PDA

View Full Version : Two wins does not "Guaranty" to a 2nd round berth for the U-19 Team.

Tigers_eye
February 1, 2006, 01:30 PM
With 3 strong teams in the group two wins may not give BD or anyone in that case, a ticket to the second round of the U-19 World cup. I have seen in number of places people saying all we need is two victories in the gourp match and we are through. (reminds me NZ U-19 Captain's comment, Bangla cricket series preview also says "Two wins will ensure a place in the Super League.").

Winning a game will get a team 2 points and losing will get 0. So Runrate becomes a huge factor in 3 teams having 4 points each at the end of group matches. Bangladesh has a slight advantage over NZ and Pakistan. They Play Uganda (the weakest team in the group) last, so they can calculate by how much they have beat Uganda if the sitation arises.

Hope you guys agree with me.

Edited on, February 1, 2006, 6:32 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

Mohiul
February 1, 2006, 04:28 PM
Yap, I agree with you on this ground.

But BD U-19 is going to win all the three matches in the 1st round.

It's my prediction.

esteban_loaiza
February 2, 2006, 01:11 AM
The first match is utterly important. If they win it against NZ, they will be in 90%. Pressure will be on NZ after that. Remember last world cup? Bangladesh lost against NZ in the first match although we were the better team and everything is screwed up after that. McInnes made a comment after the match that NZ had a very high quality cricket program and this and that..... as if we were never gonna win against them by default. Sounded a little racist to me. Hopefully we'll have a better plan this time and we are gonna WIN!