PDA

View Full Version : AFC Challenge Cup , Bangladesh April 06

jonny
December 30, 2005, 11:49 AM
C : Palestine, Bangladesh , Cambodia and Guam

4 groups of 4 , in Dhaka and Chittagong

Start April 1

Best two in each group to quarterfinals.

http://www.the-afc.com/uploaded/news/AFC_CHALLENGE_CUP.pdf

Edited on, March 25, 2006, 11:02 PM GMT, by jonny.

Edited on, March 25, 2006, 11:03 PM GMT, by jonny.

sadi
December 30, 2005, 12:24 PM
I thought Pakistan is out

Tigers_eye
December 30, 2005, 12:49 PM
must be a different tournament than the Asian Qualifier.

jonny
December 30, 2005, 03:48 PM
This AFC Challenge Cup not AFC Asian Cup...

Draw for Asian Cup on January 4...

jonny
December 30, 2005, 03:49 PM
KUALA LUMPUR: The AFC President's Cup and Challenge Cup Organising Committee, chaired by Ganesh Thapa, decided to allot the opening ceremony of the maiden AFC Challenge Cup to Bangladesh at its meeting here on Monday.

Bangladesh and Nepal will co-host the tournament which features 16 ‘emerging’ countries, divided into four groups, and will run from March 25 to April 9, 2006.

The final of the coveted event will be played in Nepal, if Bangladesh does not make it to the summit clash. Nepal will be the hosts even if both the hosts make it to the final.

The final match will be played in Bangladesh only if they reach the final against any other team.

Group A comprises India, Chinese Taipei, the Philippines and Afghanistan while co-hosts Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Brunei are in Group B. Co-hosts Bangladesh are alongside Palestine, Cambodia and Guam in Group C while two the Central Asian countries of Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan have been drawn in Group D with Pakistan and Macau.

Groups A and B will be played in Nepal while the matches of Groups C and D will be held in Bangladesh.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=4586

mshakir56
December 30, 2005, 09:12 PM
Hope this time we will win the tournament.

mshakir56
December 31, 2005, 11:55 PM
do you guys think we can win this tournament?

sadi
January 3, 2006, 12:42 PM
huh... really?? :lol:.. nah I don't think so

naheyan
January 9, 2006, 05:06 AM
hope we make it to the second round atleast........
palestine shud be a ggod team. no idea abt guam and cambodia...

jonny
February 21, 2006, 01:56 PM
Bangladesh to be sole host of inaugural AFC Challenge Cup 2006
21 February 2006

KUALA LUMPUR: During the meeting of the AFC Challenge Cup and AFC President’s Cup Organising Committee earlier today at AFC House in Kuala Lumpur, it was decided that Bangladesh would be the sole host of the inaugural edition of the AFC Challenge Cup, due to the current unrest in Nepal.

The dates of the competition were also amended from 25th March to 7th April 2006, to Saturday 1st April to Sunday 16th April 2006, in order not to clash with the Independence Day activities on 26th March 2006 in Bangladesh.

The AFC Challenge Cup, which provides an international competition platform for sixteen teams from the emerging and developing countries, will be played in two venues, Dhaka and Chittagong.

Detailed competition information will be available at the AFC Challenge Cup mini-site hosted on www.the-afc.com from Friday 24th March 2006.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=5152

jonny
March 5, 2006, 02:34 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: Bangladesh have been slotted against Cambodia in what will be a tricky opener for the hosts at the Bangabandhu Stadium in Dhaka even as SAFF champions India take on Afghanistan at the MA Aziz Stadium in Chittagong on the first day of the inaugural AFC Challenge Cup on April 1.

The other teams in action on the opening day are Chinese Taipei who play the Philippines and Palestine who should be favourites against Guam.

Sixteen teams from the AFC’s ‘emerging countries’ are vying for the honours in this tournament which is the only one other than the blue riband AFC Asian Cup bringing together so many countries on the same platform.

The teams have been split into four groups with India, Chinese Taipei, the Philippines and Afghanistan in Group A and Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Brunei in Group B. Both these groups will play their matches at the MA Aziz Stadium in the picturesque port city of Chittagong.

Group C comprises hosts Bangladesh, Palestine, Cambodia and Guam while Group D has Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan and Macau. The last two groups play their matches at the Bangabandhu Stadium in the bustling capital city of Dhaka.

Two matches will be played at both the venues every day from April 1-6 in the group campaign with the first match kicking off at 1530 hours local time and the second match at 1800 hours.

