PDA

View Full Version : Any good chess players around?

GuruTM
November 8, 2005, 10:39 AM
I am interested to play chess games with BanglaCricket members on yahoo chess. If anyone interested to play with me my yahoo id is masum_aiub2001@yahoo.com and my nick is harun_majumder. You can either u2u me when you have time and i am online or can add me to your yahoo messenger so you can see if i am online. If i am online just give me a knock and we will have a battle on the chess field.

Anyway i think i am a very good player. Can you prove me wrong?

Note: I usually play in the advanced section of yahoo chess on a 'not so crowded' lounge.

Thank you.

Tigers_eye
November 8, 2005, 03:41 PM
what is your rating? Once upon a time when I was at school had 1500+ rating.

Navarene
November 8, 2005, 05:32 PM
I am not gonna consider myself as a "good" chess player, but I'd love to play it for fun. I once had the honor to play with one of our BC members (Carte_Blanche) and needless to say that I lost it pathetically :(

However, I don't play in yahoo nowadays since I found a more interesting chess site to play with (www.chess21.com). If youre interested, you can join me there. I assure you will win but hey note that I will fight till my last blood dripping :) ....Juddho bina nahi debo shuchagro medini! Btw, my ELO (rating) is only +1700.

Tehsin
November 8, 2005, 06:17 PM
Don't have any rating but maybe I should start playing again. Between yahoo and chess21, which one are we going for ?

Rubu
November 8, 2005, 08:53 PM
Have not played chess in years, but beleive it or not, I learned to play it at five. I guess I was quite good at that time because I used to play against older guys and got pretty famous for it in our para (good old days, ah). I'd like to sharpen up few things again, time allowed. my yahoo id is: mr9rubu@yahoo.com, give me a buzz if you see me online, i'd play if free.

GuruTM
November 8, 2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye

Few hundred more than you. Could be either side of 2000.

GuruTM
November 8, 2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Tehsin
Don't have any rating but maybe I should start playing again. Between yahoo and chess21, which one are we going for ?

I have followed the Calvia chess olympiad on the chess 21 software used by the olympiad site. But to play chess i always prefer yahoo chess. You dont have to go to yahoo chess site, if you just add me to your yahoo then we can play from the messenger.

Zunaid
November 8, 2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by TeamManager

Not bad. I used to have an ELO of around 1900. Now I am probably -1900. :) This was during my undergrad days but then switched to competitive bridge during my gard school yeards. Any Bridge players around?

Rubu
November 8, 2005, 09:39 PM
Doc, an amture but avid bridge fan here! spent quite a few time on yahoo playing bridge and also the software bridge.

it used to be our ramadan game when i was back in bd. started around 11am and kept playing until someone came to call for iftaar!

Carte Blanche
November 8, 2005, 10:14 PM
I remember signing up at the Chess21 website as per Nav's recommendation. However, I find the interface somewhat confusing. I have been out of the chess scene for a while, and haven't really played any games since there beginning of Chess Championship at San Luis, Argentina (which Topalov won). I don't know what my ELO rating is, but the strongest player I have beaten over the board has a FIDE rating of 1743. I have alsobeaten Israeli GM Boris Alterman, and American GM Larry Christiansen in handicapped blitz games.

I only play very fast game these days, mostly 1 or 2 minute games (except for when yahoo servers lag - which has become a trend lately).

If anyone wants to play, give me a buzz on my yahoo id: xxx_shokk_xxx

Tigers_eye
November 9, 2005, 10:04 AM
One sentence:

For those of you considering playing chess against Team Manager and Carte Blanche don't even dream of that. You will lose even if you Robot/software help. By the way, I would like to see a match between them. When you guys play please post a note so that we can be spectators. To be fare, it should be at least 5 min game. at least 3 match series. :)

GuruTM
November 9, 2005, 11:02 AM
One sentence:

For those of you considering playing chess against Team Manager and Carte Blanche don't even dream of that. You will lose even if you Robot/software help. By the way, I would like to see a match between them. When you guys play please post a note so that we can be spectators. To be fare, it should be at least 5 min game. at least 3 match series. :)

Carte blanche is a very good player. I have played a close game with him, had a lot of fun but got beaten. But he is fond of blitz games. Also Rubu is a good player.

GuruTM
November 9, 2005, 11:20 AM
Fingers crossed for a revenge on carte blanche. :)

May be we can arrange a online Banglacricket chess tournament someday. Anyone want to take the initiative.

Edited on, November 9, 2005, 4:24 PM GMT, by TeamManager.

bd_cricket
November 9, 2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Originally posted by TeamManager

Not bad. I used to have an ELO of around 1900. Now I am probably -1900. :) This was during my undergrad days but then switched to competitive bridge during my gard school yeards. Any Bridge players around?

I also quit playing chess after my HSC. Used to be very good before that. Won some trophies in inter-school tournament and other competitions.

Like Dr. Z, gave up on chess and switched to bridge from my undergrad. Still I play bridge whenever I get company.

Carte Blanche
November 9, 2005, 06:09 PM
White = Carte Blanche
Black = TeamManager

01. e4 e5
02. d4 exd4
03. c3 dxc3
04. Bc4 c6!?

Unusual move. I am used to opponents accepting the gambit at this point, although I have played against lines like 4.. Nf6. I was tempted to recapture, but that is against the gambit spirit.

05. Nf3 d6
06. 0-0 Be7

I was not happy with my opening by this time. This is not the kind of set up I am used to playing against. I was afraid the centre would be locked soon, so decided to recapture to maintain a slight lead in development.

07. Nxc3 Nf6
08. Bf4 0-0
09. Qd4? Nh5
10. Be3 Re8

I was unhappy with my Qd4 move already, and was surprised I was not punished with moves like b5 or an unpleasant Bg4 pin. It would have been real hard for white to claim any advantage at all after surrendering the centre and being down a pawn. I'd consider white objectively lost with perfect play.

11. e5 d5

Desperation. My only hope to pry open the centre to evoke some tactics. Unsurprisingly, black wishes to keep the centre locked. White in a spot of bother.

12. Be2 g6
13. Rfe1 Be6

Black is trying to secure d5 and prepare c5 with complete central domination.

14. Rad1 c5
15. Qa4 d4

White in some serious problems! All his hopes are pinned on the d1 rook.

16. Bb5 Rf8?

Bizarre looking move. Nc6 (or even Bd7) clearly gives black an advantage with a completed development and control over the centre. Let's not forget black is up a pawn too.

17. Bh6 Ng7
18. b4 Qc8
19. Ne4 a6?

Useless try as the pawn is pinned to the rook. Black is clearly losing the thread here. In a matter of few moves the position has deteriorated drastically for black despite material advantage.

20. bxc6 Nd7

Black admits his mistake and surrenders the extra pawn. But this leaves white with a decisive initiative.

21. Bxd7 Bxd7
22. Qxd4 Bc6

Black is down a pawn now with his king vulnerable to white queen's tactical skirmishes.

23. Bxg7 Kxg7
24. e6+! f6
25. Nd6 Qc7

Kasparov said once that a white knight posted on d6 is worth a rook. Black is about to find out why.

26. Ne5 fxe5
27. Qxe5+ Kg8
28. Nf5 Qxe4
29. Nxe7+ Kg7
30. Rxe4 Bc6

A sham sacrifice forcing trade of queens and a minor piece, leading to a comfortable ending for white with a supported passed pawn.

31. Nd5 Rc8
32. Nb6 Rc6?
33. a4 Rxb6

Tsk Tsk! Black blundered a piece and ended up trapping the bishop. Naturally he chose to be down an exchange than down a piece.

34. cxb6 Bxa4
35. e7 Re8
36. Rd8 Kf6
37. Rxe8 Bex8

Black hopes to guard the queening square with the light squared bishop and somehow manage a draw with an active king on the king-side. His defense skills will be tested rigorously.

38. Rc5 Bc6
39. Rxc6!

Kaput! Rook can not be recaptured because that will allow the pawn to queen. Black resigns.

Overall a decent game. Black lost the game, rather than white winning it. I have my share of excuses though. I do not like long games. I haven't played in a while, and my opening was dodgy at best. I will stick to sounder openings for a while.

If anybody else wants to play, give me a buzz anytime after 8/9 pm EST.

AsifTheManRahman
November 9, 2005, 06:26 PM
i used to be pretty damn good back in grade 8, beating chessmaster 2000 with the highest level of difficulty, as well as every single bloke in school.

apparently, the chessmaster2000 tutorials helped out a lot - those are some pretty neat ones.

then i slacked off. haven't played in years now. dont possess the same patience and karishma anymore.

