PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: Problem woth Digital Camera Battery.

bdmoderator
December 13, 2005, 03:33 PM
I bought a Olympus digital camera. But the problem is, when I put rechargable battery in it, it shows Battery Empty and shut down autometically.

What might be the problem? Is it for the battery or charger?
I bought Sony Cyber-Shot Ni-MH Battery.

Please help me.

Tigers_eye
December 13, 2005, 04:18 PM
My guess would be the Battery. Did you buy the battery seperately or it came with the Camera? Might want to try a new battery. Test is first before buying it.

Baundule
December 14, 2005, 07:30 AM
Often it takes quite a good time (even some hours) for the battery to get properly charged! So, take that time (make sure you connected the batteries appropriately, with correct polarities to the correct end) and if still it's not working, several possibilities are:

1. The battery is not rechargeable. Solution: test with some other rechargeable battery.
2. The charger has problem. Solution: use another charger to test.
3. The Camera itself has problems. Solution: try with another set of batteries with this camera or the same set of batteries with another camera.

Don't buy a new set of batteries or a new charger. Collect them from friends for FREE.

Caution: These are very commonplace solutions, like those offered by the 'Haturey doctors'; but sometimes useful :)

cricket_pagol
December 14, 2005, 07:46 AM
I think the problem is with the rechargable battery. The rechargable battery comes with different current ratings... 1700mAH, 2100mAH, 2400mAH. I bet your batteries current rating is below 2000mAH. My guess is that anything above 2000mAh should work.

Sauron
December 15, 2005, 02:28 AM
Did this same battery work before, but then stopped working? Or is this the first time you are using this battery?

If this is the first time, you will need to charge it for a long time (usually 12 hours or so - manual will have info) before first use.

Sorry if this didn't help.

Orpheus
December 15, 2005, 05:39 AM
[i]Originally posted by Baundule[/i

3. The Camera itself has problems. Solution: try with another set of batteries with this camera or the same set of batteries with another camera.

heh.. funny guy!! I think number 1 can take care of camera malfunction problem :)

bdmoderator
December 16, 2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks to all of you. :up:

I overcame from this problem. As your suggestions, I found that both battery and charger was not perfect for digital cam. I buy new charger and battery and now it's working well. :fire:

Thanks again to all of you. All of you are very helpful. :)

Fazal
December 21, 2005, 03:08 PM
Battery problem to sharlo.....

Local Leaguer chobi ashbe kobe:-/

bdmoderator
January 20, 2006, 04:10 PM
:P Ashbe vai ashbe....

Omio
April 4, 2006, 12:35 PM
battrey should be charge at least 4 hrs