nero
February 9, 2006, 06:43 AM
AL SHARIAR MADE 100 VS KHULNA NL TODAY

Mr-khan
February 9, 2006, 06:58 AM
Another advertisement by Shahriar.:up:

nero
February 9, 2006, 07:22 AM
Ok then lets see about Al Shahariar.......

Despite the form and time on his side why the selectors ignored him for a national recall for the home series against Sri Lanka remains still a mystery. Shahriar finished with highest aggregate of runs in the Premier League, scoring 562 with six 50s as an opener.

A local club official watching the match commented, "The selectors, especially our coach, should have watched Shahriar play like this. He would have been the perfect choice to end the everlasting problem of the opening slot in the national team. A batsman in form as he is should be given the chance to play at home." —— Daily Star on 9 February 2006

Mr. Khan What is your opinion about above comment from the Daily News paper—I think you agrred that its not made my Shahariar..... HA HA HA HA

yaseer
February 9, 2006, 07:53 AM
:joy::joy:

I know not much fan left for al-sahariar...........but i bet......anyone who will watch him making 100 will fall in love with his batting.

Some may say......it is agaisnt our local bowlers........but how many of the local batsmen scored more than Al sahariar.....?

I want him back in the national team again......if selectors does not like him in the openning spot....then no doubt........he is even better in the middle-order against the old ball and specially against the spinners.....

lets hope selectors give him chance at least against the kenyans......he can murder their bowling in the home soil

nero
February 9, 2006, 08:18 AM
Oh, very nice comment.
Lets see what they (the professional selectors) do in the future

oracle
February 9, 2006, 08:48 AM
Yet another player who is the victim of ill advised selection policy. What does it take to come back to the National team? better performance at National league? High Performance? A team. We should'nt solely rely on U-19 to feed the ranks of the National team. Rokon should be given the chance.

Fazal
February 9, 2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by oracle
Yet another player who is the victim of ill advised selection policy. What does it take to come back to the National team? better performance at National league? High Performance? A team. We should'nt solely rely on U-19 to feed the ranks of the National team. Rokon should be given the chance.

:up: Agree 100%, not that I am a Rokon fan but for the sake of fairness.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 09:16 AM
I am telling you guys... he is making it harder for the selectors to leave him behind.... He should definately be in the squad if not in the main eleven... Aftab is not totally fit yet and we can definately play him for one more series... lets see if he fails again but why not give him a chance.... if you can't get selected after such performance, these players will lose faith on domestic cricket.

captain_thinking_tank
February 9, 2006, 11:20 AM
although i was an abahani supporter but i never liked faruk. i wonder what form he has to be the head of our selection committee? by the way, im not a fan of rokon either, but no doubt he deserves a place by his recent performance.

fwullah
February 9, 2006, 11:36 AM
I guess our selectors are waiting for the A team's tour to start. Then they will select him in the 'A' tour and if he performs there for the 'A' team, then he'll get a recall, but not before. I am saying this because this has been their policy for all the players (excluding Alok Kapali)

Kana-Baba
February 9, 2006, 12:08 PM
I would like to watch him playing against Kenya as he is more fluent against mediocer bowling.

Edited on, February 9, 2006, 5:09 PM GMT, by Kana-Baba.

nero
February 9, 2006, 12:10 PM
My dear Mr. Fwullah, for your kind information that Rokon is the most younger player who start play cricket in the Dhaka league when he was only 13++. He kept the first class century in Bangladesh cricket history in 1997 against New Zealand, that is 9 years back. Most of the cricket fan suppose that Rokon is most senior, yes he is but now he is only 27. Yes his cricket life is longer then other only cause behiand that he start his carrier when he is 13 only. So if you say Rokon needs to play in the A team—the cricket fans not aggred with you. One article published in the Daily Manab Jamin newspaper, there Mr. Jalal Ahmed, Sernior coach has said Rokon is a complete cricketer, no doubt.
It is a questions why Rokon not get any chance now?