GuruTM
November 9, 2005, 09:45 PM
Good commentary from carte blanche. I can't wait...... :)

Orpheus
November 10, 2005, 03:04 AM
I suck at chess!! So if anybody wanna feel like a winner.... I will play you.

I usually play in yahoo beginner section and lose most of the time. one day I won but that kid was 12 years old only :(

GuruTM
November 10, 2005, 05:08 AM
Guys, we need the yahoo id to play each other unless someone wants to play using other software/website. So please give us your yahoo id so if someone feels like to play with you, they can do so.

Tigers_eye
November 10, 2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Orpheus
I usually play in yahoo beginner section and lose most of the time. one day I won but that kid was 12 years old only :(

lol, let me enlighten you. Oneday, I was feeling lucky and beating most 1500+ at yahoo. Then came a 1400+ and played 10 games in a row and lost all. While playing, the person mentioned she was a 12 year old girl. I felt bad. She was trying out (white) f2-4, Kf3, b3, Bb2 openning. I could not defend that. before we left she told me she was the Junior champ of the sweden. she and her friend was practicing few moves and quiting games in the middle that was the reason of her having a low rating.

Atleast you beat a 12 year old, I lost all of my games to a 12 year old.

Tigers_eye
November 10, 2005, 10:24 AM
Thank you carte B for your nice commentary. Have you tried to play at local chess clubs? Not very many people can say they beat a Grand master or two in speed chess who are not GM themselves. We are all proud of you.

Yahoo IDs: Dhaka89, Bri_dge2001 but don't have messenger.

Carte Blanche
November 10, 2005, 11:30 AM
Haha Cats_Eye nope. I said I have beaten them in handicapped games. Larry C played down a knight, and Alterman played with one less rook. So basically all I did was trade off the major pieces and have an easy endgame. Those were 2 and 3 min games. So it was fairly easy. I just mention those wins to brag ;)

Don't ya hate it when you lose to a little kid? There's this 8 year old chinese kid at my local chess club. We used to play 5 min games there, and I have never beaten him. Best result I had with him was a draw.

And hey, the f4 Nf3 b3 Bb2 set-up isn't as dubious as it looks at first glance. I was watching a lecture on it earlier, but from black's side. If it is sound for black to play, I'm sure with accurate play white can secure a slight advantage seeing he is up a tempo. I think it is called the Dutch-Stonewall structure.

Zunaid
November 10, 2005, 12:29 PM
And here is (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=7568#pid94150) my GM beating story. :)

Tigers_eye
November 10, 2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
And here is (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=7568#pid94150) my GM beating story. :)
You guys are too good. Slap me if I ever talk about chess with you guys.

GM beaters!!! Beware, all I need is a good bridge partner and some extra aces.

Tehsin
November 10, 2005, 01:31 PM
Orpheus, looks like you and I are on the same boat, let's play each other and get our ratings around 1200-1300. As for Zunaid, Team Manager, Carte Blanche, Cats_eye - if I see any of you lurking around yahoo, i'll run away with my 1200 +/- points intact. :)

My yahoo nick sheikhali (tehsin24@yahoo.com) and my main weakness - I have lost all my six games to time. How do I increase the time to 5 or maybe 10 minutes.

Tigers_eye
November 10, 2005, 02:00 PM
hehehe !! Tehsin bhai rey paisi.
Open challenge in chess :)
To fix the minute issue you must be the host and create the table, instead of just getting into any table. You will have different options to choose from. You can create a table with any minutes you want and can add increments (by seconds) on each move.

GuruTM
November 10, 2005, 04:42 PM

Yahoo IDs: Dhaka89, Bri_dge2001 but don't have messenger.

Download messenger from yahoo. It wont take long time to download even if you are using dial-up.

Carte Blanche
January 18, 2006, 05:40 AM
I haven't played any chess in a while - so a little rusty. Anyone up for a game or two?

Mohiul
January 18, 2006, 12:17 PM
Hey Teammanager, can you please help me.

whenever I tried to play chess, in yahoo most of the the time just after starting the game, I find that I have lost. What I've found out that before the match there was no time limit but just after few moves opposition changed the time limit without telling me. It's a cheat. That's why I don't bother to go & play there. But I love to play chess.

How you get rid of this sort of cheat?

Tigers_eye
January 18, 2006, 03:09 PM
If the match is not rated only then opposition can change time limit in the middle of the game. And if that is the case then it will not effect your rating.

