PDA

View Full Version : Who is the toughest opponent for BD U-19?

Mohiul
February 3, 2006, 02:20 PM
After observing the results in warmup matches before the U-19 WC, I've got the following points:

1) WI won both the two matches by big margin & against good teams.
2) Eng won both the matches against good team.
3) BD won both the matches against weak teams.
4) Both Ind & Pak wan against Aussie but lost to Eng & SL respectively.
5) SA & SL won one match each against good teams.
6) Nz lost both the matches.

mshakir56
February 3, 2006, 07:27 PM
I think India is the toughest opponent.

Asif
February 3, 2006, 10:31 PM
I think our boys would be able to handle indians... its the west indian mini-giants might wreck havoc!

mahrookh
February 3, 2006, 10:53 PM
West Indies , Pakistan , India , South Africa .

Our guys gotta get their herat out and practice untill they can acheive success .

shaoun
February 3, 2006, 10:54 PM
i think india is the strongest team in the tournament. but bangladesh shouldnt worry about india yet because we have 2 test playing nation in our group. pakistan and new zealand. beating these two teams wont be easy. if they beat us then our chance of going to the next round will be over. so the boys should worry about them now. uganda i dont think they will raise any problem but new zealand and pakistan are two teams that are capable of beating bangladesh. we have to win one of the two atleast to go to the next round. but the way bangladesh is playing there is no reason why we shouldnt go to the next round. but in the game of cricket anything can happen. so we shouldnt look pass the first round yet.

mshakir56
February 4, 2006, 03:05 AM
In my theory, we should pass the first round with great ease !

thebest
February 4, 2006, 05:51 AM
I think our toughest opponents are us. On any day these boys can beat any body. This might bring over confidence and complacency. Yesterday's match take for example. After my making 260+ and reeling them 7 down 180 odd we let Zim come back. If this happens againest any other test opposition it would fatal. If they could avoid complacency, sky is the limit.
Go cubs.

Hatebreed
February 4, 2006, 07:39 AM
WI

Ahmed_B
February 4, 2006, 08:18 AM
I am having a strange feeling about WI. They may well turn out to be the toughest ones. :umm:

deshpremi
February 4, 2006, 02:00 PM
india

Haradhon
February 4, 2006, 02:26 PM
Let's take one step at a time. Beat NZ first. I doubt BD can beat PK

cricman
February 4, 2006, 02:28 PM
but we did beat them in afro asia cup

mshakir56
February 4, 2006, 05:30 PM
Pakistan is almost good as us, but we are better then them, by a invisible mergin.

esteban_loaiza
February 4, 2006, 05:56 PM
NZ and Pak are our greatest opponents as we need to beat them to get into 2nd round which we never did. We should not take this granted that we are plaiyng in the 2nd round, let alone semifinal or final. The idea of this poll is ridiculous.

Edited on, February 4, 2006, 10:57 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

CricTiger
February 4, 2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56

Can you tell us your theory? I am very eager to know. Is this your wishful thinking or you know some thing that we missed some how?

shaoun
February 4, 2006, 08:45 PM
pakistan and new zealand are both very strong team. like i said they can beat us in any given day. bangladesh pakistan and new zealand are very similar in strength but we have the mental advantage because of our players won so many practice matches. but this is going to be very different. the boys will be under pressure because everyone expects so much from them. i wouldnt overlook the first round because going to the second round will be hard for us. after second round we can worry about westindies or india or anyone else. but for now i think u-19 team is thinking about new zealand, pakistan and uganda.

pagol-chagol
February 4, 2006, 09:02 PM
The first game is so important.

I think rain will have a significant impact in the points table before its all said and done. Watch out.

Mahir
February 5, 2006, 06:47 PM
India.... by far the toughest opponent for us, in my opinion.

BappyHayat
February 5, 2006, 06:52 PM
INDIA for sure...

rudro
February 6, 2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger
Originally posted by mshakir56

Can you tell us your theory? I am very eager to know. Is this your wishful thinking or you know some thing that we missed some how?
CricTiger, I was puzzled for a while. When I saw the post I was about to write the same. Guess, I didn't, you spoke my mind.

rudro
February 6, 2006, 12:30 PM
Edited on, February 6, 2006, 5:30 PM GMT, by rudro.

sadi
February 6, 2006, 12:52 PM
doesn't matter who we play... we can win any given day... however India and WI are two very good team and can definately give us hard time....

Shafin
February 6, 2006, 01:35 PM
The toughest opponent for us is our nerves,if we dont loose them,why in the earth we have to think about others?
our team have the potential of beating every team in this tournament only if they can perform 75% of theirself

Edited on, February 6, 2006, 6:43 PM GMT, by Shark_fin.

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2006, 02:10 PM
Australia - The just destroyed SA. We may meet them in the Semis.

Umar
February 6, 2006, 02:16 PM
Well.....even I've Voted for India as the Taughest opponent....Still pakistan and Windies will not be easy....Mind it.....even Australia...And England....All of them are playing good.