PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Football

Cricket Crazy
January 19, 2006, 07:55 AM
WHO SUPPORTS ARSENAL? :fire::joy::up::ninja:

[Edited on 1-23-2006 by chinaman]

Banglatiger84
January 20, 2006, 07:38 AM
I support Arsenal but only against Chelsea and Man U.

I never liked arsenal but started supporting them after seeing the sheer arrogance of chelsea and Man u.

Arsenal have a bit more class and i also like the fact that they compete with Chelsea inspite of not being funded by a billionaire.

Arsene Wenger is also great for identifying talent, something that Chelsea can never do!

Hatebreed
January 23, 2006, 07:07 AM
I support Manchester United and any team against Arseanal.. Man U is the greatest and one of the most reputable football club in the world :)

LOL even Mourinho hates Arsenal with a passion and would rather lose to Man U.. Wenger is a whiner.. Mourinho is arrogant but still a better manager

:fanflag:

Sorry
January 23, 2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Hatebreed
Man U is the greatest and one of the most reputable football club in the world :)

I disagree. It has to be Liverpool. They won 18 times Premier League and 5 times European cup compared to Manure who won 7 times premier League and 1 time European cup.

Hatebreed
January 23, 2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Sorry
Man U is the greatest and one of the most reputable football club in the world :)

I disagree. It has to be Liverpool. They won 18 times Premier League and 5 times European cup compared to Manure who won 7 times premier League and 1 time European cup.

Hahaha so what? Liverpool won all those when the league was in four divisions with stale competition from the former league members..it was a joke!.. tell me how many times have they won it after the present and 'proper' premier league was formed in '92?? "ZERO".. zilch.. 'na-da'... and FIY, Man U won it 8 times (including 1st and 3 successive wins), and that's out of only 14 premierships played to this date...

also tell me when was the last time Liverpool completed the Premiership victory with a 6-1 thrashing of your favourite Arseanal?.. Liverpool's shining days in the premier league are long over..I should tell you they are my 2nd favourite team.. You should be more concerned about Arsenal's funeral.. you might wana change its dodgy name and called Doncaster-2 instead.. Wigan is replacing them quite well.. Manchester United is still the greatest club of all and you know it :)

Anyway I'm celebrating Man U's victory over Liverpool yesterday while Arsenal got beat by Everton.. tsk tsk :cool:

Banglatiger84
January 24, 2006, 06:22 AM

Mourinho is arrogant but still a better manager

I support Manchester United and any team against Arseanal.. Man U is the greatest and one of the most reputable football club in the world :)

LOL even Mourinho hates Arsenal with a passion and would rather lose to Man U.. Wenger is a whiner.. Mourinho is arrogant but still a better manager

Its easy to be a "better manager" when you are funded by a billionaire.

Wenger has a better transfer record even with limited funds, and can spot talent which is different from Chelsea's policy of overpaying for playings & buying them just to prevent them going elsewhere .

Banglatiger84
January 24, 2006, 06:25 AM

Man utd were the gr8est english side from 1993 to 2004, but now Man Utd are on the decline. Lets not forget Cantona's kung fu kick and that Keane actually intentionally destroyed someones career via premeditated assault (Haaland). He deserves to be behind bars.

Also, over the last few years, Man Utd had more than their share of dubious refereeing decisions.

The victory that ended Arsenals 49 game unbeaten streak was possible only through a Rooney dive. ;)

[Edited on 24-1-2006 by Banglatiger84]

Hatebreed
January 24, 2006, 06:27 AM
Oh well works ok for them doesn't it? They're doing good, they won again!... I wish at least Man U wasn't taken over by a freak like Glazer! hmph

Hatebreed
January 24, 2006, 06:31 AM
Man U needs to make a comeback next season.. We draw too many games and that's gotta change.. Keane is gone for good but Rooney is an important aspect of the club and England as well.. I wouldn't indicate anything bad about his diving talents :)

thebest
January 25, 2006, 03:48 AM
Only fools believe Man U is the greatest English Team. How many european cup u won 1 or 2. Even Nottinham Forrest won 2 european cup.Liverpool is the greatest english team. If you have any doubt just throw it
We have 5 european cup. The latest one is 2005. and hopefully 2006 also. By the way there is no champions league for MU this time.
To Man U supporter First won 5 european championship and then claim u r the greatest before that salute the greatest - LIverpool Football Club.

Edited on, January 25, 2006, 8:53 AM GMT, by thebest.

Hatebreed
January 25, 2006, 04:31 AM
I don't agree.. Liverpool is not consistent in their own league.. They've done well away from home that I'm not denying.. read my previous post, I said Liverpool is my 2nd favourite team.

Tigers_eye
January 25, 2006, 08:39 AM
Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool. The 3 best teams in premiership league history. I can give you stats to back that up.

Cricket Crazy
January 25, 2006, 10:51 AM
I hate MAN U so much. I only like Arsenal. They are great. Also I support any team playing against MAN U except Chelsea. They just got too much money and now they can't stop showing of!!! :karate:

Hatebreed
January 25, 2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Cricket Crazy
I hate MAN U so much. I only like Arsenal. They are great. Also I support any team playing against MAN U except Chelsea. They just got too much money and now they can't stop showing of!!! :karate:

Arsenal is not even worth being considered Man Utd's rival.. even Wigan or Everton is plays better.

Banglatiger84
January 26, 2006, 04:35 AM
Man Utd as usual were helped by the referee to winning against Blackburn.

Shame that a squad assembled with 150million $ needed a biased and corrupt referee to win against a team who cost $15 million :down:

Tonight Ferdinand did a handball which went ignored because Poll was scared of angering the Old Trafford faithful, yet Zurabs unintentional

This is the 5th time in recent years where the referee blatantly helped Man Utd against Blackburn.

You know why i support Blackburn?
Because they have consistently showed it up to the "big boys" who have ten times the money and refereeing support.

Tonight they played without their main 2 strikers and were up against one of the best sides in the country along with a referee who favored Man U in every 50-50 yet they were in it till the last minute and would have gone through with a 2-2 draw if not for Poll :mad:

Hatebreed
January 26, 2006, 07:29 AM
I think the real problem here is:

"Man U has more money therefore they're evil"

Man U is no BCCI, at least I can tell you that!

Sorry
January 26, 2006, 01:33 PM
guys, whoever you support is fine. your team doesn't have to be best. you like your team, thats all. most people in their 30's probably support Liverpool (i am a liverpool fan for 15 years) and those who are in their 20's will probably support arsenal and manure, and the new kids in the town will like chelsea......this is just a trend in terms of domination.

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2006, 01:35 PM
40's? Liverpool also. So by default Liverpool wins.

Sorry
January 26, 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
40's? Liverpool also. So by default Liverpool wins.
might find a few everton fans.
btw, are you in your 40's if you don't mind? i thought you are half of that...

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
I can still say I am in the 30's :) . But closer to the 40's than the 20's. By heart I am still a teenager. :)

Hatebreed
January 26, 2006, 05:03 PM
Sorry if you think each should like whatever team they support, don't embarass yourself by deliberately calling another team 'Manure' when I did not make fun of your team Liverpool.. for my age at least I know ekaj apnar boyoshe 'shobha' pay na.

Sorry
January 26, 2006, 06:44 PM
Sorry if you think each should like whatever team they support, don't embarass yourself by deliberately calling another team 'Manure' when I did not make fun of your team Liverpool.. for my age at least I know ekaj apnar boyoshe 'shobha' pay na.
my friend, don't get offended for this simple issues and don't make me feel old. i deliberately did it to see your reaction. harmless jokes.

Hatebreed
January 26, 2006, 07:50 PM
hmmm.. well it's unfair to deliberately make me feel mad.. especially after our u2u conversation you know i'm not having a gr8 time for jokes.. anyway i'm off this topic.

Sorry
January 26, 2006, 07:56 PM
hmmm.. well it's unfair to deliberately make me feel mad.. especially after our u2u conversation you know i'm not having a gr8 time for jokes.. anyway i'm off this topic.
its very hard to judge how people react to different things but no harms were intended. i hope everything fine with your difficulties now.

Hatebreed
January 26, 2006, 08:54 PM
no worries bro :)

Banglatiger84
January 27, 2006, 03:12 AM
guys, whoever you support is fine. your team doesn't have to be best. you like your team, thats all. most people in their 30's probably support Liverpool (i am a liverpool fan for 15 years) and those who are in their 20's will probably support arsenal and manure, and the new kids in the town will like chelsea......this is just a trend in terms of domination.

Thats called glory-hunting, i.e. supporting whoever is winning.

Thats different from supporting teams based on their characters, for e.g. someone like Bolton or Blackburn who play well inspite of limited finances.

Glory Hunters generally claim their team as the best ever and debating with them is usually a futile exercise bereft of any logic or supporting grounds. :rolleyes:

I am in my 20s but i dont like either Arsenal or Man U because of their managers arrogance, because some of their players have horrible diciplinary records, and most importantly becaue they expect referees to cheat in their favor.

One has to admit that Benitez is a far cry from Mournho, Ferguson or Wenger in that he is a gentleman unlike the other 3, one of whom should have gone to court for consistently lying .

Sorry
January 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Banglatiger84

Thats called glory-hunting, i.e. supporting whoever is winning.

Thats different from supporting teams based on their characters, for e.g. someone like Bolton or Blackburn who play well inspite of limited finances.

Glory Hunters generally claim their team as the best ever and debating with them is usually a futile exercise bereft of any logic or supporting grounds. :rolleyes:

I am in my 20s but i dont like either Arsenal or Man U because of their managers arrogance, because some of their players have horrible diciplinary records, and most importantly becaue they expect referees to cheat in their favor.

One has to admit that Benitez is a far cry from Mournho, Ferguson or Wenger in that he is a gentleman unlike the other 3, one of whom should have gone to court for consistently lying .
I agree with you about most of the things that you said but the point is most of us, when we were kids, used to follow the successful team, sometimes may be an idol player which led to become a supporter of that team. I think this is how the fan base is built- purely on the rate of success. that’s why the most successful teams have large fan base. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you stick with your team whether they are consistently successful or not.
I would call those glory hunters who change their team depending on success of their team. I know a few people who were supporting arsenal a couple of years back, but they are now chelsea fans.

Edited on, January 27, 2006, 8:54 PM GMT, by Sorry.

Hatebreed
January 27, 2006, 08:24 PM
Chelsea made £140 millions losses (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4652672.stm) (biggest in football history)... I wish Abramovich would stop funding them for premierships they don't deserve :cool:

cricman
January 28, 2006, 02:42 PM
How Many trophies will each of the big four win?

Man U - I'm going to say 2 Carling and FA Cup
Chelsea- 1 Premiership
Liverpool - 1 Champions Trophy
Arsenal - 0

thebest
January 31, 2006, 10:08 PM
To all those Liverpool supporter Read this
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/columnists/story/0,,1699159,00.html
Last sentence is awsome
Perhaps that is why so many supporters love him - because, more than anything, he is a fan. It's just a pity the bastard isn't a City fan

Though Owen may be a better striker to me Fowler is as good as the best the indomitable Ian Rush

thebest
February 18, 2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by cricman
How Many trophies will each of the big four win?

Man U - I'm going to say 2 Carling and FA Cup
Chelsea- 1 Premiership
Liverpool - 1 Champions Trophy
Arsenal - 0

Man U out.
Bring Chelsky now
Reds of Liverpool Rock

Nocturnal
March 21, 2006, 06:23 PM
I've read this thread just today and couldn't help myself to support fellow ManUtd. supporter "Hatebreed".
We'll win both EPL and Champions League next season.
Cheers!

Banglatiger84
March 22, 2006, 02:00 PM
Yea right!