The best way fix that problem is open your own table with your own limitations if you prefer. Then others will come and play against you. Hope this helps.

cluster11
February 14, 2006, 09:13 AM
I play in yahoo sometimes for fun (mostly Blitz/Short games). My yahoo rating is little over 1800. I used to play in regular tournaments few years back in U.S. and long before in BD at national-junior level. (USCF rating : 1870 QRating:2009). My yahoo id: rashidfarook@yahoo.com

Maybe we could have a little banglacricket yahoo chess championship? :) Someone volunteer as a tournament manager?

Carte Blanche
February 14, 2006, 09:37 AM
1870 USCF is very high. I'm a blitz player too - the faster the better. We should play sometime.

cluster11
February 14, 2006, 10:30 AM
Wow! going through this thread now I see a lot of chess enthusiast! I have lot of fond memories back in BD with chess. Riffat (GM/national champ) and I were classmates and Niaz Murshed and Zia also went to our school (St. Joseph's). I played cricket with Zia once, he used to live upstairs where my cousin lived. Among the ppl I knew from back then at national level I know Nikkon apa (Rokhsana) and Neamul Bhai still play in New York. I met Neamul Bhai in NY Open 10 years back (where I lost 3 games in a row after being in top 4 in Class-A section). Among the recent players from BD, I know of Ashik (he reached ELO 2100) who has moved to California and was in Atlanta briefly after coming to U.S.

Can't resist posting some funny memories now back from bd. Around '92 I was playing at a qualifying for a FIDE rated tournament. In round-4 I think I was paired with Taneema (then national women's champ) and Nikkon apa (her rival) was in the next board. She was keenly interested in wanting Taneema to lose but I was just too excited to be playing the national women's champ. We got into a closed middlegame and Taneema asked "You want to draw?". And I was like "Oh sure!" and was full of glee and overjoyed until I looked over my shoulder and Nikkon Apa was all upset and everything. Later she kept saying "oh you were just soo ready to draw, at least you could pretend you are doing her a favor than the other way around". Then I beat Nikkon Appa 4 rounds later and knocked her out of the tournament :D

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2006, 05:08 PM
So we expect a showdown and a full report. Please keep us updated!!! Teammanager and Zunaid Bhai can be refs :)

cluster11
February 18, 2006, 10:44 AM
looking at the list, I see the following usres with yahoo id. We could do a tournament on yahoo! :)

Carte Blanche: xxx_shokk_xxx
Cats_eye: Bri_dge2001, Dhaka89
Cluster11: cluster111974@yahoo.com
Rubu: mr9rubu@yahoo.com
TeamManager: masum_aiub2001@yahoo.com
Tehsin: tehsin24@yahoo.com

Orpheus
February 18, 2006, 04:22 PM
I beat Carte Blanche and I told him to play again.. NOw he is too scared to play!

Come on CB! :P:P:P

Let's have a rematch during the 2nd or 3rd ODI during BD vs SL .... I will beat you AGAIN!!

Carte Blanche
February 18, 2006, 05:27 PM
Bring it on Orphy ;)

cluster11: sounds good to me. I'll be free to play this weekend (hopefully).

Orpheus
February 18, 2006, 08:47 PM
yeah CB we willl play in 3rd ODI inshallah... sharpen up your moves now. I expect better game from you in the next game. :P

anyone else who wants to play me, you gotta get through Carte first!

I think I wanna play RUBU also :)

cricket_pagol
February 19, 2006, 05:02 AM
Thanks to this thread, I found cluster11 who is a old friend (actually friends with my older brother) with whom I had lost contact. We used to play chess in the early 90s before he came to US to study.

I used to be a pretty decent player, but i have not played for while... in particular i have no experience of playing online (my yahoo rating is currently provionsal). I gonna try to play some games to get my ratings up and then come back I guess.

For the record my yahoo ID is: reaz13, I hope some intermediate people would like to play with me!

Cluster11 pls check your U2U message.

Carte Blanche
February 23, 2006, 10:26 AM
I'm free this weekend. So if anyone wants to play, just give me a buzz :)

Orpheus
March 8, 2006, 09:45 PM
guys anybody online right now who wants to play with me before the match starts? Please hit reply....

I am looking for a not so good player to beat. Carte Blanche has done enough damage to my ego. He beat me being handicapped (took off his queen)....

Now I want to regain some respectability playing some one else - preferably one who isn't good at all...

