PDA

View Full Version : six Associate countries

ajithlalm
February 2, 2006, 04:39 AM
how about some ODIs against the six Associate countries ? Probably 2 or 3 ODI against 2 or 3 countries before the World Cup especially in the new stadiums

fwullah
February 2, 2006, 09:18 AM
I've seen the next few months' schedule of Bangladesh; I don't think our players will get th time to play against the six associates just yet.

This last couple of months would have been the excellent time to stage such matches as our team did not have too many series to play. But since our grounds are getting the approval now, so its impossible for us to play any more International match than what has already been scheduled upto now, unless one of the tours/series gets cancelled.

To be confirmed schedules for Bangladesh from now upto the World Cup 2007:

February '06: SL tour to BD
March '06: Kenya tour to BD
April '06: Aus tour to BD
Oct '06: ICC Champions Trophy
Oct '06: Ind tour to BD
December '06 / January '07: New Zealand tour
February '07: ENG tour to BD

March '07: World Cup starts

sadi
February 2, 2006, 09:23 AM
we have five months off between april and october and we can definately set up something... I will go for some A tour though... if we can send our A team to play some domestic cricket in India or Pakistan, that will be great... if not, we can always invite those countries and let our A team take care of them....

Tigers_eye
February 2, 2006, 09:51 AM
Taking account of the rainy season the 5 month window can be counted as one month (may) at home. But they can shedule an away tour to Bermuda and WI in that time. Harricane season would a little factor for ODIs. Travelling to Europe and playing a tri series with Scotts, Holland would be good too.

TheWatcher
February 2, 2006, 10:06 AM
Bermuda lost two matches to UAE-A (ECB Blues).

EmiratesCricket (http://www.emiratescricket.com/ecb/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=301&Itemid=135)

Our U/17 team will be more fit to play some matches with Bermudian Bhuiras.
http://emiratescricket.com/ecb/images/stories/DSCN4801.jpg

ajithlalm
February 2, 2006, 03:29 PM
I would recommend Bangladesh to play 2 ODIs against Canada and 2 ODIs against Bermuda during the period of April and September. It would be better Bangladesh would tour this countries.

Also, I would recommend tour during say in May by Scotland, Ireland, or Holland to Bangladesh and play 2 ODIs in Bangladesh.

well 4 to 5 ODIs totally before the World Cup against the associate countries. This will help the associate countries also and give them valuable experiences. also, helps our players to get more experience and to know the countries that they didnt play before, before the World Cup.

There is a long gap without cricket, so its better to play some of the associate countries to help us and also to help them.

sadi
February 2, 2006, 04:53 PM
nai mamar cheye kana baba bhalo... we should try to get some series against some strong countries though...

TheWatcher
February 2, 2006, 05:55 PM
Well the problem is unless BCCB wants to loose big chunks of money from their own pocket (which I don't think they want to do too often), associate countries have to provide us funding for touring them. Now, under the current conditions, associates have no TV rights to earn money from. Cricket is not that popular in those countries, so they won't be able to find a sponsor who will bear the entire cost. So, it has to be ICC who will be bearing our cost for touring those countries. Now ICC has a very cost effective plan for associates- they encourage teams to visit associates only when they come to tour a neighbouring Test country (which is a big plus for Scotland, Ireland, and, to some extent, Holland, having England as their neighbour, and for Bermuda being close to WI). Even then ICC will fund only one series per year per country (besides funding Scotland and Kenya each one overseas tour a year). BCCB may still be willing to pay for visiting an associate once a while (say for Bermuda sometime before WC'07), but, as I said before, don't see that's happening too often.

Concerning hosting associates, same problem, no TV rights to earn money from; for countries other than Kenya, BCCB won't be able to find a sponsor.

Edited on, February 2, 2006, 11:21 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Fazal
February 2, 2006, 07:27 PM
Except for Kenya, Scotland, Ireland and Canada, I don't think we will get anything out from the rest. Actually it may damage than helping us preparing for the WC.

sadi
February 2, 2006, 07:30 PM
I am sure they can find some sponsors if they really look for it... international match... ofcourse ppl will come to watch it... they can get some money from the ticket sale also... as long as it takes care of the cost, I will be happy... BCB don't need to make money out of these tours... as long as they can get enough money to bear all the expenses, they should go for it...