Man Utd is a fading force. And you guys will be royally screwed if RVn leaves coz you'll never find another striker like him

Hatebreed
March 30, 2006, 11:02 PM
you should worry about Arsenal.. looking at their degrading performance, they might as well move to paris :floor:

Banglatiger84
March 31, 2006, 02:41 AM
yea right, beating Real Madrid and Juventus is degrading, while losing to Benfica and Villareal is not :great:

All that while spending less than half of what Man Utd have spent in recent years.

Why is it that Ferguson hasnt discovered players like Fabregas, Eboue and Flamini in recent years?

All of Man Utd;s best players recently were bought for exorbiant sums. Their "discoveries" are restricted to the likes of Fletcher and O'Shea, both mediocre players by Man Utd'sstandard.

Why on earth did you guys pay 5m for Evra and 7m for Vidic, neither of whom are good enough to get first team football?

Hatebreed
March 31, 2006, 08:50 AM
dude we're talking about 'Premiership Football'

Man Utd's is a richer club and it can spend as much as it damn well pleases.. best players play for 'money' and reputation, not the likes of mediocre Arsenal who's getting toppled by Blackburn.. Man Utd's flaws mainly exist in its ownership, authority and management not the team or its performance

Banglatiger84
April 1, 2006, 04:44 AM

Man Utd's is a richer club and it can spend as much as it damn well pleases.. best players play for 'money' and reputation, not the likes of mediocre Arsenal who's getting toppled by Blackburn.. Man Utd's flaws mainly exist in its ownership, authority and management not the team or its performance

A team which performs well after spending less is always respected more by neutrals. Thats why no one respects Chelsea: they have a bottomless budget, and Ferguson whines that Man Utd cant compete with them on the transfer market

Also, if best players all played for money, then you would see Ronaldinho, Etoo, and henry all rushing to Chelsea. They dont simply because when you are earning 100k+ a week, money doesnt matter that much, unless you are Rio Ferdinand that is :lol:

Arsenal wasnt that good this season. Last season they were better than Man Utd. So whats the big deal?
Its accepted by most neutrals that the best player in the Premiership over the last 5 years has been Henry.

And you should have some modesty when talking about Blackburn, who beat you twice this season, and who you could only defeat in the Carling Cup after having that joker Poll favoring your lot :P

abdulw11
April 1, 2006, 01:32 PM
Well Chelsea drew 0-0 today against lowly Birmingham and Man Utd won 2-1 against Bolton. That means the gap at the top is down to 7 points with 7 games to go.

Hopefully Chelsea have a few more draws (or even better - defeats) and Man Utd can challenge. Highly unlikely but never lose hope. And remember that Chelsea are yet to visit Old Trafford.

Hatebreed
April 1, 2006, 03:33 PM

A team which performs well after spending less is always respected more by neutrals. Thats why no one respects Chelsea: they have a bottomless budget, and Ferguson whines that Man Utd cant compete with them on the transfer market

Also, if best players all played for money, then you would see Ronaldinho, Etoo, and henry all rushing to Chelsea. They dont simply because when you are earning 100k+ a week, money doesnt matter that much, unless you are Rio Ferdinand that is :lol:

Arsenal wasnt that good this season. Last season they were better than Man Utd. So whats the big deal?
Its accepted by most neutrals that the best player in the Premiership over the last 5 years has been Henry.

And you should have some modesty when talking about Blackburn, who beat you twice this season, and who you could only defeat in the Carling Cup after having that joker Poll favoring your lot :P

Playing for Chelsea only has money not pride.. Players like Ronaldinho, Beckham and the rest don't have to play for any English club when they earn way more from their sponsors.. Spanish clubs are full of foreign imports = brand = sponsors = money + popularity.

As for Henry, I'm not surprised he's still playing under Wenger's management.. Like I said Arsenal is better off moving to Paris

Don't compare Man Utd finishing 3rd last year with the 5th place Arsenal has been struggling for several weeks.. what's the big deal?? you wouldn't saying that if Arsenal was in Man Utd's position... Man Utd is 2nd with 7pts behind Chelsea while Arsenal is nowhere in sight with 23pts behind so far.