I am on campus and I IRC is blocked from here :( :( and I have absoultely nothing to do today......

so guys be kind and play with me....

Orpheus
March 8, 2006, 09:52 PM
Maybe I should start U2U ing ppl....and bother hmmmm....

I am adding all of those ppl here w/o their permission in yahoo account....

Just added 6 ppl from the above post... none are online

come on rubu where u at?

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 3:05 AM GMT, by Orpheus.

cluster11
March 15, 2006, 02:40 PM
Ok. How about starting a match thread with 2 teams playing each other? We could u2u other members in the team and decide on a move and post it here? I know sounds slow but maybe it'll be a start and posting comments in between by other members cud be fun too. (I wonder if we can post game graphics per move someway for ppl unfamiliar with chess notation) I've the following list so far:

Carte Blanche: xxx_shokk_xxx
Cats_eye: Bri_dge2001, Dhaka89
Cluster11: cluster111974@yahoo.com
Rubu: mr9rubu@yahoo.com
TeamManager: masum_aiub2001@yahoo.com
Tehsin: tehsin24@yahoo.com
Orpheus: ?
cricket_pagol: reaz13@yahoo.com

BTW, cricket pagol's brother is playing email chess with me right now. So maybe he shud in the opposite team ;).

Tigers_eye
March 16, 2006, 11:41 AM
Great thinking I want to be in the xxx group. :)

fai_hasan
March 21, 2006, 02:29 PM
i can prove you wrong if you give no time limit. cause my brain gets panicked with the time limit.

my id is fai21bd

see you in chess game:bravo:

GuruTM
November 19, 2007, 12:45 AM
About time i dig up this old thread again. These days there are a lot of BC members. So hopefully i will get more than handful of opponents. :)

So come on guys. Don't be scared. (Just kidding):-D

Give me a buzz on yahoo messenger if any of you guys want a chess game. My yahoo id is still the same.

I will go with the same question again. Can you prove me wrong?(CB, you are not invited)

Thank you.

cricman
November 19, 2007, 02:12 AM
CB is filthy good chess, remember playing him during match threads in the chat room. He was kind after he beat me.

Miss his presence in BC

Mohiul
November 19, 2007, 07:15 AM
If the match is not rated only then opposition can change time limit in the middle of the game. And if that is the case then it will not effect your rating.

The best way fix that problem is open your own table with your own limitations if you prefer. Then others will come and play against you. Hope this helps.

Thanks T_E

Tigers_eye
November 19, 2007, 10:15 AM
I will go with the same question again. Can you prove me wrong?(CB, you are not invited)

Thank you.
:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks T_E
U r welcome.

GuruTM
November 19, 2007, 08:01 PM
[বাংলা]
বাঘ ভাই, এতো হাসেন কেনো? Carte_Blancheর সাথে যতদুর মনে পরে একটা গেম হেরেছি, তাও লড়াই করে। যদিও খুব খারাপ খেলেছি আমি। পরেরবার ঠিকই দেখে নিবো। :)
একটা খেলা দেখে আমার Talent বিচার করবেন না। এতে আমার কেরিয়ার অকালেই শেষ হয়ে যেতে পারে। দয়া করে আমাকে জাতিয় দলের খেলোয়াড় দের কাতারে ফেলবেন না। :)
[/বাংলা]

tonoy
November 19, 2007, 09:01 PM
anyone wanna play? just add me at greattonoy@yahoo.com. see ya there.

One World
November 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
anyone wanna play? just add me at greattonoy@yahoo.com. see ya there.

I used to follow the book "Gary Kasparov" - was a regular player in yahoo about 5 years. May be a good time to restart.
My favourite opening : English opening.

DJ Sahastra
November 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
I haven't played any ELO rated player.

I think i can play decent chess. I was my college chess-champ for 2 years (2nd yr & Final yr - didn't play the first year, won the second year, finished a heart-breaking and tearful joint runner up in the third year and reclaimed the championship in the final year).

I tried on Yahoo too - didn't know how it worked and before i could make a move, had already lost 5-10 games. Didn't know someone had set to 1-2 seconds per move or something. Anyways, finished with 1500+ but lost interest.