In the quarterfinals, the winners of Group C will play the runners-up from Group D at the Bangabandhu Stadium on April 8 while the Group B toppers clash with the Group A runners-up in Chittagong the same day.

On April 9, the Group A winners play the Group B runners-up in Chittagong while the Group D toppers clash with the runners-up of Group C in Dhaka for a place in the last four. The quarterfinals will take place at 1700 hours local time.

The 1st semifinal will be played on April 12 (Wednesday) at the MA Aziz Stadium in Chittagong and the 2nd semifinal on April 13 (Thursday) at the Bangabandhu Stadium in Dhaka. Both the matches are scheduled for 1700 hours local time.

The final takes place on April 16 (Sunday) at the Bangabandhu Stadium at 1700 hours.

All the matches will be telecast live on Bangladesh TV.

(The complete fixtures list will be available soon on the AFC Challenge Cup minisite on www.the-afc.com.)

mshakir56
March 5, 2006, 04:41 PM
Thats a great news, we will be hosting the inaugural of the AFC challange cup. :joy:

jonny
March 25, 2006, 05:57 PM
AFC Challenge Cup Website

Start April 1

http://www.the-afc.com/english/competitions/challengeCup/default.asp?hittype=banner

Matches on tv in Bangladesh? How can I watch them on internet?

jonny
March 28, 2006, 11:22 AM
BTV to live all matches from Dhaka and Chittagong!!

2006-03-28 07:10:41

Bangladeshi Television is beaming live telecast of all matches of AFC Challenge Cup played at two venues; Dhaka and Chittagong, Organizing committee secretary Anwarul Hoque Helal informed reporters in Dhaka.

Hoque Helal was addressing the journalist in Dhaka about the hosts’ preparation for the AFC extravaganza. Anwarul Hoque Helal also informed that the publicity will begin today through electronic media while posters, festoons and banners will cover the two cities to attract the fans.

"Bangladesh Television will telecast all matches live from Dhaka and Chittagong through its terrestrial and satellite channels," Helal said.

SoccerAgeNepal

Mohiul
March 29, 2006, 08:01 AM
Can any BC Member please keep update us from Dhaka while matches are on?

Cricket46
March 29, 2006, 12:21 PM
Is there any way to get video or even audio? Last time yaseer was giving text updates.

Mohiul
April 1, 2006, 07:49 AM
BD ahead by 1-0 after 1 hour against Cambodia. You can get the update in the following link.

http://www.bffonline.com

Edited on, April 1, 2006, 12:51 PM GMT, by bdcricmad.

Mohiul
April 1, 2006, 08:23 AM
AFC Challenge Cup 2006, 01/04/06 BD vs Cambodia:

BD is ahead by 2-0 in the unfinished 2nd half.

Mohiul
April 1, 2006, 08:30 AM
it's 2-1 by now

sar2005
April 1, 2006, 12:53 PM
Looks like BD will make the QF quite easily. They need to beat Palestine to become group champion. But Palestine scored 11 goals in today's match.

Does anybody know whom BD may face in QF if they bcome gr champ or runner-up?

abdulw11
April 1, 2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sar2005
But Palestine scored 11 goals in today's match.

But dont forget this was against the second <strike> shi </strike> worst team in the world.

Mohiul
April 1, 2006, 01:42 PM
Looks like BD will make the QF quite easily. They need to beat Palestine to become group champion. But Palestine scored 11 goals in today's match.

Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan

Shehwar
April 1, 2006, 03:18 PM
Welldone Bangladesh! decent start!

jonny
April 1, 2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by bdcricmad

Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan

Could also be Pakistan...

sar2005
April 2, 2006, 06:42 AM
so, if we need to face Tajikistan, it means we would be out in QF :-/

sar2005
April 3, 2006, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by abdulw11
But Palestine scored 11 goals in today's match.

But dont forget this was against the second <strike> shi </strike> worst team in the world.

But BD is still going 0-0 against them. And palestine won 4-0 against Cambodia.

Mohiul
April 3, 2006, 08:03 AM
03/04/06, BD vs Guam

it's a shame after HT, still BD is 0-0 against Guam

jonny
April 3, 2006, 08:11 AM
They scored now ! Bangladesh leading 1-0 , but not very impressive .... Palestine won 11-0 against Guam

BD Tigers
April 3, 2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by jonny
They scored now ! Bangladesh leading 1-0 , but not very impressive .... Palestine won 11-0 against Guam

how many mins left? 1st or 2nd half playing? Its a shame if they only by 1 goal.

Mohiul
April 3, 2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by BD Tigers

how many mins left? 1st or 2nd half playing? Its a shame if they only by 1 goal.

2nd half, I think last 10-15 minutes.

Mohiul
April 3, 2006, 08:41 AM
it's 2-0 now, though I was expecting much more than this.

sar2005
April 3, 2006, 08:53 AM
BD has won the match 3-0 and got a birth at QF.
Will they win against Palestine??

Shehwar
April 3, 2006, 12:24 PM
We have reached the quarterfinals now. I have a feeling we might give Palestine a run for their money...

abdulw11
April 3, 2006, 05:00 PM
Just saw the AFC Challenge Cup being mentioned on SkySports News. They showed the goals from India v The Philippines and Afghanistan v Chinese Taipei. No Bangladesh goals though :(

Still I think it is a big step forward for the competition for getting noticed by SkySports.

Mohiul
April 5, 2006, 05:21 AM
05/04/06 BD vs Palestine

BD down by 1-0 after 1st half.

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2006, 05:33 AM
wow...some hardcore soccer action going on here, and all this time i was simply avoiding this thread! throw dung at my face!

anyways, decent going so far. hope we can pull off a win in this game. 0 -1 still doesn't look all that bad.

dxmanbd
April 5, 2006, 05:35 AM
bdcricmad please update us with the progress of the game.
Thanks.

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2006, 05:38 AM
btw are cambodia a weaker side or did we just get better?

Mohiul
April 5, 2006, 05:49 AM
wow, BD leveled it up 1-1, good fighting spirit, 2nd half going on.

Edited on, April 5, 2006, 10:50 AM GMT, by bdcricmad.

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2006, 05:53 AM
:fanflag: :up: shabbaaaaaassshhhh :up: one more!

dxmanbd
April 5, 2006, 05:56 AM
We did'nt get better but still enough strong to beat Cambodia. I have seen the game from stadium. Cambodia is improving but due to the lack of physical fitness they did'nt won the match.

Today's match is vital for us to know our real status.

dxmanbd
April 5, 2006, 05:59 AM
Great to see the score line. Keep going tigers..

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2006, 06:00 AM
hmm...so you're saying that palestine are actually quite strong? i mean i know about their 11-0 and 4-0 wins against the other teams, but could we take more pride in beating palestine than we would, say, in winning the SAFF?

Shehwar
April 5, 2006, 06:08 AM
Still 1-1....We need to win this match to be group Champs and avoid Tajikistan in the quarter-finals...A draw is no good for us as The Palestinis have a superior goal difference...Lets hope for the best...cheers...

Shehwar
April 5, 2006, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
hmm...so you're saying that palestine are actually quite strong? i mean i know about their 11-0 and 4-0 wins against the other teams, but could we take more pride in beating palestine than we would, say, in winning the SAFF?

I actually think we could bro....I wud rate them a lot better than India who are considered the best in South Asia..

Mohiul
April 5, 2006, 06:12 AM
Hey dxmanbd, you are in Dhaka. So, you can update us from BTV more quickly than me.

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2006, 06:14 AM
shehwar, you really think india are the best in south asia? i would argue that we are :)

dxmanbd
April 5, 2006, 06:22 AM
I am in office and have no access to TV so relying on you. BTW are you watching BTV world from abroad?

Shehwar
April 5, 2006, 06:22 AM
shehwar, you really think india are the best in south asia? i would argue that we are :)

We are definitely the best in South Asia...We alwayz have been....We have football in our bloods.....I agree 100% with you bro...Thats why I said They are 'CONSIDERED' the best in South Asia....However we neva really played to our potential which is so frustrating...I alwayz believed and still believe that any team in South Asia should be blown away by us....Anywayz..cheers bro....

Mohiul
April 5, 2006, 06:23 AM
The match drawn by 1-1

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2006, 06:25 AM
awww...so we do have to face Tajikistan in the quarter finals now :(

oh well, let's hope for a miracle :)

dxmanbd
April 5, 2006, 06:29 AM
That's great. hope for the best.:flag:

Shehwar
April 5, 2006, 06:32 AM
Yeah...Just our luck!!!!! Now we have to face the best team of the competition in the Q/F...We can only hope for a miracle now..

Mohiul
April 5, 2006, 06:34 AM
awww...so we do have to face Tajikistan in the quarter finals now :(

oh well, let's hope for a miracle :)

Cruciani quoted yesterday that "If the target is the championship then the best thing is to be ready to face anyone." Though I cannot quote it in full but the main thing is like this.