Need I remind you Blackburn also beat you?.. keep modesty to yourself and admit Blackburn is a better team this season and in fact I'd glad to see them becoming Man Utd's new rival than what pathetic Arsenal is... don't talk about Carling Cup when we all know that Wigan beat you out of nowhere.

jayed
April 2, 2006, 06:10 AM
the english premierleague has been running only 4 13 seasons, before it was the first division.

so to the guy who said liverpool won premiership 18 times, wrong.

man utd won that premierleague 8 out of 14 times.
the rest have been won my arsenal, chelsea, other teams/

Banglatiger84
April 2, 2006, 11:02 AM

Need I remind you Blackburn also beat you?.. keep modesty to yourself and admit Blackburn is a better team this season and in fact I'd glad to see them becoming Man Utd's new rival than what pathetic Arsenal is... don't talk about Carling Cup when we all know that Wigan beat you out of nowhere.

Lolz, I was speaking as a neutral with a slight Arsenal bias.

My loyalties lie pretty much with Blackburn since i was 9. So its good to see you like us :lol:

Arsenal beat us one 3-0, while we beat them 1-0, while we beat Man Utd twice, in fact we have an Indian sign over Man U over the last few years :P

We were Man Utd's main rival in the mid 90s following which Arsenal took our place.

Hatebreed
April 2, 2006, 11:59 AM
Well I'm not gonna argue with you on this coz I consider Blackburn to be a more respectable opponent than Arsenal... as Jayed pointed out, Man Utd's overall 'premiership' track record is more than impressive, still all great teams have bad years.. but it's really pathetic to see arrogant, biased Arsenal fans overlook this and make remarks that doesn't really suit them under their circumstances... IMO Arsenal is also Blackburn's rival so your bias should be against them not a team like Man Utd

Banglatiger84
April 2, 2006, 01:51 PM
but it's really pathetic to see arrogant, biased Arsenal fans overlook this

I have encountered arrogant fans of Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool alike.

As for biased, well... erm , isnt that what most fans are? :D

jayed
April 2, 2006, 03:43 PM
"As for biased, well... erm , isnt that what most fans are?"

yes and no. 4 instance, u support real madrid, and u play barcelona (ok ur team plays them) and barcelonas ronaldinho does a spectacular, r u going 2 say- thats rubbish, crap, mediocre, expected etc.? no no matter what, u will say its a good goal.

and h8br33d, arsenal r chatting big just bcos they are enjoying a decent run (which we were for years) and that manutd, we r dipping out of form.

they think man utd is this- no way, we will restore the glory days of the busby babes, the sheringham, beckham, ole gunner performances in the 99 european final.

top that ARSE-nal. (arse, anal) HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAA

jayed
April 2, 2006, 03:45 PM
if arsenal wins as much titles, european cups, honours, and awards, finance, money, players as us, then we'll listen.

the manutd lineup is way superior 2 arsenals

Hatebreed
April 2, 2006, 04:15 PM
but it's really pathetic to see arrogant, biased Arsenal fans overlook this

I have encountered arrogant fans of Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool alike.

As for biased, well... erm , isnt that what most fans are? :D

Like I said, you should be biased towards Arseanal not Man Utd.. trust me coz I live in London, I know how arrogant and ignorant Arsenal fans are

Edited on, April 2, 2006, 9:15 PM GMT, by Hatebreed.

jayed
April 3, 2006, 01:37 PM
"Like I said, you should be biased towards Arseanal not Man Utd.. trust me coz I live in London, I know how arrogant and ignorant Arsenal fans are"

bravo!
in my school, even if arsenal beat, sunderland 1-0, they will go 2 u and tease u and brag 2 u 4 a year and a half.

when they beat juve, arsenal fans at school went bizzerk 2 me.

and its nothing man utd never accomplished.