PDA

View Full Version : New Frontpage Article: A Historical Debut

Arnab
February 6, 2006, 11:59 PM
We have decided to print a Bangla article this time. It's a classic by Prothom Alo reporter Utpal Shubhro.

Utpal writes on Aminul Islam Bulbul's epic 145 in Bangladesh's (and his) debut Test.

In order to view Bangla, you need to go through our guide on setting up Unicode Bangla on your PC.

http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/bangla/

Edited on, February 7, 2006, 5:06 AM GMT, by Arnab.

Nasif
February 7, 2006, 01:07 AM
উত্পল শুভ্রর এই লেখাটা সত্যিই দারুন। ধন্যবাদ

Tigers_eye
February 7, 2006, 09:04 AM
েটা থেকে যদি আমাদের batsmen'ra কিছু অনুপে্ররনা পায়, সেটা হবে সবচে বড় পাওয়া ।

Rubu
February 7, 2006, 10:52 AM
Good Job arnab. its your pay day for all the hard work. :up:

Flipper
February 7, 2006, 08:26 PM
It was “the moment” in Bangladesh’s Cricket history when Aminul hammered that century against India in the first ever test. After reading that article, I just watched it one more time. I still have the same feeling I had when I watched it the very first time.

Here is a quote from the commentators: (Aminul and Pilot on the Crease)

Ravi Shastri: "111 overs have been bowled, 286/6, and a chance is here for Aminul islam to get a Hundred. He is on strike; he is going to face the first ball of the over from Murali Kartik. To tell you more, Tony Greg, and Laksman ShivramaKrisnan".

Tony Greg: "Thank you Ravi, yes this could be a very historic moment in the history of Bangladesh Cricket. The Indians will be looking to save one here, they will be looking for the run out.

O………and he has got it away,

That’s it. That’s, that is his century.

This is a wonderful occasion.

Up goes his helmet, a kiss there on the bat to Bangladesh…

And he is the first man in the history of Cricket in Bangladesh to score a test match century, the third in the history of cricket to make a century in his country’s inaugural test match.

What a moment.

Look at that. Tears in the eyes of his colleagues.

This will be remembered forever!"

CricTiger
February 7, 2006, 10:02 PM
Past can never build future.We could take solice from the past and enrich our experience but we have to build our future from present.
And at present we are not in good shape.

mshakir56
February 7, 2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CricTiger
Past can never build future.We could take solice from the past and enrich our experience but we have to build our future from present.
And at present we are not in good shape.
You are right, we make one memorable debute and then we halt. We need some changes.

BappyHayat
February 8, 2006, 01:41 AM
Shuvro'Da is a great writer..I'm a great fan of him from the very beginning

Hopefully this article will encourage our batsman to recover from their badpatch...and will give Bulbuli a happy chance to remember the great occation

Thanks to Shuvro'Da for the article
Thanks to Bulbuli for the great Innings
Thanks to Arnab for the thread and let us know about the article

Zunaid
February 8, 2006, 01:43 AM
Additional thanks to Arnab for typing this up.