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2006, 12:39 PM
He has to match Tikolo's output to come back to BD team, I guess.

Well, he is coming close.

sadi
February 9, 2006, 12:49 PM
all I know is he is performing better than Alok... if Alok got a chance, he should too

Shafin
February 9, 2006, 01:16 PM
but his past is always against him,he never made it for a long stay in the national team.i guess selectors will give him a last chance in the kenya series

nero
February 9, 2006, 02:11 PM
Dear Shark, When rokon out of team(2 n 2/1 years) how many Player proved to stay in national side? But many player recall and still stay national side last 2 n 2/1 years, why not rokon? This is really unfair. Note it- he is natural talent.

mshakir56
February 9, 2006, 02:21 PM
Do you guys think that the pharmacy's have any selectors pills, if they do let me know.

Fortuner
February 9, 2006, 02:23 PM
I feel Shahriar deserves more than Alok. Why did Alok get a chance. Was he better than Shahriar in domestic cricket

aosaif
February 9, 2006, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, I encourage you to go to my thread (link below). There you will find the e-mail address of BCCB. I am appealing to all fans to rally behind Rokon by sending BCCB e-mails demanding/pleading/requesting his inclusion in the BD preliminary squad to face Sri Lanka. Maybe it might be too late to include him for Sri Lanka, but selectors will think twice before excluding him from the squad to face Australia.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=15836

thebest
February 9, 2006, 11:04 PM
What is the difference between Hick and Rokon?

Hick murdered bowlers of England and Rokon bullied bowlers of Bangladesh. And occassionally Hick scores brilliant century againest India, Pakistan. Rokon also occasionally score centuries againest Namibia and Zimbabue.

CricTiger
February 9, 2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by mshakir56
Do you guys think that the pharmacy's have any selectors pills, if they do let me know.

Well said ...:lol::lol::lol::clap::clap:

mrkabir80
February 10, 2006, 01:20 AM
I am with all of you guys,look here is some other history not only alok but also tusar imran
my question is :what kind of performance tusar had at domestic leage but he recalled, all kind of stupidity.

i never like faruk but some political matter somehow he is there

there is a another thing whenever rokon came back to the national team they gave him only little chance no perpormance one match/two match
they throw him

but concern is bring him for test match not only for oneday.
oneday match you dont know when you will be betting in what situation,i am confident if he will back to national team as a test opener or middle order he will show something to all of us

he is the best there is nobody that you can compare with him.

suppose brian lara 10 match flop but next match 450,i know rokon will never get this kind of opportunity,but stroke player should have this opportunity.

good news rokon will be back soon dont worry guys

rudro
February 10, 2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Shark_fin
but his past is always against him,he never made it for a long stay in the national team.
Have we forgotten the recent past (SL series) of all other players? So our memory decides to keep track of only selected pasts, huh?

rudro
February 10, 2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by thebest
What is the difference between Hick and Rokon?

Hick murdered bowlers of England and Rokon bullied bowlers of Bangladesh. And occassionally Hick scores brilliant century againest India, Pakistan. Rokon also occasionally score centuries againest Namibia and Zimbabue.
And guess what, with that caliber he playe 65 tests and 120 ODIs for a team like England.

yaseer
February 10, 2006, 10:58 AM
By reading all of these conversation i picked some lines :

- if you can't get selected after such performance, these players will lose faith on domestic cricket

- After playing for several years of domestic and international cricket, Rokon does not need to prove himslef by playing in the "A" team.....if selectors wants him....just call him in the national side...otherwise forget him....

I think "A" team is for those players....about whose ability....you are not sure.....if you are not sure about Rokon after seeing him for 12 years.........then you dont have the ability to be a selector.

guy_zin
February 10, 2006, 11:14 AM
Wondering, why the most vocal/ardent/loyal rokon fans has so few posts bellow their nicks... :-/
&
why most of these species dont post in any other threads except rokon..:info: :info:

guy_zin
February 10, 2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by nero
My dear Mr. Fwullah & Dear Shark, .......

:clap: