View Full Version : 2nd Warm Up: BD U/19 Vs Zim U/19

TheWatcher
February 3, 2006, 08:45 AM
BD U/19 265/7 Over -50
Raqibul-69, Sakib-51, Mehrab 47*, Shamsur 44

Zimbabwe U/19 262/9 Over -50

BD U/19 won by 3 runs

-TigerCricket

A close one, good reminder for the boys why they always have to maintain their edge.

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 2:04 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Tigers_eye
February 3, 2006, 08:51 AM
Good to see pulling out a close one. Our bowlers were suppose to overwhelm them. What happened? How many did Mushfiq use? all 11?

sadi
February 3, 2006, 09:07 AM
a close one but good to see batsmen like raqibul, sakib and shamsur getting some runs and get used to the conditions...

fwullah
February 3, 2006, 09:40 AM
I don't want to be rude, but I think that our U-19 boys are way too over-rated.

Shish Ahmed
February 3, 2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Good to see pulling out a close one. Our bowlers were suppose to overwhelm them. What happened? How many did Mushfiq use? all 11?

The reason Mushfiq used a lot of bowlers against USA was just to give them all a work out as it was first warm up match. It is unrealistic to think that he will use that many bowlers in the proper matches.

GuruTM
February 3, 2006, 09:47 AM
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2519/2ndmatch9to.png

Source: BangladesherKhela. (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=18099&iCategoryID=1)

I am not happy at all with the way they win this match. This is early warning sign. I think the bowling weakness of U19 team is exposed today.

rio
February 3, 2006, 09:55 AM
Scorecard (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/OTHERS/U19-WC2006/SCORECARDS/WARMUP/BDESH-U19_ZIM-U19_U19-WARMUP_03FEB2006.html)

Mahmood
February 3, 2006, 09:57 AM
Guys, its just a practice match. If I was the captain, I would probably even not play my best 3 bowlers and give the other 4 a shot for the final 2 bowling/all rounder spots. They are suppossed to experiment in practice match, not try to win big as that means nothing.

Both wins in these practice matches means nothing at all.

rudro
February 3, 2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Don't agree with you. It is the other way around. I read in one preview ZIM is underrated. It is the only side with all players having first class experience including 4 test players.

Tigers_eye
February 3, 2006, 10:11 AM
Just as Mahmood bhai has said it is a practice match. Looking at the scorecard, the match was in the bag at 7/189 around 40 overs. Then those tailenders got some lucky hits and scored 32(29), 33(22), and 6(4) made a game out of it. The Require runrate was over 7 for sure may be 8. This is just a good outing and they know what they have to guard and practice.

rudro
February 3, 2006, 10:12 AM
I like the way this team performs other than the bowling. They have several outstanding batsmen. The overall batting is very consistent even though its not the same set of batsmen getting the runs. I mentioned in another thread before..they don't have any bowling stars.

fwullah
February 3, 2006, 10:12 AM
Just seen the scorecard - Tamim Iqbal made a duck. Getting over-confident in the last match, eh?

sadi
February 3, 2006, 10:20 AM
thats okay... i will take that as long as he scores a quick century every other match.... sakib scored pretty quick too... his 53 came from 39 balls.....

Sauron
February 3, 2006, 10:26 AM

I don't want to be rude either, but I think you are way too negative.

Ahmed_B
February 3, 2006, 10:27 AM
This match reminds me of the BD-IND first ODI in 2004 home series when IND managed to win by around 15 runs... and later declared "the match was never out of control... we were always winning". In the very next match, BD beats IND on with a similar margin.

The U-19 folks should take this match as a note of attension. And also... credits to the ZIM side for making it so close against a fairly strong side(BD).

Sauron
February 3, 2006, 10:33 AM
Obviously the ZIM side is pretty strong if they have 4 Test players.

Our U-19 has been consistently doing well against all sorts of opponents. They have been down for a couple of matches in the middle, but bounced back effectively.

Also, ZIM u-19 is not necessarily a weak team like their seniors. Best example of that is our u-19 team. ZIM had 4 Test players for heavens sake!

Close matches are good for the heart ... :) Good that they got it in a practice match.

I'd rather see couple of close practice matches than matches like the one against USA.