The only memorable match i won was when my American manager hosted a party at his house. Somehow chess came up and i was discussing how my first tournament as a kid was a disaster - i got 'trick-mated' in 3 moves. At that point, a colleague threw in a challenge that 'there is no way one can be mated in 3 moves'. He actually bet his whole 'wallet' (and for once, it had cash/credit-card and everything). I still remember his face when in front of the whole crowd, he was shown how one can be mated in 3 moves. He sheepishly grabbed his wallet away, almost embarassed and we had a hearty laugh for days to come by.

At that point, another colleague offered to play a game. I was in no mood to spoil my party by getting absorbed in chess. So i said "i only play if there are good bets, like 200$+". People around him exhorted him until he came up from $10 bet to $50. He duly lost his security deposit and that was my first game in last 4 years.

GuruTM
November 19, 2007, 10:36 PM
OneWorld and DJ. Care to post your yahoo id? So if anyone want to play then they can play with you guys. Both of you sound like decent players.

GuruTM
November 20, 2007, 12:55 AM
I tried on Yahoo too - didn't know how it worked and before i could make a move, had already lost 5-10 games. Didn't know someone had set to 1-2 seconds per move or something. Anyways, finished with 1500+ but lost interest.

You can play in yahoo with time restriction or without it. You will have to set the time when you make a board yourself or join the board with time restriction to your liking. But on a yahoo messenger chess its lots more hassle free. You basically have a chatting environment with a chess board. Its lot more personal and lot more fun. But i agree with you, its very annoying in yahoo to play 1 to 3 miniute games with 1-5 second time increment everytime you move. Not to mention that i suck in rapid chess.

BTW, i had two very close fought games with tonoy. Attacking player. Fun to talk to. Next time i play him i will post the moves.

tonoy
November 20, 2007, 08:11 PM
You can play in yahoo with time restriction or without it. You will have to set the time when you make a board yourself or join the board with time restriction to your liking. But on a yahoo messenger chess its lots more hassle free. You basically have a chatting environment with a chess board. Its lot more personal and lot more fun. But i agree with you, its very annoying in yahoo to play 1 to 3 miniute games with 1-5 second time increment everytime you move. Not to mention that i suck in rapid chess.

BTW, i had two very close fought games with tonoy. Attacking player. Fun to talk to. Next time i play him i will post the moves.

thanks for the compliment, but you were too good. You've countered everything I attacked with.:notworthy:

Mohiul
December 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
I've created a table in yahoo chess in Alligator Tunnel with mohiul721 yahoo id. Anyone interested to play now can join my board. Waiting eagerly, please come on now

akabir77
January 18, 2008, 11:37 AM
one of the great mind in chess just died...

Chess genius Bobby Fischer, from American hero to paranoid fugitive

<script language="javascript">if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['j1C6s0SOxKI-']='&U=13b2t58bg%2fN%3dj1C6s0SOxKI-%2fC%3d619213.12054931.12500305.1442997%2fD%3dLREC %2fB%3d4919452'; </script><noscript>[IMG]http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=VMozt9G_Rt2gZbKGRpt_0A7jQo8xzEeQ1EwAAmJS&T=1d8i4at6t%2fX%3d1200673868%2fE%3d96836903%2fR%3d news%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d7 13440716%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJ Db2xkO2ZvcnR1bmU7SmV3aXNoO2NvbnNwaXJhY3k7aGFpbDt0Z XJyb3Jpc3Q7aXQ7QW1lcmljYW47ZWR1Y2F0aW9uO2Jhbms7Z29 2ZXJubWVudDt0YXg7cGFzc3BvcnQ7V2FzaGluZ3RvbjtyZWZ1c mxfY21fbXlfeWFob29fY29tIiByZWZ1cmw9InJlZnVybF9jbV9 teV95YWhvb19jb20iIHRvcGljcz0icmVmdXJsX2NtX215X3lha G9vX2NvbSI-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d3D47BFD1&U=13b2t58bg%2fN%3dj1C6s0SOxKI-%2fC%3d619213.12054931.12500305.1442997%2fD%3dLREC %2fB%3d49194</noscript> REYKJAVIK (AFP) - Bobby Fischer, who died on Thursday aged 64, was a high school dropout who may have been the greatest chess player of all time, but ended his life in eccentric seclusion.The US-born player had lived for the last two years in Iceland, after serving eight months behind bars in Japan in a new twist to a life that had gone downhill ever since his moment of glory at age 29.

Rest (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080118/en_afp/usicelandchesspeoplefischerbio)

One World
January 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
DId anybody try act of learning? Last time I played a chess game on pc was Cyrus on a 486, about 10 years ago.