Edited on, April 5, 2006, 11:35 AM GMT, by bdcricmad.

Shafin
April 5, 2006, 07:58 AM
The match drawn by 1-1

Its good for us that we could draw with Palastine,they are way ahead of us in the rankings,this will help us mentally in the quarter finals.Just see the previous results:
Palestine trounced Guam 11-0 while we could manage mere 3-0,we got 2-1 against combodia which was defeated 4-0,still we managed to eraw the match,its a good achievement.

ibnul
April 5, 2006, 08:40 AM
Tajikistan is not that good, just beat Pakistan 2-0, I fancy our chance in a full house and vocal support of the home fans. Go Bangladesh, believe in yourself.

Mohiul
April 5, 2006, 09:11 AM
BD 2nd string team did this draw with Palestine. Cruciani rested 8 players from the 1st eleven while Palestine rested 4 of the 1st eleven.

Shafin
April 5, 2006, 09:23 AM
BD 2nd string team did this draw with Palestine. Cruciani rested 8 players from the 1st eleven while Palestine rested 4 of the 1st eleven.
Sadly,our 2nd team also drew with Full power India in hte saaf championship,but in the final,our main team lost to the same team 2-0.So i'm not that sure it's been a good idea resting the seniors.

sadi
April 5, 2006, 10:08 AM
I think our second string team plays better than our main team... so lets play this team for the QF :P

Tigers_eye
April 5, 2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by sadi
I think our second string team plays better than our main team... so lets play this team for the QF :P
History surely supports it.

Do you remember lal shobuj dol?

akabir77
April 5, 2006, 01:40 PM
i support that 2 play the 2nd string tehn u have strong reserve and can have 3 chgs...

Mohiul
April 6, 2006, 04:11 AM
06/04/06, Tajikistan vs Kyrgyzstan, Kyrgyzstan ahead by 1-0 before HT.

Isn't it a surprise?

Shehwar
April 7, 2006, 03:44 AM
Quite a surprise! Infact they lost!!!

Tigers_eye
April 7, 2006, 11:12 AM
So we are facing Tajikistan. Hopefully (inshallah) we can get to the finals.

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 4:22 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Mohiul
April 7, 2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
So we are facing Tajikistan. Hopefully (inshallah) we can get to the finals.

Edited on, April 7, 2006, 4:22 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Brother, after getting to semifinal through Tajikistan, we have face Palestine there.

AsifTheManRahman
April 7, 2006, 12:50 PM
who our second-string gave a run for their money :)

well, yeah i guess it's gonna be pretty difficult against the palestinians (if we get past tajikistan, i.e.)

btw, i thought tajikistan lost to kyrgyzstan? so shouldn't we be playing the latter? or does it not matter?

abdulw11
April 8, 2006, 06:06 AM

btw, i thought tajikistan lost to kyrgyzstan? so shouldn't we be playing the latter? or does it not matter?

The runners up of group D (Kyrgyzstan) play the winners of group C (Palestine) and winners of group D (Tajikistan) play runners up of group C (Bangladesh). Tajikstan only won their group on goal difference just like Palestine.

thebest
April 8, 2006, 08:33 AM
isn't the q/f today

Miraz
April 8, 2006, 08:49 AM
Todays q/f is between Srilanka and Chinese Taipe

BD Vs Tajikistan on 10th April

sar2005
April 8, 2006, 10:12 AM
Srilanka won by 3-0 against C.Taipe and become the first team to move to SF.

If Kyrgyztan can beat Tajikistan, I must see a hope to beat them.

Shehwar
April 8, 2006, 02:39 PM
Srilanka stunned Chinese Taipe 3-0!!!! What the .... ! ...... I so wish we had them in the Q/F ... Instead its gonna be Palestine if we get past Tajikistan.......We've got a cruel draw....

abdulw11
April 8, 2006, 05:13 PM
I don't know why alot of people are worried about BD facing Tajikistan. They ain't anything special, they're just 2 places above BD in the rankings. Palestine is much higher than them and BD still drew with them (and with our 2nd string team, might I add). Tajik also lost to Kyrgyzstan who is 159th.

So I think BD should be confident and beat them.

jonny
April 9, 2006, 02:41 AM
DHAKA: Bangladesh will take inspiration from the impressive show of the reserve bench against Palestine when the hosts take on Tajikistan in the quarterfinal of the AFC Challenge Cup on Monday.

The second-string Bangladesh side held favourites Palestine to a 1-1 draw in their group finale but it would be a difficult task when Bangladesh make an attempt to beat Tajikistan for the first time.

Bangladesh not only lost twice to Tajikistan, 2-0 in both the home and away games in the World Cup pre-qualifiers in 2003, in their previous meetings but also are one place below in the FIFA Rankings. They are also the third- and fourth-ranked teams respectively in the 16-team competition.

"FIFA Rankings are deceptive and I know Tajikistan are far stronger and difficult than the ranking suggests," Cruciani said.

The young players' performance has given the Argentine coach a nice selection problem but he is likely to stick to his original line-up because of experience.

"The spirit and mentality are better after the match against Palestine. We have rested and trained well and every player is 100 percent fit," Cruciani told.

"The younger ones doing well is not pressure, it is a nice problem to have for a coach. But we played the last match without pressure because we had qualified. Now I have to wait to see who are the best, mentally and physically, before selecting the final eleven," said Cruciani adding that his young side have showed improvement after defeats to Uzbekistan and Hong Kong in the Asian Cup qualifiers.

Tajikistan coach Sharif Nazarov, who also had rested seven key players against Kyrgyzstan and lost the game, informed that every player was available.

"Every match is a pressure, not just because we are playing the hosts. I rate all teams with respect, not only Bangladesh," said Nazarov, who is on his second visit to Bangladesh.

"Yes my team beat them twice three years earlier but we have only 30 per cent players from that side. It will depend on which team is better on the day. Every team want to win, so do we."

http://www.the-afc.com/english/competitions/challengeCup/news/default.asp?action=newsDetails&newsID=5582

Mohiul
April 9, 2006, 06:52 AM
Kyrgyzstan gave realy shock to Palestine by winning quarter final by 1-0.

thebest
April 9, 2006, 07:01 AM
Football look at cricket team. Today we won at Fatullah againest all odd. So go for the kill

Shehwar
April 9, 2006, 12:11 PM
Shocking results at the Q/F today... Palestine are out! And Nepal clobbered India 3-0!!!...Suddenly we are the hottest team left in the tournament if we can get past Tajikistan in the Q/F...Cheers.

Kyrgyzstan upset Palestine to reach semifinal (http://www.the-afc.com/english/competitions/challengeCup/news/default.asp?action=newsDetails&newsID=5588)

Nepal sail into last four (http://www.the-afc.com/english/competitions/challengeCup/news/default.asp?action=newsDetails&newsID=5589)

ialbd
April 9, 2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Shehwar
Shocking results at the Q/F today... Palestine are out! And Nepal clobbered India 3-0!!!...Suddenly we are the hottest team left in the tournament if we can get past Tajikistan in the Q/F...Cheers.

Kyrgyzstan upset Palestine to reach semifinal (http://www.the-afc.com/english/competitions/challengeCup/news/default.asp?action=newsDetails&newsID=5588)

Nepal sail into last four (http://www.the-afc.com/english/competitions/challengeCup/news/default.asp?action=newsDetails&newsID=5589)

charidike eto shock....
________
Og Kush Marijuana (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/og-kush)

abdulw11
April 9, 2006, 03:11 PM
India sent out their under 23 team for this tournament. What was their reasoning? For their u23 team to gain experience and exposure for some upcoming youth tournament. But the real reason was that they wanted to avoid embarassing defeats (like vs Nepal) from affecting their FIFA ranking. One would've thought that, with the upcoming Asian qualifiers, their senior team could do with the match practice. I think this was a very cowardly move by the All-India Football Federation.

Anyway, enough with the Indian team. I think that the BD football team should draw inspiration from Bashar's boys and fly past the Tajiks. If BD win they will be firm favourites for the title.

abdulw11
April 10, 2006, 06:55 AM
WTF???!!! I hope I'm mistaken but the-afc.com shows that BD lost 5-1!

Perhaps their mind was in Fatullah...

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 07:22 AM
WTF???!!! I hope I'm mistaken but the-afc.com shows that BD lost 5-1!

Perhaps their mind was in Fatullah...
is it True???

abdulw11
April 10, 2006, 07:26 AM
is it True???

Nope...it's even worse...6-1!!!!

Source: http://the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=5601

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 07:32 AM
Well done BD,the football team is gaining more popularity for cricket :D

Ejaj
April 13, 2006, 12:41 PM
BFF should be stripped off from the ownership of bangabondhu stadium. they dont deserv this stadium. The best place for them........ Kamlapur stadium. :D

Shafin
April 14, 2006, 06:22 AM
If they keep performing like this,that will surely happen one day