's playoffs. Miami also didn't face Nowitski like player. Driving the ball at the big man and getting into foul trouble would be the main goal for the general (Avery). Railey, is once again in the finals. This should be a good cat and mouse game.

Faceoff
June 5, 2006, 09:26 AM
Big game tonight...

Bhaijan,

Ajke tho kono khela nei. It will start on Thursday June 8.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2006, 10:09 AM
Bhaijan,

Ajke tho kono khela nei. It will start on Thursday June 8.
ধন্যবাদ। দিলেনতো বেলুন ফুটা করে। এত আশা করে ছিলাম আজকে খেলা দেখবো বলে, আর খেলা পড়বি পর বৃহষ্পতিবারে? ঠিক যেইদিন আমি ব্যস্ত?

The first game is on Thursday. Thanks, Faceoff.

Tigers_eye
June 9, 2006, 09:40 AM
One down, three to go for Dallas and me. Jason Terry shined with his 32, his counter part Jason Williams had 12. Wade led the Miami with 28. Shaq had 7 rebounds and 17 points, he also had 4 fouls.
Miami lost the game at the free throw line. They were 7 of 19. 36.8%? Where as, Dallas went 20 of 26, 76.9%.

Game two will be at Dallas, Sunday June 11, 9:00pm eastern. Howard, Stack should take care of the ball better. They had combined of 8 turnovers out of the 14 dallas TOs. Lets go Mavs.

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2006, 10:07 AM
Alrighty then. 2 down 2 to go. As in the NBA it is said, "The playoff does not start unless there is a road victory", it is Dallas's turn to show what they are made of. The series is moving to Miami for the next 3 games. All Dallas has to do is steal one. Dallas is a good road team. They beat each of their opponents twice in this years playoff. That includes the defending Champs Spurs, high flying Suns, and the Grizllies.

Doubling Shaq did pay-off. The supporting cast of Miami was worth nothing. Incredible game plan from the General Avery Johnson. Go Mavs!!