Umar
February 3, 2006, 10:36 AM
By the way.....Congrants to BD-u 19 first...then.....I can say ...BD u-19 will be able to understand their weak point. And the good thing is tha...How ever we play...We won....Thats a good thing because it will inspire on the game.

And another Good experiment is...that we played one game where we batted first and in one we bowled first.. Now the coach and captain should think....whether we should bat first or ball first on the first game against NewZealnd. Offcourse if we win the toss.

Ahmed_B
February 3, 2006, 10:54 AM
Just to giv an idea about the ZIM U-19 sides strength here are some results of their matches in the afor asia cup:

South Africa v Zimbabwe
SOUTH AFRICA WON BY EIGHT WICKETS
Zimbabwe: 173 off 40 overs (K. Samanderu 74; N. Shezi 3-29)
South Africa: 174 for 2 off 34.2 overs (P. Daneel 66*, E. Dean 48*)

Pakistan v Zimbabwe
PAKISTAN WON BY NINE WICKETS
Zimbabwe: 118 off 44.4 overs (K. Samanderu 31: H. Amjad 5-15)
Pakistan: 122 for 1 off 26. 1 overs (M. Faheem 68*)

Bangladesh v Zimbabwe
BANGLADESH WON BY NINE WICKETS
Zimbabwe: 122 off 43.4 overs (D. Mahmud 3-19)
Bangladesh: 125 for 1 off 12.4 overs (T. Khan 63*, S. al Hasan 58*)

India v Zimbabwe
INDIA WON BY 94 RUNS
India: 249 For 8 off 50 overs (G. Dhiman:108*, D. Das 38, T.Srivastav 38)
Zimbabwe: 155 off 47 Overs (T.Mufambisi 57, S. Williams 39; S. Bandekar 4-33, R. Sharma 3-24)

Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe
SRI LANKA WON BY 55 RUNS
Sri Lanka: 220 off 49.5 overs (S. Soysa 46, S. Sheerasinghe 40; R. Higgins 3 – 51)
Zimbabwe 165 off 47.2 overs (S. Williams 48; S. Pathirana 3 For 33)

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 3:58 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

fwullah
February 3, 2006, 10:55 AM
I've been trying to see the Cricinfo squad links on the Zimbabwe U-19 team, but I'm facing some problem going to all the players' profiles.

Can anyone tell me who those 4 Test cricketers are for Zimbabwe? Ofcourse, Creamer is one, but who are the other three?

SC Willaims has played a few ODIs, no Tests, so he's obviously not one of the three other test players in their side. So, who are the other three?

sadi
February 3, 2006, 10:57 AM
Can anyone give me the names of the 4 zimbabwe players who played test matches? The only one I am familiar with creamer... other than that, I don't see anyone has recently played test cricket... and even if they did, we shouldn't take it that seriously as most of their regular players are not playing and its basically their A team...

sadi
February 3, 2006, 10:59 AM
you beat me fwullah ;)

rio
February 3, 2006, 11:01 AM
This match showed our weakness against leg spin bowling. Cremer and Higgins dried up the runs and took vital wickets. The only spinners our batsmen played back home are SLAs (and a few off spinners), so their lack of exposure to quality(may be just ordinary) leg spin showed in this match.

Sauron
February 3, 2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Just to giv an idea about the ZIM U-19 sides strength here are some results of their matches in the afor asia cup:

South Africa v Zimbabwe
SOUTH AFRICA WON BY EIGHT WICKETS
Zimbabwe: 173 off 40 overs (K. Samanderu 74; N. Shezi 3-29)
South Africa: 174 for 2 off 34.2 overs (P. Daneel 66*, E. Dean 48*)

Pakistan v Zimbabwe
PAKISTAN WON BY NINE WICKETS
Zimbabwe: 118 off 44.4 overs (K. Samanderu 31: H. Amjad 5-15)
Pakistan: 122 for 1 off 26. 1 overs (M. Faheem 68*)

Bangladesh v Zimbabwe
BANGLADESH WON BY NINE WICKETS
Zimbabwe: 122 off 43.4 overs (D. Mahmud 3-19)
Bangladesh: 125 for 1 off 12.4 overs (T. Khan 63*, S. al Hasan 58*)

India v Zimbabwe
INDIA WON BY 94 RUNS
India: 249 For 8 off 50 overs (G. Dhiman:108*, D. Das 38, T.Srivastav 38)
Zimbabwe: 155 off 47 Overs (T.Mufambisi 57, S. Williams 39; S. Bandekar 4-33, R. Sharma 3-24)

Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe
SRI LANKA WON BY 55 RUNS
Sri Lanka: 220 off 49.5 overs (S. Soysa 46, S. Sheerasinghe 40; R. Higgins 3 – 51)
Zimbabwe 165 off 47.2 overs (S. Williams 48; S. Pathirana 3 For 33)

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 3:58 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

How long ago was this? (For an U-19 player, 1 Yr. is a long enough time to have changed / bettered his game).

Also, is that the same squad as this one?

Disclaimer - I am not trying to make excuses for u-19 team. However close it was, they pulled off a win. They don't need excuses.

Sauron
February 3, 2006, 11:04 AM
Oh, and did I mention that it was a practice match?

sadi
February 3, 2006, 11:06 AM
if zimbabwe got better, then we should get better also...... don't you think so?? I am just trying to answer your point... I give all the credits to our youngsters for performing so well for so long...

Ahmed_B
February 3, 2006, 11:07 AM
Only these three seem to have ODI experience:

Sean Williams
Justice Chibhabha
Graeme Cremer

And none with Test experience except Graeme. Some of them got List-A matches... maybe 3/4 day matches which are being called as tests? :cool:

Ahmed_B
February 3, 2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Sauron
Just to giv an idea about the ZIM U-19 sides strength here are some results of their matches in the afor asia cup:...

How long ago was this? (For an U-19 player, 1 Yr. is a long enough time to have changed / bettered his game).
About one month and few days ago... it was in November 2005.
Take a look here:
http://www.asiancricket.org/h_afroasiacup05_results.cfm

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 4:13 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

Hatebreed
February 3, 2006, 11:20 AM
damn that was a close win... Zim u-19's batting seems quite competitive.. or am I wrong

Hatebreed
February 3, 2006, 11:21 AM
We might get an easy ride with NZ and Uganda at group level but WI seems far deadly than India..

Tigers_eye
February 3, 2006, 11:30 AM
I've been trying to see the Cricinfo squad links on the Zimbabwe U-19 team, but I'm facing some problem going to all the players' profiles.

Can anyone tell me who those 4 Test cricketers are for Zimbabwe? Ofcourse, Creamer is one, but who are the other three?

SC Willaims has played a few ODIs, no Tests, so he's obviously not one of the three other test players in their side. So, who are the other three?

Chibhabha played ODI against New Zealand. I am not sure which are the three others outside Creamer was in their test squad. However, I picked it up from the bangladesher Khela's match report. It clearly states that (translating) "Even with four test players they could not manage more than 262 in 50 overs losing 9 wickets." - Citing the source as BCCB.

My guess they were selected in the top 14/15 but not top 11.

sadi
February 3, 2006, 11:32 AM
wow... for the first time, we are so involved in a world cup... I wonder when we will think like this for the real world cup....

rudro
February 3, 2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by sadi
wow... for the first time, we are so involved in a world cup... I wonder when we will think like this for the real world cup....
Waiting for this team to transform into the real team.

fwullah
February 3, 2006, 12:00 PM
"This match showed our weakness against leg spin bowling. Cremer and Higgins dried up the runs and took vital wickets. The only spinners our batsmen played back home are SLAs (and a few off spinners), so their lack of exposure to quality(may be just ordinary) leg spin showed in this match." - Very valid point by Rio. I didn't notice it in our U-19 team, but I agree with you 110 percent - we need some proper leg spinners in our domestic team. I've been telling about finding a leg spinner for our national team for a long time now.

"Also, is that the same squad as this one?" i think I have read in one of the Cricinfo articles (sorry, can't give you the link right now) that the Zimbabwe U-19 players did not get permission to go and play during the Afro-Asia cup, so the Zimbabwe U-19 'A' team was playing back during then in India. So the big winning margins of other teams against Zimbabwe U-19 team doesn't count much (which is posed by Sauron), as this is not hte same squad.

babubangla
February 3, 2006, 12:02 PM
ICC Match Report

India, Bangladesh and the West Indies, three of the favourites for the ICC U/19 Cricket World Cup, flexed their collective muscles with victories on the final day of warm-up matches on Friday.

Bangladesh were given a scare by Zimbabwe but survived it to win a thrilling match by just three runs.

They survived the loss of Tamim Khan, who made a blazing unbeaten hundred against the USA the previous day, for no score to post 265-7 as Roqibul Hassan made 69 and Sakib Al Hasan scored 53.

Despite those contributions Bangladesh slipped to 223-7 before a late flourish from Mehrab Hossain and Dollar Mahmud saw them to their eventual total.

It appeared that was going to be way beyond Zimbabwe, without captain Sean Williams because of a sore back, when they slumped to 27-3 but Gary Balance (68) and Keegan Meth (76) added 127 for the fourth wicket to reignite their hopes.

Glen Querl and Ronald Benade added 51 for the eighth wicket to maintain Zimbabwe's push for victory but Benade was run out with 23 still required - one of three run-outs in the innings thanks to brilliant Bangladesh fielding - and they fell agonisingly short in their chase.

Source: ICC Round-up of Warm-up Matches (http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-u19wc/content/story/235634.html)

Sauron
February 3, 2006, 12:03 PM
Take a look here:

Okay, I see. Thanks for the info. So, looks like
1. Bangladesh'er Khela is just like Janakantha
2. The ZIM team should have been handed down a more sever beating

But I still stand by the idea that As long as they won, it doesn't matter. This is their chance to tune up prior to the real race. They bowled full 50 overs and restricted ZIM to 3 runs short. That's good nerves.

Really looking fwd to lot of good things to happen in this tournament.

fwullah
February 3, 2006, 12:07 PM
So, the conclusion of today's match that I could come up with is that our boys did not play against a Zimbabwe U-19 team which had 4 Test cricketers, they played against a Zim U-19 team which has only 1 Test cricketer - Graem Cremer.

Also, Sauron pointed out that our U-19 boys are very weak against Leg spinners, just like our national team players.

And finally, it is my realization (and I hope, our U-19 team managements' realization, too) that we may have played and won most of our games last few months/years during the Afro-Asia games, and other tournaments, but those teams may have had weaker players and those were tournaments that has been in the past. The U-19 World Cup is a completely new tournament where our boys have to start right from the beginning and that the teams at this touranment will be strongest that we have faced so far.

sadi
February 3, 2006, 12:13 PM
It will definately be harder for us... however its good to see we are doing good in the field... the thing that bothers me is that I feel like our bowling is too one dimentional.... all of our spinners are SLA and our pacers are okay but nothing special...

Tigers_eye
February 3, 2006, 12:27 PM
So, the conclusion of today's match that I could come up with is that our boys did not play against a Zimbabwe U-19 team which had 4 Test cricketers, they played against a Zim U-19 team which has only 1 Test cricketer - Graem Cremer.

Also, Sauron pointed out that our U-19 boys are very weak against Leg spinners, just like our national team players.

And finally, it is my realization (and I hope, our U-19 team managements' realization, too) that we may have played and won most of our games last few months/years during the Afro-Asia games, and other tournaments, but those teams may have had weaker players and those were tournaments that has been in the past. The U-19 World Cup is a completely new tournament where our boys have to start right from the beginning and that the teams at this touranment will be strongest that we have faced so far.

It seems you are over analyzing the match. There is no fault in BD U-19 team. They won the match. As I mentioned in another post the tail (3 bowlers) scored alot 70+ in 60 balls or so with some hard hitting. IF BD had win by 20/50 runs there wouldn't be any question of leg spinners, test players etc. Unlike Zim teams participating in Afro-Asia U19 tournament all other teams sent their best combinations. Pakistan, SA, India and SL.

Only thing Bangladesh has to do different from all these matches is curtail the extra runs (balls). Rest, leave the winning formula the way it is.

In another note:
If Bangladesher Khela becomes Jonokontho then what will happen to BCCB since they were the real source of the report.

TheWatcher
February 3, 2006, 12:50 PM
Don't think the Zim team have changed much from Afro-Asia cup, it's pretty much the same team our boys had beaten to pulp last time, except Williams was missing today, and Balance or Meth was not there in India.

Afro-Asia scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/84/84188.html)

Still don't see any reason to panic, I think it was better that boys had to go through a tough test right before the NZ match. The best part is that whatever mistakes they had done earlier, they still pulled it out at the end- a very good sign of their fighting qualities.

Just one thing I felt odd- keeping supersub Mehedi unused. when Shirajullah was gone, Mushfiqur could have brought Mehedi in place of one of the so many bowlers, that might have allowed Mehrab to accelerate the innings little faster.

Also, it may be a good idea to bring in offie Rezaul in place of fourth SLA of the team, Nabil, in the next match.

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 6:38 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

LateCut
February 3, 2006, 01:28 PM
Why seven bowlers were used? More importantly, why Shuvo bowled for 10 overs while Kamrul only 6 overs. It does not take a genius to observe that the later was more successful today? Why was Nabil bowling at the end conceding 6runs/over? I don't think Rahim used his bowler very judiciously in this game.

betaar
February 3, 2006, 01:39 PM
There's a great resemblance between the current BD U-19 and India.

India depends a lot on Sehwag's blisterring batting for a good start and can bat well down the order.
BD U-19 depends heavily on Typhoon Tamim's batting and if he fails then they don't score that much and that fast.

In Indian team, they also have Dhoni who can add late flourish just Sakib does for us.

India's bowling is also monotonous with 3 Left Arm Pacers (who are as fast as Pakistani spinner like Afridi) and so is BD U-19 with a lot of SLA.

What BD U-19 needs to do is to bank on their strength which is their batting and score as many runs as possible. Whinning about the lack of bowling strength will not take us anywhere, we can only use the resources that are available and make a good use of it.

Just an observation and in no way a perfect one.

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 6:40 PM GMT, by betaar.

istiak
February 3, 2006, 01:42 PM
Just seen the scorecard - Tamim Iqbal made a duck. Getting over-confident in the last match, eh?

I think you made a mistake again!! A duck doesn't necessarily mean getting over-confidence.

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 6:43 PM GMT, by istiak.

pagol-chagol
February 3, 2006, 02:05 PM
Betaar - Interesting observation.

One thing that we have though that the Indians don't have is the Muri murkir moto SLA and each one is a little different than another. Remember our opponents are not used to playing quality SLAs. This is a huge advantage that could possibly carry us all the way to the trophy.

Ahmed_B
February 3, 2006, 02:23 PM
ICC Match Report ....
....They survived the loss of Tamim Khan, who made a blazing unbeaten hundred against the USA the previous day, for no score...
Another Ash in making? ;)

sadi
February 3, 2006, 02:31 PM
batting is our strength and we will do just fine with it as we have depth in our batting lineup....

Ahmed_B
February 3, 2006, 02:32 PM
Comparison of BD U-19 bowling vs. ZIM U-19:

WC Warm-up
Bowling O M R Wk (Extras)
Dolar Mahmud 7 0 33 1 (1nb, 3w)
Kamrul Islam 6 0 22 2 (4w)
Nabil Samad 8 0 48 1
Sirajullah Khadim 4 0 22 0 (1w)
Saqibul Hasan 9 0 41 0
Suhrawadi Shuvo 10 0 52 1
Mehrab Hossain jnr 6 0 41 1 (2w)

Afro-Asia match
Bowling O M R Wk Wd No
Dolar Mahmud 8 2 19 3 2 2
Nazmul Hossain 10 2 19 2 1 5
Nabil Samad 7 1 11 0 2 -
Saqibul Hasan 5 0 22 1 - -
Suhrawadi Shuvo 7 0 26 1 1 -
Humayun Kabir 5 1 20 1 - -
Mehrab Hossain 1.4 0 4 2 - -

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 7:36 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

mahrookh
February 3, 2006, 04:08 PM
But why by only 3 runs ? What's wrong with them ? If they can't beat Zimbabwe by 100+ runs or 10 wickets then they can't win against New Zealand for sure . They need more practice now .

Looks like BD U19 will loose against Pakistan and West Indies for sure .

