PDA

View Full Version : Going to Bogura?

samircreep
February 2, 2006, 04:37 AM
anyone of you guys want to go to bogura with me to watch the one dayers? we should plan ahead. Lemme know.

chyicarus
February 2, 2006, 12:06 PM
Yo Creepers Jeepers- i wanna come along!!!

Tigers_eye
February 2, 2006, 12:12 PM
I'll be there 100% in spirit. Have some jhal muri, Dal puri, khirai, aamrra on behalf of me. :)

Fazal
February 2, 2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Cats_eye
I'll be there 100% in spirit. Have some jhal muri, Dal puri, khirai, aamrra on behalf of me. :)

.... but after eating all those stuff if samircreep gets sick and have to stay in the hospital, who is going is to pay for that ?

Cost related to loss of salary, medical fee, and emmotional stress.

Tigers_eye
February 2, 2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
.... but after eating all those stuff if samircreep gets sick and have to stay in the hospital, who is going is to pay for that ?

Cost related to loss of salary, medical fee, and emmotional stress.
Why? Data hatem tai, Fazal bhai thaktey kano ei proshno?

Carte Blanche
February 2, 2006, 01:00 PM
samir: please take a camera with you and share the pictures with us. May be even a pictorial report? May be?:)

Mohiul
February 2, 2006, 01:05 PM
Then Samircreep bhai, we're getting coverage from you.

Should I give you advance thanks?

reza_15
February 2, 2006, 01:42 PM
I wish if i could go there and watch the game. but not possible.

sigh.

samircreep
February 3, 2006, 01:50 AM
yep i'll take pics but im sure there r people who want to come......

naheyan
February 4, 2006, 08:47 AM
hello people.....

I am really desperate to see the first international matches in our new venues. however, I do not prefer travelling alone to BOGRA.
So if anyone is interested in going to BOGRA from dhaka please contact me...I wud prefer someone who has some idea of BOGRA.

Naheyan
cell: 0177477393, 0186167326

Zunaid
February 4, 2006, 09:32 AM
Moving this to the other Bogra thread.

Sameer meet Naheyan. Naheyan meet Sameer.

mshakir56
February 4, 2006, 05:41 PM
I think we should assign a reporter for us in Bogra. Someone from this forum offcours. This way we can get a glimpse at the match.

al Furqaan
February 4, 2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56
I think we should assign a reporter for us in Bogra. Someone from this forum offcours. This way we can get a glimpse at the match.

we should try this for all matches, especially home affairs.

we gotta think big...perhaps one day we can replace cricinfo, lol.

but we must think big and be ambitious, for only they acheive.

ALSO ATTN SAMIR:

please take some pics of just the stadium...i wanna see what its like (size, modernity, etc.). and of course pics of our boys and SL players.

thanks a lot.

CricTiger
February 4, 2006, 06:40 PM
Please educate us about this stadium and surroundings. Also if possible, give us a 360 view on BD through you commentary and picture if possible

Orpheus
February 4, 2006, 10:10 PM
all of you stop saying Bogra, it makes me nervous!

haha I am a cricket legend now. Wow! Al furqan - now competition is between you and I :)

Edited on, February 5, 2006, 3:11 AM GMT, by Orpheus.

al Furqaan
February 4, 2006, 10:22 PM
didn't realize that i passed 2000 (eating cafe up for breakfast takes your mind off of the post count, lol)...what is the title before 2000?

test cricketer or ODI cricketer?

Orpheus
February 4, 2006, 10:29 PM
test

naheyan
February 5, 2006, 03:49 AM
do they have internet in bogra........or atleast does anyone hav internet in their cellphones...then i think we can make live updates on Banglacricket.

by the way.....how many of you are going from dhaka??????

shaoun
February 5, 2006, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by naheyan
do they have internet in bogra........or atleast does anyone hav internet in their cellphones...then i think we can make live updates on Banglacricket.

by the way.....how many of you are going from dhaka??????
i read somewhere in the newspaper that they have internet in all 64 district in bangladesh.

Ahmed_B
February 5, 2006, 04:33 AM
I might be able to go for one match.. not sure yet.

Sameer bhai/naheyan.. which of mathces are you planning to attain?

Edited on, February 5, 2006, 9:35 AM GMT, by Ahmed_B.

naheyan
February 5, 2006, 04:42 AM
most probably the second one...cuz I am gonna b bz on sunday...and if i go for the first ODI i will not come bak without watching the 2nd one so staying over that nite wud be a problem.....

By the way..some info....it takes around 4 hours from dhaka to bogra by bus. the earliest one starts at 7.00 am.

better run to GABTOLI as quickly as possible...;)

shaoun
February 5, 2006, 04:45 AM
i dont think the srilankan national team will want to go to bogura by bus. and i know they dont have an airport there. is there any other quicker way to get to bogura. they city has a nice 4 star hotel now and i also hear that the stadium is very good. but the travel from dhaka is going to be tough. which is why alot of test countries will not want to play over there. i wanted to know is there any faster way. rajshahi has an airport and how long does it take to go to bogura from rajshahi?

naheyan
February 5, 2006, 04:49 AM
rajshahi is pretty close by to Bogra and wud probably take an hour by road....however...no gurantee if that road is gonna be good or not.

most probably the visitors wud prefer taking the bus rather than getting into a deshi domestic flight...the bus wud be much more comfortable....i bet.

shaoun
February 5, 2006, 04:55 AM
yea but the roads in bangladesh are very bad. i think traveling to bogura would be a problem and which is why alot of countries will not want to play there. dhaka chitagong and also fatullah will become have many international matches. but i think bogura and khulna will get left out. i know teams like england australia new zealand will never want to go there.

naheyan
February 5, 2006, 05:02 AM
hell with england australia and new zealand then.....

naheyan
February 5, 2006, 05:07 AM
lets make up a list of who is going for which game....

Me....2nd ODI..inshallah.

will the tickets be a problem?

CricTiger
February 5, 2006, 10:22 AM
Man ! we North Americans are now feeling jealous about this trip.if we were in BD that could be a great fun for all of us.Be there and enjoying the match is lot of fun.

Winter,New Stadium.Electrifying atmospher and ODIs ,you do the rest of the math.We all are waiting for a good journal from atleast one of you.

All the best and enjoy the trip !!

r56hg
February 5, 2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by shaoun
yea but the roads in bangladesh are very bad. i think traveling to bogura would be a problem and which is why alot of countries will not want to play there. dhaka chitagong and also fatullah will become have many international matches. but i think bogura and khulna will get left out. i know teams like england australia new zealand will never want to go there.

Hello Shaoun may be you are in New York for long time so you do not have any idea about the changes we made in Bangladesh. This time you will be surprised if you drive to Bogura from Dhaka. The communication is really excellent between Dhaka and Bogura and the scenario prevails on the Jamuna bridge is bonus :) . Besides this this is only a three and a half hour journey. :up:

samircreep
February 5, 2006, 11:17 AM
Listen everyone who wants go: I'm going by bus for the first two one dayers.The roads r fine, they've been recently reconstructed. We can stay in the newly built 3 star hotel overnight for both the games. It's an excellent hotel in case you're wondering.The players will be staying in the same place so we can chat with them and of course spend a lot of time analysing the game etc.Tickets wont be a problem either, lemme know if you want any.

anyways, write back on this space and I'll help fix everything. Cheers.

rudro
February 5, 2006, 11:55 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE E.............................kobe je desh-e gyia khela dekhum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

al Furqaan
February 5, 2006, 01:42 PM
samir bhai:

please can you do an official interview with our boys?

here is my idea:

just tell them that it will be published here and if thats okay. then just talk to as many of them as you can. you can do it over the entire stay so you don't tie them/yourself up.

and then front page article here at BC.

thanks

Mahir
February 5, 2006, 07:00 PM
pics from those who are travelling to Bogura are all I want. Missing this hype...mannnn... wish i was in BD at this time...

shaoun
February 5, 2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by r56hg
Originally posted by shaoun

Hello Shaoun may be you are in New York for long time so you do not have any idea about the changes we made in Bangladesh. This time you will be surprised if you drive to Bogura from Dhaka. The communication is really excellent between Dhaka and Bogura and the scenario prevails on the Jamuna bridge is bonus :) . Besides this this is only a three and a half hour journey. :up:
true i havent been in bangladesh till 98. tell you the truth roads in bangladesh scares me and all those accident news they show on ntv scares me even more. but its good to hear they improved the road. if i was at bangladesh rightnow i would definitely go watch the odi in bogura and chitagong. but too bad i m not. :(

sadi
February 6, 2006, 12:48 PM
yeah... some picture and details of the game will be nice... give us some info that we can't find on the tv coverage..... anything... you guys are really lucky you can make this trip...... enjoyyyyy

Faceoff
February 6, 2006, 03:14 PM
May be you guys can record some live footage and share it with us.

samircreep
February 13, 2006, 07:49 AM
So I guess I'm the only one going to bogura from this site. Pity:ninja:

BanglaCool
February 13, 2006, 09:49 AM
Bogra is the busiest economical hub in the north of the country. It has a very rich cultural and traditional heritage. People are very welcoming and hospitable.
please check its history - a slightly outdated one
http://www.goldenbogra.com/history_bogra/bogra_history.php
Also portals like
http://www.bogra.info
http://www.goldenbogra.com/

Contact this person if he is still available:
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-481476-prod-travelguide-action-read-ratings_and_reviews-i

I really don't think the 3.5 hrs journey will be much of a bother, especially if you pull over in the Aristocrat or foodvilla restaurants on either side of Jamuna. The bridge itself - the biggest in the country - is an adequate attraction to go to the neglected, but self developed northern Bangladesh.
Once you are there don't forget about Bogra's famous Doi (curd) and listen and try to understand the local dialect (which is amusing).

samircreep
February 13, 2006, 11:14 AM
dude, i've been to bogra hundreds of times. I'm just asking if anyone from this site wants to come with me

Tigers_eye
February 13, 2006, 11:38 AM
samir bhai,
Read the following posts. In case you missed.

lets make up a list of who is going for which game....

Me....2nd ODI..inshallah.

will the tickets be a problem?

hello people.....

I am really desperate to see the first international matches in our new venues. however, I do not prefer travelling alone to BOGRA.
So if anyone is interested in going to BOGRA from dhaka please contact me...I wud prefer someone who has some idea of BOGRA.

Naheyan
cell: 0177477393, 0186167326

mshakir56
February 13, 2006, 08:18 PM
Do they allow camcorders inside the stadium, if so, maybe one of you guys can take one with you, and share the video with us.

kaiser
February 13, 2006, 08:41 PM
I am from bogra. I have been away for a long while now (7 years) and I find it really hard to beleive that bogra is host to international matches. Makes me very proud.

Generally you will find most people in Bogra very unsophisticated and easy to deal with. An yes do buy some doi and ghee from bogra if you are there. They are really good.

samircreep
February 13, 2006, 09:28 PM
thanx cats eye

reverse_swing
February 13, 2006, 09:49 PM
বগুড়া শহরে আজকাল অনেক ভালো হটেল আছে। সাত রাস্টার মোড়ে (নাটোর যাবার মুখে) একটা ভালো হটেল পাবেন।নামটা মনে নেই। এই হটেলে ইন্টার কম,টিভি,এসি,বাথরুম সহ রুম পাবেন ৮০০ থেকে ২০০০ টাকায়। বগুড়া শহরের ভিতরে ২৪ ঘন্টা খোলা খাকে এমন একটা শত বছরের পুরানো খাবার হটেল আছে। মাঝ রাতে খিদে লাগলে ইচ্ছা হলে ওখানে যেয়ে খেতে পারেন। বগুড়া শহরে ঢুকে যে কাউকে বল্লেই ওই হটেলটা কোথায় বলে দিবে।

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 3:07 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: ইন্টার কম