PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Pictures

kaiser
February 7, 2006, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I was looking for pictures of stadiums. I have been out of bangladesh for along while now and haven't seen the redesigned stadiums. Any pictures or links to the new Mirpur, Bogra, Chittagong, Khulna etc would be really appreciated.

Also if anyone has any link to websites showing the upcoming BD vs SL matches that will be great too.

Thanks

K

Poka
February 7, 2006, 03:20 PM
I've seen the carribean stadiums for the world cup 2007 and they look awsome. For example one of the stadium is just on a beach and one side of the stadium is open towards the ocean, it is amazing...let's see how that goes.

akbar1
February 7, 2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Poka
I've seen the carribean stadiums for the world cup 2007 and they look awsome. For example one of the stadium is just on a beach and one side of the stadium is open towards the ocean, it is amazing...let's see how that goes.

So I guess when the likes of Jayashirya hits it out for six, it's gone for ever;)

prasad
February 7, 2006, 10:18 PM

my fav ground too.....

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/DB/052001/025871.jpg

:great:

aosaif
February 7, 2006, 10:47 PM
one side of the stadium is open to the ocean? Oh great....ball is gonna swing 90 degrees. Batsmen will be both mesmerized by the scenic beauty and baffled by the swing.

Anticipate scores of <60

Zunaid
February 8, 2006, 01:24 AM
http://www.bogra.info/images/chandu_stadium.jpg

Only image I could find on the web - from bogra.info

prasad
February 8, 2006, 05:45 AM
omg!!!!!thats the roundest stadium i have ever seen.whats its circumference?:umm:

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 1:29 PM GMT, by prasad.

fwullah
February 8, 2006, 07:19 AM
The reason that the stadium is roundest is because it was first built to be a football stadium.

prasad
February 8, 2006, 08:28 AM
so football grounss r supposed to b round and cricket grounds rectangular...........girl u r getting confused.time for some kadak chaai.

Shakalaka
February 8, 2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by prasad

my fav ground too.....

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/DB/052001/025871.jpg

:great:

Inshallah, i will be there to cheer Bangladesh!!!

TheWatcher
February 8, 2006, 05:11 PM
so football grounss r supposed to b round and cricket grounds rectangular...........
:D

Fazal
February 8, 2006, 05:35 PM
so football grounss r supposed to b round and cricket grounds rectangular...........girl u r getting confused.time for some kadak chaai.

Looks like didn't like fwullah's logic?

Now here is another one 'chandu' means moon or 'look like moon' and therefore it was built like a full moon i.e. complete circle.

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 11:57 PM GMT, by Fazal.

kaiser
February 8, 2006, 10:13 PM
Zunaid:

Thanks for the pic.

Once the upcoming series gets rolling hopefully there will be better pics of the venues.

K

Asif
February 8, 2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Fazal

Looks like didn't like fwullah's logic?

Now here is another one 'chandu' means moon or 'look like moon' and therefore it was built like a full moon i.e. complete circle.

Edited on, February 8, 2006, 11:57 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Thats the best explaination ever. Now I understand the reason for calling it a chandu stadium (although we also got a chandu who is shohid).

irteja
February 13, 2006, 10:54 AM
i heard that two new test venue in bangladesh start from sri lanka series. i never seen any picture of this stadium...what is the capacity in those stadium......can some one post some picture please?...thanks