PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody remember who struck the biggest SIX in Dhaka Stadium?

BappyHayat
February 2, 2006, 09:06 PM
I’m just wondering who stuck the biggest SIX in Dhaka Bangabandhu) Stadium? Probably those guys who are the regular cricket watcher might be able to answer this question

My opinion: In early 90’s, Jakaria Imtiaz hits a SIX which cross the stadium gallery and went straight into the street beside…I was a boy than and read the story in a newspaper…

Also if my memory doesn’t betray me…Mazharul Mridul also struck a BIGGGGGG SIX in Dhaka Stadium (not sure whether it crossed the stadium)

Regular cricket watchers…any different thaught? Please Reply

Thanks

Beamer
February 2, 2006, 10:29 PM
The biggest one I have seen was by Mohd Azharuddin. It was huge. Almost landed on the roof of the VIP gallery. Honorable mention also goes to Manzoor Elahi and offcourse Aravinda De Silva.

mahrookh
February 2, 2006, 11:08 PM
It has to be Great "Mohammad Azharuddin" and "Neil Fairbrother" when he was playing club cricket in Bangladesh late 80's .

BD_Ashraful
February 4, 2006, 03:37 AM
Mine is Mohammed Ashraful hit one that it nearly went on mirpur road

sunny747
February 4, 2006, 05:24 AM
not sure.....but it could be akram khan!! there was another player name Imran hamid partho........used to hit 6 pretty often..

BappyHayat
February 5, 2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by sunny747
not sure.....but it could be akram khan!! there was another player name Imran hamid partho........used to hit 6 pretty often..

Yes I can remember Partho...the Lefty from Abahony...can hit massive SIXES...

But I will still be with JAKARIA IMTIAZ

Faceoff
February 5, 2006, 07:23 PM
sarurav ganguli hit the biggest six against some spinner (dont remember) at dhaka stadium.

Edited on, February 6, 2006, 12:24 AM GMT, by Faceoff.

Mahir
February 5, 2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Faceoff
sarurav ganguli hit the biggest six against some spinner (dont remember) at dhaka stadium.

yup! agree with you... but I too cant remember the bowler Sourav hit that against. :embaressed:

mahrookh
February 5, 2006, 10:02 PM
Bowler would be "Enamul Hauqe Moni" . Can't think of anyone else now .

babon
February 6, 2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Faceoff

Edited on, February 6, 2006, 12:24 AM GMT, by Faceoff.

Shanewaz Shanu of Biman hit a massive six of Wasim Akram of Pak/Abahoni in 194-95 session. Biggest I seen
Also Liton of Abahoni hit massive sixes, liton k niya ekta funny comment sunsilam, liton 0 korlao ekta six thiki marbo. Partho hit ta jore korto but six er jonoo famous chilo na..also samarasekara bishal bishal six marto