Edited on, February 3, 2006, 9:24 PM GMT, by mahrookh.

cricket_pagol
February 3, 2006, 04:15 PM
I would say it is a decent warm up by bangladesh.

Let's not get carried by high expectation. Too much hype will only create excessive pressure on these youngsters.

sadi
February 3, 2006, 04:31 PM
agreed..... as long as win, we should be fine....

Tigers_eye
February 3, 2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mahrookh
But why by only 3 runs ? What's wrong with them ? If they can't beat Zimbabwe by 100+ runs or 10 wickets then they can't win against New Zealand for sure .
Wow! bold prediction. Is NZ that much better than Zimbabwe?

Originally posted by mahrookh
Looks like BD U19 will loose against Pakistan and West Indies for sure .
Pakistan - we may cause we have a group match and its 50-50, but WI when are we playing them? Semis or Finals?

Mahmood
February 3, 2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Sauron
Take a look here:

Okay, I see. Thanks for the info. So, looks like
1. Bangladesh'er Khela is just like Janakantha
2. The ZIM team should have been handed down a more sever beating

But I still stand by the idea that As long as they won, it doesn't matter. This is their chance to tune up prior to the real race. They bowled full 50 overs and restricted ZIM to 3 runs short. That's good nerves.

Really looking fwd to lot of good things to happen in this tournament.

It as a typo or misinterpretation when they translated. 4 tst players should be 4 First Class players, namely...

4 First Class experience

Justice Chibhabha (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/player/55354.html)
Donald Samunderu (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/player/55789.html)
Friday Kasteni (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/player/55551.html)
Ian Nicolson (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/player/55669.html)

Plus they have one test player...

Graeme Cremer (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/player/55346.html)

CricTiger
February 3, 2006, 07:26 PM
Winning is everything.And this win shows that BD U-19 can hold their nurves and win a close match.

They will learn a lot from this.So I do not see any problem with this win.

islam
February 4, 2006, 01:38 AM
ZIm would be disapointed with the loss, they performed much better than us in the last U19 WC, and with the contract issues a lot (well 2) of their U19 players have international experence.
Creamer and Williams-

They'll make the QF's @ least.

But its a bit disapointing that bd didn't get any friendlies against better oponents. We thumed the USA (amature players) and nearly lost to zim (middle ranged). We never played india, WI, pakistan ect.

From the USA and ZIm

Our next to games are NZ and pakistan (a big jump in standard)

esteban_loaiza
February 4, 2006, 02:03 AM
We are doing too much research with this one, aren't we?

Hopefully like everytime when we research a lot on paper and our team cant play in the field, this it'll be different.......

Edited on, February 4, 2006, 7:04 AM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

battye
February 4, 2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by rudro
Don't agree with you. It is the other way around. I read in one preview ZIM is underrated. It is the only side with all players having first class experience including 4 test players.

I can't imagine having first class experience in Zimbabwe would help all that much. While it's not first class, I read that a few days ago, the Mashonaland side (Zim state or province team) didn't use any players from their top 5 clubs, in a domestic ODI. With their current situation, I would think that these players would also get a chance to play first class cricket, even though they are nowhere near that standard.

So just because a lot of the U19's have played first class in Zimbabwe, does not necessarily mean that they deserved to, they were probably just thrown into the side because of the chaos in Zimbabwe. This is probably the same reason some of them have played Test's as well.

Here is the article: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/235243.html

cricfanz
February 4, 2006, 08:30 AM
I agree with Sauron..Prefer to have a close shave in the practice matches rather than in the real tournament..Lol..Revise that, I prefer that they lose in the practice matches by 100+ runs than lose in the real tourny...chill guys..this is just a practice match...At least the team will analyse their faults and buck up now...

abherath
February 6, 2006, 07:06 AM

I think they are not.

They have beaten Australia, England, Sri Lanka and on the present World Cup tour of Sri Lanka, USA (OK, forget that win, if you want), Zimbabwe and in the tournament proper, New Zealand.

What needs to be done is to find a way to take this momentum into senior national cricket. Whatmore holds the key.

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2006, 08:37 AM
Abherath,
the key don't fit the lock. :)

I dont think he will see any of these boys in his side except Mushfique (captain) which may be a good thing for the long run.

Congrates to SL too.