PDA

View Full Version : out of the u-19 guys who do you think is the next to make it to the national team.

shaoun
February 9, 2006, 01:30 AM
out of the u-19 guys who do you think is the next to make it to the national team. beside mushfique rahim because he already played a test match

shaoun
February 9, 2006, 01:49 AM
i thnk it will be sakib

BappyHayat
February 9, 2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by shaoun
i thnk it will be sakib

I also think it will be Sakib...but Tamim and Mehrab Jnr will be closest also

TheWatcher
February 9, 2006, 03:03 AM
It is Tamim, not Tanim.

Mr-khan
February 9, 2006, 05:10 AM
Tamim Iqbal.Overall Sakib is better than Tamim,but i like entertaining cricket.So i voted for Tamim.
Javed ar batting dekte dekte ami tired.:(

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 10:11 AM GMT, by Mr-khan.

Fortuner
February 9, 2006, 06:43 AM
We need Tamim in ODI's with Shariar Nafees if he is performing well. He can be a very useful opening batsmean for us in ODI.

I would like Tamim and Shariar to open in ODI

Test - Javed and Shariar

Tamim is better than his bro and Rajin Saleh also but yet Tamim needs more experience, exposure, confidence...

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2006, 08:49 AM
Is Mushfiq already in the National team?

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 1:50 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 09:11 AM
I voted for Sakib. In two years time, I picture our batting lineup like this:

Tamim, Shahriar Nafees, Sakib, Ashraful, Habibul Bashar, Aftab, Mushfiqur Rahim

Not bad huh?

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by sadi
I voted for Sakib. In two years time, I picture our batting lineup like this:

Tamim, Shahriar Nafees, Sakib, Ashraful, Habibul Bashar, Aftab, Mushfiqur Rahim

Not bad huh?

Must be ODI lineup. Correct?

Cause these boys are not ready for test. Even in two years they won't be ready. Its a different monster. Mehrab Jr. has a better chance there along with Mushfiqur Rahim.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 09:32 AM
yeah definately odi lineup.... orelse rajin and JO would have been there.... lol

thebest
February 9, 2006, 09:53 AM
I think Mehrab . He hass the coolest brain on a young soulder. Also a grafter. We need a grafter to compliment Ash, Bash, Aftab and SN.

Spitfire_x86
February 9, 2006, 10:33 AM
It will be either Tamim or Sakib

How good Mehrab really is? I hope he is good enough for international level. His batting doesn't seem well suited for ODI cricket and we don't know how effective he can be in Test cricket with ball.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
It will be either Tamim or Sakib

How good Mehrab really is? I hope he is good enough for international level. His batting doesn't seem well suited for ODI cricket and we don't know how effective he can be in Test cricket with ball.

I think he will turn out to be a better version of Rana

fwullah
February 9, 2006, 11:55 AM
If any of our national team players perform poorly in particular, then that player will be replaced by a similar style player of the U-19 team.

For example, Alok Kapali - a spinner allrounder of the U-19 team

Or, Shahriar Nafees - Tamim Iqbal (is Tamim a lefty?)

Or, Pliot - Mushfiqur Rahim

Shakalaka
February 9, 2006, 01:10 PM
We need qulity spinners in our national side. Beside Rafix there is none mentionable. i think then we should take Saqib, if we have to.

Tamim is just not matured enough. He got strokes but he needs to know how to stay top of his game. Mehrab is work in prgress. Mashfiqur should get nods also, but given that Pilot is there for atleast this WC. Oh well, may be as the 12th man as a batsman.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Shakalaka
Mashfiqur should get nods also, but given that Pilot is there for atleast this WC. Oh well, may be as the 12th man as a batsman.
Pilot is our most consistant and crisis batsman. Does anyone know if he can bowl or not? May be he should try out. Who knows he can be a hidden talent. Then we can include Rahim :)

Shafin
February 9, 2006, 01:27 PM
i think it will be sakib,in place of rana in the odi

TheWatcher
February 9, 2006, 01:39 PM
I think little shuffling in the batting order can open up a spot for Mushfiq in the ODI team during the Kenya series. As a batsman who can pace his batting according to the situation, he should stay at his current position in the U/19 team, #6. So, Aftab should be at #3, and Rajin becomes the super sub (unless Kapali performs some miracles during Lanka series).

Flipper
February 9, 2006, 06:31 PM
It could be any one, as most of them seems to have what it takes!

I would think Shuvo would be the first one as he was the top run scorer in the Afro-Asian Cup for us, and I think he was also 3rd highest run scorer in the entire trounament. He was also the 2nd best bowler for us in that trounament, 2nd or 3rd in the whole trounament. Hope he will be as impressive in this trounament also.

Mehrab, our best bowler in Afro-Asian Cup, and this trounament so far gets my vote after that, he can bat in a calm manner as well.

Shamsu is another one to look for.

Finally, Shakib. ( seems to be the popular dude here).

CricTiger
February 9, 2006, 06:55 PM
Did you guys remember Ashiqur Rahman? Our last U-19 Captain.Where he is now ? No where .

So do not predict anything in advance, only time will tell about these young kids.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 09:33 PM
he wasn't that good even during the world cup....

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2006, 09:38 PM
If BD is out before the under 19 final:duh: we should jetison Rahim straight to Bogura. The first ODI starts on the day of the final.

He can make the team as a batsman Today.

Thukku.

Yesterday.

cricfanz
February 10, 2006, 07:20 AM
I just hope this "future" is in at least 4 years (when these guys are actually mature enough to play)..not next year...

Mahmood
February 10, 2006, 08:49 AM
What we need in our national team is Solid batsmen like Pilot who will score regularly and wicket taking Pacers. This current U-19 has no such batsman other than Mushfiq who is already in the National team.

No pacer from this team seems promising, all they seem to have SLA which is already a very competitive area in the National team.

sadi
February 10, 2006, 09:13 AM
Musfiq is the one definately... Sakib and Tamim are not far behind... Talent is there... all they need to do is be more consistent...