PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade

Mahmood
January 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
We will be updating the forum from 3 pm (EST) to 6
During this time, the forum will be unavailable.

[Edited on 22-1-2006 by Mahmood]

Mahmood
January 22, 2006, 05:50 PM
The upgrade is done.

There may be some little things broke or not available. Let us know and we will see if its necessary to get it working.

One major change is, users can now delete their own posts. However, if they opened the thread and other people have replied to it, it will only delete there post, but the thread will not get deleted.

Edit post reason does not work right now, we will try to bring that back.

cricman
January 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
How do you delete a post?

TheWatcher
January 22, 2006, 06:09 PM
Everything looks good so far Mahmood Bhai, appreciate all the hardworks.

[Edited on 22-1-2006 by TheWatcher]

Mahmood
January 22, 2006, 06:09 PM
Go to edit, then you will notice a delete option.

TheWatcher
January 22, 2006, 06:13 PM
There is a problem, :up: is not this supposed to be a thumbs up?

Mahmood
January 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
There is a problem, :up: is not this supposed to be a thumbs up?

Good catch, fixed.

Sorry
January 22, 2006, 07:05 PM
mahmood bhai,
i think there is a bug in the other thread- the 'bar code' appears to be 'square'!

bug (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=15474)

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by Sorry]

Mahmood
January 22, 2006, 07:24 PM
I am unclear, could you explain (may be give example here)....

mshakir56
January 22, 2006, 07:33 PM
I kind of like the new feelings of this site.:bravo:

Sorry
January 22, 2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Mahmood
I am unclear, could you explain (may be give example here)....

this is supposed to appear like this:
Razab's Net Hangout ( রজব কাশেম চোধুরীর্ ইন্টারনেট্ আড্ডা-খানা ) |My Songs ( আমার রচনাবলি )

but if you go to other thread it gives you a figure of square.

may be my computer got a bug?

Mahmood
January 22, 2006, 07:36 PM
I see it fine, still unclear....

Sorry
January 22, 2006, 07:40 PM
i think razabQ bhai sent me a bug then, as i anticipated.

chinaman
January 22, 2006, 07:55 PM

Fine here too. I think he was refering to the unicode thingy. Incorrect encoding may end up showing characters as squares.

reverse_swing
January 22, 2006, 07:57 PM
Sorry, You should have proper Bangla unicode fonts installed on your system to read that Bangla I guess. I can see it fine as well same as before.

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by reverse_swing]

GuruTM
January 22, 2006, 08:00 PM
So far i have noticed two features missing:

1. New posts feature.
2. Drop down forum switch.

bourny3
January 22, 2006, 08:12 PM
looks great.

GuruTM
January 22, 2006, 08:22 PM
The links to BanglaCricket forum from front page (which i believe filename is fan.gif) is not there. I think this is too obvious to be fixed.

However, is it possible to make the default theme to BanglaCricket DL for a new user? The default theme, though a patriotic one, is not attractive at best, ugly at worse. I think most of the user will like any other theme rather than the default one. I don't know, is there any technical problem to make this change? If there is not, please change it to BanglaCricket DL, BC-Green, Legend of Zelda whichever you most prefer.

cricman
January 22, 2006, 08:41 PM
Is the Drop down menu coming back?

Sorry
January 22, 2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by chinaman

Fine here too. I think he was refering to the unicode thingy. Incorrect encoding may end up showing characters as squares.
but the question is why it appears fine in this thread and not in the other thread?
or i have to set up unicode thingy in every thread?
is there any other member have the same bugger?

chinaman
January 22, 2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by TeamManager
The links to BanglaCricket forum from front page (which i believe filename is fan.gif) is not there. I think this is too obvious to be fixed. We have many scripts to run different things. Fan's world is one.

Drop down forum lists and New Posts are excellent modifications made by our experts.

Right now our experts are focused on the security. They have been working very hard to upgrade the software and plug the potential holes. Once they are satisfied with the security, I'm sure, they will start to work on the custom scripts and hacks.

On behalf of the Banglacricket team I Thank you all for your patience, help, support and co-operation.

Arnab
January 22, 2006, 10:26 PM
The default theme, though a patriotic one, is not attractive at best, ugly at worse. I think most of the user will like any other theme rather than the default one.

Grrr. I am kind of getting tired of the default theme too. Thinking about changing it.

akbar1
January 22, 2006, 10:34 PM
Home page NOT WORKING!!!

Zunaid
January 22, 2006, 10:37 PM
Fixed now. Tmp glitch. Net singularity. :)

Thnks for the heads up

akbar1
January 22, 2006, 10:39 PM
:bravo:

akbar1
January 22, 2006, 10:41 PM
I don't know whether it's just me or has anyone noticed that:

after every post the number's don't add?

Zunaid
January 22, 2006, 10:50 PM
Which numbers?

GuruTM
January 22, 2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Arnab
The default theme, though a patriotic one, is not attractive at best, ugly at worse. I think most of the user will like any other theme rather than the default one.

Grrr. I am kind of getting tired of the default theme too. Thinking about changing it.

Thanks in advance. Will be appreciated. Preferably BanglaCricket DL.

TheWatcher
January 22, 2006, 11:50 PM
What is going wrong? Why am I seeing ghosts of old threads with negetive post counts?

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by TheWatcher]

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2006, 12:01 AM
lol...all kinds of weird stuff's going on here :)

Zunaid
January 23, 2006, 12:03 AM
The spirits have been appeased and the spirits of BC pasts have gone on to their eternal rest.

Do let us know if you see some other paranormal activities here after the upgrade.

Zunaid
January 23, 2006, 12:51 AM
Drop down - forum jump thingie is back

Cricket Crazy
January 23, 2006, 04:29 AM
Can anyone plz tell me how do i put an avatar? :up::fire:

chinaman
January 23, 2006, 09:25 AM
Just put the url for the Avatar in the "Avatar URL:" field from Control Panel / Options | Edit Profile.

Avatar must be saved on a website, if not email me (my nickname at banglacricket dot com) the pic.

It must be 100 X 100 pixels or less.

Hope this helps.

Tigers_eye
January 23, 2006, 09:38 AM
Looks great!! When every things is done, I have a request. can the reply box be made a little larger? If the top and bottom margin is equal to the left or right margin it would look symmetric.

Zunaid
January 23, 2006, 10:10 AM
We will move this thread to the support forum in a few days.

Sorry
January 23, 2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
I have a request. can the reply box be made a little larger? .
this is strange that the request is coming from you. i thought vladmamu is supposed to make this request.

If the top and bottom margin is equal to the left or right margin it would look symmetric

May I ask why do you need symmetric post box? In fact, asymmetric post box complements the asymmetric contents of the posts in most of the threads.

Tigers_eye
January 23, 2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Sorry
this is strange that the request is coming from you. i thought vladmamu is supposed to make this request.
I am Vladmamu's unofficial representative.
Originally posted by Sorry
May I ask why do you need symmetric post box? In fact, asymmetric post box complements the asymmetric contents of the posts in most of the threads.
Neat freak? lol.

Utilizing space to its maximum. Sometimes I have to reply/quote on Vlad's comments. Scrolling up and down on those small boxes makes it harder.

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by Cats_eye]

Zunaid
January 28, 2006, 08:16 PM
We have now brought back two of the most useful special features: