PDA

View Full Version : U/19 BD vs Pakistan - your thoughts!!

hello_cricket
February 6, 2006, 10:14 AM
BD u/19 should make all effort to win against pakistan. BD should not think at all about moving to the next round based on 'run rate' measure. We have the talent, we just need to go with positive mental set up and we will InshaAllah win.

yaseer
February 6, 2006, 10:34 AM
50-50 chance for both the team.....whoever plays better in the day will win the match........BD has a great chance because they are fresh from a confident n moral boosting win......will go for it.........lets hope for the best
:fanflag:

6alltheway
February 6, 2006, 10:39 AM
yeah 50-50 i think as well, COME ON BD.

sadi
February 6, 2006, 10:44 AM
definately we can win this game.... our two main batsmen didn't score in the first match and I am hoping they will come up big against Pakistan... If Tamim and Sakib can get off to a good start, we can score a big total against them

Hatebreed
February 6, 2006, 11:20 AM
C'mon Bangladesh!

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2006, 11:32 AM
One word "extra". Control that and we will win it. The wides not only give opponents runs but also extra balls to hit. Against NZ they bowled 45.3 and 22 wides. equates to 49.1 overs. 175 - 22 = 153 - whatever they scored in the 22 extra balls.

Fortunately the pakistanis are also giving away lots of extras. In 33.3 overs against Uganda they gave 25 runs. 18 wides and a noball.

SS
February 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
There is no way they can win against Pakistan..it will be green wicket i believe...and Pak got good bowlers and they play spin really well. All we can hope is a win agnt Ug.
May Allmighty help us somehow.
Our pace dept lack penetration and our batting is dependent on tamim and saqib's big knock.

Fazal
February 6, 2006, 11:41 AM
Boroee tension-e achi....

BanCricFan
February 6, 2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by SS
There is no way they can win against Pakistan..it will be green wicket i believe...and Pak got good bowlers and they play spin really well. All we can hope is a win agnt Ug.
May Allmighty help us somehow.
Our pace dept lack penetration and our batting is dependent on tamim and saqib's big knock.

Never underestimate this BD younsters...and a Big NO... this team is not solely dependent on Tamim or Saqib. Almost all of them are matchwinners on any given day- Shamsur, Raqib,Mushfique, Mehrab, shuvo and even Khadim with the bat. We have a decent enough pacer in Dolar and a battery of quality SLA's.

All they have to do is approach each game positively, without any complacencies and being over smart. Truely, these are a formidable bunch and should go all the way. Lets have faith...shall we?:lol:

Edited on, February 6, 2006, 5:14 PM GMT, by BanCricFan.

sadi
February 6, 2006, 12:18 PM
It will be a fun game... I am sure we will give Pakistan a hard time and lets see what happens... if Tamim can get going, anything can happen..... it will be great to give back pakistan one of their own medicine (our afridi).... for some reason, I feel like Musfiq rahim will come up big this time.... keeping my fingers crossed....

akbar1
February 6, 2006, 12:22 PM
come on bangladesh

Rubu
February 6, 2006, 12:39 PM
this team does not depend on anyone. as RI said somewhere, take any combination of 11 player from there and you will have a balanced team. true that the pace dept is not very penetrating, but thats about it. in all other cases they are balanced. they do not depend on anyone in special. above all, they are in the habbit of winning. to me, it seems that the only reasons they won against NZ are: all players contributed and they are in the habbit of winning. where NZ probably lost their nerves, they kept it cool and just did what it needed to win.

so, i'm hopeful, we'll beat pakistan. if not, we'll give them a run for their money. in any event it is going to be a close match. that would mean a lesser impact on RR. then, we'll have uganda to take care of RR. so, at the last game NZ will be under tremendous pressure not only in terms of point but even more in terms of RR. so, you can say that we have already bought a ticket for 2nd round. Just that we need to be the group champions. and we'll do it!

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2006, 01:49 PM
All we have to do is make it a close game. We don'te even need to win against Pakistan. If we win thats just bonus.

Then what if pakistan loses to NZ and gets left out from the 2nd round :) Wouldn't that be something.

sadi
February 6, 2006, 01:53 PM
well runrate will play a big part to decide who will be out then and we don't wanna go through that... its better for us if we can just win it against pakistan... it will be sweet

Sauron
February 6, 2006, 02:06 PM
My gut feel is that this U-19 team will win all the way to the trophy. They always play to win. Pakistan team is in for a shock.

Umar
February 6, 2006, 02:18 PM
Lets pray for our team........and See what they can do.......After beating Pakistan i will think about beating India...And that will do...:info:

rudro
February 6, 2006, 02:33 PM
Go tigers go! Beat'm to death!!!

For those who think we can't beat Pakistan: Have you forgotten our win against them in Afro Asia cup?

tansir
February 6, 2006, 03:27 PM
I may sound a bit arrogant but I strongly believe that BD will win easily against Pakistan this time. Well, BD is a well-balanced team which has very strong and deep batting lineup as well as a strong bowling lineup with lots of variety. Batting is not a strong part of PAK team and their bowling is anything but stronger than that of BD.

Many of us may be surprised to see a rather easy victory against PAK on Feb. 08, but I won't be surprised at all. Our main opponent to win the cup will be IND and SL.

oracle
February 6, 2006, 03:40 PM
I think that we should bat first and let Tamim settle in with his natural game. If we have a decent total and the 2 openers can withstand the pakistani opening bowlers then the rest should be able to manage a competitive total. I don't think the pitch will turning as was the case before.

hello_cricket
February 6, 2006, 03:54 PM
Great to see positive attitude about us winning against Pakistan. I agree we should bat first and set a big total unless the pitch condition is really bad for batting. Good luck BD U/19 Team!!!

SS
February 6, 2006, 06:03 PM
I just can't accept the fact that you guys are so happy and confident. Our team lost 2 wkts so early and then 70 something for 5. Where you see optimsm for it??

I believe in performance and team work a team like us. we don't have imran khan, sachin dravid ...Depending on a player or two always helped us got away with tough situation.

But I am hoping that all of them play with their heart.

cricman
February 6, 2006, 06:07 PM
Then why are we considered favorites in this event?

aosaif
February 6, 2006, 06:50 PM
If these cubs want to win this tournament, they must defeat Pakistan by whatever margin possible. They're not going to improve throughout the tournament. They will have to play with whatever skills, talent, wisdom they have brought to Colombo.

If we win, it sets up to go all the way. A win against Pakistan means pretty much that we're the real deal here. A loss.....well.....I'm not sure how far we'll go.....maybe the semis.

CricTiger
February 6, 2006, 07:17 PM
We have done it once and we will do it again.

al Furqaan
February 6, 2006, 07:17 PM
50-50 game...really depends on saqib and tamim and mushfiq. actually, i take it back, depends on all eleven on the field

BagherBacha
February 6, 2006, 09:46 PM
sakib can't fail two games in a row. mark my word. sakib will take us to victory this time.

mshakir56
February 6, 2006, 11:47 PM
I am shaky and also optimistic about our upcoming match against Pakistan. I am shaky due to the performance of our players against New Zealand. On the other hand, I am also optimistic due to the fact that we beat them the last time.

fan_frm_the_uk
February 6, 2006, 11:58 PM
its 50-50. the team holds its nerve on that particular day, wins it.

PoorFan
February 7, 2006, 04:32 AM
I see it 60 - 40 in favor of Bangladesh, since we have long batting lineup and all of them are match winner. I think we should bat first, keep Paki in pressure, and let chase a total around 250.

The match will be ours I hope.:fanflag:

Shish Ahmed
February 7, 2006, 06:31 AM
The boys should be more relaxed for this game, hence i think they play better when they are. The NZ game was a must win game and we needed to get off to a good start and the pressure was on.

This is not a must win game and as long as we beat Uganda we should go threw to the Super League. I feel if the boys can play their natural game we will win Inshallah.

fwullah
February 7, 2006, 07:20 AM
So many optimistic opinions here! I started reading this thread thinking that - 'if we can't beat Pakistan tomorrow, then in the next game against Uganda - we have to score more than 259 (that is what New Zealand did today against Uganda) and have to restrict them to lower than whatever they have (or will) score today.

And after finished reading all the posts, I am thinking now - 'we have passed so many bad (U-19) world cups before, not even going to the 2nd round even after being the favorites, may be if we can be the group champions this time - after beating Pakistan tomorrow and then beating Uganda next - then may be we can win the world cup this time - following a repeat act of 1997 ICC trophy, when we were unbeaten throughout the tournament.

abu_akif
February 7, 2006, 08:13 AM
Amra korbo joi, amra korbo joi, nishchoi...:bravo:

rudro
February 7, 2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by abu_akif
Amra korbo joi, amra korbo joi, nishchoi...:bravo: Buk-er gobhir-e ache prottoy, amra korbo joy nishchoi.

Shehwar
February 7, 2006, 11:11 AM
This is a bit off topic but I alwayz thought our best chance of winning the Under-19s was back in '98....We had a fantastic team....and we were very very unlucky to miss out on the knock out stages as we had finished on the same points as England and NewZealand....And Winning the plate final really was a mere consolation......I am convinced we wud have won it had we made the later stages....After all The eventual champions England were beaten by only us!....As for this year.....I will be happy if we make the Finals...After that who knowz...lets keep our fingers crossed...cheers.....

ICC Under-19s World Cup 1997/98

Sobers Pool: Bangladesh Under-19s v Namibia Under-19s at Pretoria - January 12, 1998
Bangladesh Under-19s won by 4 wickets. Namibia Under-19s 105 (43 ov); Bangladesh Under-19s 109-6 (28.1 ov).

Sobers Pool: Bangladesh Under-19s v New Zealand Under-19s at Pretoria - January 13, 1998
New Zealand Under-19s won by 99 runs. New Zealand Under-19s 278-8 (50 ov); Bangladesh Under-19s 179 (46.3 ov).

Sobers Pool: Bangladesh Under-19s v England Under-19s at Pretoria - January 15, 1998
Bangladesh Under-19s won by 3 wickets. England Under-19s 223 (49.3 ov); Bangladesh Under-19s 225-7 (44 ov).

Plate Majiet Pool: Bangladesh Under-19s v Kenya Under-19s at Potchefstroom - January 19, 1998
Bangladesh Under-19s won by 3 wickets. Kenya Under-19s 132 (45.5 ov); Bangladesh Under-19s 134-7 (40.2 ov).

Plate Majiet Pool: Bangladesh Under-19s v Papua New Guinea Under-19s at Johannesburg - January 20, 1998
Bangladesh Under-19s won by 161 runs. Bangladesh Under-19s 263 (49.3 ov); Papua New Guinea Under-19s 102 (40.5 ov).

Plate Majiet Pool: Bangladesh Under-19s v Ireland Under-19s at Benoni - January 22, 1998
Bangladesh Under-19s won by 3 wickets. Ireland Under-19s 169 (48.4 ov); Bangladesh Under-19s 173-7 (42.5 ov).

Plate Final: Bangladesh Under-19s v West Indies Under-19s at Fochville - January 24, 1998
Bangladesh Under-19s won by 6 wickets. West Indies Under-19s 243-8 (50 ov); Bangladesh Under-19s 245-4 (46.5 ov).

Edited on, February 7, 2006, 4:13 PM GMT, by Shehwar.
Reason: Spl!

SS
February 7, 2006, 12:01 PM
It's really nice to see that U-19 could fight with the other "big" boys...but the way we nurture them that turns out to be a disaster while they become Sami or Pathan our bowlers stay like street bowlers to them.

sabbir ahmad
February 7, 2006, 01:10 PM
Insaallaha Bangladesh win

Fazal
February 7, 2006, 02:21 PM
SS should be hired by BCB to give a motivational speach to the u-19 team before the game against Pakistan.

SS
February 8, 2006, 09:30 AM
ops...not sure if i gave 'motivation' speech but it worked some way around :D:lol:

sadi
February 8, 2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by sadi
for some reason, I feel like Musfiq rahim will come up big this time.... keeping my fingers crossed....

wow... i m getting better in this prediction stuff....... lol.... well done boys.... sokale utei eto bhalo kobor... saradin bhalo jabe :joy:

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 2:41 PM GMT, by sadi.

Cricket Crazy
February 8, 2006, 10:00 AM
From now i will feel so proud when i talk about cricket with pakis from my area.
:fire::joy::bald:;)

Mahir
February 8, 2006, 10:28 AM
All of the resident pessimists here, now get off with your negativities and stop doubting this team's calibre. This team is_not_overrated. They have shown class and character to overcome adversities when badly needed in these two games. Under the leadership of a special captain who played like a true champion today, this team does have what it takes to go all the way. And I believe from the bottom of my heart that history will be made in a few days' time.

Hats off to the boys! Congratulations on a journey well commenced and specially on knocking off our arch-rivals. We are proud of you.

Shafin
February 8, 2006, 10:37 AM
[i]bagherbaccha[i]
sakib can't fail two games in a row. mark my word. sakib will take us to victory this time.

start giving haat dekha biggapons in ittefaq,you'll get all other
jotisi's out of business:lol:

Fazal
February 8, 2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by sadi
for some reason, I feel like Musfiq rahim will come up big this time.... keeping my fingers crossed....

[i]bagherbaccha[i]

Who is the better fortune teller? sadi or bagherbaccha ? I think its a tie.

We need more prediction from these two to make our mind who is the real deal. Only then I will ask him about the top five stock pick...

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 3:45 PM GMT, by Fazal.

SS
February 8, 2006, 10:51 AM
I guess I am the worst :( Only when it comes to bad prediction my predictions works though

green_cat
February 8, 2006, 11:14 AM
hi,

I am confuse to see the picture of Saqib. Is he under 19. I am confused to see his picture. next line is my opinion..If he is not..then why we are trying to take pride upon winning? is this a good strategy? can we imporeve by hiding the age?...
just confirm me someone that saqib is under-19. the i will feel good.

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 4:15 PM GMT, by crktjani.

Tigers_eye
February 8, 2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by SS
I guess I am the worst :( Only when it comes to bad prediction my predictions works though
I have retired from predicting. Since it never goes my way. But I tell you at times its very tempting to go back to old habbits.

Now I would say "I think, I hope, I pray etc.."

Tigers_eye
February 8, 2006, 11:25 AM
Sakib is no chacha. He is Under-19. Feel good Mr. Crktjani.

sadi
February 8, 2006, 11:33 AM
I will go ahead with my next prediction.... tamim is going for another quick innings.... considering its Uganda and he always do well against this kinda team, that is pretty obvious... :P

chinaman
February 8, 2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by crktjani
hi,

I am confuse to see the picture of Saqib. Is he under 19. I am confused to see his picture. next line is my opinion..If he is not..then why we are trying to take pride upon winning? is this a good strategy? can we imporeve by hiding the age?...
just confirm me someone that saqib is under-19. the i will feel good.

Please take a look at the ACC document from 2003. Feeling better now? :)

http://www.banglacricket.com/files/pics/posted/ageu192006.gif

green_cat
February 8, 2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
Please take a look at the ACC document from 2003. Feeling better now? :)

thnx chainaman..now i feel good..:up: . this means we r not taking the bad advantages that will not make future good..:lol:..thnx again...go bd go...wreck everybod..:joy::fire:

Tigers_eye
February 8, 2006, 01:11 PM
Chinaman,
Do you have any recent Physical fitness assessment on some of these boys and for our national team? I am more interested in the progress of their speed, strength and flexibility.

Current NBA Drafties (last year) had an ave over 35 inches verticle jumps. Highest was Will Bynum recording 40.5 inches. I know cricket is not a sport that requires jump but Just wanted to know who are atheletes and who are just players. They also bench pressed 185 pounds (repitition). Joey Graham pressed 26 times!!

Thanks in advance!

chinaman
February 8, 2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry, I don't have the recent documentations.