PDA

View Full Version : Soccer: how is BD preparing for SAF with the Argentine coach

Dawah
December 1, 2005, 01:22 PM
Some one with interest in BD soccer please brief us how BD is preparing for SAF soccer under the new Argentine coach. Did BD improve at all?

Rubu
December 1, 2005, 04:49 PM
As far as I know, Argentine coach is thinking of leaving because he is already sick of BFF for its unprofessionalism and unwillingness to help and thin scope of work and ...... you know the whole story.

AsifTheManRahman
December 1, 2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Rubu
As far as I know, Argentine coach is thinking of leaving because he is already sick of BFF for its unprofessionalism and unwillingness to help and thin scope of work and ...... you know the whole story.

what?! already? :down:

jabbar
December 1, 2005, 05:11 PM
is BD soccer team any good?

AsifTheManRahman
December 1, 2005, 05:12 PM
define good

Dawah
December 1, 2005, 05:13 PM
You guys are matchless in making a topic off topic.
Coach leaving is an old issue. RIght now they are practicing. Someone post some reviews of how they are doing.

jabbar
December 1, 2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
define good

Well, let's lower the standards, shall we?

Good:
* Able to differentiate between an opposition and own goal.
* Ability to kick ball whilst running
* Not conceding 10 or more goals per match

AsifTheManRahman
December 1, 2005, 06:03 PM
they're very good, then.

Banglatiger84
December 2, 2005, 09:12 AM
Actually to my knowledge Bangladesh has never conceded 10 goals in a match.

Some of our toughest matches were against japan in 94 world cup qualifiers when we lost 7-1, and against saudia for 98 world cup qualifying when we lost 3-0 .

Then again we would probably concede at least 10 if we played a 1st or 2nd tier team:duh:

AsifTheManRahman
December 2, 2005, 10:23 AM
we lost 8-0 to japan once. that was probably some time in the early 90's - either a WC or an Asian qualifier.

Tigers_eye
December 2, 2005, 11:04 AM
We beat brazil in the finals 5,6,7 - 0 can't remember. mid-late 80's. My neurons are dying.

AsifTheManRahman
December 2, 2005, 02:06 PM
yeah. the national team against a bunch of 16 year olds who were not even worthy of playing in the dhaka premier league. :)

Fazal
December 2, 2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Dawah
You guys are matchless in making a topic off topic.
Look who is talking.:D

Edited on, December 2, 2005, 9:11 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Dawah
December 5, 2005, 11:54 PM
BD flying to Pakistan tonight. Good luck to them inshaaAllah.
India looks like the hardest one to face.

GuruTM
December 6, 2005, 09:26 AM
As far as i know the argentine coach is good but he is whinging about preparation a lot. Not a good sign.

Dawah
December 6, 2005, 01:48 PM
We will see how BD play against Bhutan.

AsifTheManRahman
December 6, 2005, 02:02 PM
they should cream them. anything less than 5 goals should be considered a disgrace.

but then again it's the first match of the tour, and i do understand that the boys might need some time to settle down. however, that's true about the bhutanese boys as well.

cricket_pagol
December 6, 2005, 02:09 PM
Cats_eye bhai... apni shay Damfa cup ebong gothia cup er kotha shoron korchen!!!! Amar mone achey ami jokhon ai khobor ta shune chilam, ami khub ey anondito hoye chilam. Bhabte shuru korlam je bangladesh football er onek potential achey!!!!! Bangla er shonar chele der shafolleh, gorbey bok ta bhorey gia chilo...

Then, BTV jumped in and spoiled the show. They decided to show footage of that game... From the footage you could tell that the BD players were 23-24 years old and the brazilian players were 14-15yrs old. That was very embarrassing.

Our only success after that is winning the SAFF football championship last time. No wonder, we are all cricket crazy!!!!

Dawah
December 6, 2005, 02:27 PM
In Pakistan, Bangladesh will get a lot of support as long as they are not playing against Pakistan. Especially against India, BD should feel they are in their home ground. I really hope inshaAllah, we beat India by 2-0 this time. I will be watching BD play Live thanks to where Bangladesh is supposed to be alive ;)

Dawah
December 6, 2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
they should cream them. anything less than 5 goals should be considered a disgrace.

but then again it's the first match of the tour, and i do understand that the boys might need some time to settle down. however, that's true about the bhutanese boys as well.

Bangladesh improves match by match. We have seen that a lot. I believe if BD wins by 2-0 this match, they did VERY good. I am sure coach will try to find his best team ahead of India encounter.

InshaAllah, we will win it in Pakistan unless we face a Chines cheater again.

Rabz
December 7, 2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Dawah
In Pakistan, Bangladesh will get a lot of support as long as they are not playing against Pakistan. Especially against India, BD should feel they are in their home ground. I really hope inshaAllah, we beat India by 2-0 this time. I will be watching BD play Live thanks to where Bangladesh is supposed to be alive ;)

sorry bro..u couldnt b more wrong... just becuz some of our dellusioned fans jumps around with paki flags when they r here doesnt mean the pakis gonna support us...

make my word..they wud support india before they support us...a lot of ar** lic**** is goin on that side of the frontier...

u guys remember last time bangladesh played in pak (football)... even their footballers refused to stand during our national anthem...they disrespected us completely
which was completely outrageous....

even wen our cricketers went to play in paki in 2003..
our boys were made to fly in economy class while their players were flyin the business class in the same plane..

n then our then team manager speaks out urdu in the press conference... !!!

haire kopal...!!!! amader deshe ekhono onek rajakarer chao ase jara pakistan er khela hoile mathe potaka niya doura duri shuru koira dei...

sorry to bring an off topic (also a political one) but sometimes its all interconnected.....n comes up naturally..

good luck bd footballers...hope u retain the cup...

GuruTM
December 7, 2005, 10:19 AM
What is the result of todays match? Anyone?

AsifTheManRahman
December 7, 2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Sydney
amader deshe ekhono onek rajakarer chao ase jara pakistan er khela hoile mathe potaka niya doura duri shuru koira dei...

very true...and eshob dekhle mathay rokto chore jaay!! 50 bosorer buira tui nijer chokkhe kicchu dekhos nai! naki chokh bondho koira chili? :mad:

Xavier
December 7, 2005, 02:15 PM
Here is the complete schedule for the tournament:
http://www.futbolplanet.de/asia/southasiachampionship/south_asian_championship_2005.htm
Win the best! ;)

I guess it would be a funny tournament as all these countries are cricket-mad and quite poor at football.
Also I see that usually asian teams are not very physically aggressive (as the europeans), so maybe that's a reason why they are rarely successful in world cup.:-/

Tigers_eye
December 7, 2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Xavier
maybe that's a reason why they are rarely successful in world cup.:-/

Only once a subcontinent team went to a worldcup (Greater India). However they were not allowed to play because the players would not wear cleets (shoes). All wanted to play barefooted. If I am not mistaken it was the Uruguay or Brazil WC (Either of the first two).

Since then no country from south asia ever came close to qualify for the WC. So there is no chance of being successful in the WC.

safta
December 7, 2005, 03:25 PM
Statistical data of Banladesh Football if you're interested.

click <a href="http://www.the-afc.com/english/visionasia/default.asp?section=view_pilotmarket&mnsection=visionasia&pilotmarketID=4">here</a>

Edited on, December 7, 2005, 8:36 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.edit

Dawah
December 7, 2005, 04:55 PM
Maldives beat Afghanistan 9-1
Pakistan beat Srilanka 1-0