PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh in AFC Asian Nations Cup Qualifying round


Mohiul
December 26, 2005, 11:31 AM
Bangladesh beat Pakistan by 1-0 and is prompted in the qualifying round of AFC Asian Nations Cup.

Congrates Joy Bahini. Let's give them a big hand.:great:

Runtings
December 26, 2005, 12:43 PM
Anyone know who scored and how we played?

Well done bd football team, a slight consoliation to for not winning the SAFF Cup.:D

imtiaz82
December 26, 2005, 02:05 PM
Shabaash bagher bacha shobgula :D

:fanflag:

Cricket46
December 26, 2005, 02:13 PM
Good news! I was frantically surfing the Internet for the result.

Mohiul
December 26, 2005, 02:46 PM
Titu scored the goal but I don't know the time.

mshakir56
December 26, 2005, 04:55 PM
<html><body>
:fanflag: <h3>A big round of applause for all the tigers. You did it ! You won ! </h3> :bravo: </body></html>

mshakir56
December 26, 2005, 05:12 PM
Tigers, All you have to do now is beat India to show them who is the big daddy !:fanflag:

howzatt!
December 26, 2005, 07:05 PM
titu scored the only goal on 39th minute.

AsifTheManRahman
December 26, 2005, 09:42 PM
2 wins in december! shabbash:up:

Edited on, December 27, 2005, 2:42 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Reason: :up:

Edited on, December 27, 2005, 2:43 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Reason: sorry, can't help reminding myself that it's december

sabbir ahmad
December 26, 2005, 10:45 PM
sabash bangladesh:joy:

Tigers_eye
December 27, 2005, 09:29 AM
Good win. who is next in line? Japan or South Korea? Fear for the worst. :)

abdulw11
December 27, 2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Runtings
Anyone know who scored and how we played?

Well done bd football team, a slight consoliation to for not winning the SAFF Cup.:D

Firaj Mahmud Hossain sent Bangladesh through to the qualifying competition for the AFC Asian Cup 2007, scoring a late winner in a 1-0 victory over Pakistan at the People’s Sports Complex in Karachi on Monday.

With the pre-qualifying tie deadlocked following a goalless first leg at the Bangabandhu National Stadium in Dhaka on December 22, left-back Hossain notched the crucial goal six minutes from time, lobbing the ball past goalkeeper Jaffar Khan to sink Pakistani hopes.

The home side enjoyed greater possession over the course of the 90 minutes but misses by the likes of Zaheed Hamid, Naveed Akram and Muhammad Essa would ultimately prove costly as Pakistan missed out on the final qualifying round of the Asian Cup.

abdulw11
December 27, 2005, 10:28 AM
go to my site, www.bangladeshfootball.tk for the latest on the national squad of BD. There is also a forum that you can join.

btw, bangladesh climbed 10 places in the FIFA rankings from 170 to 160.

Tigers_eye
December 27, 2005, 11:53 AM
Welcome abdulw11 to BC.

Cannot get to your site. Office security blocks it for some reason.
Unless you have witnessed the match live, could you please provide the source of your report. Thanks.

Originally posted by abdulw11
Firaj Mahmud Hossain sent Bangladesh through to the qualifying competition for the AFC Asian Cup 2007, scoring a late winner in a 1-0 victory over Pakistan at the People’s Sports Complex in Karachi on Monday.

With the pre-qualifying tie deadlocked following a goalless first leg at the Bangabandhu National Stadium in Dhaka on December 22, left-back Hossain notched the crucial goal six minutes from time, lobbing the ball past goalkeeper Jaffar Khan to sink Pakistani hopes.

The home side enjoyed greater possession over the course of the 90 minutes but misses by the likes of Zaheed Hamid, Naveed Akram and Muhammad Essa would ultimately prove costly as Pakistan missed out on the final qualifying round of the Asian Cup.

abdulw11
December 27, 2005, 03:13 PM
www.footballasia.com is where i got the info from

Tigers_eye
December 27, 2005, 03:40 PM
Our football is in pathetic stage. Among SAF teams we are with the bottom halves. India, Maldives, Srilanka and Pakistan are all above us (FIFA ranking). Only Nepal's decline is like ours.

India 127
Maldives 133
SL 144
Pakistan 158
BD 160
Nepal 175

In 1996 we were ranked 110. We are going backwards.

imtiaz82
December 27, 2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Our football is in pathetic stage. Among SAF teams we are with the bottom halves. India, Maldives, Srilanka and Pakistan are all above us (FIFA ranking). Only Nepal's decline is like ours.

India 127
Maldives 133
SL 144
Pakistan 158
BD 160
Nepal 175

In 1996 we were ranked 110. We are going backwards.

The ranking doesn't make sense to me. We are much better than Pakistan(proved by the fact that we beat them twice in one month), also we have beaten Maldives numerous times, even in last SAAF we beat Maldives to win the cup.

India is the only side I would think is slightly better than Bangladesh atleast if we go by past record.

FIFA ranking SUCKS big time :E

howzatt!
December 27, 2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by imtiaz82
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Our football is in pathetic stage. Among SAF teams we are with the bottom halves. India, Maldives, Srilanka and Pakistan are all above us (FIFA ranking). Only Nepal's decline is like ours.

India 127
Maldives 133
SL 144
Pakistan 158
BD 160
Nepal 175

In 1996 we were ranked 110. We are going backwards.

The ranking doesn't make sense to me. We are much better than Pakistan(proved by the fact that we beat them twice in one month), also we have beaten Maldives numerous times, even in last SAAF we beat Maldives to win the cup.

India is the only side I would think is slightly better than Bangladesh atleast if we go by past record.

FIFA ranking SUCKS big time :E

fifa rankings are computed like ICC rankings. They compute a team's score according to their performance of past 5 years or so(not sure how many). A team can be very good but have a bad FIFA ranking becasue of not playing too many international matches. so, rankings don't really show a team's true strength. The reason BD's ranking is so bad is beacsue BD football team was performing horribly in late 90's. then BFF decided not to participate in international tournaments like asia cup, world cup qualifying rounds until they improved. they only played in SAFF games and SAFF football tournaments. Whereas maldives, sri lanka, pakistan played in qualifying rounds of asia cup and world cup. thats why BD's score is so low. but don't worry. Since BD is now back hopefully our rankings will improve.

mshakir56
December 27, 2005, 08:03 PM
I really hope that our ranking improves.

Tehsin
December 27, 2005, 08:51 PM
They also look at results against better ranked sides. Beating a team like India would give us a better ranking then beating Pakistan. Beating a team like Japan would improve the ranking even more. :)

Banglatiger84
December 28, 2005, 04:18 AM
Dont ever ever trust FIFA Rankings !

They are often skewed because of quality of opposition as a result teams like Mexico and USA are in top ten.

Ahmed_B
December 28, 2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by mshakir56
I really hope that our ranking improves.
Few wins in the last couple of months have got BD ranking to improve already. Prior to this.. our ranking was probably something like 189 (dont remember accurately).

BTW... any sports ranking is calculated over a certain period of time and just winning a few games never change any ranking dramatically. Its long term consistance and winning that counts.

Best of luck to the BD team for future!

Runtings
December 28, 2005, 07:39 AM
abdulw11...nice site

have you got plans to expand the site to include pics etc......have u seen www.indianfootball.com and even www.footballpakistan.com as they are quite impressive sites.

It would be nice to have a decent Bd football website. I have quite a few Bd football pics you may be interested in. If so send me your email via U2U.

Mohiul
December 28, 2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Runtings
abdulw11...nice site

have you got plans to expand the site to include pics etc......have u seen www.indianfootball.com and even www.footballpakistan.com as they are quite impressive sites.

It would be nice to have a decent Bd football website. I have quite a few Bd football pics you may be interested in. If so send me your email via U2U.


the site got nothing/blank.

Shehwar
December 28, 2005, 10:19 AM
Well done Bengal Tigers! Thats the way to do it.......:up:

mshakir56
January 1, 2006, 12:04 AM
Don't let us down, keep up the good work.:joy: